PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors - Are they demanding too much?

southerncross
09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I know how important they are to football clubs.
I know that we must represent their brand to mutually beneficial outcomes.
I know we must act responsibly but isn't it going too far for a Sponsor to pull out of their deal just because a rookie listed player did the wrong thing?

Any yes I know that the Pies have some prior problems in this area but this doesn't seen right.

Sponsor pay big bucks but I just feel they are demanding too much at times.
When I can't take a subway roll in its wrapper because the TD and other sponsors won't allow it, it PMO. When I can't take a bottled soft drink of another brand into the ground for the same reasons it PMO.
And then when I get charged an arm and a leg for inferior substitutes in the ground it PMO even further.

Should we just let these sponsors keep demanding things like this?

Thoughts?

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Mate, you gots ta learn how to smuggle it in. On my way home from training Firday nights we go to the footy. Stash the drinks, subway rolls etc into your boots. They arent that rigorous. Down your pants. Same goes at the movies. But beware, chips in the nether regions burn like hell.

But the Collingwood deal i belive is fair. They have had more than enough chances and its a surprise to see he's not delisted. Stupid young man.

hujsh
09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
It is crazy that TAC won't consider sponsoring us. We must be one of the best behaved teams in the comp if not the best. The only controversial person is Acka he has been very good as well.

When was the last time a dogs player was caught drink driving?

southerncross
09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Mate, you gots ta learn how to smuggle it in. On my way home from training Firday nights we go to the footy. Stash the drinks, subway rolls etc into your boots. They arent that rigorous.

The subway roll goes into a container so there is no real problem but smuggling basic items in just because a sponsor doesn't want competition is just wrong.

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 10:33 PM
i just don't bring a bag and chuck everything in my pockets. never had problems getting in

The Coon Dog
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
i just don't bring a bag and chuck everything in my pockets. never had problems getting in

Explains your username! :D

hujsh
09-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Beat me to it ;)

The Bulldogs Bite
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
The whole Collingwood situation is probably fair enough. At least with this, you can understand the logic behind it. They've had a couple mishaps with drink driving so I can't say I'm surprised by the outcome.

The TD deal is a whole different kettle of fish, though. It's ridiculous that you can't bring in food from Subway etc. What happened to a little bit of freedom? It's not as though Subway etc. are completely selling them out. Besides, it doesn't seem to stop people. Minutes prior to the game starting there's always plenty of people sitting around that area quickly scoffing down their food & drinks. I suppose it all comes back down to greed.

The prices of food and drinks at the footy have always been a joke. $5 for a powerade? You can get two for that price from any normal 'outlet'. Not to mention, Hotdogs are around the $4.80 mark and burnt chips $4 or more. Fish& Chips etc. are all over $7.

I still buy the food because I'm not one for pre-preparing. I bring along a drink but that's about it. I like to buy my food there - it's somewhat of a novelty for mine.

I wonder what the prices will be like in five years time?

BulldogBelle
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
It is crazy that TAC won't consider sponsoring us. We must be one of the best behaved teams in the comp if not the best. The only controversial person is Acka he has been very good as well.

Totally agree with this statement.
They have the money!
We need the money!

bornadog
09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
The only controversial person is Acka he has been very good as well.

At least Aka doesn't break the law (that we know of)

I wonder if we will chase that sponsorship, why not, we are the community club.

hujsh
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
The TD deal is a whole different kettle of fish, though. It's ridiculous that you can't bring in food from Subway etc. What happened to a little bit of freedom? It's not as though Subway etc. are completely selling them out.

But don't they have KFC at the Dome or am I thinking of the G

The Bulldogs Bite
10-01-2008, 12:51 AM
But don't they have KFC at the Dome or am I thinking of the G

Red Rooster, albeit fairly limited, at the 'G.

soupman
10-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Every time we go to the footy we walk in with a backpack full of various commercial crap: Chips, soft drink, lollies etc. and never ever get told that we can't bring it in.

We've only had trouble with Subway at Telsta Dome, and in that instance three of us were told we couldn't bring it in, so they went to another gate and nobody cared, while another walked past the exact same checkpoint with their subway foot-long clearly stashed underneath their footy jumper, with the end poking out at his neck.

FrediKanoute
10-01-2008, 04:44 AM

Not sure about DD, but didn't Aka cop a couple of speeding tickets last year???? Still you're right who hasn't copped the odd speeding ticket over the years!

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Beat me to it ;)

ey, ey ey.

it is just a name it has no relevance to how shifty i may be :p

hujsh
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Not sure about DD, but didn't Aka cop a couple of speeding tickets last year???? Still you're right who hasn't copped the odd speeding ticket over the years!

It would only be a problem if he was drunk or way over the limit