LostDoggy
15-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Eagles v Cats
Richmond v Sydney

Crows, Bombers and Giants with a bye.

We simply must win.

boydogs
15-06-2017, 12:57 AM
Weird lead up with a 12 day bye then 10 day break. We need to come to play this time

bornadog
15-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Weird lead up with a 12 day bye then 10 day break. We need to come to play this time

Hopefully sets us up for a big second half of the year.

Remi Moses
15-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Gotta feeling west coast might knock over Dangerwood . They're great front runners on their home track

comrade
15-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Gotta feeling west coast might knock over Dangerwood . They're great front runners on their home track

Wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong exposed away from their **** heap at Kardinia Park.

Rocket Science
15-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Lingy calling Cats' games fargen kill me now.

The Adelaide Connection
15-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong exposed away from their **** heap at Kardinia Park.

West Coast at home with the crowd riding the umpires into favourable decisions, Geelong away from their crowd that would usually ride the umpires into favourable decisions. I know which way this game is going to go.

Hardly anyone talks about the bullshit ride WC get over there because not too many tune in weekly on a Sunday twilight. You can't hide it on a Thursday night though, I look forward to clicking on the AFL's post about the game on FB to see the first comment posted say #freekickeagles.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2017, 09:51 PM
I use the live ladder website to check scores. I don't like us sitting outside the 8, even if it is until Sunday.

The Adelaide Connection
15-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Last two WC goals:
-Most delayed advantage call in the history of the game (after the ball goes through for the goal).
-Darling takes on a player, drops ball, play on, WC crumb, goal.

jeemak
15-06-2017, 10:23 PM
16 scoring shots to five at half time.

I'd love to have a genuinely different home ground to play on.......I mean, I don't know why Geelong are so fish out of water given this particular ground is the most closely shaped ground to theirs, but it would be nice.

aker39
15-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Last two WC goals:
-Most delayed advantage call in the history of the game (after the ball goes through for the goal).

Even worse than that, the umpire actually signalled time on and the clock stopped.

bulldogtragic
15-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Even worse than that, the umpire actually signalled time on and the clock stopped.

Then how did allow it to run then? Or is he not getting a game next week?

jeemak
15-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Some of Jetta's work with his leg has been very good. Nothing better than his hit up to Sheed for a goal just now, that was brilliant. I'd love someone on our team to be able to do that.

jeemak
15-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Harry Taylor just looks completely dim and completely uninteresting. I hate his face.

Weagles making the Cats look the goods in this resurgence.

bornadog
15-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Good win for Eagles. If we win we will be one closer to Geelong and top 4

The Adelaide Connection
15-06-2017, 11:49 PM
I am baffled how the AFL, who is extremely controlling with all things marketing and all things look of the game, have allowed those terrible hand advertisements behind the goals at WC games. They can't even pretend they are there to support a team- they put them up for points, they put them up for ball ups, they even put them up for marks taken deep. Terrible look.

jeemak
16-06-2017, 01:27 AM
I thought Geelong were really ordinary tonight, and it was only for a lull from WCE - who are quite ordinary themselves - that they were able to get close.

Away from Kardinia I don't think there's a huge amount to fear from them.

As an aside, Joel Selwood's clash with Mitchell showed how much of an entitled wanker he is, purely because he's been unfairly favoured by the umpiring fraternity for so long. Mitchell is a dirty player for sure, but he was hit from behind in the back and then the head, he retaliated and rightfully put Selwood in a headlock to let him know he wasn't happy with it. Selwood pleaded with the umpire (and let's be fair, the viewing public) for some special treatment just because he's been provided special his whole career. When will the commentators call out Selwood's pathetic behaviour? When will the umpires wise up to the fact this guy's conning them into awarding him free kicks?

It really annoys me that someone who continually pulls this rubbish is showered with adulation so often. Just like with Latin/European football (no offence intended), that sort of behaviour permeates through the game and becomes acceptable if allowed to go un-checked.

bornadog
16-06-2017, 09:57 AM
I thought Geelong were really ordinary tonight, and it was only for a lull from WCE - who are quite ordinary themselves - that they were able to get close.

As an aside, Joel Selwood's clash with Mitchell showed how much of an entitled wanker he is, purely because he's been unfairly favoured by the umpiring fraternity for so long. Mitchell is a dirty player for sure, but he was hit from behind in the back and then the head, he retaliated and rightfully put Selwood in a headlock to let him know he wasn't happy with it. Selwood pleaded with the umpire (and let's be fair, the viewing public) for some special treatment just because he's been provided special his whole career. When will the commentators call out Selwood's pathetic behaviour? When will the umpires wise up to the fact this guy's conning them into awarding him free kicks?

It really annoys me that someone who continually pulls this rubbish is showered with adulation so often. Just like with Latin/European football (no offence intended), that sort of behaviour permeates through the game and becomes acceptable if allowed to go un-checked.

You will be happy to know Selwood has been reported. Whether he is found guilty is another thing.

bulldogtragic
16-06-2017, 10:40 AM
You will be happy to know Selwood has been reported. Whether he is found guilty is another thing.

Jimmy Bartel on the MRP. He'll be fine.

Twodogs
16-06-2017, 11:03 AM

A wanker. A really ordinarily talented wanker at that. He's lucky he had half decent brothers who were drafted before him or he wouldn't even be on a list.

Jimmy Bartel on the MRP. He'll be fine.

A unbelievable liberty.

Ozza
16-06-2017, 11:13 AM
A wanker. A really ordinarily talented wanker at that. He's lucky he had half decent brothers who were drafted before him or he wouldn't even be on a list.

A unbelievable liberty.

I'm sorry - but is your comment in reference to Joel Selwood?
I just want to be quite clear that you are suggesting that Joel Selwood is 'ordinarily talented' and wouldn't be on a list but for his brothers coming before him.
:confused:

Twodogs
16-06-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry - but is your comment in reference to Joel Selwood?
I just want to be quite clear that you are suggesting that Joel Selwood is 'ordinarily talented' and wouldn't be on a list but for his brothers coming before him.
:confused:

Yeah. I'm annoyed and not being rational. Of course he's a good footballer.

Ozza
16-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Yeah. I'm annoyed and not being rational. Of course he's a good footballer.

Haha. Ok.

We all have at least one player out there that we are irrational about!!!! Mine used to be Glenn Archer. I've had plenty of arguments with people over the years, about how overrated I believe he was.

westdog54
16-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Haha. Ok.

We all have at least one player out there that we are irrational about!!!! Mine used to be Glenn Archer. I've had plenty of arguments with people over the years, about how overrated I believe he was.

At the moment it seems to be The Bont that is increasingly being viewed as overrated.

Humour me Ozza, what was GA overrated in your view?

azabob
16-06-2017, 07:41 PM
At the moment it seems to be The Bont that is increasingly being viewed as overrated.

Humour me Ozza, what was GA overrated in your view?

Since you asked my beef with Archer was Steve Kretiuk was better but got no recognition at all!!!

Remi Moses
16-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Norf are atrocious . Stkilda should be 10 goals up on this display .
Far to easy for stkilda at this stage

The Underdog
16-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Jesus Christ, could we use Jake Carlisle.
You may laugh but wait until Jarrad Waite kicks 7 against us next week.

Remi Moses
16-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Jesus Christ, could we use Jake Carlisle.
You may laugh but wait until Jarrad Waite kicks 7 against us next week.

Not the way they bring the ball forward he won't
With Brown and Waite we do need to bring in another back

The Underdog
16-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Not the way they bring the ball forward he won't
With Brown and Waite we do need to bring in another back

Four words- Majak Daw 6 goals

bulldogtragic
16-06-2017, 11:12 PM

Beat me to it. I was going to post with 6 as well. That'll teach me to be slow.

KT31
16-06-2017, 11:21 PM

That's three words and a number.😀

Remi Moses
16-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Lukas Markovic

The Underdog
16-06-2017, 11:36 PM
That's three words and a number.��

I was waiting for that

The Underdog
16-06-2017, 11:37 PM
Lukas Markovic

Would probably get a game next week?

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Since you asked my beef with Archer was Steve Kretiuk was better but got no recognition at all!!!

It's the extra gravitas a premiership(s) lends a player. In this case it's the difference between being the Shinbiner of the century and a bloody good player rated by his own fans.

That's three words and a number.��

Four characters then.

macca
17-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Qtr 1 Shai Bolton ducks into a tackle head high by Sydney player and gets pinged for holding the ball. if that was selwood it would be a free for too high

Rocket Science
17-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Please please please please please please let the Tigers get run over the top of.

Pretty please.

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Please please please please please please let the Tigers get run over the top of.

Pretty please.

It's happening.

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 05:00 PM

Pretty please.

*!*!*!*!ing Papley!!!!!!':cool:

Go Swans!

Bulldog4life
17-06-2017, 05:07 PM
C'mon Swannies

bulldogtragic
17-06-2017, 05:16 PM
If you can't get a Bulldogs win, a tigers choke is the next best thing!

Rocket Science
17-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Saturday. Made.

Bless you Tiggies.

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I like this little banjo bit in the Sydney song.

Bulldog4life
17-06-2017, 05:19 PM
So happy oh so happy

The Underdog
17-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Jesus, tomorrow is a massive game for us. A win puts us back in town. A loss puts us way behind the 8 ball.

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Jesus, tomorrow is a massive game for us. A win puts us back in town. A loss puts us way behind the 8 ball.

A bit like last week. The evenness of the competition keeps saving our arse but it will bite us too if we keep losing games we should win.

Bulldog4life
17-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Dare I say it but the eveness of the ladder positions are the closest they have been since 1997 season

Twodogs
17-06-2017, 07:17 PM
What's that? 1997 you say? Go ahead, say it again. Roll it in with 1985 and do your worst.

I'm a premiership winning supporter. Those demons have been exercised! ;)

westdog54
17-06-2017, 08:51 PM
If you can't get a Bulldogs win, a tigers choke is the next best thing!

It shouldn't be as funny as it is, but hey, what do you do?

bulldogtragic
17-06-2017, 09:25 PM
GCS players don't really look at all interested. I'm starting to think more than ever that GCS will be what the club University is to today's youth...

A trivia question about a club that used to exist in the main competition.

Rocket Science
17-06-2017, 09:29 PM
GCS players don't really look at all interested. I'm starting to think more than ever that GCS will be what the club University is to today's youth...

Good. Can we have Harbrow back?

bulldogtragic
17-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Good. Can we have Harbrow back?

Nah. They can give us May, Wright, Lynch and a few running players though.

Remi Moses
17-06-2017, 09:58 PM
It's very 1997 this season . Bottom teams are going to win games .
Very Richmondy that loss, eerily similar to their loss against us

jeemak
17-06-2017, 10:40 PM
GCS have come back strongly here.

Ablett just did one of the best bit of play to hit up Martin I've seen for a long time. He's a gun who still has it.

jeemak
17-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Barlow has just snapped his leg again.

Remi Moses
17-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Sickening looking injury . He looked amazingly composed considering .
Another good win from Caaaaarlton . Jones has held Lynch goalless

bornadog
17-06-2017, 11:23 PM

That stopped the GCs momentum.

bulldogtragic
17-06-2017, 11:23 PM

Poor fella.

jeemak
17-06-2017, 11:50 PM
That stopped the GCs momentum.

I'd say it was probably a bit of a deflating issue for GCS, but AFL these days whoever has to come back from a few down pretty much always falls just a bit short anyway.

A team gets ahead by four or five, loses concentration for a quarter or so, switches back on and nudges away. Coming back takes up a lot of effort, but when the team leading gets its act together again the effort requirement goes up a couple of notches and it's hard to keep it going.

jeemak
18-06-2017, 12:02 AM
If Brad Sewell was anymore wooden he'd catch fire.

Dry Rot
18-06-2017, 12:16 AM
I like this little banjo bit in the Sydney song.

I dont. Heard it too many times at the SCG.

Twodogs
18-06-2017, 01:04 AM
I dont. Heard it too many times at the SCG.

I particularly enjoyed hearing it today.

westdog54
18-06-2017, 08:25 AM
I'd say it was probably a bit of a deflating issue for GCS, but AFL these days whoever has to come back from a few down pretty much always falls just a bit short anyway.

A team gets ahead by four or five, loses concentration for a quarter or so, switches back on and nudges away. Coming back takes up a lot of effort, but when the team leading gets its act together again the effort requirement goes up a couple of notches and it's hard to keep it going.

I think you'll find Richmond would disagree with that sentiment.

Topdog
18-06-2017, 10:06 AM
I think you'll find Richmond would disagree with that sentiment.

Damn you beat me to it :D

westdog54
18-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Damn you beat me to it :D

Sorry not sorry. :D

Twodogs
18-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Technically University are still part of the competition. Like a lot of clubs they disbanded for the duration of the First World War but after the war instead of starting up again they amalgamated with Melbourne. Well one faction of the club did and I think some of the others formed either Uni Blues or Uni Blacks as competition for whichever of the two existed before the other.

Melbourne should have a UFC on the back of their jumper like us and the Lions and Swans recognise our previous incarnations/partners. If you want to take it to nth degree we should have a PI for Prince Imperials as well. Collingwood should have a B for Brittania, Sydney a EH for Emarald Hill, St Klida a P for Prahran and so on.