PDA

View Full Version : Libba - 'Non Injury Related’

LostDoggy
12-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Libba should be in our team because he is a tough in and under midfielder who needs opposition attention or he is a matchwinner for us. Opposition teams need to assign one or two of their players to Libba and this frees up other members of our team. Surely the match committee recognise this!! Bring back Libba!

The bulldog tragician
12-06-2017, 03:56 PM
I have the feeling Libba is not the sort of guy who will respond to 'tough love' as Jake and Jack Macrae did. I guess we don't really know what's going on but he seems so essential to our team that I'm hoping to see his name in the list for this really crucial game.

bornadog
12-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Is Libba at his optimal peak to play senior Footy after coming back to preseason under done.
I agree with the OP, he must be back this week. He is averaging 21 disposals at VFL level and as TBT says, he is not going to respond with much more playing in the twos.

Eastdog
12-06-2017, 04:15 PM
He is a very important player. I hope he gets his form back soon. We need a few others to find some form back Bonti, Picken, Hunter. We just need a spark from somewhere.

GVGjr
12-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Is Libba at his optimal peak to play senior Footy after coming back to preseason under done.
I agree with the OP, he must be back this week. He is averaging 21 disposals at VFL level and as TBT says, he is not going to respond with much more playing in the twos.

I think you are giving him credit he might not deserve.
Essentially you seem to be saying he's too proud to respond to being dropped to the twos for much longer but he clearly wasn't proud enough to come back from his break in peak condition. He's been regarded as one of the hardest workers on the track since he arrived at the club and as much as I'd like to have him back in the line up this week I'll go with the MC on this one. He needs to have done the work

Those images of Liberatore playing football in Vietnam and the fact that we now find out since his omission that he came back a long way underdone doesn't paint a good picture of how much he's slipped back. It's hard to imagine a player with his reputation of being a hard trainer still hasn't caught up by the mid way mark of the season.

Remi Moses
12-06-2017, 04:40 PM
^^ Great post . Nailed it

Eastdog
12-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Such an important game coming up and we need our best players out there.

Remi Moses
12-06-2017, 04:51 PM

That's true, but our best players have to be playing decent footy, and have the fitness to play their role .
Tom clearly hasn't rocked up in good enough shape for the season .
Not good enough for a professional sportsman .

Bulldog4life
12-06-2017, 06:00 PM
According to Bevo Honey and Webb are in front of Libba. Whether he has decided who plays who knows.

Rocco Jones
12-06-2017, 06:19 PM
According to Bevo Honey and Webb are in front of Libba. Whether he has decided who plays who knows.

That was prior to the VFL game was it not? I believe he had Honey, Webb and Libba in that order. From VFL reports it seems like Webb whilst Libba seemed to do a bit more than Honey.

Bulldog4life
12-06-2017, 06:57 PM
That was prior to the VFL game was it not? I believe he had Honey, Webb and Libba in that order. From VFL reports it seems like Webb whilst Libba seemed to do a bit more than Honey.

Not sure. Was it at his presser after the game against Sydney?

bornadog
12-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Not sure. Was it at his presser after the game against Sydney?

no his presser before the Sydney game.

Bulldog4life
12-06-2017, 08:27 PM
no his presser before the Sydney game.

Ok thanks

boydogs
12-06-2017, 09:39 PM

Does that mean you think Libba should play?

It's not a club imposed suspension for off-field behaviour, it's purely on form and output that he is not getting games

I want him to get back to his best and get back into the team because we could really use him

Eastdog
12-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Does that mean you think Libba should play?

It's not a club imposed suspension for off-field behaviour, it's purely on form and output that he is not getting games

I want him to get back to his best and get back into the team because we could really use him

I think it would be good if he did play. Big game coming up and his stats were quite good in the VFL last Friday night.

MrMahatma
13-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Those images of Liberatore playing football in Vietnam and the fact that we now find out since his omission that he came back a long way underdone doesn't paint a good picture of how much he's slipped back. It's hard to imagine a player with his reputation of being a hard trainer still hasn't caught up by the mid way mark of the season.

Wasn't the comment more that he "wasn't in as good shape as the start of last season"? Rather than him being a long way underdone? I thought he was being asked to work on his offensive game?

Maybe I missed something...

GVGjr
13-06-2017, 03:33 AM
Wasn't the comment more that he "wasn't in as good shape as the start of last season"? Rather than him being a long way underdone? I thought he was being asked to work on his offensive game?

Maybe I missed something...

I think it was also said that he hadn't done the work.

Mantis
13-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I think it was also said that he hadn't done the work.

Who rectifies that?

You would think our conditioning team would be all over that during pre -season (analysing GPS data) and would rectify it then & there.

Topdog
13-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Who rectifies that?

You would think our conditioning team would be all over that during pre -season (analysing GPS data) and would rectify it then & there.

Yeah but we hear all the time that if you miss (or dont do the work) preseason you basically play catch up for the rest of the year and cant catch up.

GVGjr
13-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Who rectifies that?

Yes you would. It hasn't been lost on me that once Mitch Wallis was available Liberatore was sent to the VFL.

Libba wasn't getting to as many contests as last season and the ones he got to he wasn't influencing them in the manner we have grown as we expect.
To me that comes down to either carrying an injury or not being fit enough.

1eyedog
14-06-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't really want to see Libba playing at North Melbourne next year. Bevo is making a mistake IMO Libba needs to find form at AFL level.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2017, 09:19 PM
I don't really want to see Libba playing at North Melbourne next year. Bevo is making a mistake IMO Libba needs to find form at AFL level.

Is that off the cuff, or is Libba being linked to North?

KT31
14-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Couple of months back a rumour ( a Mate with some pretty reliable sources and has been spot on a few times) told me Libba was on his last chance at the club, at the time I took it with a grain of salt but the current circumstance may suggest there is something in it.

Bulldog4life
15-06-2017, 11:28 AM
On a brighter note according to today's HUN Libba had 132 ranking points last match with the VFL side. 104 came in the second half. It was the fourth-best half of any player in the VFL this season.

bornadog
15-06-2017, 11:55 AM
On a brighter note according to today's HUN Libba had 132 ranking points last match with the VFL side. 104 came in the second half. It was the fourth-best half of any player in the VFL this season.

I think that will get him back in this week.

Bulldog4life
15-06-2017, 12:49 PM

I hope so

cinder
15-06-2017, 01:34 PM
We need to bring him back this week, no qualms about it.

westdog54
15-06-2017, 04:45 PM

If it doesn't there would have to be serious questions asked about what is keeping him out.

Eastdog
15-06-2017, 05:41 PM
If it doesn't there would have to be serious questions asked about what is keeping him out.

Yes speculation will start which is something we don't need on top of the JJ contract.

bornadog
15-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Back in this week according to Mark Stevens

Ozza
15-06-2017, 10:48 PM

The 7 inside 50s tells me he has gotten involved on the spread - which is what Beveridge specifically said was one of the major reason he wasn't in the side. The rest of the talk has been a whole lot of noise - we need him back influencing games - and that's a step in the right direction.

jeemak
15-06-2017, 11:00 PM
I wonder if they've been loading him up for three weeks over the last month and then tapered a bit leading into his most recent game.

That might explain why he's looked a bit knackered week in week out at the lower level and why he's come good late.

To KT31's post, I know the club was significantly pissed with his antics in the off season, Bevo made a pointed comment about his insurance post the Vietnam footage and he was spot on for doing so. I get that Libba wants to be a bit different and that's fine, but he accepts the contract terms and the pay that comes with it and if he's going to continue to do that he needs to hold himself to a higher standard than he's demonstrated.

Twodogs
16-06-2017, 07:04 AM
Who rectifies that?

Yes you would. It hasn't been lost on me that once Mitch Wallis was available Liberatore was sent to the VFL.

Libba wasn't getting to as many contests as last season and the ones he got to he wasn't influencing them in the manner we have grown as we expect.
To me that comes down to either carrying an injury or not being fit enough.

I'm guessing but maybe he did enough without doing all the extras that he did previous pre seasons? A couple of years ago I saw him training with a couple of trainers on Christmas Day. Maybe he just didn't do as much last pre season?

bornadog
16-06-2017, 02:58 PM
I get that Libba wants to be a bit different and that's fine, but he accepts the contract terms and the pay that comes with it and if he's going to continue to do that he needs to hold himself to a higher standard than he's demonstrated.

My wife who is not a big follower, says Libba needs to stop being silly and grow up.

Twodogs
16-06-2017, 03:55 PM
My wife who is not a big follower, says Libba needs to stop being silly and grow up.

If it were that simple we'd all do it.

bornadog
16-06-2017, 04:02 PM
If it were that simple we'd all do it.

If you were paid a shit load of money and were in the public eye, in a premiership team, I am sure it wouldn't be hard to act professionally. I guess we are all human.

Twodogs
16-06-2017, 05:10 PM
If you were paid a shit load of money and were in the public eye, in a premiership team, I am sure it wouldn't be hard to act professionally. I guess we are all human.

You can't expect rational behaviour though by the very nature of the illness. It's like your brain turns against you and fights to protect its corner and things that should make sense make no sense and things that that make no sense seem sensible. It takes a lot more to fix than just being told to lift your game. Already tried that but it didn't work.

bulldogtragic
16-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome back, Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Welcome back, Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Libba does have a little resemblance to Horshack...

bornadog
17-06-2017, 12:30 AM
Libba does have a little resemblance to Horshack...
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-cDAqrywsHE/maxresdefault.jpg

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-06-2017, 12:34 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-cDAqrywsHE/maxresdefault.jpg

That's been Libba for the last 3 weeks out front of the Match Committee meetings.. Ooooh OOoooh Mr Beveridge....???

bornadog
18-06-2017, 09:57 PM
I thought Libba was one that gave his all today. 29 Disposals, 9 tackles, 5 inside 50's and a great goal.

Doc26
18-06-2017, 10:04 PM
I thought Libba was one that gave his all today. 29 Disposals, 9 tackles, 5 inside 50's and a great goal.
Agree BD. A bit rusty but was one of our few positives for the day.

bulldogtragic
18-06-2017, 10:05 PM

Second the motion. The only knock I had was some of the I50's, but he's not alone. If he does that each week, he never plays VFL ever again.

hujsh
18-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Just to make it look even more like a game from the BMac era

Scorlibo
19-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Second the motion. The only knock I had was some of the I50's, but he's not alone. If he does that each week, he never plays VFL ever again.

He also had one of the best inside fifties - a bullet to the opposite forward pocket, where Dickson and another one of our forwards squabbled for the ball in the air and mucked it up. Should have been a goal.

WBFC4FFC
19-06-2017, 05:22 PM
He also had one of the best inside fifties - a bullet to the opposite forward pocket, where Dickson and another one of our forwards squabbled for the ball in the air and mucked it up. Should have been a goal.

Given the mark paid down the other end to Watts it was a mark to Dickson that was not paid. That and a couple to Boyd near the end of the second! Great consistency, paying the only one closest to goal too!!!!

bornadog
19-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Given the mark paid down the other end to Watts it was a mark to Dickson that was not paid. That and a couple to Boyd near the end of the second! Great consistency, paying the only one closest to goal too!!!!

WTF was Watts paid a free for, I did not get that one.

bulldogtragic
19-06-2017, 06:43 PM

It wasn't a bad option, but he also had an option of Tom Boyd 40m straight in front with a big gap on his defender. I guess if Dicko is paid the mark I'd be a softer judge, but I thought Tom Boyd was the better option, easier option if he lowered his eyes a bit.

Topdog
19-06-2017, 06:56 PM
WTF was Watts paid a free for, I did not get that one.

He was paid a mark! Held it for about 0.5 seconds. Umps were terrible (both ways) yesterday

bulldogtragic
19-06-2017, 06:58 PM
He was paid a mark! Held it for about 0.5 seconds. Umps were terrible (both ways) yesterday

Yep, held it less than Dicko.

Bulldog4life
20-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Agree on that mark to Watts. Unbelievable when I saw the replay. The certainly had the rub of the green all match.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2017, 03:27 PM
In regards to Libba's form. I heard Jordan Lewis say the following on Afl360
Melbourne midfielder Jordan Lewis was full of praise for Liberatore but explained that all players have to battle through form issues.

“When you’re a quality player like that, you get a little bit more attention and the game’s probably a bit harder,” Lewis said.

“He’s the best player that I’ve played on around a stoppage, he has what they call fast feet, he goes from here to here to here to here and then he’s gone before you know it.

“No doubt he’ll work out a way to get through this form slump as players do and he’ll be a great asset come the back end of the season.”

Webby
06-09-2017, 12:43 PM
I've heard a couple of troubling things from unrelated sources about Libba of late.

Hopefully untrue and he's fully focused on getting the best out of himself over the coming months. The 2016 flag might've been a bit of a double edged sword for him.. Fingers and toes crossed!

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2017, 01:16 PM
I've heard a couple of troubling things from unrelated sources about Libba of late.

Hopefully untrue and he's fully focused on getting the best out of himself over the coming months. The 2016 flag might've been a bit of a double edged sword for him.. Fingers and toes crossed!

Are they related to his issues whilst recovering from his ACL?

I hope they're untrue as well but it also wouldn't surprise me.

jeemak
06-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Let's not beat around the bush here, what are the issues?

ledge
06-09-2017, 03:30 PM
All I know is I was at the GWS game sitting with the media and he ran off the bench and I must say his backside looked a lot larger than i had seen before .. Was it the shorts, did he have them on backwards , I don't know but his body shape wasn't the same as last year.

KT31
06-09-2017, 04:22 PM

Heard a few thing myself and was hoping it was just rumour mongering.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Let's not beat around the bush here, what are the issues?

Moscow hotel room. Pee tape. I can't say anything more.

Twodogs
06-09-2017, 06:09 PM
All I know is I was at the GWS game sitting with the media and he ran off the bench and I must say his backside looked a lot larger than i had seen before .. Was it the shorts, did he have them on backwards , I don't know but his body shape wasn't the same as last year.

It as Liam Picken with his shorts on backwards I think.

ledge
06-09-2017, 06:17 PM

I know I was joking. But Libba looked like he had widened out.

bornadog
06-09-2017, 06:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIErDUPUMAE_t-r.jpg

S Coast Simon
06-09-2017, 11:32 PM
What a legend. I mean Jordan Lewis for the things he said about Libba. Yes he had a crap year but he is human after all not the robot the general public think these footballers are. The whole organisation had a premiership hangover if you want to call it that. The premiership last year was the culmination of years and years of heartbreak for generations of loyal Doggies people. It had to affect you if you have any emotions in your body. They would have learned a lot this year and will be a force again next year

Topdog
07-09-2017, 08:08 AM
What did Lewis say?

Webby
07-09-2017, 09:19 AM
What a legend. I mean Jordan Lewis for the things he said about Libba. Yes he had a crap year but he is human after all not the robot the general public think these footballers are. The whole organisation had a premiership hangover if you want to call it that. The premiership last year was the culmination of years and years of heartbreak for generations of loyal Doggies people. It had to affect you if you have any emotions in your body. They would have learned a lot this year and will be a force again next year

I'm sure the above applies to a huge chunk of our list. It's obvious. However with Libba, there's a bit more to it.

boydogs
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
What did Lewis say?

Libba has the fastest feet at a stoppage that he has seen, and that you don't just lose that overnight, so he will get back to his best

bornadog
19-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Only two weeks left on his contract - WTF is going on.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-10-2018, 01:30 AM
Only two weeks left on his contract - WTF is going on.

Does this come down to Libba weighing up, not whether he wants to remain with the Western Bulldogs or more broadly an AFL footballer?
If it was simply a decision about which club he wanted to be at, then the mechanisms to explore that have passed.

Topdog
20-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Does this come down to Libba weighing up, not whether he wants to remain with the Western Bulldogs or more broadly an AFL footballer?
If it was simply a decision about which club he wanted to be at, then the mechanisms to explore that have passed.

I don't think so, i mean he is already training by all reports. It's quite odd

Smads57
20-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Just speculation, but is Libba's signing the 'staged' good news story for the coming week manufactured by player and club?

Certainly the story about Moz on the club's website (released in the last 48 hours), was a great reminder of a much loved player but was its release date possibly 'contrived' by the club to placate some supporter's disappointment of not getting Wingard(?)

PS - thought the Moz story was inspirational.

Sedat
20-10-2018, 11:19 AM
I don't think so, i mean he is already training by all reports. It's quite odd
The big worry for me was the free agency period which has thankfully passed. We aren't going to delist him so I'd imagine they are sorting through a couple of minor sticking points on the new contract.

westbulldog
20-10-2018, 12:36 PM
A fit and motivated Libba will be the recruit of the year.

EasternWest
20-10-2018, 01:42 PM
A fit and motivated Libba will be the recruit of the year.

*Motovated.

Rocket Science
20-10-2018, 02:16 PM
If we don't use the word 'motovated' somewhere on our banner when we play the Cats I'll spew up.

EasternWest
20-10-2018, 07:36 PM
If we don't use the word 'motovated' somewhere on our banner when we play the Cats I'll spew up.

Bring back Danny for that game.

AshMac
22-10-2018, 07:09 PM
The big worry for me was the free agency period which has thankfully passed. We aren't going to delist him so I'd imagine they are sorting through a couple of minor sticking points on the new contract.

Do we have to actually delist him for him to be delisted? Or could his contract just expire?

There is a free agency period for delisted players 1-8 nov, so whilst it’s highly unlikely, surely it’s “possible” he could still be picked up as an FA if we let his contract just run out. Not too sure how it works - anyone know?

Axe Man
23-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Do we have to actually delist him for him to be delisted? Or could his contract just expire?

There is a free agency period for delisted players 1-8 nov, so whilst it’s highly unlikely, surely it’s “possible” he could still be picked up as an FA if we let his contract just run out. Not too sure how it works - anyone know?

Pretty much as you have suggested - if he doesn't sign a new contract by the end of the month he is effectively delisted. Just wish they would get it done and quit making us nervous!

GVGjr
23-10-2018, 11:59 AM
It's all be positive news with a theme it will get done but it's at the point now where it need's to be done.
I'll be disappointed if it's a game of brinkmanship is being played out by Liberatore and Williams.

And given it's likely to be a one year deal as has been speculated we will get to go through this again in 11 months time.

whythelongface
23-10-2018, 12:07 PM
It's all be positive news with a theme it will get done but it's at the point now where it need's to be done.
I'll be disappointed if it's a game of brinkmanship is being played out by Liberatore and Williams.

And given it's likely to be a one year deal as has been speculated we will get to go through this again in 11 months time.

What is the reasoning behind a one year deal? Is it due to his knee recons or is more to do with attitude. Apologies if this has been answered in earlier posts.

GVGjr
23-10-2018, 12:31 PM
What is the reasoning behind a one year deal? Is it due to his knee recons or is more to do with attitude. Apologies if this has been answered in earlier posts.

I'm not 100% sure but I assumed it was to give him flexibility as an unrestricted free agent next year

hujsh
23-10-2018, 01:12 PM

I'd imagine the club would be uneasy giving him a longer term deal and Libba would be expecting that he can get right this year and show he's worth a better/longer contract.

whythelongface
23-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I'd imagine the club would be uneasy giving him a longer term deal and Libba would be expecting that he can get right this year and show he's worth a better/longer contract.

ok great thanks GVGjr and hujsh for your responses. That all makes sense taking a precautionary approach.

Hopefully Tom is focused again and finds his 2016 form.

ledge
23-10-2018, 02:42 PM
I think it’s more , let’s see how the knees go and if you can get through a season without them going again.
Remember Clay Smiths reason for retiring, his knees were shot , Redpath knees were shot, would you give a player longer than a year who has had the same injuries ?

KT31
23-10-2018, 05:01 PM
I think it’s more , let’s see how the knees go and if you can get through a season without them going again.
Remember Clay Smiths reason for retiring, his knees were shot , Redpath knees were shot, would you give a player longer than a year who has had the same injuries ?

I agree on the knee but also wonder if it has something to do with the players he was hanging with and their antics.

AshMac
23-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Pretty much as you have suggested - if he doesn't sign a new contract by the end of the month he is effectively delisted. Just wish they would get it done and quit making us nervous!

Ok. Guess it’s still very unlikely as being delisted after trade period means there is less leverage in negotiating a new contract. If the media is to be believed - generally a bad idea - then he wasn’t keen on a 1 year deal, so if the contract wasn’t good enough for him he’s probably missed the chance to better it.

jeemak
24-10-2018, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure, but I thought it was publicised that Libba was tick-tacking with the club on certain performance clauses and incentives for a second year. This was about the same time that the FA window closed.

It's an interesting one, my biggest concern with him is his ability to stay on the park and I wouldn't be surprised if that was what the club was worried about too. I am pretty confident they know he's a different type of character, I think their view might be that given how hard he has clearly worked for all seasons aside from 2017, irrespective of his off field silliness, he's probably about all we need or can cope with in terms of "special needs" management - hence the clean out of the rest of them. The point being I doubt the off field Libba is the club's worry.

Honestly, I'm not confident his knees can hold up and he can stay on the park. It's a real pity he pissed away 2017, it might turn out to be his last crack at a healthy season. I hope I'm wrong, he's vital in our midfield as he frees up everyone else to play their more natural games.

The Adelaide Connection
24-10-2018, 02:50 AM
I wonder if there was a sticking point and there was some sort of "let's see how you present on x date" and they adjourned to give him time to prove his commitment before ammending the contract.

AshMac
24-10-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure, but I thought it was publicised that Libba was tick-tacking with the club on certain performance clauses and incentives for a second year. This was about the same time that the FA window closed.

It's an interesting one, my biggest concern with him is his ability to stay on the park and I wouldn't be surprised if that was what the club was worried about too. I am pretty confident they know he's a different type of character, I think their view might be that given how hard he has clearly worked for all seasons aside from 2017, irrespective of his off field silliness, he's probably about all we need or can cope with in terms of "special needs" management - hence the clean out of the rest of them. The point being I doubt the off field Libba is the club's worry.

Honestly, I'm not confident his knees can hold up and he can stay on the park. It's a real pity he pissed away 2017, it might turn out to be his last crack at a healthy season. I hope I'm wrong, he's vital in our midfield as he frees up everyone else to play their more natural games.

Yeh - the club has been pretty open about the fact they set milestones for his rehab and that he was going on holiday for a week and then his final assessment.

Agreed the off field stuff isn’t a huge concern - sure it’s monitored very closely - but agree that’s not the sticking point for contract.

Rocket Science
24-10-2018, 10:22 AM
For all the consternation I'm assuming this just gets done and Libba - gradually - reclaims his place in the engine room at a level approaching what we know he's capable of.

We need him, and I don't fancy contemplating the alternative, but if we *have* to go there Rhylee West couldn't have bobbed up at a better time.

Best case scenario is they both find their feet quickly and eat anyone alive that dare defy them at the bottom of a pack.

AshMac
25-10-2018, 08:30 PM
what is the actual date this needs to get done? presume its Oct 31st, the day before the delisted player FA.

GVGjr
25-10-2018, 08:34 PM
what is the actual date this needs to get done? presume its Oct 31st, the day before the delisted player FA.

Pretty much

GVGjr
29-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Bulldogs and Tom Liberatore see fit to commit (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-and-tom-liberatore-see-fit-to-commit-20181028-p50cg2.html)

Tom Liberatore will re-sign with the Western Bulldogs in the next fortnight. That should and should not surprise you.

It shouldn’t surprise because Liberatore is an excellent player and his re-commitment has been foreshadowed for weeks.

It should surprise a little that such a good player remained uncontracted at the Dogs for so long.
He was not sought or offered in the trade period despite his contract status. He was a free agent, so he could have walked if he wanted to, but he was keen to stay.

Why is it that approaching the end of the football year, when contracts expire at the end of October, Liberatore remains unsigned for next year?

The reason is that re-signing him was no certain thing. The Bulldogs wanted him if he was at his best, but they were worried where he was at.

They wanted to see what condition he returned to the club in. After two knee reconstructions, they wanted to be sure he was fit and ready to play.

After some distractions off the field and questions that raised of his commitment to playing and to the club, they also wanted to know where his head was at.

They are now satisfied.

Liberatore returned to the club earlier than he needed. He is well into a solid weights and running program and giving every indication he will return to his best next year.

That is welcome news at the Dogs, who lost Liberatore’s mate, midfielder and forward Luke Dahlhaus, as a free agent to Geelong. They also lost another key pair – ruckman and key position player Jordan Roughead to Collingwood and key defender Marcus Adams to Brisbane. Adams played only six games in a 2018 disrupted by ankle and shoulder injuries.

The Dogs are also poised to secure another father-son to join Liberatore, Lachie Hunter and Mitch Wallis at the Bulldogs, with Scott West’s son Rhylee to be taken as father-son in this year’s draft. Coincidentally, all four sons have attended the same school, St Kevin’s College, where West is finishing his VCE this year.

GVGjr
29-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Clearly the club has taken a wait and see approach with the Liberatore re-signing and it was very much on the player to impress the club that he was fit enough enough and focused.

Does anyone else get the impression that we are taking a tougher stance on things than say we did over the last 2 years?

Ozza
29-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Clearly the club has taken a wait and see approach with the Liberatore re-signing and it was very much on the player to impress the club that he was fit enough enough and focused.

Does anyone else get the impression that we are taking a tougher stance on things than say we did over the last 2 years?

I think it is a pretty reasonable position. 2 knee reco's, an ordinary 2017 and some behavioural issues from time to time.

I 100% want us to re-sign Libba, and with the mind and body in the right place - he can become an important player for us again.

Twodogs
29-10-2018, 02:47 PM

This might be a bit left field but could the club also be sending Oliver Liberatore a message as well? "Don't think you are going to come onboard and get away with the stunts your brother pulled when he first got to the club?" Like I say I might be right off the mark and it obviously isn't the whole reason and from what I've heard Oliver is a lot calmer than Tom.

GVGjr
30-10-2018, 06:14 PM
All signed up. Looking forward to seeing how he goes

bornadog
30-10-2018, 06:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqvDRyxU0AE95uh.jpg

KT31
30-10-2018, 06:16 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-30/liberatore-locked-in

bornadog
30-10-2018, 06:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqvENpFUcAARJ-7.jpg

GVGjr
30-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Libba (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-30/liberatore-locked-in)

Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore will continue his career at VU Whitten Oval after the Club secured his signature for the 2019 season.

The 26-year-old, who joined the Dogs in 2010 as a father-son selection, has played 117 games in his career so far.

He is in the final stages of a rehabilitation program after rupturing his ACL in Round 1 of the 2018 season.

Liberatore has proven his ability as one of the best inside midfielders in the competition, and will be a virtual new recruit for the Club next year.

“Tom is an extremely talented player and such an important member of our side,” said Bulldogs General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power.

“To Tom's credit, he has attacked his recovery really well. He returned to the Club earlier than he needed and has shown an admirable level of commitment.

“He is well into his training program and we’re confident that, with a full pre-season, he will return to his best next year.”

Liberatore said he was thrilled to commit to the Bulldogs and continue his strong family ties with the Club.

“I’m really pleased to be able to re-sign with the Dogs and can’t wait to attack next season,” he said.

“This year has been tough with my recovery, but I’ve had amazing support from my teammates, the medical staff and everyone at the Club.

“I’m as motivated as I ever have been to make sure I do my bit for the team and help us improve next year.”

He can't spell 'motovated' but lets face it he's not on the list for his spelling is he?

Doc26
30-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Great news to hear. Would've preferred 2 years but beggars can't be chooses.

Liked his quote, "“I’m as motivated as I ever have been to make sure I do my bit for the team and help us improve next year.”"

Remi Moses
30-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Just have a sense he’s going to have a great year

Jeanette54
30-10-2018, 06:26 PM
So pleased to see Libba is back. For a while there I thought I would be watching the 'Dogs this year without Libba and Mitch.

That's two of the must do's done, now for the Bont.

KT31
30-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Just have a sense he’s going to have a great year

Hopefully he does, we may rue a one year deal and not making it a two year contract.

GVGjr
30-10-2018, 06:27 PM
So pleased to see Libba is back. For a while there I thought I would be watching the 'Dogs this year without Libba and Mitch.

That's two of the must do's done, now for the Bont.

That would be a nice addition to the good news column.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Great news to hear. Would've preferred 2 years but beggars can't be chooses.

Liked his quote, "“I’m as motivated as I ever have been to make sure I do my bit for the team and help us improve next year.”"

Yeah, but the communications team clearly misspelt it according to how he said it! :D

You either love his sense of humour or don’t really get him, it seems. I love it.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2018, 06:57 PM
And, imagine 2020 if we could engineer Tom & Olly Liberatore on the list. Would be great romance even further.

angelopetraglia
30-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Great news. Make it count Libba.

Scraggers
30-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Very happy with this news; like others I would have preferred two years but totally get why its one year (for both club and Tom).

Doc26
30-10-2018, 07:22 PM
By signing a 1 year deal I believe that Tom has now foregone his 'free agency' status for 2019/2020. If another Club wants him at end of 2019 they will have to trade with us for him, or of course Tom can nominate for the Draft.

Rocket Science
30-10-2018, 07:30 PM
FINALLY.

His market value wouldn't ever have been lower so it's in both his interest and the club's to see where they're at a year from now.

Hopefully he roars back with a vengeance, and that form trajectory mirrors the club's.

I'm more excited by this than anything that transpired during the trade period. Moar motovated even too.

divvydan
30-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Was watching the video associated with his re-signing and realised he can't have done much media as I had no idea how he talked and didn't sound the way I was expecting. Not good or bad, just feels like his voice doesn't match his face for some reason, might just be me.

Smads57
30-10-2018, 07:57 PM
I thought he looked a bit drawn (loss of weight) in the face in the Bulldog website interview - was surprised a bit.

Eastdog
30-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Great news. Good luck to Libba in 2019. Hope for a strong pre season and great 2019.

MrMahatma
30-10-2018, 08:21 PM
I thought he looked a bit drawn (loss of weight) in the face in the Bulldog website interview - was surprised a bit.

Definitely thinner. Not sure about drawn.

He’s fluctuated a bit in his career though.

MrMahatma
30-10-2018, 08:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqvENpFUcAARJ-7.jpg

He text me too. Was gonna see if he wants to head out and celebrate the re-signing.

bornadog
30-10-2018, 09:44 PM
In case you forgot how elite Libba is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4YjVylTxM

SlimPickens
30-10-2018, 09:53 PM
In case you forgot how elite Libba is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4YjVylTxM

Goal kicking mid ��

Sedat
30-10-2018, 09:53 PM
This bloke is a jet. So glad he's with us in 2019 and not the likes of Essendon or Carlton, both of whom are actually desperate for someone with Libba's skillset.

I think he will show the footy community just how good he is in 2019. His clearance work in the 2016 finals series is the stuff of legend.

SonofScray
31-10-2018, 12:05 AM
I love Libba. Almost as much as I loved his Dad. Just want to see him fit and enjoying his footy again, we will benefit greatly.

boydogs
31-10-2018, 02:29 AM
This guy gets us back in finals

Go_Dogs
31-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Great to have the deal announced.

Looking forward to watching Libba go to work and have a consistent season. We need him to.

westdog54
31-10-2018, 08:22 AM
By signing a 1 year deal I believe that Tom has now foregone his 'free agency' status for 2019/2020. If another Club wants him at end of 2019 they will have to trade with us for him, or of course Tom can nominate for the Draft.

Its brilliant news for the club all round. Not only is it sound list management to assess where his physical limitations and commitment are at.

He ticked the second box off very quickly. Hopefully he primes himself for a massive year and his knees hold together.

We're at least 3 wins better with a fit and firing Tom Liberatore on the park.

G-Mo77
31-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Equally with Wallis signing this is the best news of the offseason.

Now lets lock in Bont and Hunter long term.

Dancin' Douggy
31-10-2018, 09:15 AM
all things going well, it's easy to add another year or two to his contract at any time.
Even in the middle of the season.

Mantis
31-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Good news that he's re-signed.

Will be a huge if he can get back to near his best, which we haven't seen consistently for a fair while... hopefully in his contract it states he is never to go with 5m of the boundary line unless he is departing/ entering the ground.

Axe Man
31-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Good news that he's re-signed.

Will be a huge if he can get back to near his best, which we haven't seen consistently for a fair while... hopefully in his contract it states he is never to go with 5m of the boundary line unless he is departing/ entering the ground.

Or no changing direction - just run into the fence as it will do less damage.

ratsmac
31-10-2018, 01:08 PM
all things going well, it's easy to add another year or two to his contract at any time.
Even in the middle of the season.
I'm very pleased that Libba signed. However just the 1 year is interesting. I'm thinking the same DD as you. The club have taken a cautious approach with him after 2 knees and maybe some "motovation" issues. I'd say they are giving him the opportunity to show that he wants to have a long career in the RWB and hopefully his form and attitude half way through the season will be enough to trigger a couple more years added on to his new contract.

Make no mistake about it, Libba is so important and a key player to getting this team back up the ladder and playing finals. His lip and hardness around the ball has been dearly missed in the last 2 seasons. You can throw Clay Smith and Liam Picken in that conversation as well. Libba is as good as anyone going around in the clearance's and with him back in the middle fit and firing I doubt we will see goalless halves like we did this year. Fingers and toes crossed his knee problems are behind him.

ledge
31-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Personally I don’t see he has had motivational issues he has always been a hard trainer , he also has only had one issue outside of footy a few years ago, I think it’s more the knees.

bornadog
31-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I just hope Libba is over his injuries and he can get a clear run at it.

ratsmac
31-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Personally I don’t see he has had motivational issues he has always been a hard trainer , he also has only had one issue outside of footy a few years ago, I think it’s more the knees.

There was something a miss with Libba in 2017. Call it what ever you want, motivation, attitude, recreational choices, ect but we all agree we want the 2014 and 2016 Libba.

AshMac
31-10-2018, 06:42 PM
I just hope Libba is over his injuries and he can get a clear run at it.

Amen to that!

azabob
31-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Are we certain it’s only 1 year? Or are we basing it with the Liberatore saying he’s signed on for 2019?

Topdog
31-10-2018, 11:56 PM
There was something a miss with Libba in 2017. Call it what ever you want, motivation, attitude, recreational choices, ect but we all agree we want the 2014 and 2016 Libba.

Yep would be foolish to claim that he was fit and motivated in 2017.

Webby
01-11-2018, 07:59 AM

I saw quite a bit of Libba in the pre season of 2018 and I feel it only fair to point out that he was, to the eye, in the best physical condition of his career. I was extremely bullish about him for 2018, as were a number of others. Huge shame that his knee went in the first half of the first game of the season.

GVGjr
01-11-2018, 08:55 AM
I saw quite a bit of Libba in the pre season of 2018 and I feel it only fair to point out that he was, to the eye, in the best physical condition of his career. I was extremely bullish about him for 2018, as were a number of others. Huge shame that his knee went in the first half of the first game of the season.

Thanks for the insight. We obviously need him to back it up again this year and be fittest he can. A fit and focused Liberatore is vital to this team in 2019.

Grantysghost
01-11-2018, 09:44 AM
I have a feeling he may not ever get back to his best, would be his desire to play that's the one year deal part from my understanding. That second knee was a cruel blow.
Fingers crossed he can get it back together on field (from a selfish supporter view point) but to me he's already done enough and will always be a club legend.

GVGjr
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling he may not ever get back to his best, would be his desire to play that's the one year deal part from my understanding. That second knee was a cruel blow.
Fingers crossed he can get it back together on field (from a selfish supporter view point) but to me he's already done enough and will always be a club legend.

I guess most people would think it's doubtful that he can get back to his very best and given the club took so long to get this deal done they have some doubts as well but if he gets focused and close to his best it's a win for us. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes

Bulldog Joe
01-11-2018, 12:33 PM
I guess most people would think it's doubtful that he can get back to his very best and given the club took so long to get this deal done they have some doubts as well but if he gets focused and close to his best it's a win for us. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes

The role Libba plays best is right in the clinches with quick hands feeding the outside players. The knees should not restrict him like you would expect for someone more dependent on speed.

If Libba stays fit he will be a big plus in 2019.

bornadog
16-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Some New Tatts:

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/8b91ff3e245e4c2452b2035a0e686774?width=316

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/019513d22c95aa4f0e2b72223977697b?width=316

bulldogtragic
16-11-2018, 10:53 AM
They match his black nail polish really well.

Rocket Science
16-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Half expecting him to run out in full KISS makeup next. That'd be rad.

Twodogs
16-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Half expecting him to run out in full KISS makeup next. That'd be rad.

Or one of those face tattoos like Mike Tyson has.

Rocket Science
16-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Or one of those face tattoos like Mike Tyson has.

Tempting, but ...

https://preview.ibb.co/m8hU70/libba-kiss.jpg (https://ibb.co/nu0Gn0)

Twodogs
16-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Tempting, but ...

I live in horror that my daughter will come home with some ink like that one day.

ledge
17-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Tempting, but ...

Don’t let him see it , it might happen.
We laugh at stringer but seriously what’s with Libba?

EasternWest
17-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Don’t let him see it , it might happen.
We laugh at stringer but seriously what’s with Libba?

Loose unit.

He looks pretty fit though, that's not something ever said about Jake.

comrade
17-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Is that a hybrid Raphael Gingerbread Man?

DOG GOD
17-11-2018, 06:14 PM
tempting, but ...

https://preview.ibb.co/m8hu70/libba-kiss.jpg (https://ibb.co/nu0gn0)

awesome!!!!!

AndrewP6
17-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Is that a hybrid Raphael Gingerbread Man?

Dunno if it inspired Libba, but US retailers Wal-Mart sell TMNT gingerbread.

bornadog
30-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Liberatore aiming for Round 1 return (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-01-30/liberatore-aiming-for-round-1-return)

After being forced to watch from the sidelines last season, Tom Liberatore is ready to attack 2019.
The premiership midfielder, who ruptured his ACL in the opening minutes of the Dogs’ 2018 campaign, is making the most of being back in full training and match practice.

All going well over the next two months, he’s targeting a Round 1 return.

“My knee’s going well,” Liberatore told westernbuldogs.com.au from the club’s pre-season camp in Mooloolaba.
“I’ve been back into full training since the end of December, early January.

“I think so - I’ll be ready to go (for Round 1). I’m good to go now, so I’ll just make sure I have good prep from now until then and I’ll be good to go.

“I’m excited to get around a bunch of new players, because we’ve had a few changes, and just excited to get out there and play again.”

Going through the same injury and rehabilitation process previously – in 2015, to his opposite knee – has helped the 26-year-old this time.

“I think it helps that I’ve done it before,” Liberatore said.
“Having this prep this time around, having played a few games against ourselves and getting that duration of match practice under my belt (helps).

“There’s similar challenges.

“The repetitiveness of rehab can sometimes get a bit monotonous, but it’s been a bit smoother this time having the previous experience.”

This is the fifth consecutive year the Dogs have held a training camp in Mooloolaba, which wraps up this week.

GVGjr
30-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Good to see some enthusiasm from Libba. Seems to think he is ready to go now which is huge for us

Twodogs
30-01-2019, 07:30 PM
It's like recruiting one of the best ball extractors in the competition. We are such a better team with Libba in it because he brings other players into the play. For instance Mitch Wallis is a much better player with Tom alongside him.

Mantis
30-01-2019, 07:33 PM
It's like recruiting one of the best ball extractors in the competition. We are such a better team with Libba in it because he brings other players into the play. For instance Mitch Wallis is a much better player with Tom alongside him.

My recollection is that Mitch has played his best footy when Tom has been sidelined.

Super excited that Tom gets back to his best.. the footy world forgets how good he is.

GVGjr
30-01-2019, 07:36 PM
My recollection is that Mitch has played his best footy when Tom has been sidelined.

I think there is a fair argument to say that is correct. The difference now might be because Wallis could play more as a forward.

I'm not sure both of them in the middle for long periods is what we want.

westdog54
31-01-2019, 09:10 AM
I think there is a fair argument to say that is correct. The difference now might be because Wallis could play more as a forward.

I'm not sure both of them in the middle for long periods is what we want.

Agreed.

Having Mitch free to drift forward, where he can easily slip under the radar and do some damage, is a massively understated benefit of Libba's return.

Eastdog
05-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Great to hear.

Hoping for a big season for Libba. I hope to discuss many great games on WOOF this year with Libba right up there as one of our most solid contributors.

Finally got around at the family day this year to get his autograph.

bornadog
25-02-2019, 11:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0PMp5DU0AU5IyS.jpg:large

Hotdog60
26-02-2019, 12:09 AM
I wonder if he'll regret this in 40 years time....

bornadog
26-02-2019, 12:13 AM

Most people with tattoos will

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0O100IVAAASRSq.jpg

Twodogs
26-02-2019, 01:44 PM

I got my first tattoo in 1989 and have no regrets. Nobody I know with them has ever said "geez I wish that I'd never got these" I guess that you either like them or you don't.

Eastdog
26-02-2019, 01:44 PM
I got my first tattoo in 1989 and have no regrets. Nobody I know with them has ever said "geez I wish that I'd never got these" I guess that you either like them or you don't.

Not a tattoo person myself but each to themselves.

bulldogtragic
26-02-2019, 01:53 PM

So you don't know Jake Stringer then?

Rocket Science
26-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Onya Libba, stay weird.

Jeez I can't wait to see him back in amongst it. We've been deprived of his influence for too long.

Axe Man
26-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Wow. I don't imagine squeaky-voiced teen is one of the more popular Simpsons tattoos.

Axe Man
26-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Is this yours Twodogs?
https://i.postimg.cc/gkLM61gx/710o-FYfbl-LL-UX679.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

EasternWest
28-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Is this yours Twodogs?
https://i.postimg.cc/gkLM61gx/710o-FYfbl-LL-UX679.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

nam sayin'

bornadog
02-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Libba wired up at the photo shoot - very funny

Watch here (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/1101372747895263232)

ledge
02-03-2019, 02:38 PM

How can you not like him?
To be honest we don’t hear any opposition not like him either.

Hotdog60
02-03-2019, 03:33 PM
How can you not like him?
To be honest we don’t hear any opposition not like him either.

Unlike his dad;)

ledge
02-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Unlike his dad;)

Very true.

Vred
03-03-2019, 07:37 AM

As loose as he is you can tell he does love the club and the boys around him

Eastdog
04-03-2019, 02:27 AM
Played very good last night in his first game back from injury.

Ghost Dog
04-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Well done and great news. Internet is crap in China at the moment, haven't been able to see much. Heard he got a head knock.

hujsh
04-03-2019, 06:59 PM
A bright light in an otherwise pretty meh night.

ratsmac
04-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Well done and great news. Internet is crap in China at the moment, haven't been able to see much. Heard he got a head knock.

Yeah he copped a hip to the head that 99% of people wouldn't get up. He looked rattled for a minute but played out the game. He was one of the shining lights for us.

Scraggers
05-03-2019, 12:23 AM
Yeah he copped a hip to the head that 99% of people wouldn't get up. He looked rattled for a minute but played out the game. He was one of the shining lights for us.

When he got hit, all I could think was the Picken hit in the pre-season last year. Thankfully Libba got up

bornadog
29-03-2019, 04:37 PM
These look interesting:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2336/1601/products/Libbafront_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1512358588

Apparently you can buy them online here (https://carltondrafttshirts.com/products/libba-beanie)

Vred
29-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Grass roots campaign to get Libba resigned by the club needs to start soon. I hate to think what happens if we get close to September and we don’t have him locked down for another 3 years.

Mofra
29-03-2019, 05:30 PM
These look interesting:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2336/1601/products/Libbafront_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1512358588

Apparently you can buy them online here (https://carltondrafttshirts.com/products/libba-beanie)
I want one!

comrade
29-03-2019, 07:25 PM
I want one!

I've had one for a while. Never fails to get a chuckle.

Doc26
29-03-2019, 07:51 PM
I totally cringe seeing this thread with a new posting.

Can we rename it ‘Libba - Non Injury Related’? :)

Vred
31-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Resign
Libba
now!

i hate to think what happens when we go into mid year without his ink on a contract.

Hotdog60
31-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Don't we always go with one year contracts on multiple knees?
I would give him an extension sooner rather than later.

Rocket Science
31-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Given they positively allergic to hard ball those black and red turds might be into him.

Tell em they're dreamin.

Vred
31-03-2019, 07:50 PM

Generally yes, but with Libba I’d be offering him another 2 years sooner than later, id hate to think Essendon or Geelong start trying to target him.

Every game I see Libba play it reinforces the fact that he is very much needed in our midline, his the glue that holds our boys together.

hujsh
31-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Gave Redpath 2 years. Libba’s shown more these last two weeks than Redpath ever did (with respect) so he surely deserves 2-3 years

craigsahibee
01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
I want one!

Just ordered one.

They look brilliant.

1eyedog
03-04-2019, 12:45 AM
These look interesting:

Can get the T-shirt too

Mofra
03-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Can get the T-shirt too
There's a few T shirt options, just received an email. I took a beanie / t short combo. New festival beanie will get a run over easter.

Mofra
03-04-2019, 09:38 AM
I loved this too:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-01/stats-files-the-star-mid-whos-sparked-the-dogs-revival

The Bulldogs' onball unit – loaded with stars such as Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Lachie Hunter – is a force to be reckoned with when 'Libba' is involved, winning 19 of the 24 centre clearances during his attendances this year.

Eastdog
04-04-2019, 03:54 PM
I loved this too:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-01/stats-files-the-star-mid-whos-sparked-the-dogs-revival

What a great stat!

Mofra
04-04-2019, 04:23 PM
I am now the proud owner of a Libba beanie. Very happy, will be wearing it over Easter