PDA

View Full Version : What do you take to the footy?

The Bulldogs Bite
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Just a bit of fun.

What do you take along with you to the football?

Along with me I've got a small bag big enough to fit a jacket, a bottle of drink, two glasses & a few lollies. Usually have my scarf on, unless it's a pretty warm day.

GVGjr
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Back pack contains something to eat and drink, pens, two radio's, a cap and normally a jacket is squeezed in. Early in the season some sun block and sunnies are in there as well.

hujsh
09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
A radio in my iPod and some money in wallet is all I need. I will never wear a jumper or a scarf to the football so i don't need a bag.

soupman
10-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Usually go with family but our baggage contains:

Backpack including 1-2 125ml bottles of soft drink (usually pepsi max)-otherwise one bottle of cordial, enough cups for all, enough chocolate and lolllies to be spread out for each break in the match, lunch (if day match), jumper (if potentially cold), various other miscellaneous items.

BulldogBelle
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Usaly go with family - 2 kids.

You have to take plenty to keep them amused.
2 drink bottles - cordial, bottle of water, lollies, chips, biscuts.
The wife will take a thermus of tea when its colder.
Then there is scarves, hats, and coats.
For the kids there will be pencils, books and usally a DS which can only be played
during the breaks.

The Coon Dog
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Binoculars, radio, cap, scarf, bottle of water, lollies & a bic 4 colour pen.

southerncross
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Just a bit of fun.

What do you take along with you to the football?

Along with me I've got a small bag big enough to fit a jacket, a bottle of drink, two glasses & a few lollies. Usually have my scarf on, unless it's a pretty warm day.

I don't take much other than a pen, radio, bottle of water and a camera occasionally. It's my day out so I don't mind if I splurge a bit. I do try and get something to eat before getting to the game though.

wimberga
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Quite funny.

A friend of ours cooks hot dogs before he goes to the football. he takes a thermos with about 6 hot dogs inside, a 6pack of hot dog buns and some little containers of sauce and mustard. Its very clever

The Coon Dog
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Quite funny.

A friend of ours cooks hot dogs before he goes to the football. he takes a thermos with about 6 hot dogs inside, a 6pack of hot dog buns and some little containers of sauce and mustard. Its very clever

And saves him a small fortune. Quite expensive hot dogs at the footy.

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Either my beanie or cap, a scarf, a thermos of coffee and 2 cups, a pen, something to eat but that's for the drive home mostly and a bottle of water.

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
What do i take? Haha, my Dad and his wallet ;) Im certain i buy food at the game every single time i go. Without fail. Meanwhile, Dad is quite content munging into a almost-rotten piece of fruit he's stashed in his beanie, or found in the car!

Apart from food, i'll always bring my scarf, rain hail or shine. Also a jumper, and my iPod for half time and quarter time. Believe it or not i don't enjoy the Macarena being blasted in my eardrums repeatedly!

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I love that hotdog idea, i might try that this year.

I only take what im wearing, wallet..and thats it...cant be bothered lugging a bag around those seats are squashed enough as it is.

wb_age
12-01-2008, 09:26 PM
My brother, my wallet and my membership!

Mingo
13-01-2008, 12:42 AM
A thermos full of tomato soup (always), two salad rolls (never buy anything), two drinks of some sort, and scarfs and beanies in case they're needed. This covers my father and I just fine.

Chicago1
13-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I used to take my transistor radio, scarf, Chicago Cubs cap(Bulldogs beanie when it was really cold), a sandwich or two - mostly smoked beef on white - , a thermos of coffee in the cold weather/1.25 litre of Pepsi/Coke whatever was cheapest in warmer weather, some kind of cake and sometimes chocolate. I'm not a beer drinker and didn't have a pie often at the footy. However, I always, always bought some hot chips. Back in the day of the Western Oval matches I'd get some donuts from that van at the Footscray station and hop back on the next train and get to the match in time for the Reserves. Seems like a century ago...:o

Oh, I also used to like buying fish 'n chips instead of the above food at the MCG when we had a Friday night match. Northern Stand bottom section. Mmmmm... with plenty of salt and vinegar.:p

Vulture
13-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Usually just my Ipod.

LostDoggy
16-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Wife. You should see how much she can carry.

ledge
16-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I remember the days of the western oval and you only took your wallet,had a couple of cans of vb and of course a couple of pies.Or between reserves and senior games pop out and get the old fish and chips.
Nowadays its fill your tummy before you go and maybe buy a drink. The cost is unbelievable now, why doesnt the AFL go to coles and get theyre pies for 50c and sell them for $1.50 instead of robbing us blind?
Oh and dont forget to get your footy record on the way in!!
OK, OK i am english and tight to a certain extent.

GVGjr
16-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I remember the days of the western oval and you only took your wallet,had a couple of cans of vb and of course a couple of pies.Or between reserves and senior games pop out and get the old fish and chips.
Nowadays its fill your tummy before you go and maybe buy a drink. The cost is unbelievable now, why doesnt the AFL go to coles and get theyre pies for 50c and sell them for $1.50 instead of robbing us blind?
Oh and dont forget to get your footy record on the way in!!
OK, OK i am english and tight to a certain extent.

The companies providing the catering are the ones ripping us off. Where the AFL lets us down is this rubbish about not allowing people to bring in in other competitors brands.
That is why the TD doesn't like letting people out of the ground. It's not just the security aspect. They don't want people whipping over to Nandos or Subway and not buying their food inside the ground.

Dogs 24/7
16-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Food prices at the footy are a joke. Next time you have to pay more than $10 for a pie, chips and a drink you call for the police because you have just been robbed. :p

Max469
16-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Take bag with Water, membership, mp3, dry biscuits & cheese, camera, thermos with coffee or soup when really cold, jacket, cap, binoculars (new acquisition), pens, money.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-01-2008, 08:21 PM
How much are footy records these days?

Back in the Whitten Oval/Optus Oval era, we used to buy a record most weeks. Nowadays, we never do - it's a waste of time, they're about $4.50 or $5.00 aren't they?

BulldogBelle
16-01-2008, 10:05 PM
How much are footy records these days?

Back in the Whitten Oval/Optus Oval era, we used to buy a record most weeks. Nowadays, we never do - it's a waste of time, they're about $4.50 or $5.00 aren't they?

They are $ 3.50 at the moment but as in most years they will have gone up by the time Round 1 arrives.

I used to love those smaller records they were compact and easier to use when scoring.