Richmond v Essendon MCG 7.25pm

Adelaide v Fremantle Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday May 28

Collingwood v Brisbane MCG 1.10pm

Carlton v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

West Coast v GWS Domain Stadium 4.40pm

boydogs
23-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Interesting to see how the China game sides come back after the trip away and some time off

bornadog
23-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Every team except Freo have lost the week after they played us. Can Port win?

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 09:25 PM
OMG how the *!*!*!*! does Selwood still get those high free kicks where he lifts the elbow and drops the knees? It's a disgrace. Every time he goes near the ball the umpire finds a free kick for him somehow.

The bulldog tragician
25-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Watching as a neutral, the favouritism to the cats at home is blindingly obvious. An unbelievably soft free to Danger.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 09:42 PM
OMG how the *!*!*!*! does Selwood still get those high free kicks where he lifts the elbow and drops the knees? It's a disgrace. Every time he goes near the ball the umpire finds a free kick for him somehow.

There's been no more obvious BS than the stone cutters paying Homer Simpson the Royal Sampler. If you watch that episode, turn up the volume on it and you can hear Cameron Ling saying '100% there, he's just so tough and brave, he does things that other just can't do. That's a Royal Sampler every time'.

Sedat
25-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Awfully generous of us to give Harry Taylor a nice send-off last week before he returned to his putrid best tonight

Remi Moses
25-05-2017, 10:09 PM
I couldn't get my head around Selwood being tackled for about 5 minutes and the ump calling play on .
Harry Taylor FFS ! Can't get near it this week .

jeemak
25-05-2017, 10:16 PM
I actually think it will take vigilante justice to pull Selwood and every sychophant who indulges him into line.

Whilst I don't usually condone violence, some people really stepping over the line when he's awarded a free kick that no other player would receive, for a good six week to two month stretch is what's required.

You know, everyone on the opposing team goes completely mental and physically attacks him in a sustained way when he gets away with his crap and the situation turns into a farce until things finally turn around.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 10:34 PM
We are well and truly overdue for a Selwood free kick aren't we?

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 10:38 PM
We are well and truly overdue for a Selwood free kick aren't we?

Or just some blatant free kicks not called for the opposition.

The bulldog tragician
25-05-2017, 10:39 PM
No Geelong player can EVER be pinged for holding the ball apparently

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Geelong throw it more than all teams combined and don't get pinged for it. The sook Scott's public angst about it has worked really well for them.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 10:40 PM
These umpires are just cheating now. Hawkins threw it straight up in the air and what do you know play on.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 10:40 PM
No Geelong player can EVER be pinged for holding the ball apparently

It's a form of cheating. There line ball calls, but week after week they get dodgy ones, don't get done for throwing or HTB. Get the too highes dropping knees etc. It's hard to conclude its anything other than cheating.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Well done umpires. Another one for you guys... Um, Geelong...

comrade
25-05-2017, 10:57 PM
That was hideous.

The bulldog tragician
25-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Chris Scott. Blurrgghhh......:mad:

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Why was Dixon asked to play on????

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:04 PM
That was hideous.

Exactly my thoughts.

I just hate seeing reward for tackling well non paid. I only really watched one quarter one this game but hell I could have counted close to 10 not paid for Port in that quarter.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Why was Dixon asked to play on????

Took to long I think.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 11:08 PM
I am speechless after watching that. I feel for Port and I don't like them at all.
Dixon called to play on after the shot clock was 30.00001 seconds. Ffs what has the game with no rules become?

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:11 PM
I am speechless after watching that. I feel for Port and I don't like them at all.
Dixon called to play on after the shot clock was 30.00001 seconds. Ffs what has the game with no rules become?

That was an absolutely terrible use of the shot clock. He wasn't milking it, he wasn't trying anything sneaky. He took a hit when he went to ground, took some time to get up and was walking in as they called it. Unbelievable. Reeks of the umpires doing everything they could to get Geelong over the line.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Exactly my thoughts.

I just hate seeing reward for tackling well non paid. I only really watched one quarter one this game but hell I could have counted close to 10 not paid for Port in that quarter.

I only watched the last 13 minutes and I was flabbergasted. The Hawkins one was a joke, and Dixon non shot . Port missed easy goals in the last 5 minutes.

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:17 PM
And how's the free to Henderson deep in defence for a phantom block when Gray was absolutely manhandled.

There needs to be a huge backlash that hopefully helps turn the tide for a few weeks, like we've copped all year.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:19 PM
The scary thing about the shot clock violation...... could this be the rule of the round?

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:20 PM
And how's the free to Henderson deep in defence for a phantom block when Gray was absolutely manhandled.

There needs to be a huge backlash that hopefully helps turn the tide for a few weeks, like we've copped all year.

The man handling by the Geelong backs was constant, especially on Robbie Gray

jeemak
25-05-2017, 11:24 PM
That was an absolutely terrible use of the shot clock. He wasn't milking it, he wasn't trying anything sneaky. He took a hit when he went to ground, took some time to get up and was walking in as they called it. Unbelievable. Reeks of the umpires doing everything they could to get Geelong over the line.

Watch the footage, you see the Geelong players set up ten metres away from Dixon each side of the start of his run up appealing for the clock violation to be called.

Question is, did the umpire react to the clock or the appealing?

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 11:26 PM
The man handling by the Geelong backs was constant, especially on Robbie Gray

The umpires in Geelong are worse than the Perth umps.

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Watch the footage, you see the Geelong players set up ten metres away from Dixon each side of the start of his run up appealing for the clock violation to be called.

Question is, did the umpire react to the clock or the appealing?

I'd have to double check the rule, but doesn't it start once you get up off the ground? If not, the rule is a shambles.

And to answer your question, I'd say they definitely reacted to the appealing. Smart (yet unethical) by the Cats players to suck the umpire in and shame on the umpire for falling for it.

ratsmac
25-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Geelong are doing what Hawthorn did last year winning games by reputation. Soon they will fall and fall hard just like Hawthorn.

aker39
25-05-2017, 11:31 PM
I can't believe the comments about the shot clock.

There is only 1 person to blame and it is not the umpires or the Geelong players.

You see Dixon look at the scoreboard with the shot clock.

The same thing happens every week. As soon as a mark or free kick is paid, the shot clock starts and it doesn't stop unless the umpire signals time on for any reason.
The players get told when there are 15 seconds gone and get a whistle when 5 seconds left.

You clearly see the umpire do this and once it gets to zero he calls play on. The player doesn't get 31 or 32 seconds, he gets 30.

The one rule where it is black and white, not open to interpretation, and people still complain.

ledge
25-05-2017, 11:33 PM
How many times I saw Geelong players appealing for everything, especially deliberate.
The amount of times the two port forwards were dragged to the ground it wrapped around the neck and not given free kicks was horrible.
This #freekick should be changed to #nofreekickagainstgeelong

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:35 PM
There is also a rule that a player gets 6 seconds to dispose of the ball after taking a mark or free kick in open play. Yet I can recall at least one incident this year where a player had the ball for over 9 seconds before being called to move on. It cost is the game against GWS.

You can refer to it as correct on a technicality but players take longer than 30 seconds at times and don't get called. It was an utter disgrace of a decision by an umpire that for sucked in.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:40 PM

There is only 1 person to blame and it is not the umpires or the Geelong players.

The same thing happens every week. As soon as a mark or free kick is paid, the shot clock starts and it doesn't stop unless the umpire signals time on for any reason.
The players get told when there are 15 seconds gone and get a whistle when 5 seconds left.

You clearly see the umpire do this and once it gets to zero he calls play on. The player doesn't get 31 or 32 seconds, he gets 30.

The one rule where it is black and white, not open to interpretation, and people still complain.

When does the clock start? When the free kick is given or when the player gets the ball in his hand?

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:41 PM
There is also a rule that a player gets 6 seconds to dispose of the ball after taking a mark or free kick in open play. Yet I can recall at least one incident this year where a player had the ball for over 9 seconds before being called to move on. It cost is the game against GWS.

You can refer to it as correct on a technicality but players take longer than 30 seconds at times and don't get called. It was an utter disgrace of a decision by an umpire that for sucked in.

And there lies the problem. Technically it's probably correct, but why start now to be so black and white? It's why I'm wondering if it's going to be a flavour of the month rule.

aker39
25-05-2017, 11:41 PM

There is one big difference between the 6 seconds and the 30 seconds.
There is a big clock on the screen counting down the 30 seconds.
There is no technicality here. 0 in the clock, call play on.
I'd like some examples of where it has gone over 30 seconds.
The smart players start walking in with 3 seconds left ( that is all they have to do, start their approach) the dumb players like Dixon wait for it to get to zero

aker39
25-05-2017, 11:43 PM
And there lies the problem. Technically it's probably correct, but why start now to be so black and white? It's why I'm wondering if it's going to be a flavour of the month rule.

They haven't just started it.
As I said to Comrade, please show me one example where a player has got to zero and not been called to play on.

You won't find one because no one is dumb enough to let it get to zero.

comrade
25-05-2017, 11:46 PM
As I said to Comrade, please show me one example where a player has got to zero and not been called to play on.

It happened in a game last year, North Melbourne were playing, maybe it was Ben Brown. The commentators made reference to it at the time.

aker39
25-05-2017, 11:49 PM
It happened in a game last year, North Melbourne were playing, maybe it was Ben Brown. The commentators made reference to it at the time.
Yep and it was announced the umpire got it wrong.
The problem in that case was that the umpire missed giving him the 15 second warning.
Umpiring department said it should have been play on.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Yep and it was announced the umpire got it wrong.
The problem in that case was that the umpire missed giving him the 15 second warning.
Umpiring department said it should have been play on.

Aker39, you haven't answered my question above.

aker39
25-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Aker39, you haven't answered my question above.

I'm not 100% sure.
I don't think it is relevant here though.
Dixon could see on the scoreboard how long he had to go. The umpire whistled him with 5 seconds to go.
This is a clear case of a player not knowing the rules.

Sedat
25-05-2017, 11:55 PM
The main issue with the Dixon call was there were a couple of Geelong players well within the 10m protected zone, but as we know that rule has gone the way of the dodo bird.

G-Mo77
25-05-2017, 11:57 PM

I'll take your word for it mate. Having ssid that I won't be surprised we see it again this weekend.

bornadog
25-05-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm not 100% sure.
I don't think it is relevant here though.
Dixon could see on the scoreboard how long he had to go. The umpire whistled him with 5 seconds to go.
This is a clear case of a player not knowing the rules.

I understand your point. Someone on Twitter said the clock started when he was lying on the ground. By the time he got up, lined up etc at least 10 seconds gone. He may not have looked at the scoreboard and thought he had more time. As Sedat says, he was also surrounded by Geelong players. ( not sure how close they were.)

aker39
26-05-2017, 12:00 AM
I'll take your word for it mate. Having ssid that I won't be surprised we see it again this weekend.

You won't see it again this weekend because every coach will be reminding their players that they have to start walking in before the clock gets to zero.

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Can't tell from this video:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-05-25/gamechanger-dixons-time-runs-out

aker39
26-05-2017, 12:03 AM
I understand your point. Someone on Twitter said the clock started when he was lying on the ground. By the time he got up, lined up etc at least 10 seconds gone. He may not have looked at the scoreboard and thought he had more time. As Sedat says, he was also surrounded by Geelong players. ( not sure how close they were.)

I agree that the Geelong players look quite close.
Dixon would have been told there was 15 seconds gone and then again when there was 5 seconds left.

aker39
26-05-2017, 12:09 AM
Can't tell from this video:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-05-25/gamechanger-dixons-time-runs-out

From what you do see, Dixon looks like he is about to get up. The 30 seconds would have started straight away as the ball is in his arms.
You then hear and see the umpire whistle, tells the player and signal when there is 5 seconds left.
The other thing the video shows is the Geelong player on the left is far to close.

comrade
26-05-2017, 12:15 AM
So the umpire chose to enforce one rule (Dixon started his run up a millisecond over 30) over another (Geelong player in the restricted zone). One favoured the home team, one didn't. What a shocker.

aker39
26-05-2017, 12:18 AM
So the umpire chose to enforce one rule (Dixon started his run up a millisecond over 30) over another (Geelong player in the restricted zone). One favoured the home team, one didn't. What a shocker.

I'm not disputing that, just saying the 30 second rule is one that is not open to interpretation and was applied exactly how it should be.

I was at Geelong last week and it was very frustrating. With the new stand and the big, one sided crowd, it will rival Subiaco.

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:22 AM
From what you do see, Dixon looks like he is about to get up. The 30 seconds would have started straight away as the ball is in his arms.
You then hear and see the umpire whistle, tells the player and signal when there is 5 seconds left.
The other thing the video shows is the Geelong player on the left is far to close.

Dixon = Dumb

jeemak
26-05-2017, 12:26 AM
I have a real issue with this particular rule being black and white but others being open to interpretation. As we've seen tonight, the black and white approach saw a massive impact on play that was a result of action that was inconsequential to the broader way in which the game is played. Does it really matter that Dixon took too long to get back to his goal kicking position? Why not start the clock after time on once he's running in or taken a kick?

If we hold a player to such strict guidelines by suggesting he should be watching the shot clock, is it on the umpires to measure out the ten metres his opponents can start his run up from?

If a player is completely smashed in a marking contest through something not called but unfair and it impacts his ability to take a kick in the required time, should taking the ball for a kick mean he's subject to the thirty second rule? Is it discretionary post that?

I take your point that it's not the umpire's fault Aker, but none of it makes sense in a black and white world. My suggestion is we give the umpires a break, estimate these things, otherwise we'll have to sweat on everything.

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:28 AM
10 metre rule

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAq93qbXUAQhXYE.jpg

bornadog
26-05-2017, 12:29 AM
No free with minutes to go:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAq9_ldW0AATy1h.jpg

Twodogs
26-05-2017, 12:30 AM

Geelong did a lot of exclusion encroaching tonight.

aker39
26-05-2017, 12:32 AM
If a player is injured, the umpire would signal time on and the 30 second clock would stop until time is signalled back on.

He doesn't need to watch the shot clock.
He is told twice how long to go.

Sedat
26-05-2017, 12:38 AM
10 metre rule

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAq93qbXUAQhXYE.jpg
That player is Mitch Duncan, who of course was first on the scene to pressure Dixon after the play on call. Nice loophole found by the Cats there - kudos to them for being switched on at the time but it is manifestly unfair for a player 3m away to jump in on Dixon when he should have been 10m away.

jeemak
26-05-2017, 12:56 AM
It's essentially a moot point given Dixon should have been taking a shot from the goal line?

jeemak
26-05-2017, 12:57 AM
If a player is injured, the umpire would signal time on and the 30 second clock would stop until time is signalled back on.

He doesn't need to watch the shot clock.
He is told twice how long to go.

Are you responding to my post Aker39?

What if he's not materially injured but slowed down from impact that was unfair? Assume it would then come down to discreation?

I'm not being a smart arse, just trying to understand.

LostDoggy
26-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Absolutely disgraceful game tonight. I still can't believe the way Port were treated and it wasn't just the last 5 minutes.

Robbie Gray was manhandled all night and time and time again it was just let go. How Scott carries on like that in the box with the pathetically one sided umpiring that Geelong repeatedly receives is down right embarrassing.

Can someone tell me why there wasn't a score review?

Technically correct decision for the play on call at the end? Disgusting in my view and if that's the way the AFL see it then there will be a hell of a lot of fake hammy's getting done.

soupman
26-05-2017, 09:34 AM
I agreed with the Dixon play on call. It's harsh but his fault. He had multiple warnings from both the umpire and big screen, why you would wait for the clock to hit zero beats me.

I didn't think the umpiring was as blatantly bad as in our game, I thought in our match there were atleast 4 decisions in the final quarter that were clearly wrong (Menegola htb, Menzel play on, Murphy htb, Selwood htb, with there being a trip in there as well from Selwood that tbf would have been hard to spot). Last night it was more the 50-50 type frees that didn't go Ports way, although I found the one where Henderson got a free for nothing a bit shit.

Also I thought the Dangerfield goal at the end as worth a review. I know they all get reviewed but nothing much was made of that.

Two other non umpiring things to come out of last night for me though were:
-Selwood is my most hated player. Unfortunately when he retires the narrative is going to be "an uncompromising player admired and respected by the wider footballing public"
-Daisy Pearce was probably the best bit of the coverage. Her contributions were informative, clear and to the point. Huge contrast with Cameron Lings comments that rotate between stating how good the Geelong players are and bumbling explanations or poorly made statements of the most obvious stuff. Also Bruce last night was terrible.

Mofra
26-05-2017, 11:57 AM
I agreed with the Dixon play on call. It's harsh but his fault. He had multiple warnings from both the umpire and big screen, why you would wait for the clock to hit zero beats me.

If players take one step forward when the umpires moves them along, they normally don't call play on. If Dixon took one step he would have been fine

Topdog
26-05-2017, 12:49 PM
These umpires are just cheating now. Hawkins threw it straight up in the air and what do you know play on.

Yes that was a disgrace. He literally threw it straight up in the air.

Topdog
26-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Did the big screen actually show the shot clock? I dont think it did, at least the angle on the video from the previous page wasn't showing it

aker39
26-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Did the big screen actually show the shot clock? I dont think it did, at least the angle on the video from the previous page wasn't showing it

Absolutely it did.

westdog54
26-05-2017, 06:02 PM

There is one big difference between the 6 seconds and the 30 seconds.
There is a big clock on the screen counting down the 30 seconds.
There is no technicality here. 0 in the clock, call play on.
I'd like some examples of where it has gone over 30 seconds.
The smart players start walking in with 3 seconds left ( that is all they have to do, start their approach) the dumb players like Dixon wait for it to get to zero

The best example I can think of is Tory Dickson in the prelim. Marked the ball with 29 seconds to go in the game. He took the first step of his run up when the umpire called "move it on".

Two seconds later the siren sounded.

Are you responding to my post Aker39?

What if he's not materially injured but slowed down from impact that was unfair? Assume it would then come down to discreation?

I'm not being a smart arse, just trying to understand.

Without the experience of being an umpire I assume the following applies:

If the umpire was of the belief that there was "impact that was unfair", they have the option of paying the free kick instead of the mark, and calling time on. If the contact was late or significant, a 50 metre penalty can be paid. Aker39 is welcome to correct me on that.

The play on was the correct call, but the encroachment was missed.

aker39
26-05-2017, 06:34 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's a mark or free kick. If the umpire thinks there is a delay in play, due to injury or the ball being knocked a distance away, they will signal time on. The shot clock person (which is not the timekeepers) will stop the 30 second clock on that signal and start it again when time off is signalled.

Last night, there was no need to signal time on, Dixon wasn't injured, he was just tired and took a while to get up, which ate in to his 30 seconds.

PS - If there is a mark and free kick to the same player, a free kick will always be paid, because advantage can not be paid after a mark.

Topdog
26-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Absolutely it did.

Watched it on my phone initially and couldn't see it. Just watched it again on PC screen and I can indeed now see the clock. Cheers

Topdog
26-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Huge goal by Burgoyne. 1 point game with 5 minutes to go

Sedat
26-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Lol Swans and Saints

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 11:32 PM
Lol Swans and Saints

Yep. My second team is Hawthorn. I don't want a potential competitor during our dynasty attempt getting a top 5 pick in addition to their first rounder this year (Saints).

G-Mo77
26-05-2017, 11:33 PM
He he he. Almost Horse, almost.

Sedat
26-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Would love the Dawks to scrounge together about 10-11 wins and a 10th placed finish

Topdog
26-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Would love the Dawks to scrounge together about 10-11 wins and a 10th placed finish

I think they will get to 9. Probably finish 12th with that

ledge
26-05-2017, 11:37 PM
Lingy is impossible to listen to .. Firstly "Hawks have a young side" and they are the second oldest side this weekend.
Secondly .."just a minor detail but that could be the difference" so it's not minor then is it !
And if I hear Bruce say "that was Carey like" once more im going to spew up ! He only says it when Carey is calling with him, talk about suck job .
My god he is terrible. Experts ?? Channel 7 is getting worse each week .

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 11:37 PM

Richmond 9th. St Kilda 8th.

Perfect. T&T make it happen please.

Sedat
26-05-2017, 11:42 PM
Richmond 9th. St Kilda 8th.

Perfect. T&T make it happen please.

And Norf 17th - nobody is touching Brisbane

Sedat
26-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Awesome kick into F50 by the Rising Star in the last couple of minutes. What would Caleb have done with that kick?

Remi Moses
26-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Surprised to see Sydney allow Hawthorn to play that short uncontested style . Been their trademark
Heeney's shank was significant, as it sucked the air out of Sydney .
Burgoyne turned back time , and losing those two rotations hurt Sydney

Twodogs
27-05-2017, 01:36 AM
It doesn't matter whether it's a mark or free kick. If the umpire thinks there is a delay in play, due to injury or the ball being knocked a distance away, they will signal time on. The shot clock person (which is not the timekeepers) will stop the 30 second clock on that signal and start it again when time off is signalled.

Last night, there was no need to signal time on, Dixon wasn't injured, he was just tired and took a while to get up, which ate in to his 30 seconds.

PS - If there is a mark and free kick to the same player, a free kick will always be paid, because advantage can not be paid after a mark.

I've been meaning to ask about that for a while. Cheers.

I think they will get to 9. Probably finish 12th with that

Richmond please.

Lingy is impossible to listen to .. Firstly "Hawks have a young side" and they are the second oldest side this weekend.
Secondly .."just a minor detail but that could be the difference" so it's not minor then is it !
And if I hear Bruce say "that was Carey like" once more im going to spew up ! He only says it when Carey is calling with him, talk about suck job .
My god he is terrible. Experts ?? Channel 7 is getting worse each week .

He is the worst special comments guy I've ever heard. I can't think of anyone worse. Geoff Leek on the ABC maybe, he just said "Rubbish" and "hopeless" a lot. And Bruce going on about everybody being 'Carey like' when he's sitting next to him is plain weird.

soupman
27-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Bruce these last two weeks has sunk to a new level of cringeworthy. Has there ever been a commentator tat makes such a huge deal about almost plays or insignificant marks?

Last night Hodge took an intercept mark at the back of the square at the start of the last quarter and Bruce went off about it being a "critical mark" and "telling play" (or something along those lines.

As for Ling, well I said it recently but he is the worst person in the entire football media. Under researched, says nothing, and when he does try and say something it's often poorly phrased (see his comments to martin about feeling that the side in front at the end would win), and incredibly and obviously biased.

Daisy Pearce took his spot on the Geelong match and was fantastic. Concise, clear and informative and her comments were about the game not fanboying over ex teammates.

Topdog
27-05-2017, 09:41 AM

Just so incredibly under prepared (researched) for each game. Its staggering that he can do it so consistently.

Twodogs
27-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Just so incredibly under prepared (researched) for each game. Its staggering that he can do it so consistently.

I'll bet that 7 are regretting whatever the length of the contract they signed him to is. Even if it's just this year it means they have to make a call on replacing him and braking up the "commentry team" or continue on fouling up a product they have payed billions for.

They must have given him a trial. Did they not notice that he yells rather than talks, that he has no idea about communicating football ideas or even understand what he's talking about and that he has a very annoying personality trait (he's a wanker). How did all that get past them?

jeemak
28-05-2017, 06:41 AM
I'll bet that 7 are regretting whatever the length of the contract they signed him to is. Even if it's just this year it means they have to make a call on replacing him and braking up the "commentry team" or continue on fouling up a product they have payed billions for.

They must have given him a trial. Did they not notice that he yells rather than talks, that he has no idea about communicating football ideas or even understand what he's talking about and that he has a very annoying personality trait (he's a wanker). How did all that get past them?

Everything that is wrong with AFL coverage can be pinned down to society being extremely dull and full of brain dead idiots. We're in a bit of an echo chamber on Woof, what we all think is second rate or substandard, is actually what a large portion of the football watching public wants to see.

I don't know why they want to see it, they just do.

Remi Moses
28-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Bit like what they dish up on the box .
Ling just shits me, and reckon Daisy Pierce is a lot better option .
As for Basil..... :mad:

bornadog
28-05-2017, 10:25 AM
I can't believe Adelaide had 43 shots at goal. Freo were woeful.

westdog54
28-05-2017, 11:32 AM
I was fortunate enough to take the family to Dreamtime at the G last night, courtesy of the Bacchus Marsh Golf Club.

The Dreamtime ceremony was fantastic and I'm glad the kids got to experience it.

It was actually a pretty good game to watch. We left at 3qt because the kids were knackered and we didn't want to get caught up in the crowd.

Richmond's decision making going forward is *!*!*!*!ing terrible at times.

I'll never understand why Essendon is persisting with Cale Hooker as a forward. He actually managed to land both the 1-vote and 3-votes in Triple M's worst on ground, as Nathan Brown's assessment of him was that he was so bad he deserved four votes. Everything he touched turned to poo.

bornadog
28-05-2017, 08:00 PM
The skill level of GWS is outstanding. ( I hate to say )

Flamethrower
28-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Loving the majority of the indigenous guernseys. Many look better than the regular ones, like Richmonds, West Coasts and the Giants ones.

comrade
28-05-2017, 08:22 PM
If Toby Greene wasn't such a ****, I'd almost like watching him play.

Remi Moses
28-05-2017, 08:55 PM
What a goal that was along the boundary .
Josh Kennedy also went down with what looked like a serious injury.
Painful to type,but that was a great win by the plastics

macca
28-05-2017, 09:05 PM
HAppy plastics to win keeps the eagles out of the four . The more they lose at home the harder it is for them. Good weekend Wife Th results falling out way we are now in the TOP 4. Richmond was the only other team was hoping would get rolled but hey it's Richmond they will threaten to finish 9th this year

Sedat
28-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Powerful statement by GWS with 10 first choice players on the sidelines. They are the team to beat this year.

Carlton are one of the most honest teams going around. They will be a very good team in 2019 and beyond - shattered they got rid of Malthouse and replaced him with an excellent coach.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Powerful statement by GWS with 10 first choice players on the sidelines. They are the team to beat this year.

Carlton are one of the most honest teams going around. They will be a very good team in 2019 and beyond - shattered they got rid of Malthouse and replaced him with an excellent coach.

Moreso when they can/want to dump Thomas and reallocate his $750,000 to a very good free agent when it suits them, to add in some talented experience around their kids. Plus Palmers wage. Add in Jaksch & Jones likely going this year, freeing up about $700,000. It will be interesting if the old style Carlton just go for Fyfe/Martin to boost the membership campaign, or copy us by quietly keep building, trading wisely, bank a couple of years unders of salary cap and then look to go all out when the list will benefit most for adding in quality players.

Sedat
28-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Moreso when they can/want to dump Thomas and reallocate his $750,000 to a very good free agent when it suits them, to add in some talented experience around their kids. Plus Palmers wage. Add in Jaksch & Jones likely going this year, freeing up about $700,000. It will be interesting if the old style Carlton just go for Fyfe/Martin to boost the membership campaign, or copy us by quietly keep building, trading wisely, bank a couple of years unders of salary cap and then look to go all out when the list will benefit most for adding in quality players.
I reckon Bolton and Silvagni want another lick at the top end of the ND this year and hold their FA fire for 12 months time. It's almost the perfect year for them this year - highly competitive and getting plenty games into the youth but not climbing up the ladder all that much. They will improve and quickly when their youth all hit the 40-60 game mark together.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2017, 11:10 PM
I reckon Bolton and Silvagni want another lick at the top end of the ND this year and hold their FA fire for 12 months time. It's almost the perfect year for them this year - highly competitive and getting plenty games into the youth but not climbing up the ladder all that much. They will improve and quickly when their youth all hit the 40-60 game mark together.

Just have to wonder how much the disaster that was the 2014 draft/trade will hurt them. No doubt they'll climb and go ok, but that 2014 period might come back to haunt them when their depth on the list is tested in and around future Septembers.