PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-Round 7 V Richmond

Twodogs
06-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Apart from the fact Richmond are scum tell us three things you've learned.

bulldogtragic
06-05-2017, 11:02 PM
1. I know we wanted Tom Boyd forward, but then select a ruckman. Match committee obviously got it wrong, then the coach did.
2. I haven't enjoyed this year. We can't keep giving teams 30+ point leads.
3. Equal second on the ladder, with lesser percentage. That's good. But hopefully this isn't getting the players drunk on arrogance.

SlimPickens
06-05-2017, 11:25 PM
1.We must play a designated ruckman. TC should of played tonight.
2.Clay Smith showed his value, after a number of poor performances.
3. Our medicos may finally be learning, thank *!*!*!*! the didn't let Stringer back on.

EasternWest
06-05-2017, 11:27 PM
3. Tom Boyd just doesn't get free kicks paid.

2. Week by week I am coming around to Fletcher Roberts.

1. Bailey Williams can really play. He's a beautiful kick.

Throughandthrough
06-05-2017, 11:29 PM
Basil Zempelas is a cock head
Basil Zempelas should shut up
Basil Zempelas is the worst commentator in the AFL

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Basil Zempelas is a cock head
Basil Zempelas should shut up
Basil Zempelas is the worst commentator in the AFL

Basil Zempilas is a major contributor to climate change, and also may be the human manifestation of the Avian flu virus.

bornadog
07-05-2017, 12:05 AM
1. Bevo knows what he is doing with rucks - won the centre clearances and stoppages

2. We are truly a never say die team

3. Clay came good, when he was on last chance

comrade
07-05-2017, 01:28 AM
1.We must play a designated ruckman. TC should of played tonight.
2.Clay Smith showed his value, after a number of poor performances.
3. Our medicos may finally be learning, thank *!*!*!*! the didn't let Stringer back on.

TC was woeful in the VFL game.

westdog54
07-05-2017, 04:13 AM
1. When Dustin Martin had the ball he's one of the best there is. When he doesn't...
2. Jack Redpath comes in as soon as he's fit.
3. We can't keep playing with fire like this. Not everyone is as mentally weak as Richmond.

SonofScray
07-05-2017, 09:19 AM
1. There is so much consumption of salt happening for people outside the west, I think we'll have to franchise out the Sons of the West program. Bad for the rest of the community's health. Incredibly amusing to watch these people melt.

2. The no ruck thing feels too smart by half.

3. We are getting good at managing a short bench.

bornadog
07-05-2017, 10:28 AM
1. When Dustin Martin had the ball he's one of the best there is. When he doesn't...

When Martin gets the ball, he seems to run around a lot in circles and create nothing. Was on the end of a few cheapies to get his goals.

Throughandthrough
07-05-2017, 01:13 PM
When Martin gets the ball, he seems to run around a lot in circles and create nothing. Was on the end of a few cheapies to get his goals.

Yet according to BZ (sorry to bang on), even though Martin may have kicked it straight to a Bulldogs player, it was done with amazing skill

bornadog
07-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Yet according to BZ (sorry to bang on), even though Martin may have kicked it straight to a Bulldogs player, it was done with amazing skill

T&T - you must be thrilled with your boy, could get a rising star nomination.

always right
07-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Surprised at the criticism of Martin. Good things typically happen for Richmond when he has the ball and he creates panic in the opposition....including us. That piece of play in the last when he beat Wood and Boyd was outstanding.

bornadog
07-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Surprised at the criticism of Martin. Good things typically happen for Richmond when he has the ball and he creates panic in the opposition....including us. That piece of play in the last when he beat Wood and Boyd was outstanding.

No doubt he does some good things but he wastes alot of his disposals. 28 Disposals at 64% Eff.

PS: I will say I am not a fan of his.

GVGjr
07-05-2017, 04:58 PM

He was very impressive at times. Just shrugged off players and ran around them far too often.

always right
07-05-2017, 05:02 PM
He was very impressive at times. Just shrugged off players and ran around them far too often.

Bont appeared to be the only one who could stick a tackle on him.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Bont appeared to be the only one who could stick a tackle on him.

And win a holding the ball free for it. I don't remember us getting paid too many of them this year.

boydogs
08-05-2017, 12:27 AM

Absolute jet and a big reason for their 5-0 start

Twodogs
08-05-2017, 02:49 AM

He did didn't he? Just swatted them away like flies.

ratsmac
08-05-2017, 08:56 AM
I learned

1. Slow start, no worries. We have the confidence to wear teams down to get the win. A few big wins would be a nice change up though.
2. Same as last year we find ourselves getting bad injuries. When will our luck turn on that front? Maybe it's our sneaky way of managing the players work loads so they are fresh for finals time..... :-/
3. Dunkley and Jong are shit house ruckman. It's weird though because yes they were getting smashed in the hit outs, at the same time we were getting smashed on the scoreboard, but we were up in the clearance numbers. I'm not 100% sure the ruck experiment had anything to do with the scoreboard situation even though we seemed to get back in the game when we aborted mission and put Boyd back in the ruck. Either way we didn't get an advantage of having the extra midfielder at the bounce.

Bulldog Joe
08-05-2017, 09:05 AM
While it seemed a strange move in the first qtr with Dunkley and Jong, we did see Boyd put in a strong second half.

Any thought that perhaps the first qtr strategy was to preserve him for the rest of the day. In game management to maximise output.

Twodogs
08-05-2017, 09:18 AM
While it seemed a strange move in the first qtr with Dunkley and Jong, we did see Boyd put in a strong second half.

Any thought that perhaps the first qtr strategy was to preserve him for the rest of the day. In game management to maximise output.

Protecting the #3 from the shiny new ball BJ?:)

bornadog
08-05-2017, 09:52 AM

That is exactly what I said to mates at the game.

Bevo is not afraid of trying different strategies, some work some don't.

BulldogBelle
08-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Can people tell me why they do not like Basil Zempilas?

I like his commentary and tone of voice.

He called the Bulldogs 'Mighty', 'Mighty'.

Bulldog4life
08-05-2017, 03:35 PM

Thought the same thing myself BJ.

Sedat
08-05-2017, 03:42 PM

He is a moron who knows nothing about the game - he once interviewed Leon Cameron mid game and talked to him thinking he was the Bulldogs coach. He infects his commentary with useless information completely irrelevant to the game - on Saturday night he wasted 10 seconds talking shit about Sth Fremantle and East Fremantle while the game was going on. His attempts at comedy are unfunny and not the slightest bit welcome. He repeatedly says 'good call' to his fellow commentators - he's not alone there but I hate the back-slapping and self-congratulation. He pauses for effect in an attempt to make himself instead of the game the focus of the commentary. I could go on...

In short, he is standard Ch 7 fare.

Twodogs
08-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I haven't seen a televised version of the game yet.

Mantis
08-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I haven't seen a televised version of the game yet.

Thanks for the share.

always right
08-05-2017, 06:32 PM

Game over and Basil declares...."A game that did not deserve a winner.....not a winner in these sort of circumstances".

I rest my case.

Sedat
08-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Game over and Basil declares...."A game that did not deserve a winner.....not a winner in these sort of circumstances".

I rest my case.
Yep, a total Ch 7 deadshit.

The best commentator in the business passed away today - today's crop aren't fit to shine Louie's boots.

comrade
08-05-2017, 08:54 PM
A game that did not deserve a winner, surely he didn't say that.

LostDoggy
08-05-2017, 08:57 PM

I rest my case.

SAY WHAAAT? Oh for crying out loud. What a stupid thing to say.

LostDoggy
08-05-2017, 09:11 PM
1. My hate for Richmond incredibly increased. I thought there was a ceiling....I was wrong.

2. We keep playing with fire. We have had 2 gut busters in a row now and I fear the dam wall could burst the wrong way out west.

3. Clay can be so damaging, we just have to keep playing him.

ratsmac
08-05-2017, 09:14 PM

I rest my case.

Oh hell no, surely not. The club should contact channel 7 and lodge a complaint. Ask them what did we do to not deserve to win given that our score was more than Richmond's when the final siren sounded. Did we in some way cheat? That is un-professionalism at its greatest.

LostDoggy
08-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Afl rule 1.6?

LostDoggy
08-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Definately highly suggestive.

always right
08-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Oh hell no, surely not. The club should contact channel 7 and lodge a complaint. Ask them what did we do to not deserve to win given that our score was more than Richmond's when the final siren sounded. Did we in some way cheat? That is un-professionalism at its greatest.

I would suggest Basil meant to say "A game that didn't deserve a loser" but instead of correcting himself he attempted to clarify his comment and dug himself a bigger hole.

A lightweight commentator made even worse when teamed with Darcy, who despite being a Bulldogs great, is also one of the worst commentators going around.

Dry Rot
08-05-2017, 11:26 PM
I would suggest Basil meant to say "A game that didn't deserve a loser" but instead of correcting himself he attempted to clarify his comment and dug himself a bigger hole.

A lightweight commentator made even worse when teamed with Darcy, who despite being a Bulldogs great, is also one of the worst commentators going around.

Cameron Ling really gives me the shits.

ratsmac
09-05-2017, 12:17 AM

I agree re Darcy. He shits me because I think he is scared of being pro Bulldogs so he goes too far the other way. Especially when we get a softish free kick he'll say I think the umpires got that wrong or the dogs are a bit lucky there or something to that effect. Even though the free is 100% there. Not always but he does it.

Twodogs
09-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Cameron Ling really gives me the shits.

He yells. He doesn't commentate at a speaking level he actually yells.

bornadog
09-05-2017, 09:41 AM
I agree re Darcy. He shits me because I think he is scared of being pro Bulldogs so he goes too far the other way. Especially when we get a softish free kick he'll say I think the umpires got that wrong or the dogs are a bit lucky there or something to that effect. Even though the free is 100% there. Not always but he does it.

The one game I did love listening to Darc was the prelim. He was very emotional, and the camera panning across to him in the last few minutes was great TV

always right
09-05-2017, 11:37 AM
The one game I did love listening to Darc was the prelim. He was very emotional, and the camera panning across to him in the last few minutes was great TV

Agree he was great in the final moments of the prelim but his commentary during the game was ordinary to say the least. He tends to grab a statistic or observation and runs with it the whole game. In the prelim for example, it seemed like every time Clay Smith went near the ball Darcy would mention he kicked four goals in the first half. He really is very limited and like other commentators, he has phrases he trots out incessantly.

Partnered with Basil and Cameron Ling is my worst nightmare. Sorry if I have taken the thread onto a different tangent.

LostDoggy
09-05-2017, 06:06 PM
1.Cameron Ling is an out and out Douche Bag and Dog hater.
2.Being behind by 4+ goals at qtr time pisses me right off.
3.Letting Tiggers get to about a 5 goal lead and beating them by less then a goal.
So fun to watch when their fans start imploding and turning on each other.

Flamethrower
09-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Not something I have learned but something that is starting to really annoy me.

Every time we win a close game lately the focus post game is about the umpiring. It is either a "controversial" umpiring decision or a lop sided free kick count in our favour that "robbed" the other team of the win.

And last year it was all about the pre finals bye, and then the biased umpiring in the Grand Final, insinuating that our premiership was not deserved. It was all some AFL conspiracy.

After listening to Bevo on the couch last night and in some of his post game pressers, it seems I am not alone with this observation.

Can't wait for the salt when we go bark to bark, with the free kicks 45-0 in our favour in the Granny.

Max469
09-05-2017, 08:35 PM

Every time we win a close game lately the focus post game is about the umpiring. It is either a "controversial" umpiring decision or a lop sided free kick count in our favour that "robbed" the other team of the win.

And last year it was all about the pre finals bye, and then the biased umpiring in the Grand Final, insinuating that our premiership was not deserved. It was all some AFL conspiracy.

After listening to Bevo on the couch last night and in some of his post game pressers, it seems I am not alone with this observation.

Can't wait for the salt when we go bark to bark, with the free kicks 45-0 in our favour in the Granny.

I have made the same comments as you. I am sick of people insinuating we won because of the frees and don't forget that we were only team that had the bye at the end of the home and away season.

Even on Sat night, a bloke in the pub said - no wonder you won a f flag.

If it is not about the frees, it is about the handle balls - or throws as they are calling them. Personally I am a bit over it.

Twodogs
09-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Agree he was great in the final moments of the prelim but his commentary during the game was ordinary to say the least. He tends to grab a statistic or observation and runs with it the whole game. In the prelim for example, it seemed like every time Clay Smith went near the ball Darcy would mention he kicked four goals in the first half. He really is very limited and like other commentators, he has phrases he trots out incessantly.

Partnered with Basil and Cameron Ling is my worst nightmare. Sorry if I have taken the thread onto a different tangent.

That's OK, conversations expand. And i44 posts in I reckon we can handle two topics at once.

1.Cameron Ling is an out and out Douche Bag and Dog hater.
2.Being behind by 4+ goals at qtr time pisses me right off.
3.Letting Tiggers get to about a 5 goal lead and beating them by less then a goal.
So much fun to watch when their fans start imploding and turning on each other.

Isn't it sweet. It's beautiful to watch.

My attitude is "Jealousy is a curse so *!*!*!*! 'em. We're the Premiers"

Daughter of the West
10-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Things I have learned the past two weeks

1. Attending a wedding when the dogs are playing is really, really annoying

Twice in a row! Like seriously, who does that?

always right
10-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Things I have learned the past two weeks

1. Attending a wedding when the dogs are playing is really, really annoying

Twice in a row! Like seriously, who does that?
Pass on my congrats to your parents.