PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz Vans - New Sponsor

ledge
03-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Lucky enough to be online and I saw someone posted a picture of a new partnership .. It was taken down pretty quick but looks to be true. Waiting for the official announcement but this is pretty big apparently.

SlimPickens
03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Makes sense, people have been stealing Mercedes from the eastern suburbs and driving them west for years!! :p

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:21 PM
No more comments about 'bloody Mercedes drivers' then.

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:23 PM
No more comments about 'bloody Mercedes drivers' then.

Well, technically it's only Mercedes Benz van drivers that are ok. You can still have a crack at the toff in their C-Class.

Ozza
03-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Pretty huge to get a car sponsorship and to align ourselves with a brand like Mercedes!!
Not exactly 'on-brand' traditionally ! - but maybe where we are headed!

I can just see it.....The new Mercedes Bontempelli.

jeemak
03-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Wasn't it bloody Volvo drivers?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Wasn't it bloody Volvo drivers?

Right you are Sir.

ledge
03-05-2017, 04:28 PM
I always thought it was Volvo drivers that copped it.
Mercedes were always class and driven by professional people not retired people that go at 40 Ks an hour (Volvo)

ledge
03-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Hope their is no Volvo drivers in this forum, if so your forgiven because your bulldog supporters.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:29 PM
I'm assuming Mission will have front of the jumper still. Merc to take the back of the jumper maybe?

Scraggers
03-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Shane Delia posted it online ... great news !!

Scraggers
03-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Will we get a member's discount ??? Say ... 80% off :cool:

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:31 PM
I'm assuming Mission will have front of the jumper still. Merc to take the back of the jumper maybe?

Yes, that's my take.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Yes, that's my take.

Going to have to re-do the sponsors background at press conferences too.

I wonder why this didn't happen pre-season, is the Australian Merc CEO a Bulldogs person and just wanted to make sure last year wasn't a fluke before parting with the cash?

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Can the heading be changed to Mercedes Benz Vans?

bornadog
03-05-2017, 04:55 PM
The Bont would look good behind a Mercedes AMG - he knows how drive fast:

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/c135.0.810.810/14727641_340005043020009_5950175781240963072_n.jpg

(with Josh Kelly)

ledge
03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
I posted the same time as another poster in future sponsorships , maybe drop this into that thread mods.

WBFC4FFC
03-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Hope their is no Volvo drivers in this forum, if so your forgiven because your bulldog supporters.

Unfortunately drove one in my uni days (for free). Crap Electricals. My Boss has one now and has suffered the same fate!

One of the best things I saw ever on the roads was last week when one Volvo beeped at another Volvo driver on the road! Didn't think they were capable of detecting poor driving!

Happy Days
03-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Well that is something I never expected to read.

bornadog
03-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Well that is something I never expected to read.

Should Read Mercedes Benz VANS.

http://assets.mbvans.com/c_scale,w_1400/Mercedes-Benz-Vans/Home/Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter-van-B-1031.jpg

ledge
03-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Should Read Mercedes Benz VANS.

http://assets.mbvans.com/c_scale,w_1400/Mercedes-Benz-Vans/Home/Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter-van-B-1031.jpg

Is it that important ? It's still Mercedes Benz.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Is it that important ? It's still Mercedes Benz.

I don't care if it's Mercedes Benz laxative suppositories. The years and dollars are really all that matters.

Twodogs
03-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately drove one in my uni days (for free). Crap Electricals. My Boss has one now and has suffered the same fate!

One of the best things I saw ever on the roads was last week when one Volvo beeped at another Volvo driver on the road! Didn't think they were capable of detecting poor driving!

I didn't know that volvos were fitted with horns. Or steering wheels for that matter.

Doc26
03-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Well, technically it's only Mercedes Benz van drivers that are ok. You can still have a crack at the toff in their C-Class.

Is there any link to this announcement as yet? Can't see anything about this online as yet (other than from the best source of Bulldog info - Woof)

Anyone in the know care to share more other than the OPs reference to a pulled down story?

chef
03-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Stevo just said on 7 news it'll be announced tomorrow

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Stevo just said on 7 news it'll be announced tomorrow

We've just said it will be announced today! :D

comrade
03-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Is there any link to this announcement as yet? Can't see anything about this online as yet (other than from the best source of Bulldog info - Woof)

Anyone in the know care to share more other than the OPs reference to a pulled down story?

Shane Delia put a post up on FB announcing the partnership, including an official image with Gordo, Bevo & Bont. Took it down but it escaped into the Internet wilderness before he could.

Now Stevo has confirmed there'll be an official announcement so I would bet my house it's all legit.

Doc26
03-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Shane Delia put a post up on FB announcing the partnership, including an official image with Gordo, Bevo & Bont. Took it down but it escaped into the Internet wilderness before he could.

Now Stevo has confirmed there'll be an official announcement so I would bet my house it's all legit.

Thanks Comrade.

Just saw the Stevo segment on Seven Sport referencing the Mercedes sponsorship and showing the above mentioned picture with Bevo, Bont and co.. Gordo and a Mercedes staffer both holding up our jumper showing the Mercedes logo on the lower back side of our jumper.

The 2018 reference across the two jumpers probably implies that the arrangement kicks off next season.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/joy2wgo4yl8drhm/Photo%203-5-17%2C%207%2026%2040%20pm.jpg?raw=1

Flamethrower
03-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Miss out on sponsor ship with Audi.....

Nek Minnit....

Sign with Mercedes Benz - FTW!!!!

(How is that sponsorship with Hawthorn and working out for you Audi?).

Twodogs
03-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Thanks Comrade.

Just saw the Stevo segment on Seven Sport referencing the Mercedes sponsorship and showing the above mentioned picture with Bevo, Bont and co.. Gordo and a Mercedes staffer both holding up our jumper showing the Mercedes logo on the lower back side of our jumper.

The 2018 reference across the two jumpers probably implies that the arrangement kicks off next season.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/joy2wgo4yl8drhm/Photo%203-5-17%2C%207%2026%2040%20pm.jpg?raw=1

Or they really, really like Josh Dunkley and Fletcher Roberts.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-05-2017, 10:28 PM
It's pretty bloody fun to be involved with this club right now, ain't it?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 10:32 PM
It's pretty bloody fun to be involved with this club right now, ain't it?

If folks can't join the club and enjoy it now, I dare say they never will. It's almost unnatural to have so much good news, so consistently and for so long!

Dry Rot
03-05-2017, 11:58 PM
IMO this is great news.

We needed a car sponsor and bagged a premium one, not a shit box Chinese or Korean one. Or American crap like Jeep.

Next target: a top 4 bank.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 11:59 PM
IMO this is great news.

We needed a car sponsor and bagged a premium one, not a shit box Chinese or Korean one. Or American crap like Jeep.

Next target: a top 4 bank.

Going to be hard as we just signed up People's Choice Credit Union!

An airline or insurance company would be a good get. I'd love News Corp, or even the Blue, White & 'Red Bull' Dogs.

Webby
04-05-2017, 12:04 AM

Be careful what you wish for... great follow up by Benz!

Dry Rot
04-05-2017, 12:06 AM
FWIW I have owned a very fancy old Merc, so I'm amused at this news.

Owned it for 1 hour and never drove it. Sold it to a mate.

I inherited it - all because of the Western Bulldogs, who killed my Swans supporting dad on grand final day in 2016.

Heart attack, sometime between the second and third quarters I'm told.

bornadog
04-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Western Bulldogs partner with Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia

Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-05-04/wb-mvb-announcement)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-8QOCQXoAE_Qo6.jpg

In a major off-field coup, the Western Bulldogs have announced a ground-breaking three-year partnership with global automotive manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia.

It is the first time the Bulldogs have aligned with an automotive manufacturer, and the first partnership with a major sporting club for Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia.

As principal partner for the 2018 season and beyond, the Mercedes Benz-Vans logo will feature on the back of the Bulldogs’ AFL guernsey, with Mission Foods remaining on the front of the guernsey as the major partner of the Club.

The Mercedes-Benz Vans logo will also be prominent on the Club’s apparel and official media backdrop from next season.

Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon said the new partnership was a great outcome for both Mercedes-Benz Vans and the Club.

“We are thrilled to welcome Mercedes-Benz Vans into the Western Bulldogs family,” said Bulldogs’ President Peter Gordon.

“This partnership breaks new ground for the club as our first automotive partner, and we are excited to work closely with such a high calibre global brand which shares similar values and ambitions to the Bulldogs.”

Managing Director Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia and New Zealand, Diane Tarr, said this partnership was the perfect fit for the Mercedes-Benz Vans brand.

“The Bulldogs are a nationally admired sporting team, and the values of the Club are very much aligned with our values at Mercedes-Benz Vans,” she said.

“Our products and people are known for their reliability, resilience and capability to get the job done. We support people in their business operations and have an unrelenting passion to be the best.

“I can’t think of a better club to align with than the Western Bulldogs. We will be so proud to have our Mercedes-Benz Vans logo on the back of every Bulldogs AFL guernsey.”

As part of the partnership, renowned chef Shane Delia, owner of Maha restaurant and Biggie Smalls, and an ambassador for the Bulldogs and Mercedes-Benz Vans, will work with both brands on some exclusive inner sanctum experiences.

And much like the Western Bulldogs’ recent on-field success, the stature of Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia is also set to strengthen.

The existing range, including the industry renowned Sprinter and Vito, will expand next year with the highly-anticipated introduction of the new Mercedes-Benz X-Class Ute.

“The X-Class will be a Ute that knows no compromise. Much like what the Western Bulldogs demonstrated last year, the X-Class will set new standards in a highly competitive and established field,” Tarr said.

To find out more on Mercedes-Benz Vans, click here. (http://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/content/australia/mpc/mpc_australia__website/en/home_mpc/van.html)

Follow Mercedes-Benz Vans on Facebook (@MercedesBenzVansAustralia) and on Instagram (@mercedesbenzvans_au)
Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

whythelongface
04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Fantastic news. Well done to all at the club who have secured this sponsorship.

The Doctor
04-05-2017, 03:03 PM
thats massive

well done Bulldogs

Jeanette54
04-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Notwithstanding Mercedes supporting the 'Dogs, I still hope "Danny Ric" whips their arse in F1.

Twodogs
04-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Notwithstanding Mercedes supporting the 'Dogs, I still hope "Danny Ric" whips their arse in F1.

What if it was a Mercedes van ripping around the F1 tracks with a bulldog sticker on the rear window?

Jeanette54
04-05-2017, 08:01 PM
What if it was a Mercedes van ripping around the F1 tracks with a bulldog sticker on the rear window?

That is about as likely as Donald Trump replacing Peter Gordon as Bulldog President Twodogs.

bulldogtragic
04-05-2017, 08:07 PM
That is about as likely as Donald Trump replacing Peter Gordon as Bulldog President Twodogs.

*!*!*!*!. Shhhh. They said Donald Trump would never replace Barack Obama...

Noooooooo. :D

Remi Moses
04-05-2017, 08:09 PM
We've gone from a P 76 or a Datsun 180 B a few years ago to Mercedes .

LostDoggy
04-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Fantastic news. Just massive.

Eastdog
04-05-2017, 11:37 PM
Great news for our club. Our premiership win absolutely huge in attracting interest in new in sponsors. Recently Powercor and now Mercedes. So Mission and Mercedes from 2018 will be on the jumper.

LostDoggy
05-05-2017, 01:00 AM
Seriously how good does the X Class look? Wow what a beast, it's got Clay Smith's name all over it!

bornadog
05-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Seriously how good does the X Class look? Wow what a beast, it's got Clay Smith's name all over it!

Should shake up the market.

craigsahibee
05-05-2017, 11:08 AM

I can see Caleb driving that. No wait a minute, I can't see Caleb driving that. Well not without a couple of cushions anyway.

Axe Man
05-05-2017, 11:12 AM
We've gone from a P 76 or a Datsun 180 B a few years ago to Mercedes .

You should be a journalist stealing my material like that! ;)

Twodogs
05-05-2017, 02:26 PM
You should be a journalist stealing my material like that! ;)

Might be a comedian.

LostDoggy
05-05-2017, 06:47 PM

With Bevo behind the wheel.

bornadog
05-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Barrett Sliding doors

If
it was good enough for Eddie to get the Magpies into Versace suits back in the early 2000s ...
then
... it is more than OK for Peter Gordon to deliver Mercedes to the Dogs in 2017. The official RIP of VFL/AFL stereotypes.

Eastdog
05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
How things have changed also not only on field but off field as well. Great about the amount we have done to dramatically reduce our debt. Wish I became a member much more earlier than I did in 2013 been a Doggies supporter since the early 00s when I was around 12ish but so glad I am now to be contributing to the club and being part of record membership. Every membership type adds up.

Twodogs
05-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Mercedes and the western bulldogs. Bugger me dead.

Does this mean that Chris Grant is no longer the Rolls Royce of footballers as dubbed by Dougie? He's now the Mercedes knackers? They are a bit out of my price range so I don't know the names of the models.

Scraggers
06-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Gotta get me a Mercedes Knackers ... do they come in mohair ?? My last one was kept in the wife's purse ;)

Twodogs
06-05-2017, 01:33 AM
It's got a retractable roof but you don't want to see it fully extended.

bulldogtragic
15-11-2017, 04:10 PM
How good does the Merc logo look on the polo shirts?! It's great to have a premium brand sponsors logo, but the polo shirt is filling up with genuinely good sponsors. Now for a couple more to make it look like an F1 race suit.

Danny the snakeman
16-11-2017, 12:08 AM
I doubt it would be but love to see emblem on the members polo.

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 04:16 PM
I don't care if it's Mercedes Benz laxative suppositories. The years and dollars are really all that matters.

Yeah for sure. At the end of the day any type of sponsor is great and important for our club.

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 04:22 PM
With Bevo behind the wheel.

We would certainly want it to win in that case :)

bornadog
19-11-2017, 03:45 PM
We would certainly want it to win in that case :)

https://motoring.pxcrush.net/motoring/general/editorial/mercedes-benz-x-class-007.jpg?width=640

bornadog
14-11-2019, 11:35 PM
I wonder how long this sponsorship will last? The Vans haven't being selling well and there is some speculation, Mercedes will pull the pin on the cars.

bulldogtragic
15-11-2019, 12:04 AM
I wonder how long this sponsorship will last? The Vans haven't being selling well and there is some speculation, Mercedes will pull the pin on the cars.

3 year deal for 2018-2020. Hopefully at least 2020. Maybe they should just sign long term under the main Mercedes brand.

bornadog
03-02-2020, 09:37 PM

Well its official Mercedes won't be producing these cars anymore.

Mofra
04-02-2020, 10:39 AM
Well its official Mercedes won't be producing these cars anymore.
Yep - they will still produce the vans though so fingers crossed we can negotiate some sort of extension.

Bevo and Bont will no longer get their cars as 'ambassadors' though.

bornadog
27-08-2020, 11:18 AM
Bulldogs, Mercedes-Benz Vans partnership to conclude (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/801830)

The Western Bulldogs have announced that Mercedes-Benz Vans will not continue as the Club’s Principal Partner beyond the existing three year agreement, which ends at the conclusion of the 2020 season.

The Club has enjoyed a strong relationship with the automotive leader over the last three years, beginning in 2018 when Mercedes-Benz Vans introduced the X-Class Ute and new generation Sprinter Van.

“To have a global brand like Mercedes-Benz Vans as a Principal Partner of the Club has been terrific in helping to take our brand to another level,” said Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains.

“We are proud to have been the first major sporting club partnership in Australia for the Mercedes-Benz Vans team.

“We would like to thank Mercedes-Benz Vans Managing Director Diane Tarr and her team, for their strong support over the last three years.

“We are now focussed on finding another Principal Partner to be part of our exciting team, alongside our Major Partner Mission Foods.”

Managing Director Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia and New Zealand, Diane Tarr said: “We have been so proud to associate our brand with this incredibly genuine, passionate, determined and resilient football club.

“It’s been wonderful to have Ameet and his team as part of the Mercedes-Benz Vans family over the last three years, playing an integral role in raising the awareness of our brand and range of products during that time.

“The club’s commitment to their members and staff, and also to their local community, through the close association they have with the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation is inspiring.

“We would like to thank the entire Western Bulldogs Football Club for embracing us as a partner, and we wish them all the best for the remainder of what’s been a challenging 2020 season and beyond.”

The Western Bulldogs Principal Partnership asset includes branding on the back of the Club’s AFL guernsey, as well as key branding on Bulldogs’ Asics apparel, the official media back drop and changeroom signage, along with multiple corporate and digital entitlements

Axe Man
27-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Not all that surprising and unfortunately it's going to be difficult to replace them in the current economic climate.

This bad news far outweighs the good news of McDonalds coming on board as I am assuming this is a much larger sponsorship.

bornadog
27-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Not all that surprising and unfortunately it's going to be difficult to replace them in the current economic climate.

This bad news far outweighs the good news of McDonalds coming on board as I am assuming this is a much larger sponsorship.

I was expecting this as well. Mercedes have ditched the 4 wheel Ute vehicle - yes I know they come under vans, but once they discontinued it, I felt it was inevitable.

Prince Imperial
27-08-2020, 11:29 AM
An unsurprising announcement but perhaps the timing of it (with a fair bit of the season to go) indicates that we have a replacement principal partnership in the wings which we want to make public.

The fact that Ameet mentioned in his podcast with Peter a few weeks ago that there would be 3-4 sponsorship announcements in the coming weeks might support this possibility.

comrade
27-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Yeah, once the ute was knifed, combined with the pandemic, the sponsorship was always destined to conclude. Sounds like a fairly amicable ending.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-08-2020, 12:48 PM
An unsurprising announcement but perhaps the timing of it (with a fair bit of the season to go) indicates that we have a replacement principal partnership in the wings which we want to make public.

The fact that Ameet mentioned in his podcast with Peter a few weeks ago that there would be 3-4 sponsorship announcements in the coming weeks might support this possibility.

That's good to know and certainly makes a lot of sense.