Essendon v Port Adelaide Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Sunday June 11

Carlton v GWS Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Monday June 12

Melbourne v Collingwood MCG 3.20pm

Byes: Geelong, North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast

boydogs
05-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Same scenario as before the 2016 finals, bye then a Thursday game. Let's hope for the same result

It's probably a good thing as it will mean 8 day breaks as we go back to playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday

1eyedog
06-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Adelaide should get the Aints off our hammer. Would be nice if the cheats could clean up Port for us.

bornadog
06-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Adelaide should get the Aints off our hammer. Would be nice if the cheats could clean up Port for us.

Sounds like we are getting close to rooting time.

Ozza
06-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Be nice to have the lions knock off the dockers at the Gabba. Would push Freo out of the race too you'd think.

Twodogs
06-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Sounds like we are getting close to rooting time.

Yep the bye has been and gone.

It's time to root! Where is T&T?

Bulldog Joe
06-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Same scenario as before the 2016 finals, bye then a Thursday game. Let's hope for the same result

It's probably a good thing as it will mean 8 day breaks as we go back to playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Except we go Sunday (10 days), Saturday (6), Saturday (7) and Friday (6).

Bulldog Joe
06-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Be nice to have the lions knock off the dockers at the Gabba. Would push Freo out of the race too you'd think.

I give Brisbane a big chance. Something looks seriously amiss with the Dockers.

Happy Days
06-06-2017, 05:29 PM
I give Brisbane a big chance. Something looks seriously amiss with the Dockers.

The Dockers on paper are probably the 16th best side in the competition. It's been an amazing effort for them to have done as well as they have, particularly given Fyfe has hardly fired a shot.

comrade
06-06-2017, 10:35 PM
The Dockers on paper are probably the 16th best side in the competition. It's been an amazing effort for them to have done as well as they have, particularly given Fyfe has hardly fired a shot.

Funnily enough their best performance was against us, by far. They limped in against a few teams, and copped a some poundings. Their percentage is laughable for a team hanging the top 8.

bornadog
07-06-2017, 12:11 AM
Funnily enough their best performance was against us, by far. They limped in against a few teams, and copped a some poundings. Their percentage is laughable for a team hanging the top 8.

Sandilands made a big difference that night.

Remi Moses
07-06-2017, 12:35 AM
I think a few of their efforts away from home have been decent .
They dominated Richmond for 3 quarters ( who have improved markedly) and a good win against an inconsistent Melbourne .
Don't think they'll make the eight, but they've improved .

merantau
10-06-2017, 04:30 AM
Adelaide got the silver service treatment again last night. Obviously tagging is now being put under the microscope. Rory Sloane got some very soft frees. Coby Stevens did a great job on him. Adelaide definitely the best side by a long way at the moment.

Dry Rot
10-06-2017, 05:28 PM
That's the first time I have ever heard the Sun's song.

Topdog
10-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Port Adelaide getting smashed in Melbourne by the Bombers

jeemak
10-06-2017, 09:54 PM
I don't know whether to be happy the Bombers are smashing Port, or angry we'll get off the hook somewhat because of it.

Remi Moses
11-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Just returned from Cairns .
Blimey :confused:
Essendon flog port, and Brissie flog freo

ratsmac
11-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately am I seeing some similarities with Essendon and the 2015 Bulldogs? They have the same fight and spirit that took us from bottom 4 to finals. They are inconsistent which is consistent to the dogs of 2015. Pricks.

Topdog
11-06-2017, 12:16 PM
No not even similar game styles. They required no fight whatsoever yesterday as Port thought they had the bye

bulldogsthru&thru
11-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Am I the only one still peeved the cheats got the number 1 pick last year because they cheated? Or should I feel sorry for them like the media do?

westdog54
11-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Am I the only one still peeved the cheats got the number 1 pick last year because they cheated? Or should I feel sorry for them like the media do?

The worst decision the AFEL ever made was to go chasing the 'Interim Report' and applying sanctions in 2013. It left their hands tied when players were actually charged by ASADA.

Had they simply let the investigation play out and provide material support where they could, the draft sanctions could have been applied far more thoroughly and properly, and they probably would have extracted more from Essendon staff as well.

Instead they were given one lean season, watered down draft penalties and now boast Andrew McGrath on their list. Who is a bloody good player.

ratsmac
11-06-2017, 01:29 PM
No not even similar game styles. They required no fight whatsoever yesterday as Port thought they had the bye

I'm not suggesting that their game style is the same as ours so much, although the speed through the middle of the ground they move the ball is comparable of the 2015 Bulldogs. I'm talking more about the momentum and exciting football they are playing at times. I'm not trying to pump them up by any means because I hate them just as much as the next bloke.

Topdog
11-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Nope I bring it up often still. It was an absolute disgrace

Happy Days
11-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Alright who else is secretly a little pumped for the return of the COMPETITIVE EXPLOSIVE BEAST today? Don't be shy!

bornadog
11-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Alright who else is secretly a little pumped for the return of the COMPETITIVE EXPLOSIVE BEAST today? Don't be shy!

me me me :D:D

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 05:28 PM

No goals to half time. He's playing full back?

bornadog
11-06-2017, 05:29 PM
No goals to half time. He's playing full back?

He has been reinvented.

Remi Moses
11-06-2017, 05:29 PM
This is what could cost GWS . They just get selfish, and want to play an uncontested brand

Topdog
11-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Carlton look like they could win today. Hope they do

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 05:32 PM
He has been reinvented.

Well? (As in reinvented well, or just reinvented)

bornadog
11-06-2017, 05:32 PM
This is what could cost GWS . They just get selfish, and want to play an uncontested brand

I hate The Carlton football Club with a passion, I don't hate their players. I hate everything about GWS, especially their smart eleck players, so go Carlton, put them away.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 05:34 PM
I hate The Carlton football Club with a passion, I don't hate their players. I hate everything about GWS, especially their smart eleck players, so go Carlton, put them away.

Channeling 90's rockers Ugly Kid Joe. Nice work.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 05:43 PM
If you're taking random 90's music requests as posts, Push The Little Daiseys by Ween please.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Lucky to hold on, but happy to see GWS to not steal another one.

jeemak
11-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Great win from the Blues. So happy for GWS not to have won, through being selfish.

Toby Greene's a real shite, and he received everything that was coming to him today. Four misses in the last, couldn't be happier for him.

divvydan
11-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Well? (As in reinvented well, or just reinvented)

Jones was frankly outstanding today and went a long way to helping Carlton win.

bornadog
11-06-2017, 06:58 PM

We could do with him right now in the backline. :)

Remi Moses
Complete selfishness and arrogance . Own worst enemy.
What about Heath Gobby shaw directing traffic when Greene tried to kick it to him.

bornadog
Great win from the Blues. So happy for GWS not to have won, through being selfish.

Toby Greene's a real shite, and he received everything that was coming to him today. Four misses in the last, couldn't be happier for him.

Has Toby also been reported - little shit.

Remi Moses
11-06-2017, 06:59 PM
We could do with him right now in the backline. :)

I think the term one swallow and a summer spring to mind

bulldogtragic
11-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Fair enough. With 11 games until his contract is up, he's timed it well showing them anything. He might just eck another contract!

GVGjr
11-06-2017, 07:01 PM

Carlton have assembled a versatile back line and if Jones can continue to perform like he did today they'll get a few more wins before the end of the year.

merantau
11-06-2017, 07:03 PM

Yeah, I'm rapt. Don't like CFC but don't mind some of their players. OTOH I can't stomach the whole GWS contrivization. And their players? Has there ever been a more unlikable bunch? Was great to see Pinhead Greene go for glory and burn his team. Self-absorbed, narcissistic, serial pest.

GVGjr
11-06-2017, 07:03 PM

That miss from a few mtrs out that I think gave them the lead was telling. As good as a player he has been this year Leon Cameron should rip him a new one on some of his efforts today.

jeemak
11-06-2017, 07:13 PM
That miss from a few mtrs out that I think gave them the lead was telling. As good as a player he has been this year Leon Cameron should rip him a new one on some of his efforts today.

Yep, absolute glory boy.

Sedat
11-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Hands down the best coach in the competition at the moment is Brendan Bolton. What he is doing with the talent at his disposal is out of this world. Shattered they got rid of Malthouse and they now have someone that knows what the hell they are doing.

macca
11-06-2017, 09:23 PM
His actually turned some players around . simpson and Docherty look very skilful off half back today. PLowman looks to be a player and Marchbank has come out of no where. LIam jones has managed to reserect his career as a backman , incredible really consider the amount of criticism he has copped

bulldogtragic
12-06-2017, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't mind Petracca demanding a trade to our club, despite having another year on his contract.

AndrewP6
12-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Dees have had some good minutes. Just taken the lead. Come on Dees!!!

bornadog
12-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Dees have had some good minutes. Just taken the lead. Come on Dees!!!

As a Bulldog supporter, I would prefer Collingwood win as that would mean they have 6 wins from 12 games, compared to our 6 from 11.

bulldogtragic
12-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Bad round by and large. Richmond, Essendon, Port & Melbourne above us while we are just 1% off being out of the 8.

Time for the coaches & players to find the 'break in case of emergency' container and smash it for whatever's inside it.

AndrewP6
12-06-2017, 07:27 PM
As a Bulldog supporter, I would prefer Collingwood win as that would mean they have 6 wins from 12 games, compared to our 6 from 11.

I can't support Collingwood winning, no matter the cost!

Remi Moses
12-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I just care what's best for us . Reckon the pies got the wrong end of the umpiring ( get ready for an epic whinge )
Melbourne's mids got them back in it, as they got slaughtered early .
Petracca is a jet .

bornadog
12-06-2017, 07:43 PM
I just care what's best for us . Reckon the pies got the wrong end of the umpiring ( get ready for an epic whinge )
Melbourne's mids got them back in it, as they got slaughtered early .
Petracca is a jet .

Those last couple of free kicks were unbelievable bad umpiring.

bornadog
12-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Bad round by and large. Richmond, Essendon, Port & Melbourne above us while we are just 1% off being out of the 8.

Time for the coaches & players to find the 'break in case of emergency' container and smash it for whatever's inside it.

We have to say stuff the other results, we must win win win.

Flamethrower
12-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Time for #freekickdemons.

Earlier today it was #freewhistlepenguins watching game 6 of the Stanley Cup. Nashville fans would be fuming after a premature whistle cost them big time.

macca
12-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Buckleys Gawwwwn! Headlines this coming week

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 09:10 PM
I think the term one swallow and a summer spring to mind

Yep. I like Liam but I'd want to see him in this sort of form for the rest of the season before I started taking contract extension for him. The recent history of the AFL is littered with players who only played good footy in the last year of each of their contractual cycles.

Hands down the best coach in the competition at the moment is Brendan Bolton. What he is doing with the talent at his disposal is out of this world. Shattered they got rid of Malthouse and they now have someone that knows what the hell they are doing.

He's, or they, have been given some pretty good young talent to work with and they are developing it almost perfectly.

I can't support Collingwood winning, no matter the cost!

They are just an ordinary club with an ordinary team and a mass delusion of grandeur,