PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 8, 2017 vs West Coast

Eastdog
27-04-2017, 11:46 PM
This is the round 8, 2017 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against West Coast is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Optional: New addition to the Bankers and Anchors Banchors 3 players we thought who were in the middle in how they went in the game neither a Banker or Anchor.

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
12-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
12-05-2017, 11:44 PM
B

Caleb's second half
Redders Return
Kids, especially Webby. I can see him able to play a few spots now, and with his kicking he has to keep playing to develop.

A

Matt Boyd. If you can't find form very soon, I can't see you getting to 300.
Lack of composure, forward entries, goal kicking, skills.
Giving up another game to a top 4 aspirant.

westbulldog
13-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Bankers
Jack Redpath - what a welcome addition to our forward line.
Caleb Daniel - smashed Mitchell and everyone else after 1/2 time.
Webb, McClean and Williams good contributors, persist with these kids.

Anchors
Libba down on form.
Inaccuracy (sounding like a broken record)
Slow starts (sounding like a broken record)

Eastdog
13-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Bankers

Redpath - Good return in his first game back for the year

JJ - provided us with some spark

Daniel - Has regained some form

Banchor

Ill go Wood. I thought he did some good things. Neither more towards a banker or anchor tonight.

Anchors

Libba - Great player but didn't really spot him much tonight.

Our woeful goal kicking

Bailey Dale's kick that was reviewed and was give a point straight away.

always right
13-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Bankers
Daniel nearly got us home single handedly.
Webb showed more than I've seen previously.
Jong continues his good form.

Banchors
Thought Toyd was dominant in the ruck.....but needs to take more marks.
JJ provided great run but when was the last time he kicked a goal on the run?
Adams looking promising up forward but needed to kick those goals.

Anchors
Libba.....really worried about his form.
Moyd....I now worry when the ball goes to him.
Worst game I've seen Picken play in years. Lowlight was the botched kick running into an open goal.

bornadog
13-05-2017, 12:31 AM
Bankers

1. Jong's game was one of his best, although he seemed to tire in the last quarter.

2. Daniel - great last quarter, was every where on that big ground.

3. Jack Redpath made his presence felt - loved the bump on Darling

Anchors

1. Some of Macrae's kicks, really frustrates me.

2. Matty Boyd - doesn't look the same player as in the past. Has he gone one year to much.

3. Subiaco - hate that ground.

macca
13-05-2017, 12:37 AM
Banker
1. Caleb daniel stoppage work was excellent tongiht and he was in a lot of the last 2 quarters
2. Redpath welcome back and it's great to have his big prescence there.
3. Well done on killing the run of the eagles in the last quarter they must be stroked . Such a fake team and they got away with it tonight

Anchor
1. Why are we always on the end of dodgy goal on the line ball decisions ! Wtf was that goal not reviewed ? That goal umpire should be sacked along with the field umpire as well . Just makes me mad. Not going to say anything more as I am so annoyed after this game ��. So many holding the man and high frees missed
2. Our goal kicking was one thing costs us the game to tonight
3. Slow starts are costing us games . The freo loss is going to hurt us for points coming into the 4 , another slow start.

Eastdog
13-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Banker3. Slow starts are costing us games . The freo loss is going to hurt us for points coming into the 4 , another slow start.

There is only so many games you can win coming from behind sooner or later it won't go to plan.

Sedat
13-05-2017, 12:48 AM
Biggest banker for me is we will never have to play at that festering turd of a ground ever again.

Doc26
13-05-2017, 01:11 AM
Bankers

1. Caleb's second half was superb. Shutting down the dominant Mitchell whilst creating so many vital plays with his hands and bringing a big work rate.
2. Red's first half where he provided what we have been missing this season in a lead up marking target up forward.
3. Lin has continued with his hard running and has seriously improved in his awareness in traffic and on the outside from last season.

Anchors

1. Hate to anchor one of my faves but Libba has dropped right off and is struggling to find form this season
2. Suckers wasteful and damaging early turnovers could've helped us to gain some early momentum
3. Early days but Bailey Dale needs to find some hardness and grit to match what so many of his younger team mates bring. Goes missing a bit too often.
4. FoxFooty for seriously cutting off Bevo's post match presser to cross to John Ralph for complete insignificance

ratsmac
13-05-2017, 02:14 AM
Bankers

A big banker for the small Caleb Daniel. He was superb in the second half. Mitchell showed him how it's done in the first half and Caleb took it from there. West Coast couldn't go with him in the second half but either could about 8 bulldog players.

Redpath - fantastic first up senior game after an ACL. He lead up and provided a big target. I also loved his bump on Darling who went out of the match pretty much after that hit. Well done Red.

Boyd - I thought his ruck work and body work at the stoppages was pretty good. He needs to present more around the ground but he is improving week by week which is all we can ask for.

Anchors

Libba - probably the worst game of footy he has played for the Bulldogs. He was a non factor. Something is up with him.

Suckling - he doesn't do enough for mine. We brought him over to cut the angles and create play with his great foot skills and kick that long range goal but we aren't getting that from him at the moment. He's been a just player which he is just doing enough to keep his spot.

Umps - not paying free kicks doesn't make it good umpiring. The amount of play on calls from deadset blatant free kicks was laughable in the end.

Missed shots on goal. Cost us tonight.

jeemak
13-05-2017, 04:08 AM
Biggest banker for me is we will never have to play at that festering turd of a ground ever again.

It's a really interesting decision to make the new ground more like every other ground except for Adelaide Oval and Kardinia Park. The reason why Subiaco is so tough is because of its length and lack of width.

comrade
13-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Bankers

1. Daniel's last quarter was epic. Clean when his teammates weren't, direct.
2. Easton Wood's form has been slowly trending up and last night he was great. Happy to see him back to pretty much his best.
3. I thought Webb was productive enough and showed the best signs of the 3 newbies (Dale & Williams the others).

Anchors

1. Decision making all over the field, but that last entry into inside 50 is just getting ridiculous. The combination of very few players with any forward nous, and poor footskills from our mid/backs is killing us.

2. We've got a few hanging on by their finger nails at the moment. Libba needs a spell or something to get right. Matty Boyd is just about cooked.

3. Our kick out set up is so repetitive and predictable. We had no over lap or free men inside our D50, and just resorted to long kicks to outnumbered contests resulting in repeat entries. It would help if Fletch didn't take so many but he wasn't the only culprit.

Remi Moses
14-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Bankers - Caleb Daniel BOG, and back in form
- Webb , for a team kicking a ball like a bag of wheat he stands out .
- Redpath , great return after one game in the lead up
Anchors - The embarrassing skill level going inside 50 . Come on fellas it's getting embarrassing
- Goal kicking ( FFS) get your act together
- Father Time looks like it's caught M.Boyd

soupman
15-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Bankers:
Redpaths glorious return. Aside from one pass to Smith he was excellent with the ball and our only dangerous forward. Really hoping he gets a good run because he could be a very good player and does seem like a great bloke.
Daniel's finish. I'm still critical of his first half, where he failed to impac the game or shutdown Mitchell in any way, but his second half was pretty impressive.
Easton Wood's return to form. He has been building slowly this year and was pretty poor in early games, but his form has picke dup immensely in recent weeks and it's great to see.

Anchors
Suckling and JJ. The two players we look to give the ball off to around the 60m mark, and neither have returned much this season. How many times can JJ run to 50 with the footy and kick a point? He is like the anti Gilbee atm. And Suckling's kicking has been anything but a weapon recently. He would be close to getting dropped.
Libba's non form. He has been mediocre at best this season. What has happened to the tough as nails accumulator who boats a handball second only to Bont? He is just going atm and contributed nothing on Friday.
Crameris VFL performances. I know he is struggling after a year out and with possible injuries, but for multiple weeks now he hasn't ben in our best 10 players in the reserves and considering our lack of fit forwards we need him to step up.

bornadog
15-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Bankers:

Daniel's finish. I'm still critical of his first half, where he failed to impact the game or shutdown Mitchell in any way, but his second half was pretty impressive.

Was he on Mitchell in the first half?

soupman
15-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Was he on Mitchell in the first half?

I think the commentary indicated as such

Jam Donuts
15-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Crameri looks cooked after watching him against Port

always right
15-05-2017, 03:18 PM
I think the commentary indicated as such
To be fair....I don't think he started on him but was moved onto him....perhaps at the start of the second quarter.