PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 21, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Eastdog
03-06-2017, 09:54 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 21, 2017 match against GWS Giants at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
05-08-2017, 07:33 PM
A few coming back into contention and it's a huge game

bulldogtragic
05-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Ins:

JJ, Stringer, Collins

Outs:

Bob (rested for the game he played tonight), Clay Smith (we can cope with two KPFs, but his lack of speed and agility is too much), Wood (injured)

Topdog
05-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Hope that Wood can play next week. He didnt seem too disappointed so hopefully it was just tight and they were cautious.

jeemak
05-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Wood's injury is severe.

bornadog
05-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Out:

* Webb, 6 touches doesn't cut it at this level

* Wood, Injured

In:

* Stringer

* JJ

Hotdog60
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM
I have concerns about the plastics run out of defence. Can we have Cloke, Redpath and Smith in there.

Ozza
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM
I have concerns about the plastics run out of defence. Can we have Cloke, Redpath and Smith in there.

I don't think you have to worry about Smith being out there next week.

kruder
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Out:

* Webb, 6 touches doesn't cut it at this level

* Wood, Injured

In:

* Stringer

* JJ

I'd back Webb in just like we did with honey after a poor performance. Finally looked likely last week forward then forced to play him in defence deserves another crack. Clay smith very lucky to be in the side this week.

bornadog
05-08-2017, 10:01 PM
I'd back Webb in just like we did with honey after a poor performance. Finally looked likely last week forward then forced to play him in defence deserves another crack. Clay smith very lucky to be in the side this week.

Webb has played 5 matches this year and other than 2 goals in the first quarter last week, has not impressed at all. I am starting to have my doubts about him. 4 games x 12 disposals and 6 today.

Happy to see the back of Clay as well for now, but not sure who comes in? Maybe Dickson if he has recovered.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Webb has played 5 matches this year and other than 2 goals in the first quarter last week, has not impressed at all. I am starting to have my doubts about him. 4 games x 12 disposals and 6 today.

Happy to see the back of Clay as well for now, but not sure who comes in? Maybe Dickson if he has recovered.

I dare say our defence is awfully short with Morris, Adams & Wood out. Young can play the intercepting role, but Cordy might need another big body in Collins (good form) or Roberts (experienced).

bornadog
05-08-2017, 10:05 PM
I dare say our defence is awfully short with Morris, Adams & Wood out. Young can play the intercepting role, but Cordy might need another big body in Collins (good form) or Roberts (experienced).

Yes, I can agree with that

boydogs
05-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Hopefully there are a few ready to come back in as there are some obvious outs

Out: Webb, Smith, Wood, Murphy
In: JJ, Stringer, Dunkley, Dickson

jeemak
05-08-2017, 10:55 PM
I think we'll be forced to play Murphy this coming week.

Out - Wood, Smith, Cloke and Webb

In - Roberts, Dickson, JJ and Stringer

Cloke is unlucky, though if Dickson is good to go I think we look a bit better with Red at the moment - the latter should have had a five goal haul today.

If Stringer doesn't come up, Cloke stays.

Jeanette54
05-08-2017, 11:33 PM

We do have one (very) experienced backline player consistently doing well in the reserves. Does anyone think that Matthew Boyd is a chance for a senior game this week ?

Cyberdoggie
06-08-2017, 12:15 AM

Webb just doesn't have the aggression and desperation for AFL level. He showed it for about 15 minutes of the first quarter last week then went back into his shell. Didn't even poke his head out today.

bornadog
06-08-2017, 12:18 AM
I think we'll be forced to play Murphy this coming week.

Out - Wood, Smith, Cloke and Webb

In - Roberts, Dickson, JJ and Stringer

Cloke is unlucky, though if Dickson is good to go I think we look a bit better with Red at the moment - the latter should have had a five goal haul today.

If Stringer doesn't come up, Cloke stays.

I thought he played well today, took 7 marks, had 6 inside 50s and 8 hitouts in the ruck. I don't mind having him in with Redpath, as the 2nd ruck role is not solved without TBoyd.

We do have one (very) experienced backline player consistently doing well in the reserves. Does anyone think that Matthew Boyd is a chance for a senior game this week ?

Bevo said he was a chance.

jeemak
06-08-2017, 01:28 AM
I thought he played well today, took 7 marks, had 6 inside 50s and 8 hitouts in the ruck. I don't mind having him in with Redpath, as the 2nd ruck role is not solved without TBoyd.

Bevo said he was a chance.

I agree but find it difficult to include him if Stringer is ready to play.

It wouldn't surprise me if we decided to put Boyd back to organize the younger defenders.

Go_Dogs
06-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Out:-
Wood, Smith, Murphy, Young

In:-
JJ, Boyd, Stringer, Roberts

Young has had a few key forwards clean him up just enough in contests that I think he'd be a bit sore and in need of a freshen up, while Murph would appear a logical emergency to travel to Etihad.

Don't think we need to change Cloke/Red, Jake has wheels and is essentially replacing Smith.

Roberts to come in after doing well against GWS before and Boyd to provide some experience down back.

LostDoggy
06-08-2017, 09:53 AM

I think Dunkley is the best direct replacement for Smith. His injury was upper body so would've retained his aerobic fitness over his recuperation (and undoubtedly would've left no stone unturned given his character) so 1 week in VFL and a solid performance should be enough.

azabob
06-08-2017, 09:58 AM
GWS went with a more mobile forward line rather than a tall one against Melbourne. No Cameron or Patton. Greene due back this week also.

GVGjr
06-08-2017, 10:51 AM

I think so, he must be a real chance

westbulldog
06-08-2017, 11:24 AM
In
JJ Stringer Dickson

Out
Wood Smith Webb

We also cannot allow Shaw to have 30+ uncontested possessions.

ratsmac
06-08-2017, 11:46 AM
He also had 9 score involvement (equal 3rd on ground) and 3 goal assists (most on ground). He stays in. Watching the game live though I didn't notice him much but the stats don't lie.

Remi Moses
06-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Boyd's a big chance to come in .
Dunkley might come in, but only one game back .
In Dickson Stringer JJ
Out Webb Wood smith ( who looks a tad overweight )

Remi Moses
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Boyd in if Murphy is rested

Mantis
07-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Webb just doesn't have the aggression and desperation for AFL level. He showed it for about 15 minutes of the first quarter last week then went back into his shell. Didn't even poke his head out today.

It was a meek performance, but what I find strange is that we have been developing Lukas as an inside/outside mid, but he is yet to spend anytime in the middle... Maybe you have to earn it, and the situation meant he had to go back, but I doubt he would have spent much time across HB in the past 2 years.

always right
07-08-2017, 10:44 AM
In
Stringer, Dickson, JJ

Out
Cloke, Smith, Wood

Smith contributed nothing to our forward line on Saturday. Cloke was ineffectual and the difference in work rate between him and Redpath was very noticeable at the ground. Cloke's lack of vision was frustrating when he did get the ball, choosing to blaze in the third quarter when Redpath was 30m in the clear.

Mofra
07-08-2017, 10:50 AM
It was a meek performance, but what I find strange is that we have been developing Lukas as an inside/outside mid, but he is yet to spend anytime in the middle... Maybe you have to earn it, and the situation meant he had to go back, but I doubt he would have spent much time across HB in the past 2 years.
In his first couple of games this year he was sent into the middle, he just doesn't find enough of the ball at AFL level to be an AFL midfielder. I think he's in trouble.

Id be tempted to rush Dunkley back - and kid who can play midfield in his first year can surely play Smith's forward role. His height is an advantage too.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Bang on. This is my bugbear with what we are doing with him. A kid like Williams for example hasn't been told to play inside mid or another role, he can focus on HBF. Webb looked good off the back flank when he debuted, then looks good as a mid at VFL level and when promoted is playing roles he's not been educated in. As an example of this with a young player, I know that Hugh Goddard in his last year in the TAC & school footy was getting frustrated as his school side was playing him as a KPD and the Falcons were playing him as a KPF (or vice versa). He was telling a lot of people around the interview times (that as a kid learning the game) he wanted to focus on one position, preferably defence, and work on becoming the best he could be in one role and end the confusion. He's looked comfortable at AFL level with St Kild after been educated and taught to be defender.

It sounds like an excuse, but you learn about the different systems, where team mates will be, who will be leading at you, where you need to run etc, etc. I really think we've stuffed Webb around, and I think he'll leave and be a good player to whomever he goes to.

jeemak
07-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I don't see how Webb displaces anyone in the midfield or in defence. He's earned a game and is being rewarded appropriately, but unfortunately for him he needs to adapt to whichever role he is given as there are better options on the list for the roles we believe him to be more suited to.

He's there to service the senior team, not the other way around. If we have better midfielders and defenders in positions he may be suited to then so be it.

bornadog
07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
In
Stringer, Dickson, JJ

Out
Cloke, Smith, Wood

Smith contributed nothing to our forward line on Saturday. Cloke was ineffectual and the difference in work rate between him and Redpath was very noticeable at the ground. Cloke's lack of vision was frustrating when he did get the ball, choosing to blaze in the third quarter when Redpath was 30m in the clear.

How do you account for Cloke's 9 score involvements?

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't see how Webb displaces anyone in the midfield or in defence. He's earned a game and is being rewarded appropriately, but unfortunately for him he needs to adapt to whichever role he is given as there are better options on the list for the roles we believe him to be more suited to.

He's there to service the senior team, not the other way around. If we have better midfielders and defenders in positions he may be suited to then so be it.

In that regard I don't disagree. But he should be given a few weeks to learn to adapt at the top level. It seems pointless teaching him a game style that gets him selected, then not play him in the role and then demote him for not playing overly well in different foreign roles. If he's dropped now on form (not allowing for guns coming in like Stringer & JJ) then I could understand him feeling like he can't win with the powers that be.

Topdog
07-08-2017, 12:36 PM
I thought Cloke was fantastic and talk of him blazing away is very much cherry picking. His workrate and ability to spot up a target was great, esp. that one in the last to find Smith.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I thought Cloke was fantastic and talk of him blazing away is very much cherry picking. His workrate and ability to spot up a target was great, esp. that one in the last to find Smith.

Amen brother TD. He was a hard running, roaming and marking CHF. It's been a long time since I've seen such an assured CHF in our colours. His work rate was brilliant, leading up and running back towards goal. He's still got to find more touch with more games under his belt, but I think he's a big asset for us. Especially his work up the ground and marking the long kicks down the line. If our player drops the mark, it's a turnover. But Trav holds enough of them, or fights in the contest if it comes to ground.

Like Bevo & .trav said when the trade went through, we are not expecting Trav to kick 4 goals each week. We want him to play role. I think last weekend and before Ziebell smashed his ribs in, he's doing the role ok. I reckon we've probably won nearly all the time he's played (edit 5 wins, 3 losses).

Ozza
07-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Amen brother TD. He was a hard running, roaming and marking CHF. It's been a long time since I've seen such an assured CHF in our colours. His work rate was brilliant, leading up and running back towards goal. He's still got to find more touch with more games under his belt, but I think he's a big asset for us. Especially his work up the ground and marking the long kicks down the line. If our player drops the mark, it's a turnover. But Trav holds enough of them, or fights in the contest if it comes to ground.

Like Bevo & .trav said when the trade went through, we are not expecting Trav to kick 4 goals each week. We want him to play role. I think last weekend and before Ziebell smashed his ribs in, he's doing the role ok. I reckon we've probably won nearly all the time he's played (edit 5 wins, 3 losses).

I'm not sure how you can comment on work rate of a forward from watching on TV to be honest.

But that aside, I think Cloke did enough to retain his spot in the side, and him and Red worked better together with having Red deepest, and Cloke up higher. I don't think I'd be changing it this week - although time will tell if in terms of pressure, we can have all of Red, Cloke, Dickson and Stringer playing forward.

A couple of good spot ups from Cloke were nice to see - as generally he just marks/turns/bombs 50 metres forward. He has the highest kick to handball ratio of any current player in the league - so I don't think we can expect he will ever start rewarding the player running past with the handball.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure how you can comment on work rate of a forward from watching on TV to be honest.

But that aside, I think Cloke did enough to retain his spot in the side, and him and Red worked better together with having Red deepest, and Cloke up higher. I don't think I'd be changing it this week - although time will tell if in terms of pressure, we can have all of Red, Cloke, Dickson and Stringer playing forward.

A couple of good spot ups from Cloke were nice to see - as generally he just marks/turns/bombs 50 metres forward. He has the highest kick to handball ratio of any current player in the league - so I don't think we can expect he will ever start rewarding the player running past with the handball.

To be honest, it looked like he was working hard and his heat map which I looked at shows he was not only moving laterally inside 50 but working up and back on both wings. Seems his data accords with my perspective, to be honest.

Ozza
07-08-2017, 02:51 PM
To be honest, it looked like he was working hard and his heat map which I looked at shows he was not only moving laterally inside 50 but working up and back on both wings. Seems his data accords with my perspective, to be honest.

Seeing as he spent time in the ruck, and apart from that played centre half forward, wouldn't it be a bare minimum that he got himself to the wings?

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Seeing as he spent time in the ruck, and apart from that played centre half forward, wouldn't it be a bare minimum that he got himself to the wings?

There's an issue when a bloke plays a good game and a compliment his way ends up a debate topic.

bornadog
07-08-2017, 03:29 PM
There's an issue when a bloke plays a good game and a compliment his way ends up a debate topic.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I thought he played one of his best games for us this year.

When is the last time two big forwards took 9 and 7 marks.

Ozza
07-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. I thought he played one of his best games for us this year.

I actually posted that the two players worked well together and that Cloke did enough to keep his spot, and overall complimented his game.

bornadog
07-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Mumford suspended

aker39
07-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Mumford got 1 week

Nuggety Back Pocket
07-08-2017, 06:07 PM

Redpath's conversion was poor. Should have kicked 3-4 goals given his opportunities. The Bont likewise was very wasteful in kicking for goal. Having 3 big forwards for the most part seemed to work but Dickson and JJ going forward provides greater flexibility.

Ozza
07-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Redpath's conversion was poor. Should have kicked 3-4 goals given his opportunities. The Bont likewise was very wasteful in kicking for goal. Having 3 big forwards for the most part seemed to work but Dickson and JJ going forward provides greater flexibility.

Agree NBP.
Must convert better from here on out.
However, pleasing to see us take plenty of marks inside 50 again this week. The last three weeks we have taken 19,16 & 19 marks inside 50. Our average (and the competition average) is 12 per game. Good to see us connecting better. Hopefully we can do it against very good opposition this week.

Bulldog4life
07-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Redpath kicked 3 goals

bornadog
07-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Following the injury report:

In: Stringer, Dickson, JJ

Out: Wood, Webb, Smith

Topdog
07-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Redpath kicked 3 goals

Lol true but he should have had 5

Bulldog4life
07-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Lol true but he should have had 5

That's true

SlimPickens
07-08-2017, 07:47 PM

Like the ins. Wonder if we'd consider Collins or Roberts instead of bringing Stringer straight in.

Bulldog4life
07-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Stevo tweeted big news from the dogs looming

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 07:54 PM

Good?

I hope.

Go_Dogs
07-08-2017, 07:55 PM

Boyd to retire.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Boyd to retire.

Matthew?

Bulldog4life
07-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Boyd to retire.

Or Murph or and Murph

Eastdog
07-08-2017, 08:02 PM

1 more week for Dunkley?

josie
07-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Webb was I recall playing in forward half week prior and only played back to cover for Wood and JJ out?

Would really like the kid to have a decent run at it as his disposal is good. Play him in centre and/or forward half not backline.

Also to bring in 3 players all from injury in 1 week plus Murphy who only played on weekend coz JJ late out plus 6 day break again is not wise. So for me:

in: Stringer or Dickson and JJ

out: Wood and Murphy rested.

Tempted to bring in Roberts and omitt Smith (love him, one of my faves but appears to be slower - hopefully a conditioning issue which can be addressed in off-season). Hope Honey has another go too before end of year now he is right to go, but perhaps not this week unless one of our midfielders or wingers is sore.

azabob
07-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Woods injury is a massive set back. It really has messed with our overall team balance. Other than Bontempelli probably the player we least can affoard to lose, also coupled with no Morris is huge.

With Toby Greene to come back in and Patton likely we need to bring in Roberts or Collins with Young to be the third tall.

I really hope Roberts can discover some form as Lewis Young is looking tired and I don't think he's ready for finals type intensity yet.

If fit JJ, Stringer and Dickson should come straight back in.

At this stage I'm looking at

IN- Roberts, JJ, Dickson, Stringer
OUT - Wood, Webb, Smith, Cloke or Redpath

hujsh
07-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Boyd to retire.

Matthew?

Or Murph or and Murph

DONT SCARE ME!

I thought it was Toyd

boydogs
07-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Redpath's conversion was poor. Should have kicked 3-4 goals given his opportunities

He kicked 3.4 and at least 2 were from 50. You would hope for better but if it was 3.2 and two kicks to the top of the goalsquare, would it be an issue?

Webb was I recall playing in forward half week prior and only played back to cover for Wood and JJ out?

Would really like the kid to have a decent run at it as his disposal is good. Play him in centre and/or forward half not backline.

Also to bring in 3 players all from injury in 1 week plus Murphy who only played on weekend coz JJ late out plus 6 day break again is not wise

The 2 x 6 day breaks thing is a reason to bring in more players IMO, not less. Giving Webb another go as a forward might be an idea if it were for Smith or Dale, but Stringer & Dickson are too important and valuable. Even a good game from Webb v Brisbane may not have been enough to keep him in with the players returning from injury

MrMahatma
08-08-2017, 12:16 AM
In: Stringer, JJ, Roberts, Dickson
Out: Wood, Smith, Webb, Murph

Mantis
08-08-2017, 10:36 AM
In: Stringer, JJ, Roberts, Dickson
Out: Wood, Smith, Webb, Murph

That looks about right, but in picking Roberts I have absolutely no confidence that he will be able to look after Patton or Lobb... He has looked all at sea this year.

azabob
08-08-2017, 12:04 PM
That looks about right, but in picking Roberts I have absolutely no confidence that he will be able to look after Patton or Lobb... He has looked all at sea this year.

There is only Roberts & Collins left though.

Axe Man
08-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Going by the history of the match committee I would be very surprised if we picked 3 tall defenders to play against Patton and Lobb. They are probably more likely to only play 1 KPD than 3 of them!

hujsh
08-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Will Lobb even be playing forward or will they use him to replace Mumford?

Mantis
08-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Will Lobb even be playing forward or will they use him to replace Mumford?

Would think they bring in Dawson Simpson.

Happy Days
08-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Would think they bring in Dawson Simpson.

Nice.

merantau
08-08-2017, 04:17 PM
With Mumford out they have a big problem . For a big bloke he actually gets to a lot more contests than you would expect so they will miss him around the ground and we can cash in here big time Dawson Simpson - come on down!

Cloke and Redpath must play. Roberts or Collins in for Wood

Eastdog
08-08-2017, 05:58 PM
I'll have crack subject to change:

In: JJ, Stringer, Dickson, Collins

Out: Wood, Webb, Smith, Murph

Eastdog
08-08-2017, 06:00 PM
There is only Roberts & Collins left though.

You would probably go Roberts but be good to see how Collins goes at AFL Level a bit more so I have selected him. Hopefully Marcus Adams isn't too far away. Was very good until the injury.

Bulldog4life
08-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Bevo said that Murph pulled up better after the game than the game before

Eastdog
08-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Bevo said that Murph pulled up better after the game than the game before

In that case maybe someone else might go out for Murphy to retain his spot.

merantau
08-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Bob must play. This is the most important game of the year. Cloke and Redpath must play. JJ if fit must play, also Stringer. And what about M. Boyd? How about sending him out to do a number on Toby Green? A close checking, harrassing role, punctuated with some crunching tackles is a role he would enjoy, I think.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Matthew Boyd is struggling with his achilles again, so he won't be in.

In- JJ, Stringer, Dickson or Dunkley if he isn't right
Out- Wood, Clay, Webb

Just don't trust Fletch at the moment/not the right game to bring in Collins and would rather go with a more mobile team defence.

ledge
08-08-2017, 11:10 PM
I would love to see Clay on Toby Greene , bet he doesn't mouth off and give cheap shots with Clay smashing him at every opportunity.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2017, 11:15 PM
I would love to see Clay on Toby Greene , bet he doesn't mouth off and give cheap shots with Clay smashing him at every opportunity.

Sadly the way Clay is going he would need a 30 metre pole to smash him.

1eyedog
08-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Clay is a shadow of his former self at the moment. The opposition must be hoping we select him.

Bullies
09-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Clay is a shadow of his former self at the moment. The opposition must be hoping we select him.Surely they can not select Clay. They will have a feast running of him.

azabob
09-08-2017, 08:21 AM
My concern not bringing in Fletcher or Collins we are relying on Cordy, Young & Biggs to perform lock down roles. Our mobile defense is missing two key pillars Wood who can float and zone off and our number one lock down defender in Morris.

The more I think about it Easton Wood is our most important player from a structure perspective. He can play so many different roles as defender which has a massive flow on effect on how we structure up in defense, mids and forward.

Fingers crossed Patton doesn't play or they play Lobb as number one ruck.

jeemak
09-08-2017, 08:37 AM
I think we're asking for a bit of trouble bringing in Roberts, but asking for a whole lot of trouble leaving him out........if that makes sense!

comrade
09-08-2017, 08:44 AM
I thought bringing in Roberts in last year's prelim was going to be a disaster yet he somehow went up a level. I'd be reasonably confident he can do it again.

bornadog
09-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I thought bringing in Roberts in last year's prelim was going to be a disaster yet he somehow went up a level. I'd be reasonably confident he can do it again.

The best thing he did in the prelim was in the last 2 minutes when he slammed the ball on his foot to get it out of their F50 and gain us some ground and time. Other than that, he went the punch all day.

We probably don't have much choice, but will depend on who GWS play.

The Pie Man
09-08-2017, 10:43 AM
The best thing he did in the prelim was in the last 2 minutes when he slammed the ball on his foot to get it out of their F50 and gain us some ground and time. Other than that, he went the punch all day.

We probably don't have much choice, but will depend on who GWS play.

Don't think I'll ever forget the 180 turn he did coming out of defence in the 1st quarter of that game. Demonstrated someone confident, probably from playing the previous weeks at VFL level instead of getting slammed by Kennedy & Gunston.

He's not anywhere near that form - encouraging to hear he kicked two in the last quarter on the weekend, but our forward line's full.

Mantis
09-08-2017, 10:43 AM

Last year he had MBoyd, Morris, Hamling & Wood in the back 6 to assist & instruct.. He's been left to fight his own battles this year and has been left floundering.

I hope if he comes in he can with more confidence and aggression, but I won't be holding my breathe.

always right
09-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Roberts is a player who relies on those around him to play well. This allows him to simply play a defensive role with support from teammates. When our defence is under the pump and he is left one out to win contests, he struggles.

I think he could be needed against GWS but I'm concerned that he will be left one out too often with the absence of Wood.

comrade
09-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Last year he had MBoyd, Morris, Hamling & Wood in the back 6 to assist & instruct.. He's been left to fight his own battles this year and has been left floundering.

I hope if he comes in he can with more confidence and aggression, but I won't be holding my breathe.

Yeah, that's a good point. He does seem the type that needs plenty of hand holding.

bornadog
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. He does seem the type that needs plenty of hand holding.

We have Suckling with over 100 games to support him :D:D:D Everyone else is inexperienced in the backline - unless Bob goes back there

Bulldog4life
09-08-2017, 01:47 PM
We have Suckling with over 100 games to support him :D:D:D Everyone else is inexperienced in the backline - unless Bob goes back there

We need the backline to stand up but I think the game will be won in the middle. GWS best 4 players last week were all onballers. They streamed down the ground and kicked goals too.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I really don't like playing guys just because of their position. If Cameron was playing, I would bring in Fletch out of pure need but I don't think we need to play him.

Talls wise, they have Patton and Lobb. Looked at time on ground numbers. Cordy and Young both average more TOG minutes than Patton. Lobb will also spend about 20% of the game offering ruck relief.

comrade
09-08-2017, 04:44 PM

God help us all :D

Axe Man
09-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Surprise appearance leaves Bob feeling fit (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-09/surprise-appearance-leaves-bob-feeling-fit)

BOB MURPHY'S unexpected appearance in last week’s Western Bulldogs' line up has left the veteran captain feeling fit and ready for Friday night’s clash with Greater Western Sydney, teammate Mitch Wallis says.

Murphy was the travelling emergency last week but ended up playing in the Dogs' win over the Brisbane Lions when Jason Johannisen pulled out after hurting his back in the warm up.

Despite Murphy missing his scheduled rest, Wallis said the skipper would face the Giants.

"I think he's pulled up better from the game this week than he did last week," Wallis said.

"I know it was a fair coincidence JJ pulled out in the warm up … [Murphy] had every intention to be rested but then played and contributed quite well.

"He trained well yesterday so I think he'll be available for selection, and he'll play and play well."

Wallis also said Johannisen, Jake Stringer and Tory Dickson should be available to return after injury, pending on how they got through training this week.

Stringer has missed the past three games with a hamstring complaint, and Dickson the win over the Lions with a calf injury.

Matthew Boyd won't play this week and hasn't since round 16 because of an Achilles injury, but Wallis said he was confident the veteran hadn't played his last game despite announcing his end-of-season retirement on Tuesday.

bornadog
09-08-2017, 05:21 PM
God help us all :D

Yeah defensive skills is not his forte.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Wood injured. Clay and Webb don't offer enough.

JJ, Dickson and String all in our best 22 if fit. Dunkley can play as well if one of them misses.

Who do we take out for Fletch if he plays? And what does he possibly offer than being tall statistically?

1eyedog
09-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Wood injured. Clay and Webb don't offer enough.

JJ, Dickson and String all in our best 22 if fit. Dunkley can play as well if one of them misses.

Who do we take out for Fletch if he plays? And what does he possibly offer than being tall statistically?

Matches up really well againat Patton. I can understand the consideration.

azabob
09-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I really don't like playing guys just because of their position. If Cameron was playing, I would bring in Fletch out of pure need but I don't think we need to play him.

Talls wise, they have Patton and Lobb. Looked at time on ground numbers. Cordy and Young both average more TOG minutes than Patton. Lobb will also spend about 20% of the game offering ruck relief.

My concern is Young. I don't think he's ready for playing the 2nd tall role without support from Morris or Wood.

That's why I'd strongly consider Roberts.

hujsh
09-08-2017, 11:42 PM
I could see Young back in Wood's role if Zaine and Fletch were to take Patton and Lobbe.

Puts Young in a role he seems comfortable in and gives a chop out to the others on very big/tall opponents

Bullies
10-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I could see Young back in Wood's role if Zaine and Fletch were to take Patton and Lobbe.

Puts Young in a role he seems comfortable in and gives a chop out to the others on very big/tall opponents i wouldnt be surprised if they rest Young.

bornadog
10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
JJ didn't train today and won't be right for tomorrow. Stringer and Dickson will come in.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-08-2017, 05:40 PM
JJ didn't train today and won't be right for tomorrow. Stringer and Dickson will come in.

Massive blow.

Mantis
10-08-2017, 05:48 PM
My changes:

In - Collins, Dickson, Stringer
Out - Wood, Smith, Webb

Reports are that JJ wasn't sighted at training today so not sure if it was pre-cautionary or he'll miss.. For me he is to valuable to risk and would hate for him to play tomorrow night and ping it and be out for our remaining (more winnable on paper) games.

NFI what we do in defence, but my preference is that Collins & Cordy take the talls and Young plays as the 'floater'.. Just think we need cover down there with our better 1 on 1 defenders missing.

For us we to win we need to be efficient going forward and hope that we don't expose our defence to clean ball as if this happens I see us being in a world of pain.

bornadog
10-08-2017, 05:56 PM
My changes:

In - Collins, Dickson, Stringer
Out - Wood, Smith, Webb

Reports are that JJ wasn't sighted at training today so not sure if it was pre-cautionary or he'll miss.. For me he is to valuable to risk and would hate for him to play tomorrow night and ping it and be out for our remaining (more winnable on paper) games.

NFI what we do in defence, but my preference is that Collins & Cordy take the talls and Young plays as the 'floater'.. Just think we need cover down there with our better 1 on 1 defenders missing.

For us we to win we need to be efficient going forward and hope that we don't expose our defence to clean ball as if this happens I see us being in a world of pain.

JJ won't be playing tomorrow. (see post #98)

Mantis
10-08-2017, 05:57 PM
JJ won't be playing tomorrow. (see post #98)

That's why I didn't include him. :D

Rocket Science
10-08-2017, 07:03 PM
With a backline missing Wood, Morris, Adams and presumably JJ we're going to need to be utterly ferocious around the contest and clinical with our use to try and limit their forward entries.

Hope our mids are ON.

While there's been more positive signs with Libba more recently want this to be the game that reignites the fire for him. We'll need it.

always right
10-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Libba has had a job the last two weeks......on Merrett and Beams. Who does he go to tomorrow.....Kelly? Or do we free him up?

azabob
10-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Libba has had a job the last two weeks......on Merrett and Beams. Who does he go to tomorrow.....Kelly? Or do we free him up?

I wouldn't free him up. He has done two fifths when he has been freed up. For the remainder of 2017 he needs a job to keep him focused.

SlimPickens
10-08-2017, 07:18 PM

Seriously who misses two weeks with a back spasm? My faith in our medical team is at an all time low.

Webby
10-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Wasn't it declared a back related hammy? Tweaked prior to the Brisbane game?

G-Mo77
10-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Dunks straight back in. Wow

1eyedog
10-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Are the teams in?

G-Mo77
10-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Yeah. Dickson Stringer and Dunks in for Wood Smith and Webb

Rocket Science
10-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Looks like they're running with Lobb/Patton as their rotating ruck/forward combo rather than recalling Simpson which mildly eases our key-position-back dilemma.

kruder
10-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Good luck to Dunkley but disappointed Webb was dropped for him. Webb looked likely forward against Essendon and would have love to see the match committee back him as he does look suited in the forward line with the two talls in it.

Bulldog4life
10-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Roberts as an emergency in case of late change

ratsmac
10-08-2017, 07:53 PM
No JJ hurts big time. We look slow when we don't have him breaking the lines. It showed when he was struggling a few weeks ago and last week without him. Oh well others have to step up.
I'm glad to see Stringer back. Hopefully he can make defenders nervous. We need a big one from him. Cloke Redpath Dickson and Stringer. That forward line sounds good lets hope they gel and kick a massive score.

Dunkley gets me excited. Is it a coincidence that our form has been terrible in his absence? Maybe, maybe not but I love his size and his ability to get inside 50 marks. I don't like his kicking so much.

I'm pumped for this game and I believe (hope) we will make a statement to the rest of the league tomorrow night with a good solid win.

GVGjr
10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Yeah. Dickson Stringer and Dunks in for Wood Smith and Webb

There is an element of risk playing Dunks but I guess the fact Footscray isn't playing means he probably had to play

Bulldog4life
10-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Plough said on radio that he thinks Stringer would be good in the backline. Not sure if I agree with him

bornadog
10-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Seriously who misses two weeks with a back spasm? My faith in our medical team is at an all time low.

I think the medical team does a fantastic job. Geelong have contacted them to help with Selwood's ankle

Good luck to Dunkley but disappointed Webb was dropped for him. Webb looked likely forward against Essendon and would have love to see the match committee back him as he does look suited in the forward line with the two talls in it.

Webb has not fired a shot each time he has come in this year - not one good game. Maybe a good 5 minutes in the first quarter against Essendon.

Remi Moses
10-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Bevo's had history of bringing players straight in. ( JJ last year)
Good in's , but the outs of Wood and JJ hurt . Four back six players out currently

bornadog
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Plough said on radio that he thinks Stringer would be good in the backline. Not sure if I agree with him

He also said Tomlinson should go to The Bont. Bring it on, Bont will cream him

Remi Moses
10-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Gotta disagree with this . The way they've got our injured players back has been excellent .
I'd imagine it's a back/hammy twinge, and if aggravated would be season ending .

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2017, 08:13 PM
He also said Tomlinson should go to The Bont. Bring it on, Bont will cream him

I'm actually a bit concerned by that match up. I reckon Tomlinson is one of the better matchups for the Bont up forward.
Although it may mean others up forward get better opportunities. Tomlinson will have to stay close to Bont and that may mean Bont is a decoy to prevent Tomlinson from getting back and helping out against Stringer, Cloke & Redpath

kruder
10-08-2017, 08:57 PM
I think the medical team does a fantastic job. Geelong have contacted them to help with Selwood's ankle

Webb has not fired a shot each time he has come in this year - not one good game. Maybe a good 5 minutes in the first quarter against Essendon.

Disagree, has never had a decent run at it, its time for him to leave its obvious the match committee don't rate him. We are an industrious side , Webb has has a skill set to really help with forward connections and improve our goal kicking but I guess we will never know..

bornadog
10-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Disagree, has never had a decent run at it, its time for him to leave its obvious the match committee don't rate him. We are an industrious side , Webb has has a skill set to really help with forward connections and improve our goal kicking but I guess we will never know..

His record this year:

2017 Games Log for Lukas Webb (Western Bulldogs)

Description
Date
Opponent
Result
K
HB
D
M
G
B
T
HO
GA
I50
CL
CG
R50
FF
FA
AF
SC

Round 20
Aug 5
Lions (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-brisbane-lions)
Win 103-89 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9472)

Round 19
Jul 30
Bombers (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-essendon-bombers)
Win 127-97 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9466)

Round 9
May 19
Cats (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-geelong-cats)
Loss 81-104 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9379)

Round 8
May 12
Eagles (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-west-coast-eagles)
Loss 61-69 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9370)

Footywire.com © 2017
about (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=a) terms (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=t) privacy (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=p) discussions (http://www.smaqtalk.com/) contact us (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/contact_us)

Doesn't look good

kruder
10-08-2017, 09:47 PM
His record this year:

2017 Games Log for Lukas Webb (Western Bulldogs)

Description
Date
Opponent
Result
K
HB
D
M
G
B
T
HO
GA
I50
CL
CG
R50
FF
FA
AF
SC

Round 20
Aug 5
Lions (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-brisbane-lions)
Win 103-89 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9472)

Round 19
Jul 30
Bombers (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-essendon-bombers)
Win 127-97 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9466)

Round 9
May 19
Cats (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-geelong-cats)
Loss 81-104 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9379)

Round 8
May 12
Eagles (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-west-coast-eagles)
Loss 61-69 (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9370)

Footywire.com © 2017
about (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=a) terms (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=t) privacy (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/info?if=p) discussions (http://www.smaqtalk.com/) contact us (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/contact_us)

Doesn't look good

Thanks for the supporting documentation, you prove my point nicely hasn't had a decent crack at it.

Bulldog4life
10-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Gotta disagree with this . The way they've got our injured players back has been excellent .
I'd imagine it's a back/hammy twinge, and if aggravated would be season ending .

I am with you Remi. The way our medical team got those 4 players up for the first final last year was sensational. They have done nothing this year that diminishes their efforts.

SlimPickens
10-08-2017, 10:28 PM

Sure. But we have the worst soft tissue rate in the league, we have the most games missed out of any club due to injury, soft tissue injuries are endemic at our club. When do you stop blaming luck and start questioning the process?

westdog54
10-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the supporting documentation, you prove my point nicely hasn't had a decent crack at it.

He had four quarters against the bottom team to have a decent crack at it and managed 6 disposals, 1 mark and 3 tackles.

Thats beyond unacceptable.

If not Webb, who should make way?

SlimPickens
10-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I think the medical team does a fantastic job. Geelong have contacted them to help with Selwood's injury.

Geelong contacted the surgeon David Young who did Libba's surgery. David doesn't work for the club. But sure they are doing a great job

lemmon
10-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Sure. But we have the worst soft tissue rate in the league, we have the most games missed out of any club due to injury, soft tissue injuries are endemic at our club. When do you stop blaming luck and start questioning the process?

Are soft tissue injuries medical staff or conditioning staff?

Raw Toast
10-08-2017, 11:02 PM
He had four quarters against the bottom team to have a decent crack at it and managed 6 disposals, 1 mark and 3 tackles.

The problem for players like Webb is that they tend to come in and be given flanker roles where it is much harder to get a heap of the ball and clearly influence games. Lachy Hunter found it very difficult a few years ago, McLean has thrived since being released from there, Dunkley I guess is a counter-example, but I think Webb flashed some promising things a few weeks ago and I hope we can get him to sign a new deal soon.

I agree that it makes sense to drop him this week, but his task against the Lions wasn't easy either - he had to go down back to try and help cover for Wood and was part of a pretty inexperienced backline. Beveridge praised him a bit in the post-game press conference which he doesn't do lightly (and yes, Webb struggled on Bastinac in the last quarter, but again, he was put in a difficult situation to try and help the team).

Finally for now, I think it's pretty clear that the Lions are one of the best 'bottom' teams we've seen for a while, and they match up very well against us at the moment.

kruder
10-08-2017, 11:04 PM

Is he a mid? a forward? a back? the kid has been handled poorly by the club. I watched him in the warm up against Essendon and he hardly missed a shot at goal, you don't need a lot of possession to add value just ask Dickson. Dunkley adds attributes that we already have in the side, I would have backed in Webb for an improved performance.

Raw Toast
10-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Is he a mid? a forward? a back? the kid has been handled poorly by the club. I watched him in the warm up against Essendon and he hardly missed a shot at goal, you don't need a lot of possession to add value just ask Dickson. Dunkley adds attributes that we already have in the side, I would have backed in Webb for an improved performance.

I'm an advocate of Webb's, but I'm not sure that he's been handled that poorly. We're a young side, but still a pretty strong one, and Dunkley was doing some match-winning things before he went out (and had some very, very impressive games late last year).

We've added a few strings to Webb's bow since he's been with us, training him to play as an inside mid, as well as on a forward flank. He's still finding his way, and I think he's a chance to earn a more permanent spot in our line-up next season. But we're still playing to try and make the finals, and it's hard to argue that Webb gives us a better chance of beating GWS than Dunkley does.

MrMahatma
11-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Webb needs to take his chances like everyone else.

Not sure why he deserves more than most?

jeemak
11-08-2017, 02:31 AM
This site has all ranges of opinion represented, from uninformed to well informed and everything in between. If someone who has specific knowledge in a professional sense and has been a solid contributor over years calls out concerns about our injury issues then we should take it on board as laymen.

jeemak
11-08-2017, 02:42 AM
Kruder, I don't think it's a black and white debate when it comes to Webb. I understand why some might think he's been handled less than perfectly however, anyone who isn't the most talented of options when trying to break into the senior side understands that you fit in and perform in any situation when given a chance if you want to get a career started. It's the case at AFL, or any level of footy when it comes to breaking into the seniors.

Webb definitely should have been dropped this week, his game last week was really ordinary and irrespective of his defencive duty requirement he had an opportunity to get his hands on the ball more than he did given the way the game was played - and who it was played against.

My preference is to keep him as I think we've been developing him well across a number of positions. I also think we on this forum tend towards a higher level of churn with players than is realistic, and expect players to develop more quickly than they reasonably should. That we're a premiership side and potential contender again, we expect everyone to develop at an unrealistic rate.

Webb needs time and opportunity just like everyone, and in my view his development is going well. If anyone else wants him and we let him go for nothing, then that's just football.

GVGjr
11-08-2017, 07:23 AM
I get the debate on Webb but he's been with us 3 years and I'd like to think he is nowhere near his peak.
I'd like to see him return to the back line next year where I think he has played some very good footy and this will perhaps free up JJ to play forward on a permanent basis.

I believe the decision to drop him was the right one

Mantis
11-08-2017, 10:40 AM
The problem for players like Webb is that they tend to come in and be given flanker roles where it is much harder to get a heap of the ball and clearly influence games. Lachy Hunter found it very difficult a few years ago, McLean has thrived since being released from there, Dunkley I guess is a counter-example, but I think Webb flashed some promising things a few weeks ago and I hope we can get him to sign a new deal soon.

I agree that it makes sense to drop him this week, but his task against the Lions wasn't easy either - he had to go down back to try and help cover for Wood and was part of a pretty inexperienced backline. Beveridge praised him a bit in the post-game press conference which he doesn't do lightly (and yes, Webb struggled on Bastinac in the last quarter, but again, he was put in a difficult situation to try and help the team).

Finally for now, I think it's pretty clear that the Lions are one of the best 'bottom' teams we've seen for a while, and they match up very well against us at the moment.

That's fine RT, but as a counter arguement let's look at Bailey Williams who is playing a flanker role, is the same height as Lukas, but is about 18 months younger.

Last week Bailey had 20 touches and provided run and carry, Lukas didn't.. To me Lukas has one trait that makes him a likely AFL player, he can kick, but at the minute he can't get the ball enough and his weaknesses are proving too great to keep him in the side.

Mofra
11-08-2017, 11:23 AM
I had a serious one many years ago, spent two nights in hospital and wasn't back to full PT for a couple of weeks.
Given he missed 10 weeks last year with a hammy I don't mind taking a cautious approach.

bornadog
11-08-2017, 11:58 AM

When you said medical, first thing I think about is Zimmerman, Landsberger and Young

I think all clubs have this issue - maybe we have more, I don't know.

Geelong contacted the surgeon David Young who did Libba's surgery. David doesn't work for the club. But sure they are doing a great job

Yeah that is medical, not fitness and conditioning

Are soft tissue injuries medical staff or conditioning staff?

This

Thanks Slim, can you please explain where your gripe is. You have been talking about this for ten years (since Davoren). I genuinely don't have a clue about the condition staff and fitness. All I know is we finish games off better than anyone so we must be fit, however, maybe it is recovery issues???

Axe Man
11-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Apparently they don't consider Bont a tall in our forward line?

Another Giant added to squad? (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-11/late-mail-live-round-21)

Sydney-based reporter Adam Curley looks at the selection options in front of GWS coach Leon Cameron for tonight's clash against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

GWS coach Leon Cameron decided not to replace suspended ruckman Shane Mumford with Dawson Simpson, instead opting to use Rory Lobb as the number one big man, but will his selected 22 remain unchanged?

The Giants' NEAFL team has a bye this week and all three of the Giants' emergencies – Simpson, Harry Perryman and Daniel Lloyd - travelled to Melbourne with the team on Thursday, and with Simpson coming off 70 hit outs and 21 possessions in the reserves, Cameron has the option to bring in the form big man.

The coach has made no secret of his liking for three tall forward options, but GWS looked slick in their win over Melbourne last week with Lobb as the only big inside 50, so Cameron might elect to leave the returning Jonathon Patton is his primary target.

Key defender Adam Tomlinson could be swung forward to give Patton some help in the air, with Phil Davis and Aidan Corr left to take on the Bulldogs' only tall options in Travis Cloke and Jack Redpath, and his lead up marking could be important with the team's best link man Jeremy Cameron injured.

The Giants' reserves will have a modified scratch match in Sydney on Saturday with the teams made up of listed players and top up players form the club's academy.

bornadog
11-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Apparently they don't consider Bont a tall in our forward line?

Another Giant added to squad? (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-11/late-mail-live-round-21)

Sydney-based reporter Adam Curley looks at the selection options in front of GWS coach Leon Cameron for tonight's clash against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

GWS coach Leon Cameron decided not to replace suspended ruckman Shane Mumford with Dawson Simpson, instead opting to use Rory Lobb as the number one big man, but will his selected 22 remain unchanged?

The Giants' NEAFL team has a bye this week and all three of the Giants' emergencies – Simpson, Harry Perryman and Daniel Lloyd - travelled to Melbourne with the team on Thursday, and with Simpson coming off 70 hit outs and 21 possessions in the reserves, Cameron has the option to bring in the form big man.

The coach has made no secret of his liking for three tall forward options, but GWS looked slick in their win over Melbourne last week with Lobb as the only big inside 50, so Cameron might elect to leave the returning Jonathon Patton is his primary target.

Key defender Adam Tomlinson could be swung forward to give Patton some help in the air, with Phil Davis and Aidan Corr left to take on the Bulldogs' only tall options in Travis Cloke and Jack Redpath, and his lead up marking could be important with the team's best link man Jeremy Cameron injured.

The Giants' reserves will have a modified scratch match in Sydney on Saturday with the teams made up of listed players and top up players form the club's academy.

or Stringer

LostDoggy
11-08-2017, 03:54 PM
This game is a beauty for Bevo to work through.

The win would be gold for our season.

Last couple of contests with the silver spoons have been epic.

Undermanned dogs.

Enter Bevo. But keep something up your sleeve.

Ozza
11-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Yeah I think it could be another great game. I feel like we are ready for a very good performance, but in unfortunate timing - the Giants might be really beginning to hit their straps on the eve of finals.

To use Bevo's words 'it will take our very best'.

FrediKanoute
11-08-2017, 06:52 PM
That's fine RT, but as a counter arguement let's look at Bailey Williams who is playing a flanker role, is the same height as Lukas, but is about 18 months younger.

Last week Bailey had 20 touches and provided run and carry, Lukas didn't.. To me Lukas has one trait that makes him a likely AFL player, he can kick, but at the minute he can't get the ball enough and his weaknesses are proving too great to keep him in the side.

If I had a criticism of Bailey Williams it's that he doesn't use the ball well and makes poor secisions

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-08-2017, 07:35 PM
If I had a criticism of Bailey Williams it's that he doesn't use the ball well and makes poor secisions

He does Fredi, but let's not underplay the inherent high risk game that running defenders play as a mitigating factor. Biggs, JJ all make similar errors as per their instructions to create opportunities. That point being made i think the impetuous nature of youth has seen Williams make a couple of errors that should disappear from his game as he matures- like the checkside kick he did a while back when running through the middle.

azabob
11-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Tomilson out for them. Dawson Simpson in.

Dogs no change

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Tomilson out for them. Dawson Simpson in.

Dogs no change

Thats a good result for us.