PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-Round 7 v West Coast.

Twodogs
12-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Now that that is all over tell us three things you've learned. Not four. Three.

GVGjr
12-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
12-05-2017, 11:39 PM
1. That goal umpire should be sacked. Not dropped. Sacked.
2. Our losses all had bad goal kicking. Fix it FFS.
3. Giving up wins to GWS & WCE, competitors for finals positioning, isn't going to help by pushing them up & us down.

I didn't learn it. But Matt Boyd, in this form, is no longer afl standard.

westbulldog
12-05-2017, 11:52 PM
1. With 9 of our best 18 out I thought it was a good effort tonight.
2. Big Jack and Adams give us a forward targets and a good contest.
3. Libba is so far below his best he is surely injured ?

4....on Saturday July 1 at Etihad the cokers are in for a hiding.

bornadog
13-05-2017, 12:00 AM
1. I learnt in 2016 and 2017 we have lost 10 games, one by 57 points and the rest 25 points or less

2. I confirmed my hatred for the crap ground - the last time we will ever play there. I hope the new stadium has proper proportions.

3. Our field passing is just as bad as our goal kicking

macca
13-05-2017, 12:17 AM
1. We need to review our first quarter starts. What is really the issue ?
2. Another good game from williams and Webb looked composed. Hope Dale gets another game he did not seem to take his chance Perhaps the tempo was too fast ?
3. If they take out the bias from the umpire decisions for these was home teams the are toast. So many crap decisions and the around the. Neck at half time was rubbish the player ducked into it !
4. West coke got away with that one and Yiu could see Simpsons face of relief at the end
5. We need a player like McGovern his marking ability is phenomenonal , Brian lake lol; where can we find a player like that or two ?o

westdog54
13-05-2017, 09:08 AM
1. Kennedy doesn't have many "off" days. We wasted ours.
2. I don't know who were missing more out of Roughead or Morris.
3. If you're going to call for the ball inside 50, you need to be able to nail the kick. Our set shots tonight were beyond appalling.

The bulldog tragician
13-05-2017, 10:21 AM
1. The early media narrative about us not being hungry any more is clearly wrong. Nothing wrong with our desire and evident will to win no matter what the situation.
2. I think we miss the 2016 version of Shane Biggs a lot. He was an important part of our zone defence, a smart reader of the play, and gave us run and overlap.
3. T Boyd is doing a mountain of work and is really developing his work in close - an honorary member of The Handball Club. M Boyd is struggling but I have to hope it's a reflection of our injuries and his own unsettled preparation because he's been such an unappreciated warrior for our club.

Bullies
13-05-2017, 11:09 AM
1. The early media narrative about us not being hungry any more is clearly wrong. Nothing wrong with our desire and evident will to win no matter what the situation.
2. I think we miss the 2016 version of Shane Biggs a lot. He was an important part of our zone defence, a smart reader of the play, and gave us run and overlap.
3. T Boyd is doing a mountain of work and is really developing his work in close - an honorary member of The Handball Club. M Boyd is struggling but I have to hope it's a reflection of our injuries and his own unsettled preparation because he's been such an unappreciated warrior for our club.MBoyd struggling is the biggest understatement. You dread the ball going anywhere near him at the moment and it also looks like he doesn't want the ball coming to him as well. When the time comes it comes very quickly and the club saw that at the end of last year. TBoyd will make a great ruckman with time. Once he develops his strength you will see a better a player. Only just turned 21.

Remi Moses
13-05-2017, 11:19 AM
I havent seen the game yet , so I won't comment , but SEN's player ratings rated Boyd 6!

Mantis
13-05-2017, 11:28 AM
1/ No matter how bad we are playing (or who is playing) we don't quietly.

2/ Our disposal by both hand and foot was abysmal.. and yet we only got beaten by a few kicks.

3/ Fletcher Roberts is improving, but his one in one defending against decent players is still terrible.

bornadog
13-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Neck at half time was rubbish the player ducked into it !

The only thing is they can say the same about Mcleans one.

1eyedog
13-05-2017, 03:47 PM
1. It's true. A parochial crowd influences umpires decisions or lack thereof.
2. Bailey Dale isn't ready to step up. Was a liability against the Giants and Cokers adds nothing. Surely Crameri is a better option at this stage of their careers?
3. The Cokers are the great pretenders. If we get them there again with 4 or 5 key personnel back (Stringer, Murphy, Roughy, Cloke / Crameri and Morris for instance) we win. Stringer would have won that for us last night.

boydogs
13-05-2017, 04:12 PM
1. Bailey Dale is a liability in the midfield, can't link up properly
2. Redpath ain't done yet
3. We need a forward or 6 that lead at the ball carrier

ratsmac
14-05-2017, 01:22 AM
1. Injuries have taken its toll.

2. Daniel has got his touch back. Its a shame it arrived back only in the 2nd half. Had he played 4 quality quarters we win.

3. Adams will kick a bag of goals one day. He needs to straighten up his set shots (and 30 of his team mates) and then look out. He has the tools to be a dangerous forward, he just needs practice and confidence.

Throughandthrough
14-05-2017, 06:03 PM
2. I confirmed my hatred for the crap ground - the last time we will ever play there. I hope the new stadium has proper proportions.

maybe, maybe not.....

bornadog
14-05-2017, 06:17 PM
maybe, maybe not.....

Please no finals there.

Remi Moses
14-05-2017, 08:17 PM
1. How is Basil Zemplis employed ? Maybe they should drug test some who are in employment?
2. Need some handy types back
3. How is Josh Hill still on their list

Twodogs
15-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Josh Hill would be the perfect eker but WC keep plying him in the seniors. They obviously haven't worked out the intricies of the eker system.

westdog54
15-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Doesn't remaining in the seniors only magnify his eker status?

soupman
15-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Does the fact no one seems to like Josh Hill magnify his eker status? I think generally a good trait for an eker other than being a ruckman is being a good clubman. Josh Hill seems to be disliked by his teammates imo. Possibly has the worst goals to high 5's ratio. He is almost always left celebrating his goals by himself.

comrade
15-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Does the fact no one seems to like Josh Hill magnify his eker status? I think generally a good trait for an eker other than being a ruckman is being a good clubman. Josh Hill seems to be disliked by his teammates imo. Possibly has the worst goals to high 5's ratio. He is almost always left celebrating his goals by himself.

Now there's a good jumping off point for discussion.

Best and worst goals to high 5 ratio. I reckon Redpath has a pretty high ratio, all the lads get around him.

Twodogs
15-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Doesn't remaining in the seniors only magnify his eker status?

Any idiot can stay on the list if he's playing seniors.

ratsmac
15-05-2017, 07:53 PM

I was going to say the same thing about team mates not really like Josh. I always get that feeling that the WC players don't like him. Why is that I wonder?