PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Lin Jong, Tom Boyd & Shane Biggs

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Lin Jong - 49 Games - 50 games this week!
Tom Boyd - 48 Games - 50 games the week after this
Shane Biggs - 47 Games - 50 games the week after Tom

We are starting to see the curve in experience towards more 50 game and 100 game players, towards their career optimum range. With Crameri on 99, Wallis on 95, Macrae 87, Stringer 81 & Dickson 81 games, JJ 74, Bonts 73, Hunter 72, Jong 49, Boyd 48, Biggs 47, Roberts 45, Daniel 42.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Can a mod change the auto correct error in the title please.

Bulldog Joe
05-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Can a mod change the auto correct error in the title please.

Done.

1eyedog
05-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Lin Jong - 49 Games - 50 games this week!
Tom Boyd - 48 Games - 50 games the week after this
Shane Biggs - 47 Games - 50 games the week after Tom

We are starting to see the curve in experience towards more 50 game and 100 game players, towards their career optimum range. With Crameri on 99, Wallis on 95, Macrae 87, Stringer 81 & Dickson 81 games, JJ 74, Bonts 73, Hunter 72, Jong 49, Boyd 48, Biggs 47, Roberts 45, Daniel 42.

Time flies when you're having fun. All three have progressed exactly as you'd expect. More importantly Biggs and Boyd had massive, massive moments in the finals. I love Biggs in the side he's just so desperate he's really a Dale Morris clone minus the size.

Due to injuries last year we've also given significant game time exposure to McLean, Cordy and Dunkley as well. All three have been at the coal face and that's invaluable. We've done the same with Williams and Dale this years and reaped more dividends.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Time flies when you're having fun. All three have progressed exactly as you'd expect. More importantly Biggs and Boyd had massive, massive moments in the finals. I love Biggs in the side he's just so desperate he's really a Dale Morris clone minus the size.

Due to injuries last year we've also got significant game time exposure to McLean, Cordy and Dunkley as well. All three have been at the coal face and that's invaluable. We've done the same with Williams and Dale this years and reaped more dividends.

Again, great value from the rookie Jong, and former rookie turned steak knives trade Biggs. Very happy to have 50+ gamers coming out of those recruitments. And getting value out of a #1 draft pick player.

Twodogs
05-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Again, great value from the rookie Jong, and former rookie turned steak knives trade Biggs. Very happy to have 50+ gamers coming out of those recruitments. And getting value out of a #1 draft pick player.

As a matter of interest is that 50 games with us for Biggsy or his total number of AFL games? I assume it's AFL games but he's such a bulldog of a player it's hard to imagine (or admit) that he ever played for another AFL club.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 07:03 PM
As a matter of interest is that 50 games with us for Biggsy or his total number of AFL games? I assume it's AFL games but he's such a bulldog of a player it's hard to imagine (or admit) that he ever played for another AFL club.

41 Dogs
6 Swans

3-0 against Ryan Gryphone at Dogs & GWS, including smashing him one-on-one as a Swan vs Dogs.

Twodogs
05-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Should probably just forget those six games.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Not the day he smashes Gryphone. I think that game would've made us really, really pay attention to what he could do. Gyphone was the thoroughbred matched up against a stragler from the bush, but got out run by the Flemington straight. I know watching that I was personally really happy we got him, and cheap.

bornadog
05-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Can't believe Jong is going to hit 50 games. We are starting to get some experience into the team.

Peter Gordon was right, we are the danger

1eyedog
05-06-2017, 08:13 PM

You've got a memory like an elephant and a loyalty that never dims. I guess its why players put a strong emphasis on being one club players. The fans know them and remember them for it.

Eastdog
05-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Can't believe Jong is going to hit 50 games. We are starting to get some experience into the team.

Peter Gordon was right, we are the danger

Been really impressed with how he has gone this year. He is having a very good season.

Twodogs
05-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Not the day he smashes Gryphone. I think that game would've made us really, really pay attention to what he could do. Gyphone was the thoroughbred matched up against a stragler from the bush, but got out run by the Flemington straight. I know watching that I was personally really happy we got him, and cheap.

Who? Griffum. Never heard of him, what song did he sing?

You've got a memory like an elephant and a loyalty that never dims. I guess its why players put a strong emphasis on being one club players. The fans know them and remember them for it.

I still haven't quite forgiven Gary Dempsey yet.

merantau
05-06-2017, 10:28 PM
I am a big fan of all three. Biggs and Tom Boyd were so important during the finals campaign. Who can forget "The Wall of Biggs" during the Grandfinal?

Eastdog
05-06-2017, 10:40 PM
I am a big fan of all three. Biggs and Tom Boyd were so important during the finals campaign. Who can forget "The Wall of Biggs" during the Grandfinal?

Boyd's brillance as well. Some of those marks he took were fantastic. We need to do another woofcast of the Grand Final but hopefully another GF win isn't to far away.