PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Hogan has cancer

bornadog
16-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Possible operation today.

THE MELBOURNE Football Club wishes to advise that Jesse Hogan has been diagnosed with testicular cancer and will today undergo surgery to have the tumor removed.

Jesse underwent an ultrasound late last week which revealed a small mass in his testicle suggestive of a seminoma, which is a type of cancer.

Jesse has also undergone a CT scan which determined the cancer has not spread to any other part of his body

It’s important to reinforce that this was an extremely early detection and the seminoma is in its earliest stage of growth. He is expected to make a full recovery.

General Manager of Football Josh Mahoney said “The Club’s collective heart is with Jesse Hogan. This is clearly a very difficult time for Jesse and his health and wellbeing is the number one priority for us.

“We informed the players of this on Friday and respected Jesse’s wishes to keep this information private up until this point.

“Jesse will obviously miss a period of football due to this surgery but we expect him to make a full recovery and return to AFL in the short-term future.

We ask the public and media to respect his privacy during this period.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2017, 10:07 AM
*!*!*!*! me. Poor bloke is being smashed by life at the minute.

Topdog
16-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Poor kid.

A month ago I questioned his commitment to football. Since then I have learned his father was sick and then died and he has testicular cancer.

Easy to judge from afar but gee you can be missing important information. I apologise for questioning you Jesse.

bornadog
16-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Poor kid.

A month ago I questioned his commitment to football. Since then I have learned his father was sick and then died and he has testicular cancer.

Easy to judge from afar but gee you can be missing important information. I apologise for questioning you Jesse.

I watched him against Hawthorn two weeks ago and thought, gee his attitude sucks and he doesn't work hard enough. I too apologise and wish him well.

comrade
16-05-2017, 10:57 AM
I watched him against Hawthorn two weeks ago and thought, gee his attitude sucks and he doesn't work hard enough. I too apologise and wish him well.

It's easy to forget the players are only human and have things happening to them outside the footy field. We should all take this as a reminder to pump the brakes when one of our own players seems to be uncharacteristically struggling on field.

craigsahibee
16-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Poor kid.

Agree, he has a fair bit going on at the moment. However, if your father is seriously ill with cancer, is smoking cigarettes a clever thing to do?

G-Mo77
16-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Poor kid.

He's always had a bit of that attitude though so I wouldn't go and hang yourself over it. If anything playing footy would take his mind off things.

Anyway I hope he beats this and recovers quickly.

cinder
16-05-2017, 12:21 PM
This is just awful. I do hope they've caught it in time and he can make a full recovery.

KT31
16-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Poor kid is being kicked from pillar to post at the moment, I hope the Demons manage this the right way he he gets on the road to remission asap.

AndrewP6
16-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Terrible to find this out today. Wish the guy all the very best.

AndrewP6
16-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Agree, he has a fair bit going on at the moment. However, if your father is seriously ill with cancer, is smoking cigarettes a clever thing to do?

When your world is turned upside down, you don't always do clever things.

westdog54
16-05-2017, 07:28 PM
To quote Gordon Ramsay: "*!*!*!*! me."

Terrible news but fortunate that they've caught it so early. Thankfully he spotted something wrong and acted on it straight away.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2017, 07:34 PM
To quote Gordon Ramsay: "*!*!*!*! me."

Terrible news but fortunate that they've caught it so early. Thankfully he spotted something wrong and acted on it straight away.

Yep. If losing EJ way, way too young has meant 'strong young men' now go to the doctors for advice &/or treatment then his loss to us all is not in vain.

westdog54
16-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Yep. If losing EJ way, way too young has meant 'strong young men' now go to the doctors for advice &/or treatment then his loss to us all is not in vein.

Or in artery?

Vain. I'm a spelling nazi.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Or in artery?

Vain. I'm a spelling nazi.

Feels like red pen all over a submitted draft of a criminal brief!! #goodtimes #foryourconsideration #makechanges&submit

You're so vein, you probably think this post is about you. :D

bulldogtragic
16-05-2017, 07:43 PM
It's about Warren Beatty.

ratsmac
16-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Unbelievable. Talk about being kicked while your down. Poor bloke.

I wish him well and look forward to seeing him back on the park.

westdog54
16-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Feels like red pen all over a submitted draft of a criminal brief!! #goodtimes #foryourconsideration #makechanges&submit

You're so vein, you probably think this post is about you. :D

That awkward feeling when the memo of amendments stretched to two pages.

Twodogs
17-05-2017, 06:22 AM
When your world is turned upside down, you don't always do clever things.

Correct.

Flamethrower
17-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Forunately for young Jesse he has one of the carcinomas with a very positive prognosis. Seminomas are one of the most curable of the cancers, with close to a 100% survival rate if diagnosed early.

Sounds like the surgery was a success and Jesse doesn't chemotherapy - he could be back in a month if he has no complications.

Twodogs
18-05-2017, 01:46 AM
Forunately for young Jesse he has one of the carcinomas with a very positive prognosis. Seminomas are one of the most curable of the cancers, with close to a 100% survival rate if diagnosed early.

Sounds like the surgery was a success and Jesse doesn't chemotherapy - he could be back in a month if he has no complications.

Yeah. Thankfully the prognosis seems good for Jesse.

jeemak
18-05-2017, 02:06 AM
As soon as I saw this thread it seemed like either a bad joke or a TISM song title.

Cancer is a real pisser, and bitch of a disease. I'm really happy to learn the prognosis is as good as it can be.