Gold Coast v Geelong Metricon Stadium 7.25pm

Western Bulldogs v Richmond Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Sunday May 7

Sydney v Brisbane SCG 1.10pm

Melbourne v Hawthorn MCG 3.20pm

Fremantle v Essendon Domain Stadium 4.40pm

bornadog
01-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Double header on Saturday with Footscray Bulldogs v Richmond VFL playing at 3pm at Etihad

comrade
01-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Some decent games.

Friday night is looking a lot more competitive with Greene and Haynes to miss. I hate both teams so either one losing is a bonus.

Port v West Coast in the battle of the downhill skiers. Expecting Port to get up there.

Gold Coast v Geelong will be closer than many people will think, but expect Geelong to be efficient enough to win. Gaz would need to have another huge performance and Lynch would need to kick 5+ which isn't out of the realms of possibility at Metricon.

And if you're a betting man, I'd be putting everything on the Demons to win by 40+.

By the way, is it time for the T&T rooting thread?

Twodogs
01-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Some decent games.

Friday night is looking a lot more competitive with Greene and Haynes to miss. I hate both teams so either one losing is a bonus.

Port v West Coast in the battle of the downhill skiers. Expecting Port to get up there.

Gold Coast v Geelong will be closer than many people will think, but expect Geelong to be efficient enough to win. Gaz would need to have another huge performance and Lynch would need to kick 5+ which isn't out of the realms of possibility at Metricon.

And if you're a betting man, I'd be putting everything on the Demons to win by 40+.

Last year's was some of the best rooting ever!

comrade
01-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Last year's was some of the best rooting ever!

Root of a lifetime.

GVGjr
01-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Some good games and ones that will set the order.

Port vs West Coast could be a game that start to shape the 8. GWS vs the Saints should be a decent Friday night game

Twodogs
01-05-2017, 10:43 PM
But who should we root for? Which team winning or losing best directly benefits us? Is it GWS so that it brings it back to one game or is it West Coast and Adelaide so we can leapfrog them after we put out the trash on Saturday night and dispose of Richmond?

Or do we go crazy ape shit bonkers and root willy nilly for them all? We need to know.

hujsh
02-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Rooting completely backfired on us last year as we got totally cockblocked by everyone but especially West Coast, Adelaide and GWS. I say we continue finals tradition of just backing ourselves to win all the games we can and who cares who we play or where.

boydogs
04-05-2017, 12:55 AM
But who should we root for? Which team winning or losing best directly benefits us? Is it GWS so that it brings it back to one game or is it West Coast and Adelaide so we can leapfrog them after we put out the trash on Saturday night and dispose of Richmond?

Or do we go crazy ape shit bonkers and root willy nilly for them all? We need to know.

Aiming for top 2

St Kilda v GWS
North Melbourne v Adelaide
Collingwood v Carlton no impact
Port Adelaide v West Coast draw
Gold Coast v Geelong
Western Bulldogs v Richmond
Sydney v Brisbane no impact
Melbourne v Hawthorn
Fremantle v Essendon no impact

Mantis
05-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Some decent games.

A mad Melbourne supporting mate reckons they will be lucky to win at all, says they battle when they go in heavy favourites.. Will gives us an idea of how they are maturing.

Interesting game tonight, I don't really rate St.Kilda's midfield so it will be intersting to see how it stacks up against GWS.

Ozza
05-05-2017, 10:35 AM
A mad Melbourne supporting mate reckons they will be lucky to win at all, says they battle when they go in heavy favourites.. Will show us where thet are at.

Interesting game tonight, I don't really rate St.Kilda's midfield so it will be intersting to see how it stacks up against GWS.

Haynes is a huge loss for GWS. Him and Greene being out opens the door a little for St.Kilda.

LostDoggy
05-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Some decent games.

$3.75. Tonight will be a good to see how GWS come up after our game.

comrade
05-05-2017, 08:23 PM
$3.75. Tonight will be a good to see how GWS come up after our game.

Those are juicy odds.

merantau
05-05-2017, 08:38 PM
I really dislike both teams but will be rooting for St Kilda. Can't stand the talk about "the GWS franchise winning 3 out of the next five" (McAvanney speculating just now). I want to see them crash and burn like cheap plastic.

comrade
05-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Giants look much better this week. Saints allowing the GWS running game to get going.

Twodogs
05-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I really dislike both teams but will be rooting for St Kilda. Can't stand the talk about "the GWS franchise winning 3 out of the next five" (McAvanney speculating just now). I want to see them crash and burn like cheap plastic.

KB keeps calling them the Winx of the competition. There is an obvious flaw in that logic. Winx has never lost and has a houseful of trophies and cups and stuff and GWS have never actually won anything.

Nada.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
KB keeps calling them the Winx of the competition. There is an obvious flaw in that logic. Winx has never lost and has a houseful of trophies and cups and stuff and GWS have never actually won anything.

Nada.

If the comp was smart, the clubs would gut GWS with the AFEL unable to do anything. North have the right idea with Kelly, us to a lesser extent with Boyd (as ours was a reactive strike, but a strike).

Make huge cash offers on their elite talent. Years and dollars the player can't say no to. Refuse to trade in any meaningful way with GWS. If Kelly accepts and North don't trade, he gets there in the psd without any doubt. If they lose 6-8 of their gun players for little back, then let's so how they are going to cover them with ageing players like Gryphone, Lids & Mzungu who have trouble getting on the park.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Umpires love GWS. I thought it was anti-dogs last week, but maybe it was pro-GWS umpiring.

Remi Moses
05-05-2017, 11:03 PM
GWS playing on their own terms again .

bulldogtragic
05-05-2017, 11:21 PM
I wonder if the media narrative about how the 2018 GWS Premiership being done and won might change...

comrade
Dogs bashes up the Giants. Saints couldn't have got them at a better time.

Topdog
Saints absolutely smashed them in the last qtr and a bit

bulldogtragic
05-05-2017, 11:24 PM
I still like Koby's attack on the ball and man. A shame his skills and decision making aren't at the same level. For his sake I hope he doesn't get done for his sling tackle.

Remi Moses
05-05-2017, 11:25 PM
The ball jyst pings out of their back half to easily

GVGjr
05-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Impressive result by the Saints. They've been super aggressive with their tackling and they run forward with numbers.

Topdog
05-05-2017, 11:30 PM
I still like Koby's attack on the ball and man. A shame his skills and decision making aren't at the same level. For his sake I hope he doesn't get done for his sling tackle.

He has no chance of getting off for that one.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2017, 11:33 PM
GWS still yet to impress me this year.

soupman
05-05-2017, 11:57 PM
GWS still yet to impress me this year.

I have big doubts on them. When they are up and going they are gods. But under pressure if you make them pay (which we failed to do last week) you are a big chance, and I am completely unconvinced by their depth. For all the high draft picks playing in their reserves we have seen through their performances at Carlton that maybe 1 in four is actually half decent. If they get injuries, which they finally seem to be getting, their lack of depth is going to be exposed.

bornadog
05-05-2017, 11:57 PM
I wonder if the media narrative about how the 2018 GWS Premiership being done and won might change...

Media carried on about how good they were and hot favourites for the flag, blah blah blah. I think they have been believing their own publicity and thinking how good they are. Really should have knocked them off last week.

Remi Moses
06-05-2017, 12:20 AM
They tend to go all Hollywood when things are on their own terms .
Heath Shaw had a mare , and that's a thing of beauty :D

LostDoggy
06-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Free by two points remain the only side to have won the week after playing us.

Twodogs
06-05-2017, 01:35 AM
Dogs bashes up the Giants. Saints couldn't have got them at a better time.

Yep we set them up fot a soft kill tonight.

MrMahatma
06-05-2017, 01:35 AM
It's a long season. The cream rises.

Go dogs!

Twodogs
06-05-2017, 01:44 AM

he still handballs to players feet and sprays shots.too often. Got some important touches at the end though.

Impressive result by the Saints. They've been super aggressive with their tackling and they run forward with numbers.

Really impressive tackling in their fotward line in the middle of the last quarter by the saints.

merantau
06-05-2017, 05:27 AM
Patton was a spectator. Lobb did little. Cameron was just fair. It was good to see them crushed in the last 40 minutes. Gresham is a fine player. Woild love to see him in our colours.

GVGjr
06-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Tim Taranto has settled into senior football very well. I thought he was a very good footballer in the TAC last season but I was a little surprised he went as early as he did in the draft. Games like that though underline they've grabbed another beauty.

Go_Dogs
06-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Tim Taranto has settled into senior football very well. I thought he was a very good footballer in the TAC last season but I was a little surprised he went as early as he did in the draft. Games like that though underline they've grabbed another beauty.

Yes - I kept an eye on him after you mentioned him very early in the piece. Rose very sharply and looks like another versatile, play anywhere mid, which they have a glut of.

As much as I have no love for St Kilda after they tormented us during our last successful era, I've got a good mate who supports them and after winning a flag, I'd like him to feel that joy at some point in the future. Last night was a strong step in the right direction for the Saints - it'll be interesting to see whether they build on this.

comrade
06-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Saints have some natural forwards that converted when it mattered last night; Billings, Membrey, Gresham for example.

Compare that with our set up where you have Jong, Dunkley & Smith trying to get on the end of the work up field. We need to invest in some natural goal kicking talent.

Go_Dogs
06-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Saints have some natural forwards that converted when it mattered last night; Billings, Membrey, Gresham for example.

Compare that with our set up where you have Jong, Dunkley & Smith trying to get on the end of the work up field. We need to invest in some natural goal kicking talent.

Like Dale and Hamilton? I think we have some of these players but they aren't quite there yet (and may never be).

comrade
06-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Like Dale and Hamilton? I think we have some of these players but they aren't quite there yet (and may never be).

I don't think Hamilton will make it, and Dale seems like a mid that can finish rather than a genuine forward threat.

I'm bullish on Greene, and think Lipinski will prove himself as a quality mid that can pinch hit forward and cause problems for the opposition defence.

The fact is Dickson is our best and most efficient forward threat, the type that will convert from limited opportunities and just knows when and where to move to give himself a chance.

I'd look at adding at least another genuine forward via this year's draft. They can be picked up late with Essendon's Fantasia a good example (and our own Fergus Greene too).

hujsh
06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
North up 10 goals in the first quarter. Funny that we just had a thread that conceded the top 2 spots to Adelaide and GWS and then we get these upsets (job not done yet though) immediately

Remi Moses
06-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Call in the bookmakers in Tassie .
Staggering score . Crows just not at the races, and getting beaten at their own game

comrade
06-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Roos aren't this good and Crows won't play this badly for 4 quarters. Can see it turning into a scrap with the Roos winning by a few goals.

hujsh
06-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Doing all the can to get the Crows back in it. Dumb dumb dumb from Scott Thompson to give a free away long after the goal was kicked.

Murphy'sLore
06-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Is it windy in Hobart?

Sedat
06-05-2017, 04:02 PM
It is but Norf are 7 goals up at half time. They played a very smart qtr into the wind (except for the obligatory Scott Thompson brain fade).

Webby
06-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Watching Adelaide running around in putrid yellow jumpers simply makes me shake my head...

Norf's "persecuted" fans who so moaned about being encouraged to wear white shorts for some home games influenced the club to change to these awkward looking, predominately blue jumpers. Meaning that now, instead of their traditional jumpers, I'm forced to watch:

Adelaide running around in yellow.
Carlton in white.
The Bulldogs in white.
Melbourne in white.
Geelong probably in their putrid T-shirt
Freo in white
Eagles in white

Every time they play Norf.

All of whom have worn their traditional guernseys against Norf for 20 - 120 years.
Nice work, Norf.

PS. Your old jumpers look far better.

All over the odd appearance in white shorts..

Rocket Science
06-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Glued to Norf v Crows if only for vision of Spudhead Scott's reaction in the box when the Crows get up by a kick.

Edit: so much for that.

Remi Moses
06-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Sam Petrevski - Seton is going to be a star .

Happy Days
06-05-2017, 05:07 PM
North v Adelaide providing further weight to my theory that games played in Hobart aren't part of AFL canon.

Sedat
06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Brendan Bolton is a fantastic coach - he's probably getting more output out of combined talent levels from his team than any coach in the comp with the possible exception of Bevo.

bornadog
06-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Great to See GWS and Adelaide go down this weekend. Sick of hearing the last couple of weeks how these two teams are going to romp into the GF. It is a long season you so called media experts.

Come on Dogs, let's fix up the other team that was raved about.

Sedat
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Sam Petrevski - Seton is going to be a star .
Had no pre-season at all either. Very impressive for a kid to pick up the pace of AFL so quickly.

chef
06-05-2017, 06:15 PM
I fed SPS at work this week in Echuca.

GVGjr
06-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Results went our way so far this round. Gold Coast upset Geelong. Well done Rocket and the boys

bulldogtragic
06-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Results went our way so far this round. Gold Coast upset Geelong. Well done Rocket and the boys

Huge thanks to them, equal 2nd we are now.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Happy with that. Melbourne fall back into the pack, and the more wins Hawthorn get (not against us though) the worse St Kilda's pick. Both good aspects of the result.