PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 19, 2017 vs Essendon

Eastdog
03-06-2017, 09:50 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 19, 2017 match against Essendon at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
22-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Ins/Outs:

Webb - Honeychurch (Webby BOG today, Honey not doing enough as a mid or a forward)
Cloke - Morris (Morris injured, Wood moved into defence and Cloke up forward)
Suckling - M. Boyd (Suckling is a net negative right now)

Bulldog4life
22-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Ins/Outs:

Webb - Honeychurch (Webby BOG today, Honey not doing enough as a mid or a forward)
Cloke - Morris (Morris injured, Wood moved into defence and Cloke up forward)
Suckling - M. Boyd (Suckling is a net negative right now)

Gee you are a bit rough on Honey BT. Thought he played well. Better than Libba if you want to drop someone. One change for me is Morris out.

chef
22-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Not sure I'd have Cloke and Redpath in the same team either.

Go_Dogs
22-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Out - Morris
In - Dickson

Wood to spend more time in the back half than he did today.

always right
22-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Against a lightening quick Essendon......
In: Dickson, Webb
Out: Morris, Libba

The Underdog
22-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Against a lightening quick Essendon......
In: Dickson, Webb
Out: Morris, Libba

Their speed and height is going to be an issue

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Gee you are a bit rough on Honey BT. Thought he played well. Better than Libba if you want to drop someone. One change for me is Morris out.

To me, if he's a small forward he needs to score goals. 1.8 this year tells me he's not effective. If he's a midfielder, he needs to be racking up bigger numbers and not making the mistakes he is. Or he's neither. The question is if he's a forward is he better than Dickson, or if he's a midfielder is he better than say Webb? I think both are better are players, and make the team better. I actually think he's getting some unfounded support akin to a 'participation ribbon'. I just don't see how he's holding a spot in our best 22. According to the stats and watching, he's a mid level accumulating midfielder who is not clean by disposal and who isn't kicking goals either. If he's best 22, then we are in trouble to my view.

always right
22-07-2017, 08:42 PM
He's a small forward who is clearly being judged on various measures of which goals is one of them but not the major one. His fowardline pressure has been excellent the last couple of weeks. TBH...when Dickson was playing we were getting neither goals or pressure.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 08:59 PM
He's a small forward who is clearly being judged on various measures of which goals is one of them but not the major one. His fowardline pressure has been excellent the last couple of weeks. TBH...when Dickson was playing we were getting neither goals or pressure.

Clearly the MC rate his output higher. A forward with the games he's had should have kicked more than 1 goal. And I just don't see the balance of his contribution meaning he should be playing next week. If Cloke had kicked 1.8 in 4 weeks I'd say the WO would've been burned down. It just seems the standards applied to younger players over the past couple of years, Hrovat, Webb, Dale, Tutt, Jones etc. was you needed to do something well and consistently. He's not playing midfield overly well, he's not playing forward well and he's not consistently reaching a standard that's been applied to others.

If he's best 22, based on the last month, then we are in strife. But that's just my take.

josie
22-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Webb and Dickson for Suckling
And Morris

If Red is suspended for jumper punch Cloke in

bornadog
22-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Not sure why posters want Suckling out. One bad clanger, 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, 8 inside 50s.

LostDoggy
22-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Not sure why posters want Suckling out. One bad clanger, 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, 8 inside 50s.

He is the anti-dog.

LostDoggy
22-07-2017, 11:07 PM
I think red is going to go so Cloke
Probably Webb for Morris

I kind of liked woody having a turn up forward.

Bulldog4life
22-07-2017, 11:10 PM
I think red is going to go so Cloke
Probably Webb for Morris

I kind of liked woody having a turn up forward.

Red won't go. 18 possies 11 marks

bornadog
22-07-2017, 11:11 PM

The MRP won't care about his stats. ;)

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 11:14 PM
The MRP won't care about his stats. ;)

Just the number of (jumper) punches that actually landed. :D

Each year when he's on the cusp of putting good form together, he does something suspendably dumb like his kneeing suspension last year.

bornadog
22-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Just the number of (jumper) punches that actually landed. :D

Each year when he's on the cusp of putting good form together, he does something suspendably dumb like his kneeing suspension last year.

Stood up for Picken, but that wild punch, let's hope it didn't connect.

jeemak
22-07-2017, 11:17 PM
It's funny the AFL tribunal system, it rarely seems to punish the party deserving of punishment.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 11:19 PM
It's funny the AFL tribunal system, it rarely seems to punish the party deserving of punishment.

Add umpires to that too. Bugg knocks a bloke out, then takes a dive and gets a reversal free.

LostDoggy
22-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Yeah, i was more referring to the fist square on the chin.

Rocco Jones
22-07-2017, 11:39 PM
I get our fans don't like Suckling but he has had his best two games of the season the last two weeks.

Do we bring in Fletch to combat Essendon's talls? I think Fletch has confidence issues at AFL level. When playing VFL he seems so much more confident to mark the ball. I know they are different levels but even the intent and cleanness when he has time. He seems to have a lot more inferred pressured just being at the higher level. I think he is good enough to warrant a spot in our side with Morris out but the MC really have to suss out if he is up to it mentally.

I would like to see Cloke in even if Red isn't suspended. Might put a bit more pressure on them down back with whoever Hurley doesn't take.

With the outs, obvious Moz.

I really like Williams long term but I worry about him in a contest/under pressure at the moment. Think he will grow out of it and is an exciting prospect, just in terms of weekly winning grind to make the 8....

boydogs
23-07-2017, 12:04 AM

He is gifted half of his disposals as he plays like a designated kicker. When we have the ball around 80m out and the opposition has flooded back, players look for Suckling to be the one to deliver it inside 50

That's his role, if someone else is better at it then great, but you can't look at his stat count and say he can't be dropped because he gets it a lot

macca
23-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Saw the North Versus Essendon game , and Hooker had a free reign in the last quarter. Not sure what happened with the instructions given by north players defense, but he kicked a couple in the last quarter. And rubbed it in and got physical with the young north defender after each goal. He had an ordinary day until then. He has a crap kicking action.

Stewart, Hooker, and Daniher, thats a fair few talls.

Essendon over ran a tired but young north side. The dons are ripe to be beaten next week, with their false confidence so high.

Hotdog60
23-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Suckling needs to be judged on how many goals he gives the opposition.
I think I would prefer him further up the ground say wing high half forward and keep out of the back line.

westbulldog
23-07-2017, 12:37 PM
The way the MRP operate their lottery they are quite likely to suspend Caleb, having mistaken him for Redpath.

Sedat
23-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Melbourne travelled back to Darwin off a 7 day break and took care of Port. We have 8 days to come up for Essendope - no excuses whatsoever.

Having said that, Melbourne made multiple changes to freshen up the team and we should do the same. I would be resting at least a couple of mid sized players who might be carrying a niggle to ensure we can run out next week for the full 4 quarters.

Go_Dogs
23-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Melbourne travelled back to Darwin off a 7 day break and took care of Port. We have 8 days to come up for Essendope - no excuses whatsoever.

Having said that, Melbourne made multiple changes to freshen up the team and we should do the same. I would be resting at least a couple of mid sized players who might be carrying a niggle to ensure we can run out next week for the full 4 quarters.

Good observation. Having players who are moving well will be super important so perhaps a few changes to err on the side of caution do happen.

kruder
23-07-2017, 03:42 PM
In Cloke Roberts

Out Wlliams Morris

I still think we need to be able to have a tall forward at all times, I like playing Redpath deep hence Cloke to come in and provide relief ruck for Roughead(lucky to be in the side atm). Id go Roberts over Collins purely for experience with Young already in the back six.

I still don't think Honey is AFL standard but by the sounds of it he played ok hence cant see Bevo dropping him. I'd play Dickson/Webb in his spot.

bornadog
23-07-2017, 03:49 PM
I'd play Dickson/Webb in his spot.

It is a shame Dickson had to travel to Cairns. I still think he needs a couple of more games in the VFL to get his confidence back up and find some form. Webb surely has done enough to get a gig.

josie
23-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Suckling needs to be judged on how many goals he gives the opposition.
I think I would prefer him further up the ground say wing high half forward and keep out of the back line.

Beautifully said Hotdog. I think Suckling is often atrocious one in one. He also has tendency to go for the very difficult when players like Cordy who are not as flash are imo more effective in actually ensuring one of players has a fair chance of receiving one of his passes. One of the most unbulldoglike players I can recall. Also he has missed an awful lot of those bombs towards goal this year. I hope he turns this around as it sure is a good weapon. Much prefer Webb to be getting games instead however in the mc we trust. Watching Webb in vfl he really does have beautiful disposal and given a decent run I think he might make it (hopefully as a dog)....

Rocco Jones
23-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Really depends on who is sore. 'Resting' a sore gun will hurt the side more than it will freshen it up as our depth isn't great at the moment. However, if a player at the peripheral of the side like Honeychurch, Williams or Libba is 'sore', rest them.

Another option is going a bit taller. Easier for a KP to have bigger time on ground minutes and has flow on affect of a style that needs a little less run.

boydogs
23-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Really depends on who is sore. 'Resting' a sore gun will hurt the side more than it will freshen it up as our depth isn't great at the moment. However, if a player at the peripheral of the side like Honeychurch, Williams or Libba is 'sore', rest them

Bonts looked buggered, maybe from having to play 2nd ruck last week. Had a Daniel Cross moment where he was overtaken chasing the ball down. Hopefully he'll be right again by next Sunday

jeemak
24-07-2017, 12:28 AM
I have a theory, it's about fitness.

Personal view is we're a lot fitter than we have been prior to the WCE game and we're building to a level suited to back end of the season after a slow start.

Hope the timing's right, if it is we'll be in the van.

Bullies
24-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I get our fans don't like Suckling but he has had his best two games of the season the last two weeks.

Do we bring in Fletch to combat Essendon's talls? I think Fletch has confidence issues at AFL level. When playing VFL he seems so much more confident to mark the ball. I know they are different levels but even the intent and cleanness when he has time. He seems to have a lot more inferred pressured just being at the higher level. I think he is good enough to warrant a spot in our side with Morris out but the MC really have to suss out if he is up to it mentally.

I would like to see Cloke in even if Red isn't suspended. Might put a bit more pressure on them down back with whoever Hurley doesn't take.

With the outs, obvious Moz.

I really like Williams long term but I worry about him in a contest/under pressure at the moment. Think he will grow out of it and is an exciting prospect, just in terms of weekly winning grind to make the 8.... I agree we need to start playing Roberts. He is the future and with Morris out no better time to start. Bombers are big up forward and he will need to play on Hooker.

Bullies
24-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I have a theory, it's about fitness.

Personal view is we're a lot fitter than we have been prior to the WCE game and we're building to a level suited to back end of the season after a slow start.

Hope the timing's right, if it is we'll be in the van. I think Saturday was more about Gold Coast having young players not ready for AFL and are cooked at this time of year. I hope you are right about us being fit at the right time of year but Gold Coast are playing guys who shouldn't be out there.

always right
24-07-2017, 11:03 AM
I think Carlton getting flogged by Brisbane (don't get carried away by their third quarter comeback) puts our win over them in perspective. Then we beat an undermanned uncompetitive Gold Coast.

Pleased with getting the wins on the board but this week will be the true test as to whether we are back on track.

aker39
24-07-2017, 11:47 AM
AFL.com reporter on SEN thinks Redpath will get a week.

He also thinks Hooker will get a week.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 12:21 PM
I think Carlton getting flogged by Brisbane (don't get carried away by their third quarter comeback) puts our win over them in perspective. Then we beat an undermanned uncompetitive Gold Coast.

Pleased with getting the wins on the board but this week will be the true test as to whether we are back on track.

Teams very rarely play well the week after playing us.
A young team like Carlton are always going to have the odd very-bad performance like they did yesterday.
This season, more than any other before, has shown that you can't really take formlines through one team beating another - Carlton losing to Brisbane has nothing to do with us. St.Kilda flogged Richmond, and then came out and got flogged by Essendon - who had lost to Brisbane at home - and then Richmond beats GWS.....'AFL Math' doesn't work this season.

comrade
24-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Gut feel is we're going to get a decent touch up this week.

IN: Matty Boyd, Cloke, Webb
OUT: Morris, Redpath (suspended), Suckling

bornadog
24-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Gut feel is we're going to get a decent touch up this week.

IN: Matty Boyd, Cloke, Webb
OUT: Morris, Redpath (suspended), Suckling

It is one thing to hate a player, but this is not realistic and won't happen.

comrade
24-07-2017, 01:27 PM
It is one thing to hate a player, but this is not realistic and won't happen.

May not happen, but it should.

MrMahatma
24-07-2017, 02:00 PM
May not happen, but it should.

I think we need to keep the good users in as much as possible. Suckling is a good user.

Get the ball into Dale, Daniel, Murphy, , Suckling, Bont's hands.

Jeanette54
24-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Just on Saturday's form, I thought Redpath was excellent in his lead up role, against the wind. This was always a strong part of Cloke's game for the Magpies, often racking up good stats a long way from goal. Also I have the feeling that Honeychurch is starting to turn the corner where his game is concerned. Hopefully he will draw some more confidence from the last two weeks performances. He might have had some horrors with his accuracy in his games, but you do have to actually get the ball to kick points. That is a plus for any potential forward.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 03:37 PM
I'd be hoping we can again go in with minimal changes. I think we benefitted from a stable line up. Ideally, Redpath only gets a fine, and therefore Morris as the only 'out'.

bornadog
24-07-2017, 03:53 PM
I'd be hoping we can again go in with minimal changes. I think we benefitted from a stable line up. Ideally, Redpath only gets a fine, and therefore Morris as the only 'out'.

Who would you bring in for Morris?

Ozza
24-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Who would you bring in for Morris?

I'll answer that once I know the outcome of Redpath and Hooker's respective MRP's!!

Doc26
24-07-2017, 04:04 PM
I'll answer that once I know the outcome of Redpath and Hooker's respective MRP's!!

Of course, Redpath gets one week and Hooker cleared.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Of course, Redpath gets one week and Hooker cleared.

I just read on twitter that Red gets a 'financial sanction'. Good result if true. Big Red was terrific on Saturday. Fancy a Bulldog tall forward taking 11 marks!!

EDIT: Scratch that - separate twitter post saying Red gets one week.....the financial sanction must have been for something separate.

Doc26
24-07-2017, 04:08 PM
I just read on twitter that Red gets a 'financial sanction'. Good result if true. Big Red was terrific on Saturday. Fancy a Bulldog tall forward taking 11 marks!!

That was only for the wrestling act on Lynch, not for the jumper punch unfortunately. Kind of feels like Double Jeopardy here for Red.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 04:15 PM
That was only for the wrestling act on Lynch, not for the jumper punch unfortunately. Kind of feels like Double Jeopardy here for Red.

Typical.

In that case - I guess Cloke has to come in. Probably inclined to bring in Fletcher Roberts given the size of Essendon's forward line.
But I suspect Bevo will resist the temptation and back us to go in small.

bornadog
24-07-2017, 04:37 PM
WE need Tommy Boyd back

Mantis
24-07-2017, 04:58 PM

EDIT: Scratch that - separate twitter post saying Red gets one week.....the financial sanction must have been for something separate.

You would taking 11 marks playing on Trent McKenzie.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 05:11 PM
You would taking 11 marks playing on Trent McKenzie.

Ahh come on Mantis - you've got to give Big Red some credit sometimes!! I know you're not a fan - but Red was good - including going back for small parts of the game.

Mantis
24-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Ahh come on Mantis - you've got to give Big Red some credit sometimes!! I know you're not a fan - but Red was good - including going back for small parts of the game.

Give me a spell.. He was playing on an under-sized opponent who was only playing because all there other decent defenders were out.. When Redpath can beat a decent opponent I'll give him credit, but I might have to wait a little while.

Doc26
24-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Apparently Clay has also been offered a one match sanction by the VFL.

Ozza
24-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Give me a spell.. He was playing on an under-sized opponent who was only playing because all there other decent defenders were out.. When Redpath can beat a decent opponent I'll give him credit, but I might have to wait a little while.

Name another forward that has taken double figures in marks on our list this season? Red has done it twice, and took 9 marks another time.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2017, 05:25 PM

Unfortunately we have 3 whipping boys on this forum Ozza. Honey, Red and Suckers. Irrespective of how well they play.

Doc26
24-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately we have 3 whipping boys on this forum Ozza. Honey, Red and Suckers. Irrespective of how well they play.

And Fletch.

1eyedog
24-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Agreed. Brisbane were shite out of blokes over 190 who could play back.

1eyedog
24-07-2017, 05:48 PM

You would have to agree that all three are earnest triers. HC game on Saturday gave me some hope. He is working bloody hard at the moment and the MC will reward that.

bornadog
24-07-2017, 05:51 PM
You would have to agree that all three are earnest triers. HC game on Saturday gave me some hope. He is working bloody hard at the moment and the MC will reward that.

Nothing wrong with the way Suckers is playing as well. Yes he makes a few mistakes, but last time I looked, most footballers do.

1eyedog
24-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Nothing wrong with the way Suckers is playing as well. Yes he makes a few mistakes, but last time I looked, most footballers do.

Nothing wrong with it all BAD. He is what he is.

always right
24-07-2017, 06:04 PM

But you would think he would stop making the same ones.

As for those knocking Redpath, if he hadn't dominated McKenzie he would have deserved criticism......but he did.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2017, 06:18 PM

Agree all are triers which I like. I will support all players that pull on the red, white and blue jumper.

1eyedog
24-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Agree all are triers which I like. I will support all players that pull on the red, white and blue jumper.

Yeah me too but I like some more than others.

Remi Moses
24-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Disappointing from jack , and Cloke the obvious replacement .
In Cloke Roberts
Out Morris Redpath

jeemak
24-07-2017, 08:16 PM
But you would think he would stop making the same ones.

As for those knocking Redpath, if he hadn't dominated McKenzie he would have deserved criticism......but he did.

Apparently he should have super dominated him.

kruder
24-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Lets not play Redpath and kick it long to Honeychurch, Wallis, , Picken, Dahl while Bont rucks and Roughead is sitting on the the pine catching his breath. Might get that this week... :rolleyes:

bornadog
24-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Lets not play Redpath and kick it long to Honeychurch, Wallis, , Picken, Dahl while Bont rucks and Roughead is sitting on the the pine catching his breath. Might get that this week... :rolleyes:

You are right we won't be playing Redpath.

westbulldog
24-07-2017, 10:06 PM
In Webb
Out Morris

kruder
24-07-2017, 10:08 PM
You are right we won't be paying Redpath.

Excellent much prefer the above set up.

bornadog
24-07-2017, 10:10 PM
In Webb
Out Morris

Excellent much prefer the above set up.

You do realise Redpath is suspended. Cloke will come in to replace him.

kruder
24-07-2017, 10:14 PM
You do realise he is suspended. Cloke will come in to replace him.

lol yes thanks for that. I was making the point that Redpath will be missed one of the few natural forwards on our list.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Tend to think Cloke might be a better fit for us than Redpath.

I like Jack, but when the ball hits the ground he's noncompetitive. Cloke isn't much better, but he's a better mark and more importantly doesn't get out-marked as much as Jack.

OUT: Morris, Redpath
IN: Webb, Cloke.

- Yes, Essendon are tall and there is certainly a case for Roberts to play. However, is Roberts going to be the difference between winning and losing? Unlikely. Our best chance to beat Essendon is to beat them at ground level, so I prefer we go in with Webb than Roberts.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2017, 10:46 PM
On my post above, I think Dickson will be strongly considered.

Hasn't shown a great deal of form but given the importance of this week, we need some dangerous forward targets with Stringer out. Not sure who could be dropped for Dickson, I'd argue Honeychurch but I can't see it happening.

To be honest, Murphy is the one I'd drop but again - it won't happen.

Mantis
25-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Such an over-rated term.. Not sure where I signed up to be a fan-boy? If I and other posters want to critique players performances I think we are entitled to do so, as long as we do it the right way.

Name another forward that has taken double figures in marks on our list this season? Red has done it twice, and took 9 marks another time.

No one, but I look more at how Redpath performed against Carlton (terribly) than I do against GC.. If Redpath can perform & compete consistently against all opposition then I will give him the respect he deserves, not this means that much.

Mantis
25-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Having never won a game coming back from Cairns I wouldn't be opposed to make a few more changes than the norm to freshen up the team, not sure who, those inside the club will no more... my changes:

In - Cloke, Webb, Dickson

Out - Redpath, Morris, Wallis (rested - looked gassed late in the game)

Bulldog4life
25-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Such an over-rated term.. Not sure where I signed up to be a fan-boy? If I and other posters want to critique players performances I think we are entitled to do so, as long as we do it the right way.

No one, but I look more at how Redpath performed against Carlton (terribly) than I do against GC.. If Redpath can perform & compete consistently against all opposition then I will give him the respect he deserves, not this means that much.

You and any poster can critique away to your heart's content Mantis. I really do enjoy reading the various views. That is why I have been here for a very long time. However I do read regularly that a player should be dropped even though that player has played a good game from the week or weeks before. Usually it is the same posters potting the same players. I think the term whipping boy is appropriate and certainly not over-rated in this context. By the way I could go back years and there were always the whipping boys as you well know.

bornadog
25-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Redpath has accepted the one game suspension.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Travis Cloke come on down.

Sedat
25-07-2017, 05:02 PM
I hope we make it a hostile environment for those drug cheats this Sunday, both on and off the ground.

merantau
25-07-2017, 05:18 PM
You and any poster can critique away to your heart's content Mantis. I really do enjoy reading the various views. That is why I have been here for a very long time. However I do read regularly that a player should be dropped even though that player has played a good game from the week or weeks before. Usually it is the same posters potting the same players. I think the term whipping boy is appropriate and certainly not over-rated in this context. By the way I could go back years and there were always the whipping boys as you well know.

Almost worth its own thread: "(Not so) great whipping boys of the past."

Jeanette54
26-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Almost worth its own thread: "(Not so) great whipping boys of the past."

It certainly would be Merantau, and I could start with all those "promising full forwards" we recruited from the 1960's onward. Rod Coutts is one who comes to mind. He did turn into a serviceable player, but I think you could count his goals on the fingers of a woodcutter's left hand.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2017, 07:28 PM
It certainly would be Merantau, and I could start with all those "promising full forwards" we recruited from the 1960's onward. Rod Coutts is one who comes to mind. He did turn into a serviceable player, but I think you could count his goals on the fingers of a woodcutter's left hand.

Kicked 22 goals in 16 games. Left to go back to bush.

Go_Dogs
26-07-2017, 08:08 PM
How do we prevent Hurley crushing us? We need a forward who can halve a contest and bring the ball to ground which has me leaning towards playing Cordy forward.

In order to do that, we'll need 2 defenders to come in given Morris is out. Maybe that means Fletch in, Wood back and Dickson to play in the forward half?

westdog54
26-07-2017, 09:31 PM

"Sockeye Salmon's" dad used to say 'You're never truly washed up until you've played full-forward for Footscray".

Topdog
27-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Cloke must come in.

kruder
27-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Anyone getting a deceptive website warning when logging onto woof?

westdog54
27-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Anyone getting a deceptive website warning when logging onto woof?

Dedicated thread to this topic.

westdog54
27-07-2017, 07:52 PM
In: Cloke, Dickson, English, Webb, Roberts
Out: Morris, Redpath

Dickson named as a HFF, the others on an extended bench.

Go_Dogs
27-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Dickson in
Cloke, Roberts, Webb and English on the extended bench, with Williams, Daniel and HC.

bornadog
27-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Dickson in
Cloke, Roberts, Webb and English on the extended bench, with Williams, Daniel and HC.

I would like the bench to be:

Cloke, Roberts, Daniel, Williams

boydogs
27-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Surely Cloke plays, we've named Bonts at FF and Picken at CHF

One of Williams and Honey is getting dropped IMO - Cloke & Roberts in for Redpath & Morris, then Dickson starting on-field as well

azabob
28-07-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't think Roberts will play.

With Dickson playing and Cloke likely to play I think Wood will go back and Dickson forward.

bornadog
28-07-2017, 10:05 AM

With Dickson playing and Cloke likely to play I think Wood will go back and Dickson forward.

I think you are right, which means both Williams and HC play.

Mantis
28-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Young and Cordy for Daniher and Hooker? :eek:

Who takes Stewart?

I'm no Roberts fan, but if he was to play again this year, it might have to be this week.

Ozza
28-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Young and Cordy for Daniher and Hooker? :eek:

Who takes Stewart?

I'm no Roberts fan, but if he was to play again this year, it might have to be this week.

Going on past selection history - I would have thought Bevo will just send Wood to Stewart (I understand the massive height difference there) and back ourselves in going small as we've done against the likes of North in the past.

Axe Man
28-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Going on past selection history - I would have thought Bevo will just send Wood to Stewart (I understand the massive height difference there) and back ourselves in going small as we've done against the likes of North in the past.

Agreed. As a defender I doubt Roberts will be any better than Wood one on one, but Wood will obviously offer more in other areas.

Mantis
28-07-2017, 01:10 PM

I guess the concern is only having 2 very inexperienced defenders in Young & Cordy going with their 2 main forwards. I wouldn't mind having Young play a lesser role so he can zone off, but he will probably have his hands full.

Think we will play Biggs or Suckling 'tall' and allow Wood to be the floater.

Ozza
28-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I guess that has been the beauty of Dale Morris...he has been the back up plan for any tall forward getting out of control.
Morris being out, is enough for me to be nervous about their talls - and have Roberts come in and play on Hooker. I think Roberts would go well on Hooker - but am not expecting Bevo will go that way with selection.

azabob
28-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Final Changes

IN Cloke and Dickson
OUT Redpath and Morris

Rocket Science
28-07-2017, 06:37 PM
And afel.com reporting Hurley may be a late out ...

That won't hurt.

Remi Moses
28-07-2017, 07:09 PM
With that back half , we are going to have to dominate in the middle . Big responsibility on some inexperienced defenders

ratsmac
28-07-2017, 09:28 PM
With that back half , we are going to have to dominate in the middle . Big responsibility on some inexperienced defenders

Yep, it's time for Bevo's multi positions policy to pay dividends I think. The defenders will be under siege for much of the game and will need assistance as much as possible. Unless we are 10 goals up by quarter time :)

kruder
28-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Just watching the Hawks V Sydney first half the pressure is cracking,it just reaffirms to me how far we are off the pace this year. Hawks are playing a small backline and it just goes to show you how pressure up the field can really help out your defence. A good time to start would be Sunday, with an inexperienced backline we are going to need to bring the men of mayhem. No doubt its our last chance, we need a spark, a win on Sunday would really drive some belief in the group. We need it thats for sure...

G-Mo77
29-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Webb in for Honeychurch.

bulldogtragic
29-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Webb in for Honeychurch.

Injury?

Hotdog60
29-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Illness

jeemak
29-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Boyd called up as well.

azabob
29-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Boyd called up as well.

As an emergency.

bornadog
29-07-2017, 03:56 PM
As an emergency.

Yes ...

Eastdog
29-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Good luck to Lukas tomorrow. Hope it's a great return.

boydogs
29-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Boyd called up as well.

Matthew

bornadog
29-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Matthew

Yes....

Eastdog
29-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Matthew

Was speaking to my mate before and he said he wouldn't be surprised if he played.