PDA

View Full Version : Best 22

Jeanette54
25-05-2017, 03:51 PM
So many times in various threads I read about the highly debated best 22; so I thought it about time it had a place of its own.

I would be very interested what fellow Woofers thought was our actual best 22, given both fitness and form

Or does our best 22 change with whoever our opposition might be.

Ozza
25-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Right now....if all are fit and in form.

B: Morris; Adams; Boyd
HB: Murphy; Wood; Johannisen
C: Hunter; Wallis; Macrae
HB: Picken; T.Boyd; Daniel
F: Dickson; Stringer; McLean
R: Roughead; Bontempelli; Dahlhaus
Int: Jong, Liberatore; Smith; Dunkey

You would hope that Williams, Webb, Dale, Redpath are pushing themselves right in there, unequivocally, towards the end of the season.

S Coast Simon
26-05-2017, 02:53 AM
Morris,Adams,Boyd
Murphy,Wood,JJ
Hunter,Wallace,Macrae
Picken,Cloke,Dahlhaus
Dickson,Toyd,Stringer
Roughead,Bont,Libba
Biggs,Jong,Daniel,McLean

Dunkley is a ripper. Can't wait to see him in two years time. Is a tough nut. Will give Clay Smith a run for his money soon
Smith sadly to slow at the moment he is a liability
Williams coming along nicely
Dale and Webb are showing a bit
Fletcher I love the guy but think he is to slow for the modern day backline and should be fighting for a berth in the forward line. He has great skills for a big fella
Redpath love the guy as well but the days of the big lumbering forward are long gone. He's a great target when nothing else is available but unfortunately for him and us he is to slow and can be rebounded off to easily
Cordy just needs to be patient. He is the perfect choice to be named junior. As in jr glove
Crammers sadly done for the year and I think should definitely be resigned. In my opinion he has been a great pick up. We needed him when we got him. Merett would have been brilliant in hindsight but we needed a Crameri at the time
Hunychurch should go on a do well at another club. Unfortunately for him he is trying to break into a premiership team
Hamilton has beautiful skills but won't ever have the desperation needed to play AFL. Maybe if he hit the gym hard he could toughen up enough
Cambell is a trier but I think is a great VFL player the modern game is more suited for Paddy Rider. Would love to have him leaping around for the Bont and Libba to rove to
English. Refer to above. Can't wait for a few years to see what he can become. This aside I wish we could find Nic Nats twin brother where ever he is. What did happen to our Fiji experiment
the new recruits from all reports are a skilful bunch and should come along nicely

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Roarke, Crameri & Dunkley are on the LTI list. So if it was a Sunday game, selected on a Thursday with a longer bench;

B: Morris; Adams; Williams
HB: Picken; Stringer; Daniel
F: Dickson; Tom Boyd; McLean
Int From: Jong, Liberatore; Suckling, English, Cloke, Dale, Smith, Cordy, Biggs

A lot coming back from serious injury makes it harder (Roughy, Morris, Cloke, Dickson, Wallis) about the best 22 right now. As does form of good players in average form.

Ozza
26-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Roarke, Crameri & Dunkley are on the LTI list. So if it was a Sunday game, selected on a Thursday with a longer bench;

HB: Picken; Stringer; Daniel
F: Dickson; Tom Boyd; McLean
Int From: Jong, Liberatore; Suckling, English, Cloke, Dale, Smith, Cordy, Biggs

A lot coming back from serious injury makes it harder (Roughy, Morris, Cloke, Dickson, Wallis) about the best 22 right now. As does form of good players in average form.

Come on BT....its best 22, not 27....no fence sitting!

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Come on BT....its best 22, not 27....no fence sitting!

Depending on match ups:

Int: Jong, Liberatore, Suckling, English
Emerg: Cloke, Dale, Cordy, Biggs

bornadog
26-05-2017, 01:20 PM
My Best 22

B: Morris; Adams; Biggs
HB: Murphy; Cordy; Wood
C: Johannisen; Wallis; Macrae
HB: Picken; Cloke; Hunter
F: Dickson; Tom Boyd; Stringer
Int Jong, Liberatore; McLean, Daniel

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 02:04 PM
My Best 22

HB: Murphy; Cordy; Wood
C: Johannisen; Wallis; Macrae
HB: Picken; Cloke; Hunter
F: Dickson; Tom Boyd; Stringer
Int Jong, Liberatore; McLean, Biggs

Williams in front of Boyd?

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Williams in front of Boyd?

Yep.

1eyedog
26-05-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure we've seen the last of Boyd this season. He's been poor no doubt and is in a bit of a form slump, like others. I hope he can have some sort of impact at the pointy end, would be nice for him to go out as a contributor. This is definitely his last year though.

Mantis
26-05-2017, 03:18 PM
If the MC have no idea of how this looks what chance do we have?

bulldogtragic
26-05-2017, 03:20 PM
If the MC have no idea of how this looks what chance do we have?

Touché.

jeemak
27-05-2017, 02:53 AM
No Daniel BAD?

jeemak
27-05-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm holding off until I see Tim English play a few games.

Just like Nic Nat I expect there to be an horrendous amount of slow motion clips of him almost getting a tap out and almost taking a mark over the first few weeks of his career, after that he will really be at the forefront of AFL stardom candidates........... :)

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing him play, on top of Roughead putting a few games together. The mix of Toyd, Roughead, Cloke , Redpath and English has massive implications for our best 22. Depending on who's fit and available, our structure changes significantly.

bornadog
27-05-2017, 10:12 AM
No Daniel BAD?

missed him J, :mad:now I have to think who misses.

bornadog
27-05-2017, 10:14 AM
No Daniel BAD?

missed him J, :mad:now I have to think who misses.

Ok Jeemak, Biggs to back pocket, Williams out and Daniel in.:)

Thanks for picking that up, it is bloody hard if the assumption is no injuries and all playing to their ability.