PDA

View Full Version : Jarryd Harbrow blows his licence.

Twodogs
05-06-2017, 09:00 PM
SEN are reporting that Jazz blew .105 on a RBT on the Gold Coast last night. He has been suspended from playing this week against Hawthorn.

bornadog
05-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Was drinking at home Sunday night and got caught next morning. Must have been a heavy session to still blow .108 in the morning.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2017, 09:23 PM
On the flip side, it's good to know that playing group has switched back to over indulging in alcohol now Karmichael & others were moved on.

jeemak
06-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Snigger all we might, there's not many of us of legal age who wouldn't have run that gauntlet a number of times, consciously or otherwise.

AndrewP6
06-06-2017, 01:16 AM
Snigger all we might, there's not many of us of legal age who wouldn't have run that gauntlet a number of times, consciously or otherwise.

More than three times the limit the morning after??? Nope, not me.

jeemak
06-06-2017, 01:25 AM
More than three times the limit the morning after??? Nope, not me.

Actually, twice the legal limit.

What I'm suggesting is that there's times when people don't know when they're over the morning after, and times they do and in each case they decide to drive.

westdog54
06-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Was drinking at home Sunday night and got caught next morning. Must have been a heavy session to still blow .108 in the morning.

People are often very surprised at how long it takes alcohol to leave the body.

Twodogs
06-06-2017, 09:11 AM

And different people have different times depending on size and stuff. I wonder if fitness levels have anything to do with it?

westdog54
06-06-2017, 09:36 AM
And different people have different times depending on size and stuff. I wonder if fitness levels have anything to do with it?

Higher levels of metabolism can speed up the process.

One that few people know: your blood alcohol concentration can still be increasing an hour after your last drink.

AndrewP6
06-06-2017, 05:26 PM

What I'm suggesting is that there's times when people don't know when they're over the morning after, and times they do and in each case they decide to drive.

Maths was never a strong point! :eek:

Twodogs
06-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Sounds to me like the lines between last night and the next morning might have run into one another and Jazz has got a bit confused about which one was when.

It's an easy mistake to make...

Remi Moses
06-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Who ? I'd forgotten about him

Axe Man
06-06-2017, 06:10 PM

I once was tested at about 3 in the afternoon following a fairly big night and must have blown not much below 0.05 (the cop didn't tell me the number). I hadn't had a drink for over 12 hours. You can easily be well over the following morning.

ratsmac
06-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Silly boy. Yep you have to be careful after a big sesh. You have to question the professionalism and the attitudes of the Gold Coast players having big drinking sessions during the season.

westdog54
06-06-2017, 07:33 PM
I once was tested at about 3 in the afternoon following a fairly big night and must have blown not much below 0.05 (the cop didn't tell me the number). I hadn't had a drink for over 12 hours. You can easily be well over the following morning.

Correct. And your judgement is no less impaired.

Just because you feel better than the night before does not mean you're fit to be driving.

Twodogs
06-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Correct. And your judgement is no less impaired.

Just because you feel better than the night before does not mean you're fit to be driving.

I wouldn't be fit to drive after one drink I reckon given how seldom I drink. last time I had a G & T I was woozy for a few hours after.