Gold Coast v West Coast Metricon Stadium 1.45pm

GWS v Essendon Spotless Stadium 4.35pm

North Melbourne v Richmond Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Sunday June 4

Fremantle v Collingwood Domain Stadium 4.40pm

Byes: Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs

bulldogtragic
01-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Hawthorn could have at least tried to look after us, Port will take 4th off us, now with the same games played. 41-0- is flattering Hawthorn, that was 60-0 quarter based on intensity.

jeemak
01-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Where do you get average age and games breakdown for each team for the round from?

westdog54
01-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Where do you get average age and games breakdown for each team for the round from?

www.afltables.com is a good resource but you'll have to wait until full time

Remi Moses
01-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Hawthorn truck loads of oldies and a heap of kids .
Gotta love seeing them get belted . Clarkson might be arrsested tonight .

Bulldog4life
01-06-2017, 11:05 PM
JMac in crowd watching game. Wonder who he is checking out?

Doc26
01-06-2017, 11:11 PM
JMac just spotted by himself in the crowd watching the Port v Hawks game. Who does he have his eye on amongst this group? Pittard, Trengove, Hombsch, Young, Ebert, Sicily?

Edit: apologies Bulldogs4Life, just saw your identical post after searching some of the out of contract players from these two sides that could be targets.

Topdog
01-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Absolute mauling. Hawks embarrassed again

bornadog
01-06-2017, 11:50 PM

Port Adelaide
Attribute
Hawthorn

188.2cm
Height
187.7cm

87.7kg
Weight
87.4kg

25yr 5mth

Games

Total Players By Games

Less than 50

50 to 99

100 to 149

150 or more

bornadog
01-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Hawks have received some real beltings this season.

Cats and Suns both by 86, Saints 75, and Port 51

Remi Moses
02-06-2017, 12:00 AM
JMac in crowd watching game. Wonder who he is checking out?

Vickery

jeemak
02-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Port Adelaide
Attribute
Hawthorn

188.2cm
Height
187.7cm

87.7kg
Weight
87.4kg

25yr 5mth

Games

Total Players By Games

Less than 50

50 to 99

100 to 149

150 or more

You're a legend.

Bulldog4life
02-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Vickery

Where is the don't like button?:)

Happy Days
02-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Interesting that J-Mac was there last night, and I'm very intrigued as to why. Wouldn't have thought anyone that we'd want from either club would be particularly gettable.

Rocket Science
02-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Given he made the trek it might suggest the target of interest is from Port rather than Hawthorn.

Buggered if I can deduce any logical targets though. At least anyone they'd be prepared to send to a premiership rival.

Rather be completely wrong if it's Gunston.

soupman
02-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Haven't seen a lot of him but would someone like Jarman Impey have an interest for us? Could serve as the pacy small forward applying pressure. Pittard as a free agent is the other one I think might hold some interest for us.

comrade
02-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Haven't seen a lot of him but would someone like Jarman Impey have an interest for us? Could serve as the pacy small forward applying pressure. Pittard as a free agent is the other one I think might hold some interest for us.

I'm an Impey fan.

Bulldog4life
02-06-2017, 07:56 PM

Maybe Pittard if we lose JJ would be on JMac's radar.

Bulldog4life
02-06-2017, 08:07 PM
JMac just spotted by himself in the crowd watching the Port v Hawks game. Who does he have his eye on amongst this group? Pittard, Trengove, Hombsch, Young, Ebert, Sicily?

Edit: apologies Bulldogs4Life, just saw your identical post after searching some of the out of contract players from these two sides that could be targets.

I hope it was Gunston Doc

bulldogtragic
02-06-2017, 08:26 PM

Me too, not sure what he would need to see though on such a long serving player. Gunston is nothing in that team and won't be again as the rebuild will take longer than his best footy. In our set up for the rest of his career, he could recommence being the gun he has been for so long. He needs a few top liners to fall back to 3rd tall and a good midfield, which we can deliver.

Remi Moses
02-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Gee Gunston's been ordinary, but when a team slides some can't carry the extra load .

Doc26
02-06-2017, 08:35 PM

I didn't consider him in my list given he's contracted until 2019 I believe.

Tend to have to give up more to pry a player from his Club who's got some time to go in his contract i.e far less leverage.

I feel Hawthorn would be seeking more than what we should give up for him.

bulldogtragic
02-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Gee Gunston's been ordinary, but when a team slides some can't carry the extra load .

He's been targeted by oppositions, who have been able to use one of their best two defenders on him as well as having a lack of good supply with Mitchell & Lewis not putting it lace out to him. His overall career and especially finals numbers are exemplary, but that's with a good midfield and being the third tall with a dynamic group of different forwards around him. For him he can end his career at Hawthorn with a lesser record, or find another team where he can get the circumstances to thrive again. If he went to a Dogs, GWS, Adelaide or Port Adelaide he'd be so outstanding again it's scary. Which is why I want him and I don't want those other clubs to get him.

jeemak
02-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Selwood gets right in the back of his opponent first contest, play on.........

It's going to be one of those nights.

jeemak
02-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Second centre bounce, Selwood gets second possession and decides not to dispose of it and shrug the tackle. Not successful, disposes illegally, play on.

Rocket Science
02-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Jeezus watching the Cats is so eye-wateringly galling.

Flamethrower
02-06-2017, 09:23 PM
I thought the rugby league was at AAMI Park earlier today - watching the Cats throw the ball around is like watching a Cooper Cronk or Johnathan Thurston highlights tape.

bulldogtragic
02-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Second centre bounce, Selwood gets second possession and decides not to dispose of it and shrug the tackle. Not successful, disposes illegally, play on.

Whose the poster that's been making those highlight videos? If anyone knows him, can you ask him to please create a Selwood no frees/dodgy frees highlight video? I'd almost think of going onto Facebook just to help it go 'viral' and then maybe see some actual application of the rules applied to him.

macca
02-06-2017, 09:45 PM
I woild Send the selwod video to the afl and ask them if they are able to apply the rules consistently and fair to all the players?

Why does selwood get so spppppeciial treatment ?

bulldogtragic
02-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Hawkin's lays a huge jumper punch, 2m from an umpire and nothing??

I suppose Selwood ducked to get a free and we can't deny his a score involvement.

bulldogtragic
02-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Was the $100,000,000 for the grandstand or for buying off the umpires towards another premiership?

Remi Moses
02-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Geelong all over them , and crows can't get their game going .
Coward effort from Hawkins

jeemak
02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm happy for the fawning and publicity to be on a few teams who will in all likelihood finish two games clear of us on the ladder even if we play well for the remainder of the year. Two or three less wins don't mean much to AFL teams, but they mean a lot to the media.

It will be interesting to see if the amazing Geelong form will carry into games not played at their home ground.

ledge
02-06-2017, 10:52 PM
How bad is the commentary now ? Bruce, Ling and Carey wow ! Could you get anymore bias and self indulgent ? They must have all said "great call" to each other 50 times.

Remi Moses
02-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Apparently Lingy loves the cats !
Hmmmm, never have guessed . Some paint brush left on the ground , or something BT was banging on about .
Crows were just murdered around the contest, and I've got my doubts on their flag favouritism

jeemak
02-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Apparently Lingy loves the cats !
Hmmmm, never have guessed . Some paint brush left on the ground , or something BT was banging on about .
Crows were just murdered around the contest, and I've got my doubts on their flag favouritism

As I said above, happy for everyone to fawn over anyone but us. GWS is the real deal, Geelong is scratchy away from home as is Adelaide. If we can find ourselves in the mix with these three teams at the end of the home and away season and we're healthy we'll be a great chance.

It seems this is one of those years where the quality of the competition is even and pretty good, but there's no real standout to the half way mark that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Presently we're the only club in the league that has won a premiership without being a real standout in recent times. That comforts me.

westdog54
03-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Geelong all over them , and crows can't get their game going .
Coward effort from Hawkins

On the standard being set this season so far he won't be suspended. Very little force and only just clipped his chin.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2017, 02:12 PM
On the standard being set this season so far he won't be suspended. Very little force and only just clipped his chin.

With the umpire 2 metres away looking at it, he probably gets off because he didn't even pay a free kick.

On the other hand, how the hell did the umpire not pay a free kick?!?

Happy Days
03-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Watching the Suns game now and I'm certain that I have no interest in us picking up Ablett. He just hangs around the outside of contests now waiting for someone to give him the ball, and refuses to play on anyone's terms but his own. It's infuriating to watch.

1eyedog
03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Watching the Suns game now and I'm certain that I have no interest in us picking up Ablett. He just hangs around the outside of contests now waiting for someone to give him the ball, and refuses to play on anyone's terms but his own. It's infuriating to watch.

He's not required in the middle with us. I'd give him 2 years and plonk him in a forward pocket and get a big bucket of popcorn.

Happy Days
03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
He's not required in the middle with us. I'd give him 2 years and plonk him in a forward pocket and get a big bucket of popcorn.

But what if someone else has the ball and he has to tackle them? Don't think he'd be too interested.

Rocket Science
03-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Ablett appears to be in sulk-mode until he gets his wish, which isn't coming to us. A firm nothanks, it'd be Aker all over again, we're not that club any more.

Anyway, Suns look like they might do us a favour and knock the Eagles over.

Remi Moses
03-06-2017, 04:46 PM

Probably right , but the afl has to rid this rubbish

Twodogs
03-06-2017, 04:49 PM

Yes please

I'd have him. He can kick for a start.

I thought the rugby league was at AAMI Park earlier today - watching the Cats throw the ball around is like watching a Cooper Cronk or Johnathan Thurston highlights tape.

Cronk and Thurstons are both better kicks than most Geelong players.

I'm happy for the fawning and publicity to be on a few teams who will in all likelihood finish two games clear of us on the ladder even if we play well for the remainder of the year. Two or three less wins don't mean much to AFL teams, but they mean a lot to the media.

It will be interesting to see if the amazing Geelong form will carry into games not played at their home ground.

Yup.

How bad is the commentary now ? Bruce, Ling and Carey wow ! Could you get anymore bias and self indulgent ? They must have all said "great call" to each other 50 times.

And they ask each other questions and the first thing the answerer says is "great question". Every question can't be a great question.

You never hear them say "that's a weird question, Bruce!" or "'the way you are talking about Cyril is starting to make me feel uncomfortable Bruce" do they?

1eyedog
03-06-2017, 04:50 PM
But what if someone else has the ball and he has to tackle them? Don't think he'd be too interested.

Not a bad 3rd quarter

'Gary Ablett led from the front in the third term with 13 disposals at 85 per cent efficiency, four contested possessions, three inside 50s, two score assists. He has 31 disposals at 84 per cent efficiency and 12 contested possessions for the match'

bulldogtragic
03-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Not a bad 3rd quarter

'Gary Ablett led from the front in the third term with 13 disposals at 85 per cent efficiency, four contested possessions, three inside 50s, two score assists. He has 31 disposals at 84 per cent efficiency and 12 contested possessions for the match'

I could live with our players doing that. I'm not watching the game, but that sounds very impressive.

Happy Days
03-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Not a bad 3rd quarter

This is why you don't say things on the internet.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Watched the last 5 minutes, GAJ was good with the holding the ball free leading to the goal, and again in hitting up Wright.

Great result for us. Push WCE down, and hopefully finish ahead of North to give us a tiny better upgrade.

jeemak
03-06-2017, 05:21 PM
GCS won that by accident. All of their efforts seemed to be focused on losing that game. Their skill level is deplorable, some of the errors by hand and foot were just insane.

WCE look impotent without Kennedy.

Topdog
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Ablett leads the league in i50s per game this season, gets 12 contested possessions a game, 5.5 tackles and a goal assist every game. He is still going AOK.

macca
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
For geelong there is always an exception to the rules

macca
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
For geelong there is always an exception to the rules , Hawkins won't even get a fine

Topdog
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Wouldn't mind North winning tonight.

Remi Moses
03-06-2017, 05:46 PM
West Coast's lack of urgency was telling . Josh Hill, not only is he getting a game, he's still on their list

Happy Days
03-06-2017, 06:21 PM
West Coast's lack of urgency was telling . Josh Hill, not only is he getting a game, he's still on their list

Best bit about the game was that Josh Hill had no problem kicking 2 goals from the back of the square in the last, but couldn't make the distance from 40m to win it.

Eagles fans must be disgusted in themselves turning up every week and having to "support" the likes of Hill, Le Cras and Darling. Pitiful downhill skiers the lot of them.

Remi Moses
03-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Josh Kelly killing it for GWS . Paul Roos ( the saviour, he'll tell you ) stuffed up trading that pick.

Rocket Science
03-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Wouldn't mind North winning tonight.

It's win-win. Either Richmond gets cruelled again or spud head Scott loses another close one.

Grab the popcorn.

jeemak
03-06-2017, 10:14 PM
It's like the Kangaroos had a couple of cheeky dry martinis at half time. Their decision making is impaired.

aker39
04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Best bit about the game was that Josh Hill had no problem kicking 2 goals from the back of the square in the last, but couldn't make the distance from 40m to win it.

Eagles fans must be disgusted in themselves turning up every week and having to "support" the likes of Hill, Le Cras and Darling. Pitiful downhill skiers the lot of them.

Finey just had a go at Josh Hill. Mentioned how he kicked 2 Joe the goose goals over the top but when he had the chance to finish the game, he couldn't.
Said he was surprised West Coast are still playing him.

Twodogs
04-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Finey just had a go at Josh Hill. Mentioned how he kicked 2 Joe the goose goals over the top but when he had the chance to finish the game, he couldn't.
Said he was surprised West Coast are still playing him.

We should send Finey a link to the eker thread.

ratsmac
04-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Watching the Freo Collingwood match and my inner hatred of Collingwood wants Freo to win bit we need Collingwood to win to maintain ladder position. I'm torn.

Sedat
04-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Is Taberner the worst player on the comp? Can't think of anyone else quite as useless.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Is Taberner the worst player on the comp? Can't think of anyone else quite as useless.

Liam Jones says Hi.

Sedat
04-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Liam Jones says Hi.
Todd Elton in the frame as well. Detecting a theme here - the shit useless 2nd tall forward.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Maybe Buckley eck's another year as coach???

Remi Moses
04-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Good win by the pies , and freo have hit the wall .
Pies dominated and should have won by more , and Wells looking like money well sprnt:rolleyes:

Sedat
04-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Maybe Buckley eck's another year as coach???
To be fair he coached the pants off Ross Lyon today - they sliced through the Freo press with monotonous regularity and ease.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2017, 09:22 PM
To be fair he coached the pants off Ross Lyon today - they sliced through the Freo press with monotonous regularity and ease.
It would be a great eck considering he was all but sacked at 1/2 time against the Hawks.

Twodogs
04-06-2017, 10:07 PM

Liam Jones says Hi.

Todd Elton in the frame as well. Detecting a theme here - the shit useless 2nd tall forward.

Ty Vickery is waving. Then he dropped a simple chest mark and fell over in the ensuing contest.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Ty Vickery is waving. Then he dropped a simple chest mark and fell over in the ensuing contest.

To be fair, the $1,000,000 Hawthorn gave him has impacted his wallet, and now he's got a problem in his running gait from carrying all that cash. Not a problem for Lewis or Mitchell though.

Broadly, it's interesting that there's only two teams over 117.7% currently. Last year it seemed a lot more teams at this point in time.

Twodogs
04-06-2017, 11:22 PM
To be fair, the $1,000,000 Hawthorn gave him has impacted his wallet, and now he's got a problem in his running gait from carrying all that cash. Not a problem for Lewis or Mitchell though.

Broadly, it's interesting that there's only two teams over 117.7% currently. Last year it seemed a lot more teams at this point in time.

They have all those premiership medals to weigh them down.

hujsh
05-06-2017, 12:02 AM

Last year the bottom teams were much worse (EG Essendon) so plenty of clubs could fill their boots. This year everyone is a chance to win if you're off and they're on. Hell the bottom 4 has Sydney, Hawthorn and Carlton who I didn't think were as low as they are.

divvydan
05-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Given he made the trek it might suggest the target of interest is from Port rather than Hawthorn.

Buggered if I can deduce any logical targets though. At least anyone they'd be prepared to send to a premiership rival.

Rather be completely wrong if it's Gunston.

It could be that he was in SA for the weekend watching/interviewing kids and took the opportunity to catch the game and generally look at some players rather than going specifically for that game.

Mantis
05-06-2017, 11:23 AM
It could be that he was in SA for the weekend watching/interviewing kids and took the opportunity to catch the game and generally look at some players rather than going specifically for that game.

Not sure on who does what, but would think the watching & interviewing of kids would be work for the recruiting team (Dalrymple & co.) whereas the list manager (JMac) would be looking at already established players.

Twodogs
05-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Not sure on who does what, but would think the watching & interviewing of kids would be work for the recruiting team (Dalrymple & co.) whereas the list manager (JMac) would be looking at already established players.

That's what I would have thought too. Jmac would have been there watching established players, hopefully one of them was Jackson Trengove.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 06:44 PM
With the umpire 2 metres away looking at it, he probably gets off because he didn't even pay a free kick.

On the other hand, how the hell did the umpire not pay a free kick?!?

Got offered 1 week suspension. But no free kick from the umpire 2m away...

That should be the actual investigation.