PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

bulldogtragic
19-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Ins:

Libba, Roughy, Zaine

Outs:

Cloke, Williams, Smith (has a turning circle of a Boeing 777)

Mantis
19-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Webb can't stay in BT.. Only 12 touches isn't good enough.

Hopefully Stringer is ready to go too.

bornadog
19-05-2017, 11:42 PM
Outs:

Williams,

I thought Willams had a good game

bornadog
19-05-2017, 11:44 PM
OUT:

Webb, Hunter, Smith, Suckling

Ins: I will comment tomorrow night

G-Mo77

Probably holds but he didn't have a good game.

bulldogtragic
Webb can't stay in BT.. Only 12 touches isn't good enough.

Hopefully Stringer is ready to go too.

Was weighing up between the two. Williams kicking at times was poor, the banana on the run in the guts in the last for a turnover was horrid. I'd like Webb given that role at HB to see if that changes his impact. His field kicking seems reliable.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-05-2017, 11:47 PM

He made a couple of bad mistakes, but no more than JJ does most weeks. These guys take the game on and whilst you want them to make more good decisions than bad, you can't punish them for taking the game on.. providing they learn.
I think dropping him now would send the wrong message and hurt his potential.
I think on the whole, in a very tough role to play, he did morr right than wrong.

G-Mo77
19-05-2017, 11:48 PM
He made a couple of bad mistakes, but no more than JJ does most weeks. These guys take the game on and whilst you want them to make more good decisions than bad, you can't punish them for taking the game on.. providing they learn.
I think dropping him now would send the wrong message and hurt his potential.
I think on the whole, in a very tough role to play, he did morr right than wrong.

Yep agree with that YHF. Well said.

Hot_Doggies
19-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Was weighing up between the two. Williams kicking at times was poor, the banana on the run in the guts in the last for a turnover was horrid. I'd like Webb given that role at HB to see if that changes his impact. His field kicking seems reliable.

Williams was far from our worst.

anfo27
19-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Hunter was ordinary. Hasn't had a good year either so he might be in trouble.

bulldogtragic
19-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Williams was far from our worst.

Didn't say he was. As above, I'd move things around a bit, moving out a HBF to accomodate Webb for a game there with his kicking at Etihad.

bornadog
19-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Didn't say he was. As above, I'd move things around a bit, moving out a HBF to accommodate Webb for a game there with his kicking at Etihad.

Webb can't get his hands on the ball, two weeks in a row. I think he had 1 disposal in the last quarter.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Hunter must surely get a spell in the two's now. He has had arguably as poor a season as Libba.

bulldogtragic
19-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Webb can't get his hands on the ball, two weeks in a row. I think he had 1 disposal in the last quarter.

He might if was played off HBF. Hence my posts.

Doc26
19-05-2017, 11:54 PM
OUT:

Webb, Hunter, Smith, Suckling

Ins: I will comment tomorrow night

Certainly the four that we were carrying tonight BD. Webb I might give one more week given his lack of experience but is also struggling at the level.
Red's second efforts are also a concern and a turning circle of the Queen Mary.
We can't have both Cloke and Redpath. Hopefully Roughy to return next week in place of one of these two.

bornadog
19-05-2017, 11:56 PM

Bit unfair to Williams as he hasn't done much wrong. Perhaps he takes Sucklings spot.

G-Mo77
19-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Can we please call Suckling's name. Sure he can pin point a pass but he can also lose a contest when the ball needs to won. Can't tackle and his defensive game is non existent. His deficiencies out weigh what he does well. I'm surprised he escapes scrutiny.

always right
20-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Good to see no-one simply nominating all the young blokes here. Webb needs to get more of the ball but his kicking is elite.....one kick is worth about four of Clokes. Bailey Williams took the game on but needs to know when to be more conservative....he's a keeper. Bailey Dale was terrific and really looked like he belonged at the top level tonight.

Next week IN (depending on their form with Footscray)
Roughy
Libba
Boyd

OUT
Redpath
Hunter
Suckling

jeemak
20-05-2017, 12:18 AM
I thought Suckling actually tackled well today, but didn't get enough of it. Will see how tomorrow's game pans out before I pull the trigger on selection.

westbulldog
20-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Biggs for Suckling
Roughie for Cloke
McClean (or Stringer ?) for Smith
Libba for Hunter

1eyedog
20-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Outs: Webb, Dale, Redpath
Ins: Roughead, Libba, McLean

Not having Libba and McLean in tbe team was idiotic.

I thought Cloke was waaaay better than Redpath.

Doc26
20-05-2017, 01:14 AM
Biggs for Suckling
Roughie for Cloke
McLean (or Stringer ?) for Smith
Libba for Hunter

That would be close to my changes but switching Cloke with Redpath. Of course Biggs would have to put in a strong performance in the VFL having addressed his turnovers by foot.

Also love to find a way of getting English in for his first game given his elite skills but not sure how for now.

Sedat
20-05-2017, 01:23 AM
We still have too many HBF in the team and we were also one KPF too many and one KPD light on. Need to get the balance of the team right.

Frustrating night at the office. Needed to clamp down on Selwood, and Taylor 5 goals FFS - he is cooked as a footballer but we gave him a final send off at that shithole ground. Boy do we need the 4 points next week - stakes are very high.

Greystache
20-05-2017, 01:33 AM
Not sure where the changes come.

The low possession getters hit the scoreboard which we struggled to do, and the possession accumulators butcher it. Without someone demanding selection I'd go unchanged.

FrediKanoute
20-05-2017, 02:03 AM
I am of the opinion that if you drop someone, they earn their spot back - like Stringer last year. I wouldn't be rushing Libba/Cordy back - Wallis covered him well.

I think the Cloke/Redders doesn't work. Hunter is in trouble, Suckling as well.

My call - we have partied a little too hard over the off season and too many have come back a little underdone - we are not far away, but just enough to be edged out.

soupman
20-05-2017, 02:17 AM
Outs:
Suckling: Has been mediocre at best this season, if he can't find space to use his left foot then he isn't worth playing. He's had over a month to try and do that with no results.
Smith: I like him but he is an all or nothing player. I can see why we have carried him, we have few players capable of kicking 4 goals in a match, but with the return of Dickson and another slow player coming into the team (Roughead) I would drop him.
One of Redpath or Cloke: Cloke did some stupid stuff, but worked really hard in the ruck and was reasonably involved. Redpath was very quiet. Coaches call but I want us to be as mobile as possible and with Roughy coming in we can't play all of Boyd, Redpath and Cloke.

I thought Williams was good, Webb had his moments but needs to do more. Still should get another week, his ball use is valuable enough to keep him in for and with Suckling out in my scenario I want good users.

In:
Roughead: Boyds been good there but he needs help and showed signs this week up forward.
McLean: A tidy half forward who is good for a goal a game and good around stoppages. I think he was dropped as a management thing more than a form thing. I'd expect him to play limited minutes in the VFL
The rest pending performances in the VFL, including Libba.

DOG GOD
20-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Obvious last night we can't play all of Boyd, Cloke and redpath once roughie comes back as soupaman said above,
So.....
Out - suckling, hunter, redpath
In- Roberts, McLean, ??

SlimPickens
20-05-2017, 09:16 AM
In: Roughead, Libba
Out: Cloke, Webb

If Stringer is good to go, I'd bring him in for Smith.

lemmon
20-05-2017, 09:18 AM
I tend to agree that Cloke slightly edged Redpath last night but Redpath is a natural goal kicker.

We're struggling to hit the scoreboard so I'm not sure Cloke's better work around the ground outweighs 2-3 goals from Redpath, even if he is anonymous for the rest of it.

Mantis
20-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Hard to know at the moment, but my changes pre- Footscray game is -

In- Roughead, Cordy, McLean, Stringer

Out - Redpath, Smith, Webb, Suckling

I guess Libba, Boyd and Biggs will be in the mix too.

Bevo sounded pretty disappointed in the presser so I think he will continue to ring the changes until we start performing to the level he expects.

comrade
20-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Hard to know at the moment, but my changes pre- Footscray game is -

In- Roughead, Cordy, McLean, Stringer

Out - Redpath, Smith, Webb, Suckling

I guess Libba, Boyd and Biggs will be in the mix too.

Bevo sounded pretty disappointed in the presser so I think he will continue to ring the changes until we start performing to the level he expects.

Those changes make us much more balanced.

soupman
20-05-2017, 09:51 AM
We're struggling to hit the scoreboard so I'm not sure Cloke's better work around the ground outweighs 2-3 goals from Redpath, even if he is anonymous for the rest of it.

I'm inclined to agree, but only because with the return of Roughead we don't need Cloke to be involved in the ruck, which is where he did all his good work last night.

Having said that Redpath is prone to going missing for long periods (as is Smith)

The bulldog tragician
20-05-2017, 10:50 AM
It appears no one feels there is a place for M Boyd any more?

I hope McLean and Roughie return. I'd be more inclined to drop Cloke than Redpath. I maintain that an in form Biggs is a vital player for us and I'd like to see him back.

So I'd be saying in: Rough. MCLean. BIggs. Libba.
OUT: Cloke. Hunter. Smith. Suckling.

We really are having a lot of trouble settling best 22.

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 10:59 AM
It appears no one feels there is a place for M Boyd any more?

I hope McLean and Roughie return. I'd be more inclined to drop Cloke than Redpath. I maintain that an in form Biggs is a vital player for us and I'd like to see him back.

So I'd be saying in: Rough. MCLean. BIggs. Libba.
OUT: Cloke. Hunter. Smith. Suckling.

We really are having a lot of trouble settling best 22.

The coach is very forgiving with players who aren't quite performing which is good trait but he must be losing some patience with a few of the boys. I don't think we are getting selections right

The first thing I would question is what purpose does dropping McLean and Liberatore for just one week do for the players unless there is something specific they need to focus on and it clicks for them? Liberatore has been down for a while and probably one week won't be enough for him to regain form but if anyone could do it then it's likely to be him.

The second point is would we really rush Cloke into the side after a decent absence and then drop him a week later? It screams of a bit of panic and Bevo doesn't panic

It wouldn't surprise me if there was just one left of field addition to next weeks side.

The bulldog tragician
20-05-2017, 11:13 AM
The coach is very forgiving with players who aren't quite performing which is good trait but he must be losing some patience with a few of the boys. I don't think we are getting selections right

The first thing I would question is what purpose does dropping McLean and Liberatore for just one week do for the players unless there is something specific they need to focus on and it clicks for them? Liberatore has been down for a while and probably one week won't be enough for him to regain form but if anyone could do it then it's likely to be him.

The second point is would we really rush Cloke into the side after a decent absence and then drop him a week later? It screams of a bit of panic and Bevo doesn't panic

It wouldn't surprise me if there was just one left of field addition to next weeks side.

Good points. I think we made too many changes this week. I wondered if both Dale Morris and Cloke were underdone.

Smith and Suckling have had prolonged periods of poor form though. Can we go into the most important game of th season, as this is shaping up to be, with the former seeming unable to play 4 quarters, and the latter defensively dodgy and the famed leg cannon firing only intermittently?

What a costly loss this was.

always right
20-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Having had a good night's sleep to settle down the anger, I've reassessed my changes.

Some have suggested Stringer comes in.....is he fit to play? I hope so. Assuming he is, here are my changes;
OUT
Redpath......it was either him or Cloke and tha fact it was Cloke's first game back, saves him.
Smith.......has been hanging in by the skin of his teeth. Time to go back to Footscray.
Suckling......two highlights a game versus about six clangers. Patience has ended.

IN
Roughy.......need to get our centre clearance shit sorted.
Stringer.......his explosiveness versus Smith's ploddishness...I think I made that word up.
Biggs.....reckon he gets a nod over Boyd as we need quicker players against the saints

Reckon Bevo will be keen for Libba to earn his spot back, so unless he plays a blinder, he'll get a second week in the magoos. Hunter probably deserves to be dropped but we need him to rediscover his run against the fleet footed saints.

This week is probably the biggest game we've played outside finals in the last few years. Our season is riding on it......or am I being a little melodramatic?

Mantis
20-05-2017, 11:40 AM

What are you thinking?

Surely as a minimum Roughy comes back which is extremely obvious... The set-up in the 2nd qtr was a joke.

Bullies
20-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Some of the selections this week were very strange. I understand he needs to make a statement but they were going into a game knowing it was going to be wet and slippery and that the opposition will be a tackling machine after their performance the week before. To leave out our 2 best tacklers Libber and Cordy is bizarre at best. Cordy might not get much of it but he makes the opposition earn it and he would have been the perfect match up for Taylor.

always right
20-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Some of the selections this week were very strange. I understand he needs to make a statement but they were going into a game knowing it was going to be wet and slippery and that the opposition will be a tackling machine after their performance the week before. To leave out our 2 best tacklers Libber and Cordy is bizarre at best. Cordy might not get much of it but he makes the opposition earn it and he would have been the perfect match up for Taylor.

What would Cordy have done against Taylor that Morris is not capable of?

always right
20-05-2017, 12:13 PM

What's your thinking on dropping Dale? Reckon last night was his best performance at senior level by some way.

bulldogtragic
20-05-2017, 12:20 PM
What's your thinking on dropping Dale? Reckon last night was his best performance at senior level by some way.

Yep. He's not going to be a big possession getter, but got it in dangerous spots for 4 inside 50's and 2 goal assists, and good tackle numbers too. He doesn't blaze away and looks to hit up forwards, and I noticed last night he long he holds the ball for in traffic to take the tackle and release his team mates. I liked his game and really like his poise and delivery into the forward 50. We need more of him to stop this long bombing crap, not less.

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 12:21 PM
What are you thinking?

Surely as a minimum Roughy comes back which is extremely obvious... The set-up in the 2nd qtr was a joke.

I'm not sure until I see Footscray play but coaches are stubborn and Bevo doesn't like ringing the selection changes even if we haven't played well enough for weeks. Last week he bit the bullet and made 5 so while he might do a few again it would be very out of character. Perhaps a Hamilton, Honeychurch or English might be preferred to returning McLean and Liberatore after just one week

If fit enough Roughead makes sense to me but he would then need to drop one of Cloke, Boyd or Redpath. Why rush Cloke in only to be dropped the following week? Redpath was good one week and just average the next and Boyd looked good last night.

Suckling should be a candidate to be dropped but I think we rate his kicking skills as vitally important.

Bullies
20-05-2017, 01:04 PM
What would Cordy have done against Taylor that Morris is not capable of?
given us a couple more options

Remi Moses
20-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Interesting hearing Bevo talk about Libba on SEN .
Basically said he hadn't had the same preparation as 12 months ago .
Knocked the off field rumours on the head.

Remi Moses
20-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Yep. He's not going to be a big possession getter, but got it in dangerous spots for 4 inside 50's and 2 goal assists, and good tackle numbers too. He doesn't blaze away and looks to hit up forwards, and I noticed last night he long he holds the ball for in traffic to take the tackle and release his team mates. I liked his game and really like his poise and delivery into the forward 50. We need more of him to stop this long bombing crap, not less.

Looked good in traffic, and has a bit of composure about him .

always right
20-05-2017, 01:41 PM
given us a couple more options

Okay.....so it wasn't really a case of Cordy being a perfect matchup for Taylor but that we could have played him elsewhere.

comrade
20-05-2017, 01:43 PM

Did he elaborate on his lack of preparation? What's the reasoning?

Rocco Jones
20-05-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm chill about our quality compared to the top sides, we all have our issues. Only thing is that we are a game or two off the mark and and hard winning premierships the way we did last year.

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 02:22 PM

I heard that as well and while he singled out Libba, by answering a specific question, I think it might also apply to a couple of others as well.

boydogs
20-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Surprised by the lack of love for Roberts, I think we went in too short against Geelong and Harry Taylor made us pay. Roberts would have made a difference there, he's our best defender against the 195cm+ forwards

Mantis
20-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Surprised by the lack of love for Roberts, I think we went in too short against Geelong and Harry Taylor made us pay. Roberts would have made a difference there, he's our best defender against the 195cm+ forwards

He's pretty poor as a 1 on 1 defender, especially against an opponent with some mobility... would have preferred Cordy in last night to play on Taylor.

Feel we should always play 2 talls + Morris in defence... including Cordy as a tall.

Rocket Science
20-05-2017, 03:43 PM
I heard that as well and while he singled out Libba, by answering a specific question, I think it might also apply to a couple of others as well.

Which would suggest it's conditioning rather than injury and the demotion's a mild form of punishment?

Not undeserved - he's fallen short of his own high standards - but inclined to wonder if both the result and Libba might have been better served by giving him a 'job' on one of either of two obvious Cats opponents in an effort to refocus him. The style of game we surely must have anticipated was tailor-made for what he (normally) brings.

lemmon
20-05-2017, 04:00 PM
What about Honeychurch? He's again been one of Footscray's most consistent this season. I don't seen any reason to put a line through him

always right
20-05-2017, 04:36 PM
What about Honeychurch? He's again been one of Footscray's most consistent this season. I don't seen any reason to put a line through him

Seems to never be in the conversation but an honest trier.....you know you'd get the effort.....if not the polish.

always right
20-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Just our luck.....St Kilda have been really poor today and will be given a big rev-up for our match.....just like Geelong.

bulldogtragic
20-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Let's see Tim English, as a flanker/utility who can pinch hit the ruck if needed. If he was viewed as a mid sized midfielder, not a ruckman, and he'd be very close to promotion and the discussion of mature rucks killing him isn't a factor. He does so much good work around the ground that the sooner he gets experience the better, if he gets some ruck minutes that'd a bonus. He makes good decisions, has very good skills and reads the play well. All things we need.

comrade
20-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Just our luck.....St Kilda have been really poor today and will be given a big rev-up for our match.....just like Geelong.

Where's our rev up. We should be breathing fire.

Nuggety Back Pocket
20-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Let's see Tim English, as a flanker/utility who can pinch hit the ruck if needed. If he was viewed as a mid sized midfielder, not a ruckman, and he'd be very close to promotion and the discussion of mature rucks killing him isn't a factor. He does so much good work around the ground that the sooner he gets experience the better, if he gets some ruck minutes that'd a bonus. He makes good decisions, has very good skills and reads the play well. All things we need.

English looked very good today in Footscray's loss to Geelong. Looks a future star with tremendous skills for his height.

jeemak
20-05-2017, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see Honeychurch and English rewarded this week, but I can't see it happening for both of them and given the high stakes of the game I think Honeychurch will be better positioned to have an influence. Libba didn't do enough and will benefit from some hard work over the bye period.

I wonder if we'll see Moyd come back via the seniors or via the twos. My guess is the former.

If Roughead is good to go, he should play.

In - Roughead, Moyd and Honeychurch
Out - Smith, Cloke and Webb

Suckling, Hunter and Picken really need to put in a solid effort next weekend to retain spots.

Smith just hasn't got enough tricks at present, a lot has to go right for him to influence the game which he has done by hitting the scoreboard. My issue with him is that apart from tackling, he just doesn't seem to do much else when things aren't going his way.

I'm going with Red over Cloke, though it's toss of the coin stuff. I just think he's more likely to take advantage of having Boyd play more minutes with him.

Webb unlucky, I don't think Stringer will come up.

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Have we ever won a game when Matthew Boyd has missed it since Bevo arrived?

I'm sure I heard it's something like 8 from 8 losses when Matthew Boyd misses a game

Topdog
20-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Really surprised by calls to drop Smith. When he is out of forward pressure drops significantly

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Really surprised by calls to drop Smith. When he is out of forward pressure drops significantly

I think having Dickson back helps in that regard but we do need more out of Smith than just forward pressure

Topdog
20-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Well he got another 2 goals last night to go with his 7 tackles

comrade
20-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Have we ever won a game when Matthew Boyd has missed it since Bevo arrived?

I'm sure I heard it's something like 8 from 8 losses when Matthew Boyd misses a game

Let's not play him against Brisbane and see if it holds up. Just about every game he's missed we've been at best a 50/50 shot.

josie
20-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Out Suckling & Cloke In English & Roughead. Possibly Maclean in too however not sure who is omitted. Maybe Smith.

soupman
20-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Let's not play him against Brisbane and see if it holds up. Just about every game he's missed we've been at best a 50/50 shot.
I'm flying up for that game. Experiment against someone else please.

bornadog
20-05-2017, 08:49 PM
I thought Cloke was pretty good when he went into the ruck in the third quarter. He really changed the game in our favour.

I doubt he will be dropped.

bornadog
20-05-2017, 08:51 PM

After the first quarter, he hardly touched the ball. He has been very inconsistent this season. We can't play with 17 players on the ground.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-05-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm flying up for that game. Experiment against someone else please.

I echo those sentiments. I'm takin my son to his first AFL match and our form at the GABBA is scratchy enough as it is.

Rocco Jones
21-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Biggs for Suckling. Suckers is 1D and he isn't really giving us more from his kicking. Biggsy can hopefully return to adding to our team defence.

McLean for Webb. Really liked Toby's game in the VFL and wasn't too bad before being dropped. Webb is out of the game for too long at AFL level and we really can't afford that. Really like him long term but we gotta start winning.

Third one is hard. Libba for Clay. It depends a bit on what we dropped Libba. If it is more about the cardio work and being able to run enough to get 5-10 more uncontested disposals at AFL level, then yesterday's performance wasn't enough. However he did what he we know he can do and I have no doubt he is still in our best 22 via his contested possessions, clearances and tackles.

MrMahatma
21-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Suckling is all cherry no cake. Agree he should be looked at.

MrMahatma
21-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Thought Dale and Williams showed enough to get a good run at it. We need to keep rewarding improvement in our youth so that we continue to have depth. For all we know we could loose JJ, Murphy and Boyd at the end of the season.

always right
21-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Interesting watching Footscray yesterday to see which players pit up their hand for promotion to the seniors. Whilst disappointed in the performance of several, I wonder how difficult it is to play at the Whitten Oval.

Invariably the conditions are poor with a howling wind blowing more often than not. It always seems incredibly difficult to judge marks and run onto the ball due to the unpredictable flight. I always notice what a poor standard of game it often is at our home ground and how this must make it difficult for players to show their best.

LostDoggy
21-05-2017, 01:54 PM
In Roughead Stringer M Boyd Biggs
Out Cloke Smith Webb Suckling

bornadog
21-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Is Stringer ready to go? I don't expect to see him till after the bye.

Webby
21-05-2017, 02:56 PM
I saw Jake coming out of a TAB in North Melbourne midweek and he was hobbling noticeably. Late rather than sooner from that impression, but you never know.

Dry Rot
21-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Honeychurch in.

Reasons: Forward pressure (we're missing Dunkley and a functioning Smith), at least he gives a shit, and should be instructed to tackle anything in red, black and white.

His form doing this in early 2015 was pretty good.

bornadog
21-05-2017, 03:37 PM
I saw Jake coming out of a TAB in North Melbourne midweek and he was hobbling noticeably. Late rather than sooner from that impression, but you never know.

TAB .............. mmmmmm

Bullies
21-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Now that Bevo has dropped Libba he won't be getting back in for some time. Heard he will be given an increased training schedule over the coming weeks. Fitness and attitude not where they would like.

Bullies
21-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Okay.....so it wasn't really a case of Cordy being a perfect matchup for Taylor but that we could have played him elsewhere. Cordy is our swingman and one of our best tacklers.

kruder
21-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Surprised at calls for Honeychurch A VFL player if I have ever seen one. Even when he has come in his pressure has been just been ok and he really doesn't posses an AFL attribute.

I'm really confused with the way we have handled Webb. How he is considered a inside mid is beyond me. We are seriously long inside mids already and we try to mould him into another? I understand the benefits of trying to teach him to win his own ball but I think its time to push him on to a flank and see what his so called elite kicking skills can add to the side.

bornadog
21-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Surprised at calls for Honeychurch A VFL player if I have ever seen one. Even when he has come in his pressure has been just been ok and he really doesn't posses an AFL attribute.

I'm really confused with the way we have handled Webb. How he is considered a inside mid is beyond me. We are seriously long inside mids already and we try to mould him into another? I understand the benefits of trying to teach him to win his own ball but I think its time to push him on to a flank and see what his so called elite kicking skills can add to the side.

I tend to agree Kruder. Webb has been unable to accumulate possessions as a mid in his two games. As you say, great to learn the game, but I actually liked him on the HBF.

kruder
21-05-2017, 07:21 PM
I tend to agree Kruder. Webb has been unable to accumulate possessions as a mid in his two games. As you say, great to learn the game, but I actually liked him on the HBF.

Yeah I can see benefits of him playing on a forward/back flank and I'm keen to give him a few more runs before we can make a decision on him going forward. A don't mind the idea of both he and Wallis alternating forward and dropping smith. Wallis was bloody impressive the other night he seem to have more time when he had the ball and really lowered his eyes when going inside 50. He is also good for a goal a week and a pretty solid set shot for the player who is just a solid kick.

FWIW
Ins Rough and Cordy

Outs Cloke and Smith

Agree with comments above that we look better with two key backs along with Morris. It allows Wood to get more dangerous and intercept something we have really missed so far this year while Morris can glove the mid forwards. I also don't want to see Jongy play ruck again in my life hence Roughead in for Cloke who is unlucky. Just cant see us playing 2 key backs, 2key forwards and 2 ruckman with Bevo in charge.

Suckling stays more so for team continuity at this stage but is on the edge. I concerned about playing Suckling and Murphy back considering both are just average at defending so will keep an eye on this again.

Sedat
21-05-2017, 09:46 PM
How many HBF's do we need? Webb is treacle slow, so he will never get separation to be able to utilise his foot skills as a running HBF. Adding another string to his bow is critical for him to have a career at this level, and our inside mid stocks aren't as strong as we think they are - the clearance and CP numbers don't lie this year.

always right
21-05-2017, 09:57 PM
How many HBF's do we need? Webb is treacle slow, so he will never get separation to be able to utilise his foot skills as a running HBF. Adding another string to his bow is critical for him to have a career at this level, and our inside mid stocks aren't as strong as we think they are - the clearance and CP numbers don't lie this year.

Whilst jury is still out on Webb, it's a bit rich to say he's too slow to accumulate possessions as a HBF. It hasn't stopped Boyd the last few years.

ratsmac
21-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Ins
Roughead, McLean, Cordy, Biggs.

Outs
Cloke/Redpath, Suckling, Webb, Smith.

This is a tough. Our depth is strong yet no one is banging the door down in the VFL to get a game in the seniors. We also have players in the seniors that aren't in great form but we know what they can do when they are at their best so we'd be hesitant to drop them. I'm glad I'm not the coach thats for sure.

jeemak
21-05-2017, 11:59 PM

Whilst jury is still out on Webb, it's a bit rich to say he's too slow to accumulate possessions as a HBF. It hasn't stopped Boyd the last few years.

The days of the Joel Bowden half back are done and dusted, and Webb would pretty much try and play the way he played in that position if he was left there.

You look at our half backs in Boyd, JJ and Biggs, one is quick of mind, hand and foot - the other two are quick and adventurous with run. Nothing I've seen from Webb suggests he's any of those things, but that's not to suggest he doesn't have good attributes.

Which, is why our coaching staff is trying to improve his inside game. He's too slow to play outside, but, with development he could be a clean kicking midfielder - which is something we're crying out for.

Think Jordan Lewis, Simon Black or Nigel Lappin. Players like these guys are what we're trying to turn Webb into. If he can't be that, he'll not have a future in the game because he's not quick or smart enough to dominate the outside with his lack of pace.

Mantis
22-05-2017, 09:38 AM
TAB .............. mmmmmm

What are you implying?

Ozza
22-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Outs:

Cloke; Suckling; Williams

In:

Roughead; Biggs; McLean

Mofra
22-05-2017, 10:42 AM
He hasn't been playing there for 18 months, the MC don't see his future as a HBFer.

Mofra
22-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Ins
Roughead, McLean, Cordy, Biggs.

Outs
Cloke/Redpath, Suckling, Webb, Smith.

This is a tough. Our depth is strong yet no one is banging the door down in the VFL to get a game in the seniors. We also have players in the seniors that aren't in great form but we know what they can do when they are at their best so we'd be hesitant to drop them. I'm glad I'm not the coach thats for sure.
As I read the match reports, it sounded like McLean certainly did.

Mantis
22-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Outs:

Cloke; Suckling; Williams

In:

Roughead; Biggs; McLean

Why Cloke and not Redpath?

Listening to Bevo post match I think he keeps Cloke in.

comrade
22-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Cloke made some mistakes after a layoff but at least he got near the pill. Unless it's put on a platter, Redpath is non factor. One of his goals came about because he didn't have the pace to make a contest and the Geelong bloke dropped a pudding, allowing Redders the goose from the goal square.

Ozza
22-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Why Cloke and not Redpath?

Listening to Bevo post match I think he keep Cloke in.

Redpath was very good v West Coast with 10 marks and 3 goals. And even without getting much footy on Friday night, still kicked a couple - and will take his opportunities where Cloke won't.

comrade
22-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Redpath was very good v West Coast with 10 marks and 3 goals. And even without getting much footy on Friday night, still kicked a couple - and will take his opportunities where Cloke won't.

He missed a straight forward shot that would have kept us in the game on Friday night.

Mantis
22-05-2017, 11:19 AM

To be fair he was gifted 2 goals against WC.

always right
22-05-2017, 11:28 AM
He missed a straight forward shot that would have kept us in the game on Friday night.

Let's not be silly about this. Despite missing that shot, you would concede that Redpath is typically a reliable kick for goal....certainly more so than Cloke.

Reckon selection might come down to the opposition defenders. Both Brown and Carlisle are most comfortable wrestling their opponents. Carlisle in particular is very vulnerable against a leading forward and was exposed by Reid on the weekend. Redpath might be the better option due to the fact he is normally pretty good on the lead.

Ozza
22-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Over the journey he has been a very good kick at goal - and Cloke would charitably be described as unreliable.

Ozza
22-05-2017, 11:34 AM
To be fair he was gifted 2 goals against WC.

Do they draw pictures of how you get them in the scorebook?

Getting in a position to kick easy goals is the name of the game. But we also know he can kick 50m set shot goals.

comrade
22-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Let's not be silly about this. Despite missing that shot, you would concede that Redpath is typically a reliable kick for goal....certainly more so than Cloke.

Reckon selection might come down to the opposition defenders. Both Brown and Carlisle are most comfortable wrestling their opponents. Carlisle in particular is very vulnerable against a leading forward and was exposed by Reid on the weekend. Redpath might be the better option due to the fact he is normally pretty good on the lead.

Redpath can only do one thing. Lead and mark inside 50. His one job is to convert the very limited amount of opportunities he is able to generate for himself and he failed to do it.

Cloke can at least offer some ruck relief, can get further up field, provides more defensive pressure etc

Mantis
22-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Do we have any evidence that Redpath still has the ability to get separation from his opponent? Just looks a bit heavier and slower since his last injury.

Rocco Jones
22-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Ok after having a think...

McLean for Webb. More versatile and safer bet in terms of offering us value throughout game.

Biggs for Suckling. Team d.

Honey for Clay. I think Honey is more versatile and suited to playing with taller forwards. Clay is more like a tall than a small in how he plays.

Roughy for Red. Hard on Red but he is too easy to rebound off. Struggles to lay a tackle.

always right
22-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Do we have any evidence that Redpath still has the ability to get separation from his opponent? Just looks a bit heavier and slower since his last injury.

In his two games since coming back I think we've seen some samples of it but I'm not claiming he's back to his best yet. The question is whether he will ever get back to his best....but you would agree it's a bit early to make that call.

One thing we can say for certain about Cloke is that his ball use and decision making has not improved and is unlikely to. For those saying he can pinch hit in the ruck......so can Redpath....or he used to at least.

Rocco Jones
22-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Cloke's advantage over Red is his ability to lay a tackle.

Jeanette54
22-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Cloke's advantage over Red is his ability to lay a tackle.

Redpath has the ability to tackle, and hurt when he does it. I remember the 2014 VFL Grand Final, and three critical tackles he laid on the defenders. I was quite close to one, thankfully with the fence for protection, and I will never forget Big Reds eyes as he lined up the unfortunate Hawks player and took him out. Scary stuff.

The question is why is this no longer a part of his game ? Is it that his mobility has been effected ?

bornadog
22-05-2017, 01:01 PM

McLean for Webb. More versatile and safer bet in terms of offering us value throughout game.

Honey for Clay. I think Honey is more versatile and suited to playing with taller forwards. Clay is more like a tall than a small in how he plays.

Roughy for Red. Hard on Red but he is too easy to rebound off. Struggles to lay a tackle.

That is how I would go as well, and what I think will happen.

soupman
22-05-2017, 01:12 PM

I like these changes. If Boyd is fit does he take the Biggs spot?

1eyedog
22-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Redpath has the ability to tackle, and hurt when he does it. I remember the 2014 VFL Grand Final, and three critical tackles he laid on the defenders. I was quite close to one, thankfully with the fence for protection, and I will never forget Big Reds eyes as he lined up the unfortunate Hawks player and took him out. Scary stuff.

The question is why is this no longer a part of his game ? Is it that his mobility has been effected ?

As above I agree that all the recos have slowed him down. If he gets you watch out but the problem now is his closing speed, which is lacking thereby limiting his ability to make contests. The other aspect over Redpath other than the tackling aspect (which allows Cloke to play up the ground), is Cloke's aerobic ability meaning he simply makes more contests than Redpath can.

These attributes far outweigh Redpath's 1.7 goals a game, bearing in mind that Cloke is going at better than a goal a game as well.

Ozza
22-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I like these changes. If Boyd is fit does he take the Biggs spot?

Seeing as we haven't won a game when Boyd isn't playing, in the last three years....get him back out there whatever it takes!

Bulldog4life
22-05-2017, 05:52 PM

Agree. Red knows where the goals are. A big plus for a forward. Even before he was injured he was averaging 2 goals a game. 2 games in this year he averages 2.5. I don't care how he gets them, Joe the goose etc etc, but after Dicko he is our most reliable kick for goal.

Topdog
22-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Seeing as we haven't won a game when Boyd isn't playing, in the last three years....get him back out there whatever it takes!

Why? Its just one of those peculiar stats that means nothing.

boydogs
22-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Think Jordan Lewis, Simon Black or Nigel Lappin. Players like these guys are what we're trying to turn Webb into

Luke Hodge

always right
22-05-2017, 08:50 PM

You don't really think posters are being serious do you?

1eyedog
22-05-2017, 11:20 PM
In what universe is Redpath a better player than Cloke? Cloke changed the Sydney game for us earlier this year and was good against the Cats in patches - needs to keep playing.

SonofScray
22-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Cloke was really poor against Geelong I thought. His ill discipline was incredibly frustrating, followed up by a really poor effort on the wing straight after and a non contest going back with the flight of the ball earlier in the game, these things annoyed me a great deal. We need his marking ability up on the wing, along with Roughead. I think he gets the nod above Redpath on the back of that, assuming we won't play all three.

Cloke owes us an improved effort.

jeemak
23-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Luke Hodge

Yes, for sure. Tough I'm not sure he could be as good a bloke as Hodgey...........jeez I'd love to have a beer with Hodgey.

Obviously I picked out elite players - and Jordan Lewis. If he could get somewhere near Lewis that would be a great outcome.

1eyedog
23-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Cloke was really poor against Geelong I thought. His ill discipline was incredibly frustrating, followed up by a really poor effort on the wing straight after and a non contest going back with the flight of the ball earlier in the game, these things annoyed me a great deal. We need his marking ability up on the wing, along with Roughead. I think he gets the nod above Redpath on the back of that, assuming we won't play all three.

Cloke owes us an improved effort.

I'm of a different opinion. Cloke owes us nothing and is essentially playing for a foreman construction site wage. Anything we get is a bonus. His brain fade was disappointing and ill timed but he was the only target coming out of the backline all night, laid 4 tackles, kicked a goal and went into the ruck. It also shows he's passionate and has bought in and wants to do well. That's encouraging because sooner or later he's going to have a big game. We need him on the edge.

For his first game back I thought he had a better night than many others.

Bulldog4life
23-05-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm of a different opinion. Cloke owes us nothing and is essentially playing for a foreman construction site wage. Anything we get is a bonus. His brain fade was disappointing and ill timed but he was the only target coming out of the backline all night, laid 4 tackles, kicked a goal and went into the ruck. It also shows he's passionate and has bought in and wants to do well. That's encouraging because sooner or later he's going to have a big game. We need him on the edge.

For his first game back I thought he had a better night than many others.

His game was not bad.But Bevo said in public that Cloke's brain fade in the last swung the game in Geelong's favour. Bevo was very disappointed. As well as talking about it in public he spoke to Cloke personally after the game.

1eyedog
23-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Ins: Stringer, McLean, Roughie
Outs: Dale, Webb, Redpath

I've tried to go like for like. Cordy didn't put heat on key backs with his performance at VFL level and I can't see Libba coming back in until after the bye.

Smith's 7 tackles and 2 goals keeps him in the team ahead of the kids. I think the more we play Smith the better he'll be and the more he'll close that gap between best and worst.

bornadog
23-05-2017, 10:52 AM
His game was not bad.But Bevo said in public that Cloke's brain fade in the last swung the game in Geelong's favour. Bevo was very disappointed. As well as talking about it in public he spoke to Cloke personally after the game.

One incident doesn't lose a game.

Bulldog4life
23-05-2017, 11:07 AM
One incident doesn't lose a game.

Tell Bevo that

1eyedog
23-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Tell Bevo that

That's just emotion talking and the obvious act that lead to their last quarter spark. They could have just as easy have played like that in the last without the Selduck goal.

Bad umpiring decisions cost us at least two goals and then there were the misses again. And once again we refuse to put anyone on Dangerfield early and Selduck late.

Topdog
23-05-2017, 02:30 PM
You don't really think posters are being serious do you?

I'm almost certain some people are

Sedat
23-05-2017, 06:33 PM
That's just emotion talking and the obvious act that lead to their last quarter spark. They could have just as easy have played like that in the last without the Selduck goal.

Bad umpiring decisions cost us at least two goals and then there were the misses again. And once again we refuse to put anyone on Dangerfield early and Selduck late.
What Cloke did mouthing off was poor and undisciplined, but how much time does Selwood need to have prior opportunity? That was a shit non-decision but sadly not surprising in the modern game. I don't want to hear that it was in the back either - those types of tackles when there is clear prior opportunity have been paid HTB forever. I would have been just as pissed off if I was Cloke.

ratsmac
23-05-2017, 07:40 PM
What Cloke did mouthing off was poor and undisciplined, but how much time does Selwood need to have prior opportunity? That was a shit non-decision but sadly not surprising in the modern game. I don't want to hear that it was in the back either - those types of tackles when there is clear prior opportunity have been paid HTB forever. I would have been just as pissed off if I was Cloke.
100 likes! That's how I saw it as well.

Ozza
23-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Did you leave your sense of humour at the door Topdog?

1eyedog
23-05-2017, 10:07 PM

I'm hearing you.

LostDoggy
24-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Yes. Selwood getting away with things we were getting penalised for and worse. Absolute protected species.

Ozza
24-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Has been reported that Riewoldt will miss this week with a knee.

Mofra
25-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Has been reported that Riewoldt will miss this week with a knee.
That's huge, but we have a history of playing B grade forwards into form.
Josh Bruce, come on down.

Mantis
25-05-2017, 11:16 AM
That's huge, but we have a history of playing B grade forwards into form.
Josh Bruce, come on down.

So if St.Kilda structure up with Bruce (197), McCartin (194) & Membrey (188) do we go with Adams (192), Morris (190) & Wood (187) or do we need to add a Cordy or Roberts to the mix?

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:22 AM
So if St.Kilda structure up with Bruce (197), McCartin (194) & Membrey (188) do we go with Adams (192), Morris (190) & Wood (187) or do we need to add a Cordy or Roberts to the mix?

I would add Roberts.

Mofra
25-05-2017, 11:55 AM
I would add Roberts.
Ditto. Gives us flexibility to throw Adams forward for a few minutes to disrupt the Saints planning and Membrey despite being 188cm is a leading/marking type player who plays taller than (for example) 191cm Stringer or 191cm Stevie J.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-05-2017, 12:16 PM
I'd be inclined to go Cordy. He would give us further positional flexibility. Lets' face it if Saints are moving the ball quickly into their forward line, we're going to be in trouble in a one on one in most instances. Our defense is predicated on outnumbering the forwards in a marking contest. And that is achieved by not allowing quick ball movement from further up the ground.

Cordy has the ability to get to more contests than Roberts, and also has the added ability that should a tactical opportunity arise we can also move him or Adams up forward.
Beveridge seems to place value on that sort of flexibility and in the case of Riewoldt being a non-starter I'd be going with Cordy.

Ozza
25-05-2017, 12:29 PM
I'd be inclined to go Cordy. He would give us further positional flexibility. Lets' face it if Saints are moving the ball quickly into their forward line, we're going to be in trouble in a one on one in most instances. Our defense is predicated on outnumbering the forwards in a marking contest. And that is achieved by not allowing quick ball movement from further up the ground.

Cordy has the ability to get to more contests than Roberts, and also has the added ability that should a tactical opportunity arise we can also move him or Adams up forward.
Beveridge seems to place value on that sort of flexibility and in the case of Riewoldt being a non-starter I'd be going with Cordy.

Tend to agree YHF. A little bit concern height wise that Bruce does generally try to take the ball from its highest point - but that concern is out-weighed by the flexibility that Cordy gives us.

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 01:46 PM

I don't think we bring in Cordy, not if Jake comes back in and Cloke plays. It kinda defeats the purpose of dropping Red / Cloke and then bringing in Cordy so Adams can go forward. I don't mind the above and think Adams and Morris can take Bruce and McCartin.

LostDoggy
25-05-2017, 02:33 PM
The Cloke v Redpath debate is so fascinating.

Redpath has nearly doubled Clokes goals over their last 25 games. So if your looking at hitting the scoreboard you have to big Redpath.

However, Clokes clearly takes the points in workrate and versatility.

People I have spoken too are divided on who's in our best 22.

In my opinion Clokes workrate and versatility have him ahead. However... If Roughy comes in and Boyd stays forward I would prefer Redpath.

Will be interesting to see what the MC decide.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 02:42 PM

Redpath has nearly doubled Clokes goals over their last 25 games. So if your looking at hitting the scoreboard you have to big Redpath.

In my opinion Clokes workrate and versatility have him ahead. However... If Roughy comes in and Boyd stays forward I would prefer Redpath.

My problem with Redpath is he plays in bursts and seems to disappear for long periods. In his first game back against WC, he took 10 marks but was no where to be seen in the last quarter when we needed someone to kick a goal. Against Geelong, he was rarely sited.

Cloke is dangerous right through a game and as you say is more versatile. I could be wrong, but I can't see Cloke being dropped.

Mantis
25-05-2017, 03:43 PM

How did you come to this conclusion?

LostDoggy
25-05-2017, 03:56 PM
How did you come to this conclusion?

in terms of roles in the team, I'd have Boyd and Cloke fighting for the CHF/2nd ruck spot. Redpath as the lead out FF.

I much prefer the set up of Redpath FF, Boyd CHF and Roughy ruck. Rather than Boyd FF, Cloke CHF and Roughy ruck.

Cloke, outside of the Sydney game hasn't been that impressive. Redpath was quiet last week, but our midfield got absolutely slaughtered which didn't help. he still managed to hit the scoreboard twice. I expect him to keep improving each game he plays.

I also feel like Redpath can get Brown/Carisle on the lead.

Happy Days
25-05-2017, 05:04 PM
in terms of roles in the team, I'd have Boyd and Cloke fighting for the CHF/2nd ruck spot. Redpath as the lead out FF.

I much prefer the set up of Redpath FF, Boyd CHF and Roughy ruck. Rather than Boyd FF, Cloke CHF and Roughy ruck.

Cloke, outside of the Sydney game hasn't been that impressive. Redpath was quiet last week, but our midfield got absolutely slaughtered which didn't help. he still managed to hit the scoreboard twice. I expect him to keep improving each game he plays.

I also feel like Redpath can get Brown/Carisle on the lead.

Can we stop pretending that Redpath 'getting on the scoreboard' was in any way shape or form anything more than either extreme fortune, a result of the good work of others, or a combination of the two. Subtracting Jenkins Specials or Harry Taylor dropping an uncontested mark after badly beating Jack in a one-on-one, I'm willing to give him credit for 2 goals.

Narrative aside, he's been really, really poor since coming back in, and has shown no indication that he can get anyone on the lead. He's settling for one-out wrestling contests, which have long been proven to not be his go. I hate Cloke too, but if Stringer is right to play then it's definitely Jack to go out.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Apparently Cloke has been dropped

LostDoggy
25-05-2017, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Happy Days;556237]Can we stop pretending that Redpath 'getting on the scoreboard' was in any way shape or form anything more than either extreme fortune, a result of the good work of others, or a combination of the two. Subtracting Jenkins Specials or Harry Taylor dropping an uncontested mark after badly beating Jack in a one

He has had some luck, yes. But cashing in on the good work of others is what a forward like him is in the side to do.

Redpath takes his opportunities. He's kicked 40 odd goals in his last 20 odd games. He missed that set shot late last week but he couldn't have struck it much better in what was a tricky end to goal from.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Apparently Cloke has been dropped

Is that from a reliable source?

LostDoggy
25-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Mitch Cleary tweeted Cloke has been dropped.

Also on Brad Lynch's Instagram story he has a photo of English "young fella is getting a game"

Would have to assume that's AFL..

Mofra
25-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Huge news if true. Does that mean Roughy plays VFL for another week?

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Is that from a reliable source?

Yeah Mitch Cleary as Jaytee said.

Doc26
25-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Also on Brad Lynch's Instagram story he has a photo of English "young fella is getting a game"

Great news if true. Can see him taking his chance and not looking back.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 05:36 PM

This one.

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Massive news. Love this guy can't wait to see him develop.

Mantis
25-05-2017, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Happy Days;556237]

He has had some luck, yes. But cashing in on the good work of others is what a forward like him is in the side to do.

Redpath takes his opportunities. He's kicked 40 odd goals in his last 20 odd games. He missed that set shot late last week but he couldn't have struck it much better in what was a tricky end to goal from.

How was it a tricky end to score at? Dangerfield kicked one from 60m and another on his left from the boundary to that end.. Redpath missed a crucial one from 25m.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Good luck to English if true. Keen to see him develop.
Massive game for us, so its a big vote of confidence in the kid tgat they choose this week for him to come in.

Ozza
25-05-2017, 06:41 PM

Like it!

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Agree with others that Cloke has better output than Redpath.

Would be happy to see English play - super impressed every time I've seen him play. One would assume that means Roughy just isn't ready yet.

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Cloke apparently dropped via text message

Cloke dumped from the Bulldogs side via text message
Stephen Marson - May 25, 2017 - 5:04 pm
Travis Cloke has reportedly been dropped from the Bulldogs’ side to face St Kilda on Saturday via text message.

ESPN has reported that Cloke was sent a text message from coach Luke Beveridge on Wednesday night telling the ex-Collingwood forward he was dumped from the side.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 07:25 PM
So David Cloke has ESPN on speed dial.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 07:26 PM
In English Stringer and Biggs
out Red, Cloke and Webb

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Webb, Redders, Cloke

Biggs, English, Stringer

1eyedog
In English Stringer and Biggs
out Red, Cloke and Webb

Toby McLean must be going WTF!

bulldogtragic
I would've kept one of Cloke or Redders. Maybe a late out?

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 07:28 PM
I would've kept one of Cloke or Redders. Maybe a late out?

You almost can't drop one without the other.

Who are the emergencies?

Sedat
25-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Our Thursday night team selection is never boring

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Savage and Minchington in for them and Criewoldt out. I'm glad Bruce hasn't come in. As Mof said he'll likely go 6 straight on us.

Remi Moses
25-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Bit surprised they dropped both Jack and Travis . Great to see Tim English get a gig, and no Riewoldt or Bruce means a smaller forward line . Once again Bevo surprises

comrade
25-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Savage and Minchington in for them and Criewoldt out. I'm glad Bruce hasn't come in. As Mof said he'll likely go 6 straight on us.

Pretty hard to pick Bruce when you let Liam Jones take 15 marks on you.

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Bit surprised they dropped both Jack and Travis . Great to see Tim English get a gig, and no Riewoldt or Bruce means a smaller forward line . Once again Bevo surprises

They're going to try to run us off our feet.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Bevo is the king of the curve ball

comrade
25-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Seems unbalanced again. IMO, you need to play one of Redpath or Cloke, which allows something for Stringer to work off. English will only ruck 20%, which means Boyd again won't have a huge impact up forward.

Alternatively, we could have played Roberts and pushed Adams forward. McLean > Clay every day of the week, too.

I will never doubt Bevo but I don't think we're nailing selection night at the moment.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Here we are arguing whether Cloke or Redpath get dropped. What would we know? Bevo just goes whooshka and drops both.

comrade
25-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Bevo is certainly dishing out some tough love to the likes of McLean, Libba, Cordy & Roberts.

jeemak
25-05-2017, 07:52 PM
All but McLean had no real claim for a spot this week.

comrade
25-05-2017, 07:54 PM
All but McLean had no real claim for a spot this week.

Yeah, my point is it's not like Cordy or Roberts were out of form prior to last week and were omitted likely due to match ups. Yet they didn't dominate at VFL level so don't get a gig. Tough love, you either knock the door or you're not in the team.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Does this mean Hunter moves up the ground with Biggs in the team

GVGjr
25-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Dropping Redath, Cloke and Webb seems to be the right decisions but I would have preferred if it was done with Roughead coming back which would allow for Boyd to play forward. Roughead at Footscray however, didn't look right last week.

Pleased for English, he's been very steady the last few weeks and without Roughy it's a good selection.

Stringer has to step up against the Saints

kruder
25-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Does this mean Hunter moves up the ground with Biggs in the team

Would be a strange decision for Bevo to play him in his natural position.

kruder
25-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Dropping Redath, Cloke and Webb seems to be the right decisions but I would have preferred if it was done with Roughead coming back which would allow for Boyd to play forward. Roughead at Footscray however, didn't look right last week.

Pleased for English, he's been very steady the last few weeks and without Roughy it's a good selection.

Stringer has to step up against the Saints

I have my doubts on stringer performing when not at 100 percent capacity.

Go_Dogs
25-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Don't mind these selections at all - English has been performing well, whilst at their best Biggs and Stringer are two important players whose impact we've sorely missed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Wonder if there will be a late change by Saints? Wonder whether they were expecting one of Cloke or Redpath to stay and maybe one of Cordy or Roberts to come in?
Nathan Brown doesn't seem to have the mobility to go with Stringer. Maybe Bruce a late in?

ReLoad
25-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Wonder if there will be a late change by Saints? Wonder whether they were expecting one of Cloke or Redpath to stay and maybe one of Cordy or Roberts to come in?
Nathan Brown doesn't seem to have the mobility to go with Stringer. Maybe Bruce a late in?

Carlisle will play forward and slaughter us.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Please don't say that

Eastdog
25-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Good luck to Tim English. Let's hope he has a good debut. Good to see Stringer back and I hope he is involved a lot on Saturday. Biggs another good inclusion.

Out of Red and Cloke I probably would have kept Jack but Bevo knows what he is doing so we have to have faith in that.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 09:22 PM

I'm still annoyed the day we handed him 8 goals. He wouldn't be the worst option for them up there.

Eastdog
25-05-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm still annoyed the day we handed him 8 goals. He wouldn't be the worst option for them up there.

Who do we put on him on Saturday?

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Who do we put on him on Saturday?

Caleb Daniel.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Caleb Daniel.

On second thoughts, no one. We need to play our own game and not be tagging blokes.

1eyedog
25-05-2017, 09:37 PM
I reckon English will ruck more than we think.

Eastdog
25-05-2017, 09:38 PM
On second thoughts, no one. We need to play our own game and not be tagging blokes.

Sometimes though you have to tag particular of those dangerous players eg: Dangerfield, Martin etc.

Eastdog

So you reckon we might see Tom much more forward in this game.

1eyedog
Sometimes though you have to tag particular of those dangerous players eg: Dangerfield, Martin etc.

We don't.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 09:39 PM

I think we all very well know, we don't 'have' to tag Dangerfield. Ever.

Eastdog
25-05-2017, 09:41 PM
If we get the game on our terms will do well. We need a big start and more importantly keep maintaining that.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Bah. Get ready for the bomb into forward 50 again this week. Bomb, contest, missed rushed shot at goal. Rinse and repeat.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Bah. Get ready for the bomb into forward 50 again this week. Bomb, contest, missed rushed shot at goal. Rinse and repeat.

Playing our 'best of' album... I just hope Dale & Daniel can help show the rest of them to use it better.

Eastdog
25-05-2017, 10:09 PM

I hope not G-Mo. I'm hoping for some strong contested marks inside 50.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Playing our 'best of' album... I just hope Dale & Daniel can help show the rest of them to use it better.

They'll fill our back 50 and stream forward in waves. Even with good ball users they open players will be few and far between. Sure we'll get our fair share of opportunities but they'll be rushed and poor percentage shots at goal. Having a big forward helped stop this a little but gut feel is this is how it will play out.

Get ready for another close one ladies and gentleman.

Happy Days
25-05-2017, 10:39 PM

I've got a player I want to pot but due to the Billings precedent I'm not going to.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Will be painful footy to watch if we insist on bombing the ball to an out-numbered Stringer.

Interested to see how we use English.

Ozza
25-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Clever selection this week.

Saints in defence have Carlisle and Brown. With one of the very talls (English & Boyd) forward, they are a lot bigger than Nathan Brown (who the saints prefer to have play deep). It means that the Saints have to consider having Carlisle deep - which is not ideal for them. They also don't have a great match up for Stringer size or speed wise. Their preference is to have Brown deep - he'd be giving away 10 cms to English and 6 or 7 to Boyd.

I really doubt that they would play Carlisle forward, and if they do, Adams goes to him, and Morris and Wood shuffle down the line to McCartin and Membrey - which I think is fine.

I'm really excited to see English play.

As for the ruck, Longer gets some hit outs, but he just doesn't get involved around the ground. He hand 0 kicks, 5 handballs last week - and is really just a stoppage to stoppage player. Good opportunity for Boyd and English to have an impact.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Will be painful footy to watch if we insist on bombing the ball to an out-numbered Stringer.

Interested to see how we use English.

It'll be painful. Only hope we've got is if English plays more ruck than predicted and Tom is more forward.

I'm bracing for it mate and bracing for a close game as well.

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:29 PM

Saints in defence have Carlisle and Brown. With one of the very talls (English & Boyd) forward, they are a lot bigger than Nathan Brown (who the saints prefer to have play deep). It means that the Saints have to consider having Carlisle deep - which is not ideal for them. They also don't have a great match up for Stringer size or speed wise. Their preference is to have Brown deep - he'd be giving away 10 cms to English and 6 or 7 to Boyd.

I really doubt that they would play Carlisle forward, and if they do, Adams goes to him, and Morris and Wood shuffle down the line to McCartin and Membrey - which I think is fine.

As for the ruck, Longer gets some hit outs, but he just doesn't get involved around the ground. He hand 0 kicks, 5 handballs last week - and is really just a stoppage to stoppage player. Good opportunity for Boyd and English to have an impact.

Nice post, you've got me feeling more confident.

Ozza
25-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Yeah, my point is it's not like Cordy or Roberts were out of form prior to last week and were omitted likely due to match ups. Yet they didn't dominate at VFL level so don't get a gig. Tough love, you either knock the door or you're not in the team.

They don't have match ups this week either.

McCartin is the saints only forward over 190cms. And Adams (or Morris) can handle him.

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:40 PM
They don't have match ups this week either.

McCartin is the saints only forward over 190cms. And Adams (or Morris) can handle him.

Roberts could handle McCartin, allowing Adams to play forward where I think we'll be one short (as I'm expecting English to be not much more than a nuisance for the Saints rather than have any real impact).

ratsmac
26-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Super keen to see how the geezer English goes.

Also Stringer is due for a big one and I reckon this will be the one. He's had a nice little rest up so it's time to kick 7.

And I'm sick of worrying about getting teams on the rebound. How about I start worrying about the other team getting us on the rebound. Cmon dog's lift!

Ozza
26-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Roberts could handle McCartin, allowing Adams to play forward where I think we'll be one short (as I'm expecting English to be not much more than a nuisance for the Saints rather than have any real impact).

But in the current line up, Morris could handle McCartin if we wanted Adams to go forward.
Realistically, McCartin is young developing player, and 194cms. He's not a monster and we can afford to be aggressive with our approach to tall defenders this week. Last week's line up only gave up 7 marks inside D50, which is very very low. Compare that to the Eagles game, when Cordy and Roberts both played, and we gave up 15 marks inside 50 - I know that a lot of circumstances can contribute to this - but surely one of the contributing factors is aerobic athleticism and/or leg speed - in closing down opposition forwards on transition.

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:24 AM
But in the current line up, Morris could handle McCartin if we wanted Adams to go forward.
Realistically, McCartin is young developing player, and 194cms. He's not a monster and we can afford to be aggressive with our approach to tall defenders this week. Last week's line up only gave up 7 marks inside D50, which is very very low. Compare that to the Eagles game, when Cordy and Roberts both played, and we gave up 15 marks inside 50 - I know that a lot of circumstances can contribute to this - but surely one of the contributing factors is aerobic athleticism and/or leg speed - in closing down opposition forwards on transition.

Those 7 marks = 7 goals.

Ozza
26-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Those 7 marks = 7 goals.

Good thing we didn't concede 15 D50 marks then.

Sedat
26-05-2017, 01:22 AM
Realistically, McCartin is young developing player, and 194cms. He's not a monster and we can afford to be aggressive with our approach to tall defenders this week.
Your logic is sound - my only counter to this is that Harry Taylor kicked 5 goals on us last week when he has looked lost without his Zimmer frame in his other 9 games this season.

Jokes aside, I like the ins as well. English and Stringer add leg speed and we are all forgetting Dickson as part of the forward mix, who will also require close attention - someone is going to get off the chain. St Kilda's backline is one of the few that we can actually benefit by going in a little smaller and nimbler (I know English is not small but he is far more nimble that both Clokey and Redders).

Feel for Clokey - he's copped some very bad press this week in his first game back from a serious injury. He did a couple of dumb things last week but the negative press has been out of proportion to his performance IMO. Don't mind him being dropped but I hope to see him back in the team running the arcs and crashing packs especially now that Crammers is gone for the season.

jeemak
26-05-2017, 01:24 AM

Ozza for a while now you've supplemented the work I've not been able to give attention to, it's much appreciated.

jeemak
26-05-2017, 01:32 AM

At the height of my powers in A or B section amateurs I'd expect to be able to keep MCartin to a low score standing at 183cm if my colleagues sorted team defence properly. That's what will happen with all of our mid-size defenders working through his area. He's still young and trying to get his body and health issues right. He'll get there in the end, but I don't think it will be this week.

S Coast Simon
26-05-2017, 02:11 AM
We do have a habit of running key forwards into form. I would also like us to come out firing after a loss as well. It always seems like we are coping teams on the rebound. When are we going to rebound

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 08:21 AM
At the height of my powers in A or B section amateurs I'd expect to be able to keep MCartin to a low score standing at 183cm if my colleagues sorted team defence properly. That's what will happen with all of our mid-size defenders working through his area. He's still young and trying to get his body and health issues right. He'll get there in the end, but I don't think it will be this week.

A 6'4 number 1 draft pick would eat you alive. McCartin was a gun. A talented forward and forward line would create space for him at every opportunity.

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 08:51 AM
We need to win this week. McLean is fit and makes us a better side. Why is he not in the team after high 20 possessions and 17 tackles? What does the boy need to do?

Smads57
26-05-2017, 09:14 AM
We need to win this week. McLean is fit and makes us a better side. Why is he not in the team after high 20 possessions and 17 tackles? What does the boy need to do?
My take on McLean is him needing to kick the ball more. The VFL coach mentioned in his presser something to this effect.

Mantis
26-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Some strange selections.. hopefully they pay off.

Would be extremely disappointed if Cloke was told of his non-selection via text, would think Bevo is better than that.. especially given the comments he made on radio.

Last chance saloon for a few one would think including Suckling who must be hanging on by a thread.

soupman
26-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Maybe it's a matter of not fitting the balance of the side. We've brought in a keyish forward (Stringer), a backup ruck (English) and a running defender (Biggs). Mclean doesn't assist with any of those spots. I personally would have him ahead of Smith but they must see Smith as being able to contribute something Mclean cannot.

Last chance saloon for a few one would think including Suckling who must be hanging on by a thread.
How he and Smith remain in the side after contributing next to nothing this year astounds me. Both have been hugely disappointing.

LostDoggy
26-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Roughy named as Emergency but not named for Footscray?

Hoping Clay proves me wrong and kicks 3 or 4 but I just don't get his selection ahead of McLean.

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Maybe it's a matter of not fitting the balance of the side. We've brought in a keyish forward (Stringer), a backup ruck (English) and a running defender (Biggs). Mclean doesn't assist with any of those spots. I personally would have him ahead of Smith but they must see Smith as being able to contribute something Mclean cannot.

How he and Smith remain in the side after contributing next to nothing this year astounds me. Both have been hugely disappointing.

I'd prefer McLean down there before Dale. Dale has been ok but McLean is a far better player at this stage. I really hope Dale plays well tomorrow, hopefully the ground and pace suit him more than Subi and KP.

Bulldog4life
26-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Hoping Clay proves me wrong and kicks 3 or 4 but I just don't get his selection ahead of McLean.

Roughy named at CHB for Footscray.

BulldogBelle
26-05-2017, 11:10 AM

Was told by some in the know that Roughy would play. Will have to wait and see.

soupman
26-05-2017, 11:37 AM
I'd prefer McLean down there before Dale. Dale has been ok but McLean is a far better player at this stage. I really hope Dale plays well tomorrow, hopefully the ground and pace suit him more than Subi and KP.

In general I prefer Mclean but I thought Dale was good last week and needs continuity. I wouldn't be dropping him.

jeemak
26-05-2017, 11:44 AM
A 6'4 number 1 draft pick would eat you alive. McCartin was a gun. A talented forward and forward line would create space for him at every opportunity.

Yep, definitely one of the more outrageous ways I've tried to illustrate a point on this forum. :)

Mofra
26-05-2017, 11:52 AM
I have no idea what the MC are doing.

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Press Conference:

* 8 changes an indication we're searching of our best. That's part of reason we're 5-4 and also how well opposition is playing

* We didn't get what we needed from our tall forwards & beaten in the air by Cats defence. Always pressure, looking to pick 22

* Best nice to be settled and playing best 22. History says we haven't been able to do in recent years, not too worried about

* Tim is a very tall young man, has terrific game sense for a tall. Not your stereotype ruck, exciting to have him in the team

* Rough is close, very good last week. He's getting through 4 qtrs with some strength, but Tim has had more footy under belt

* Tim presents as a challenge for opposition due to his height and mobility at ground level. Almost a 4th mid

* We like Tommy Boyd's game last week, like how he hit the scoreboard

* It's an important round, they're all important and we don't like to lose. We need to be on our edge, St Kilda do bring pressure

* Nick Riewoldt is star, both performance and leadership. No doubt Saints will miss him, but they will have able replacements

* If you saw Shane Biggs' game last week, you would've seen he was back to form. Had good balance. Great for him & Bailey to play together

* Stewy won't play this year, but we will work him to be fit and ready for 2018.

always right
26-05-2017, 01:26 PM

You appear to be president of the anti-Bailey Dale club:) Hardly an opportunity goes by without you calling for him to be dropped. Do you think he has a future?

Mofra
26-05-2017, 01:52 PM
* If you saw Shane Biggs' game last week, you would've seen he was back to form. Had good balance. Great for him & Bailey to play together
Interesting, all but stating we are planning for the future. I really rate Williams

bornadog
26-05-2017, 01:54 PM
In general I prefer Mclean but I thought Dale was good last week and needs continuity. I wouldn't be dropping him.
Played one of his best games last week

Happy Days
26-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Interesting, all but stating we are planning for the future. I really rate Williams

I haven't been online much this week, but I actually did see his (Biggs') game last week and totally concur. He was absolutely everywhere and deserved his recall. I see Biggs as more of a Boyd replacement, with Williams as more of a Murphy replacement; no reason they can't play together.

Shane's only 25, which all of my friends and parents promise me is totally not old at all. Don't see why he wouldn't be in future plans.

Mofra
26-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Watching the presser now, English is up to 100kg 'naturally'

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 02:01 PM
You appear to be president of the anti-Bailey Dale club:) Hardly an opportunity goes by without you calling for him to be dropped. Do you think he has a future?

You've asked me this before and I responded at length in another thread, can't remember which one. In short, I do and as stated he's been ok, better against Geelong because he was more involved in general play. I'm not anti him I just prefer McLean in the side but you're right I made my point many posts ago.

Mantis
26-05-2017, 03:16 PM
You've asked me this before and I responded at length in another thread, can't remember which one. In short, I do and as stated he's been ok, better against Geelong because he was more involved in general play. I'm not anti him I just prefer McLean in the side but you're right I made my point many posts ago.

Good things generally happen when Bailey has the ball, juts needs to get it more, but I liked his ability to withstand some body contact last week.. this will only get better as he gets stronger & gains confidence.

His first 50 games are going to be patchy, but once he reaches this point I have a feeling his next 100 will be of a very high standard.

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Watching the presser now, English is up to 100kg 'naturally'

Is that a 'jab' at Essendon?

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Good things generally happen when Bailey has the ball, juts needs to get it more, but I liked his ability to withstand some body contact last week.. this will only get better as he gets stronger & gains confidence.

His first 50 games are going to be patchy, but once he reaches this point I have a feeling his next 100 will be of a very high standard.

Tend to agree.

Pretty encouraged by his footy in the last few games and I feel we need to get as many games into him as we can. Not always going to be possible if we're totally injury free, the side's struggling or he has slumps in form but he's one player that needs to be pushed.

comrade
26-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Getting consecutive games into Williams and Dale has been the best thing about the past few weeks. Feels like whilst we might lose a few short term battles, it will help us win the war.

Mofra
26-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Is that a 'jab' at Essendon?
He went on to explain that players who hit the protein bulk up too quickly (inferring it causes problems), seems like English will be a monster as he is surely going to add size in the next couple of years.

Have to retain his agility while doing it

jeemak
26-05-2017, 05:17 PM
He went on to explain that players who hit the protein bulk up too quickly (inferring it causes problems), seems like English will be a monster as he is surely going to add size in the next couple of years.

Have to retain his agility while doing it

Core work is where it's most needed for emerging bean poles.

SlimPickens
26-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Core work is where it's most needed for emerging bean poles.

Ah that old chestnut! Thanks for the laugh

jeemak
26-05-2017, 07:26 PM
It's not true? How about you add to the discussion given what you know.

Appreciate a balance needed, but always thought stability and strength through the core was vital. Happy to be taught otherwise.

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 07:58 PM

Appreciate a balance needed, but always thought stability and strength through the core was vital. Happy to be taught otherwise.

I have no idea what his program is but because of his ectomorph frame he'd have to be on lots of calories and lots of bench press. He has good leg size so I think nost of his work would be upper body. Delt presses, inclined bench, bench, loads of dips etc. I reckon he would be targeting large muscles in the upper body.

Bevo says he packed on 13kg since he came to the club. Those are massive gains.

SlimPickens
26-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Sorry to be dismissive but i'd imagine Tims core strength is fine. What he needs is strength through the legs and shoulders. Which if he has put on 13 kgs it would be in his legs and shoulders. If he put it on his "core" he'd look like Lukas Marcovic (now, not when he was playing).

I'd love to go into the details further but feel free to look at this article by leading academic and Osteopath (dr Eyal lederman), who articulated better than I ever could. I'd love to show this to any or everyone who says their low back pain is caused by a weak core.

http://www.alexandertechnique-running.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/The-myth-of-core-stability-Lederman.pdf

Anyways back to the thread

ratsmac
26-05-2017, 09:24 PM
13kgs since getting to the club is pretty impressive if it's all muscle. I hope he doesn't run out with a pot gut tomorrow!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-05-2017, 11:34 PM
13kgs since getting to the club is pretty impressive if it's all muscle. I hope he doesn't run out with a pot gut tomorrow!

The Allen Jackivich pie diet hey?

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 11:35 PM
The Allen Jackivich pie diet hey?

He had 13kg on by round 1. Impressive effort our Jacko, our pick 10 Jacko.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-05-2017, 01:27 AM
He had 13kg on by round 1. Impressive effort our Jacko, our pick 10 Jacko.

You know, prior to our GF win, those past desperate trade cock ups used to rankle me, now they have been reassigned to mere funny anecdote status.

always right
27-05-2017, 11:40 AM
He's going to be a big unit judging by the size of his legs which are already very strong. I remember when Ayce Cordy first came to the club.....his legs were like twigs.

LostDoggy
27-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Really like the late change, with Roughy coming in. Looks a better balanced team, will be interesting to see how English is used. With Boyd and Roughy there, hopefully his Ruck time will be minimal or zero. If he pushes forward while Boyd is down there, we will really stretch the opposition defence.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Really like the late change, with Roughy coming in. Looks a better balanced team, will be interesting to see how English is used. With Boyd and Roughy there, hopefully his Ruck time will be minimal or zero. If he pushes forward while Boyd is down there, we will really stretch the opposition defence.

I want to see this trio of big men until Roughy retires. It's potentially an amazing group of talls, who can ruck and can play and are experienced in playing in the three areas of the ground. I can't say I've ever really been excited about a group of ruck/other roles like I am about this one, well maybe Streeter, Wight & Skipper.

comrade
27-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Streeter, Wight & Skipper.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.