PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 23, 2017 vs Hawthorn

Eastdog
03-06-2017, 10:00 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 23, 2017 match against Hawthorn at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
19-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Bump

bulldogtragic
19-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Ins:

English, Matt Boyd, Tom Boyd, Collins

Outs:

Stringer, Roughy, Young, flanker/mid

bornadog
19-08-2017, 06:40 PM
May as well bring in Matty Boyd for last game.

lemmon
19-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Out- Stringer, Dickson, Young, Dunkley
In- Lipinski, Collins, M Boyd, Webb

Reward some VFL form, give a legend a send off and hopefully convince Webb to stay

comrade
20-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Out- Stringer, Dickson, Young, Dunkley
In- Lipinski, Collins, M Boyd, Webb

Reward some VFL form, give a legend a send off and hopefully convince Webb to stay

Happy with all that. Would also consider giving English one more run at the top level (plus Roughy was terrible).

Nuggety Back Pocket
20-08-2017, 12:30 PM
There has been a distinct lack of enterprise and boldness in our selection process this year. The forward line has become very stagnant. The playing of Bonti up forward was staggering against Port given their dominance in the midfield. Roughead has struggled for most of the year in the ruck with Ryder again dominant. Hunter needs a spell with his slow and poor disposal. With the emergence of young talent in Dale McLean and Williams we could do worse than introduce Lipinski. Dunkley has struggled badly since returning. Young was monstered by Dixon and will be better served playing in the VFL finals. I am still to be convinced that Cloke is the answer up forward.
I would make 5 changes against Hawthorn including the inclusion of Matthew Boyd in his farewell game.
In. M Boyd T Boyd Lipinski Campbell and Roberts
Out. Stringer Hunter Young Dunkley and Cloke

GVGjr
20-08-2017, 12:56 PM
There has been a distinct lack of enterprise and boldness in our selection process this year. The forward line has become very stagnant. The playing of Bonti up forward was staggering against Port given their dominance in the midfield. Roughead has struggled for most of the year in the ruck with Ryder again dominant. Hunter needs a spell with his slow and poor disposal. With the emergence of young talent in Dale McLean and Williams we could do worse than introduce Lipinski. Dunkley has struggled badly since returning. Young was monstered by Dixon and will be better served playing in the VFL finals. I am still to be convinced that Cloke is the answer up forward.
I would make 5 changes against Hawthorn including the inclusion of Matthew Boyd in his farewell game.
In. M Boyd T Boyd Lipinski Campbell and Roberts
Out. Stringer Hunter Young Dunkley and Cloke

You've raised some good points but I'd I don't think adding Campbell and Tom Boyd with Roughead is worth trying for one game. I'd imagine the Hawks will be fired up for Hodges last game so I'd be sticking with Cloke.

I'd go with

In's M.Boyd, Lipinski, Collins and Honeychurch
Out's Stringer, Dunkley, Young and Dickson

I would try and get JJ into that forward line

Nuggety Back Pocket
20-08-2017, 01:45 PM
You've raised some good points but I'd I don't think adding Campbell and Tom Boyd with Roughead is worth trying for one game. I'd imagine the Hawks will be fired up for Hodges last game so I'd be sticking with Cloke.

I'd go with

In's M.Boyd, Lipinski, Collins and Honeychurch
Out's Stringer, Dunkley, Young and Dickson

I would try and get JJ into that forward line
I agree on playing JJ at half forward and would be happy to see Roughead at CHF and Tom Boyd at FF but agree with you that it probably will not happen.

boydogs
20-08-2017, 01:56 PM
How do we pick a team this week knowing if we hit the jackpot in the other games, a win could get us top 8?

We're the first game of the round too so late outs won't help

Matthew Boyd wasn't that bad IMO when he was playing so happy for him to come in. Wouldn't go as far as Lipinski, Collins, English though

Stringer out, M Boyd in, JJ forward

always right
20-08-2017, 02:24 PM
In
Moyd for his last game
Webb for Dunkley
Lapinski for Stringer

Out
Dickson
Dunkley
Stringer

bornadog
24-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Bevo Confirms in press Conference, Matty Boyd and Patrick Lipinski to play.

chef
24-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Great news.

ReLoad
24-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Boyd is going to be a wrecking ball. cant wait for him to kill Hodge :)

Ozza
24-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Sounds like (from Bevo's presser) Cloke may struggle to come up after the 6 day break. Could we see 'Camhead' re-enter the fray?

comrade
24-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Glad Matty Boyd gets to say a proper good bye and then hopefully leads the Footscray team deep into the VFL finals.

Excited for the Lipinksi debut.

Ready for the season to finally have a bullet put in it.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Glad Matty Boyd gets to say a proper good bye and then hopefully leads the Footscray team deep into the VFL finals.

Excited for the Lipinksi debut.

Ready for the season to finally have a bullet put in it.

Agreed. Amazing how things can go.....back to normal really fast. Was a great ride in 2016 but this year has brought us back to reality with a thud. All of a sudden back to being excited by debutantes and fishing for offseason news. It was great to have that distraction last year :-) . Hoping for 2018 to be top 4. In the meantime Boydy and Murph deserve a great farewell game. I hope the players can at least give them that this year.

Lipinski will give us something to hope for next season so i look forward to seeing what he can do.

KT31
24-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Great news about Boyd, sad I won't be at the game to see "The Pelican's Own" retire.

Insufficient Intent
24-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Great news about Boyd, sad I won't be at the game to see "The Pelican's Own" retire.

Pardon my ignorance (most people do!), what's the meaning of "The Pelican's Own"? Never seen it used before.

Rocket Science
24-08-2017, 07:31 PM
INS Boyd, Lipinski, Campbell

OUTS Cloke, Stringer, Dickson - the latter dropped.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2017, 07:33 PM

No Tom Boyd, No Stringer, No Redders, No Cloke, No Dickson - I guess BTC is full forward.

comrade
24-08-2017, 07:34 PM

Happy enough with that, hope we're prepared to play chaos ball and not just bomb it in high (not holding my breath).

Rocket Science
24-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Happy enough with that, hope we're prepared to play chaos ball and not just bomb it in high (not holding my breath).

Predicting a world record for defensive-50 intercept marks by Shaun Burgoyne.

Hang the result, provided Zaine gives it to Sicily at some stage I'll be a happy camper.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Surely Dickson is skating thin ice - is he contracted?

Nice to see Lipinski debut

GVGjr
24-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Surely Dickson is skating thin ice - is he contracted?

Nice to see Lipinski debut

I think he is contracted

Sedat
24-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Roughy very lucky to survive the chop this week

Bullies
24-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Roughy very lucky to survive the chop this week Good call. He has dodged the bullets a bit this year.

Doc26
24-08-2017, 08:52 PM
How lean do we look for goal kicking forwards !
It would seem Bailey Dale is now our key forward.

KT31
24-08-2017, 09:24 PM
How lean do we look for goal kicking forwards !
It would seem Bailey Dale is now our key forward.

Picken at fullforward maybe?

KT31
24-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Pardon my ignorance (most people do!), what's the meaning of "The Pelican's Own"? Never seen it used before.

Not ignorant at all II, it's stems from a personal meeting a few years back.
It's one of the reasons I hold Matty in such esteem and why up on the Sapphire Coast he is called "The Pelicans Own".

Mantis
25-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I think he is contracted

If Dickson is signed up that would make it 3 or 4 that we carry into next season that perhaps wouldn't be there if a contract wasn't already in place... Not a great result.

Hope we can send off Bob and Boydy in good fashion, but kicking a winning score looks problematic.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Congratulations Patrick Lipinski on your first game, well earned. Look forward to a great career at the Dogs.

bornadog
25-08-2017, 10:16 AM
If Dickson is signed up that would make it 3 or 4 that we carry into next season that perhaps wouldn't be there if a contract wasn't already in place... Not a great result.

Hope we can send off Bob and Boydy in good fashion, but kicking a winning score looks problematic.

Dickson virtually didn't have a pre-season and has been troubled with injury the whole season. If he can get a good preseason under his belt, I think he is still dangerous around goal and his forward pressure is also there.

I am not too worried he has a contract for next year. I would expect at least a 35 to 40 goal return in 2018.

Insufficient Intent
25-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Not ignorant at all II, it's stems from a personal meeting a few years back.
It's one of the reasons I hold Matty in such esteem and why up on the Sapphire Coast he is called "The Pelicans Own".

Thanks for the heads-up KT31.
So grateful The Pelicans have graciously shared such a champ and role model with us for all these years.