PDA

View Full Version : Football Happiness

angelopetraglia
18-06-2017, 09:51 PM
I heard someone saying that if you win the Premiership it brings football happiness for three years. I'm calling bullshit on that.

Last years amazing unforgettable September run that culminated in such a euphoric high that my football brain was flooded with so much positive dopamine that I have a new normal which now needs to be maintained (Maintenance over the preseason was GF replays, Prelim replays, Octocall replays etc).

Every other year in my life we have ended the year with either missing the finals or a finals loss. Plenty to contemplate over the preseason. When you finish low on the ladder, even something as little as a high draft pick can send you into a football high.

Win the Premiership and football happiness takes on a new meaning. Just to feel normal at the moment I think we need to win every week by 5+ goals. I can't tolerate this losing stuff at all. Two consecutive losses where we are not even in the contest has sent me into football depression. This Premiership win is taking it's toll and my football brain can't cope at the moment.

comrade
19-06-2017, 01:35 PM
I heard someone saying that if you win the Premiership it brings football happiness for three years. I'm calling bullshit on that.

Last years amazing unforgettable September run that culminated in such a euphoric high that my football brain was flooded with so much positive dopamine that I have a new normal which now needs to be maintained (Maintenance over the preseason was GF replays, Prelim replays, Octocall replays etc).

Every other year in my life we have ended the year with either missing the finals or a finals loss. Plenty to contemplate over the preseason. When you finish low on the ladder, even something as little as a high draft pick can send you into a football high.

Win the Premiership and football happiness takes on a new meaning. Just to feel normal at the moment I think we need to win every week by 5+ goals. I can't tolerate this losing stuff at all. Two consecutive losses where we are not even in the contest has sent me into football depression. This Premiership win is taking it's toll and my football brain can't cope at the moment.

As of half time yesterday, I've let go of any expectations this year. I watched the second half (at the ground) more in a state of disconnect, and it helped with my anger/adrenal levels. I will go in to next week's game the same way.

bulldogtragic
19-06-2017, 01:42 PM
As of half time yesterday, I've let go of any expectations this year. I watched the second half (at the ground) more in a state of disconnect, and it helped with my anger/adrenal levels. I will go in to next week's game the same way.

Same. I wasn't angry yesterday, and I watched it like watching a car crash in slow motion. I'm not 100% confident we will make the 8 because if the team that's turned up for the most part this year, they can lose to a team that's 'up' on a given day. I went straight to looking up reports on the TAC games and the VM vs WA game, and looking at the free agency list for this year.

The premiership was amazing, but we've had an opportunity to back to back, key teams have lost most weeks meaning that if we switched on we still could've been a top 4 side, and yet not much more than a whimper by and large. It's a big opportunity missed.

I guess it's time to look at trades, free agents and/or draft watching. And for the club hoping that we don't lose 5,000 members for 2018.

bornadog
19-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Unhappy, yes, enjoying a thrashing no. Waiting to see what happens next - bloody oath Come on Dogs!!

bulldogsthru&thru
19-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Its a strange one. I would certainly be a lot more unhappy and miserable right now if we hadn't won the flag last year. So the premiership certainly has helped somewhat. For me, the whole journey of being a dogs fan was to finally see a premiership. Seeing that last year in one of the greatest weeks of my life fulfilled a lifelong dream. So naturally there is some satisfaction there. But no, it doesn't mean i don't care anymore. I still want to see us win and become a force to be reckoned with. It's more our failure doesn't hurt as much as it used to. It used to be a sense of hopelessness. Right now its a sense of disappointment. Disappointment to not be taking this rare opportunity to put or stamp on the league. And not only that, completely capitulate. We are almost a laughing stock right now. We are not being respected as defending premiers and nor should we. But if we let our footy do the talking we would shutup muppets like Bugg, Watts and Hewett. Unfortunately the opposite has occurred and we've been shown to be weak in the face of physical treatment. A far cry from last year.

Twodogs
19-06-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm not so much disapointed about the loss as much as how we sagged under physical pressure for the second week in a row.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?

bornadog
19-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?

I don't listen to Schwartz but any rumours he has ever put out have never ever been true

BulldogBelle
19-06-2017, 06:35 PM

Some guy rang up SEN and said their was infighting at the club the other day. So it must be true then.:rolleyes:

dadsgirl16
19-06-2017, 06:44 PM
There were a few calls saying the same thing ..if you follow Instagram I guess 2 plus 2 might equal 5

hujsh
19-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Obivously JJ got together with Stringer's ex and needs the paycheck to support his new step-child. IT'S IN REVELATIONS PEOPLE!

LostDoggy
19-06-2017, 07:30 PM

SEN get their news from Bigfooty. We all know where Bigfooty get their news.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Darcy rubbished the claims on talking footy. Said he contacted players to ask them.

Happy Days
19-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Yep because it can never be the most obvious solution, it just has to be THEM DAMN WOMENz fault. I hear the conflict is because Stringer started going out with JJ's ex without JJ giving express permission or signing over title to his property to him.

We have AFLW and White Ribbon Round now so its perfectly fine for a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate these moronic caveman philosophies.

bulldogtragic
19-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Yep because it can never be the most obvious solution, it just has to be THEM DAMN WOMENz fault. I hear the conflict is because Stringer started going out with JJ's ex without JJ giving express permission or signing over title to his property to him.

We have AFLW and White Ribbon Round now so its perfectly fine for a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate these moronic caveman philosophies.

Our AFLW team equally underperformed to expectation. Must have been an evil man putting a rift through the team...

It's garbage. I posted after the game that we went into the bye with a good win and momentum and two bad losses straight after so a rumour would start. You can always depend on morons to be moronic.

hujsh
19-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Well it is football we're talking so it's possible those philosophies apply to someone involved somewhere I guess

ledge
20-06-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm copping it at work at the moment with those rumours , I'm over Facebook I've gone off it .. Too much click bait and people making a story up and everyone believes it.
Social media and cheap journos start it all.

Daughter of the West
20-06-2017, 10:00 AM
I was pondering the other day (and this is only reading about our game on Saturday and seeing none of it)...

Last year the team appeared to be driven by emotion. Rather than just being clinical and ruling the league all season, we brought the romance and passion back to the game. No faceless foot soldiers, it was men playing for each other and bringing all their emotions along with them.

Now that's all well and good when it works in our favour, but my question is, is that emotion now working against us? Is it too difficult to compartmentalise the losses? To a point, are the boys letting the emotions now take them the other way this year?

Bulldog4life
20-06-2017, 01:50 PM

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/media-watch-the-laughable-dogs-claim-brisbanes-incredible-draft-position-two-coaches-call-for-harder-staging-stance/news-story/e818683b7f5678ee07d8a72df287df58

DOGS INFIGHTING RUMOUR ‘LAUGHABLE’

FORMER Western Bulldogs ruckman Luke Darcy has refuted claims that infighting is derailing his ex-club’s premiership defence this season.

Darcy’s defence of the Bulldogs came after former Melbourne forward David Schwarz hinted that all was not well among the Bulldogs’ playing group, which went down to Melbourne on Sunday.

“There are players down there that aren’t seeing eye-to-eye on a number of issues, and some of them aren’t footy related,” Schwarz told SEN.

“There are other players down there accusing other players of things, whether that be goalkicking or decision-making.

“You go through these things at sporting clubs but it is rare that happens on the back of a premiership given they’ve been so united and so well oiled.”

But Darcy described Schwarz’s claims as “laughable”.

“It’s hard not to laugh at that to be honest with you, because I picked up the phone knowing that was said this afternoon, you make some calls to people around and it is laughable,” Darcy told 7Mate’s Talking Footy.

“There’s some frustration about how they’re playing, but that’s what happens. You lose, you’re a premiership side and all of a sudden people generate stories from nothing that don’t exist and talk about stuff that is just factually not (correct).

“You’d be disappointed if they weren’t frustrated, but that’s what happens in football clubs, not ridiculous stories about players having personal issues.”

chef
20-06-2017, 05:52 PM

Starting to spread to other media too

ESPN article.....

Former flame divides once-close teammates

As Western Bulldogs fans and the footy public search for reasons behind the club's strangely ineffectual premiership defence, it emerges that an off-field, behind-the-scenes, incident could be responsible for divisions within the Dogs' ranks.

ESPN understands there's a rift between two once-close teammates involving a woman, the former flame of one who is now the partner of another.

The new-found relationship is said to have created a wedge within the playing group, throwing the club's premiership defence into further disarray.

The Dogs have lost much their bark following last year's fairy-tale premiership win, slumping to ninth after losing four of their past five matches.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/19676746/afl-front-centre-james-hird-makes-afl-return

bornadog
20-06-2017, 06:02 PM

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/19676746/afl-front-centre-james-hird-makes-afl-return

So one player has a rift with another and the whole cub is stuffed - pull the other one media.

hujsh
20-06-2017, 06:57 PM

ESPN article.....

Former flame divides once-close teammates

So they basically see our club like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BjjFts2F0

Now if we played Rugby League they might have a point

LostDoggy
21-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Stringer has posted on Instagram about 30 minutes ago a picture of his family with the following caption:

Let's all get one thing straight!!!, Abby is the best mum to my little girls and has not done one thing WRONG EVER second of all Jason is a brother to ME. So if you wanna talk crap leave my family and mates alone cause it's all bullsh!t!!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-06-2017, 01:40 PM
And Bob has also spoken saying there is no infighting

chef
21-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Stringer has posted on Instagram about 30 minutes ago a picture of his family with the following caption:

Let's all get one thing straight!!!, Abby is the best mum to my little girls and has not done one thing WRONG EVER second of all Jason is a brother to ME. So if you wanna talk crap leave my family and mates alone cause it's all bullsh!t!!

I feel for them atm. Its not fair to cop this sort of shit.

dadsgirl16
21-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Abby has also posted a video on Insta..absolutely categorically denying any relationship other than being best friends with JJ

Twodogs
21-06-2017, 02:21 PM
A break up is hard enough without having to do it in public. And people making stuff up and others repeating it wouldn't help. I feel for them.

ledge
21-06-2017, 04:48 PM

Good onya Jake , *!*!*!*! the media and Their bullshit and like it's anyone's business. Stick to football media scum not rumours and innuendo , that's women's days job.

cinder
21-06-2017, 06:21 PM
... that's women's days job.

Pfft, harsh.

ledge
21-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Pfft, harsh.

New idea ? I know one of them loves writing stories about people's love lives when it's really no ones business.

hujsh
21-06-2017, 06:59 PM
New idea ? I know one of them loves writing stories about people's love lives when it's really no ones business.

Obviously the men get their dose of the New Idea though the Herald Sun sport section and SEN.

Definitely not just a female thing

jeemak
21-06-2017, 08:20 PM
I think ledge may be a victim of his own bad grammar here...

cinder
21-06-2017, 10:57 PM
I think ledge may be a victim of his own bad grammar here...

I think you're right actually. I get it now ... :S

Thanks for the clarification, lol

bornadog
21-06-2017, 11:01 PM

Try the Dailey Mail - it is a ripper for getting into peoples lives

jeemak
21-06-2017, 11:19 PM
The prominence of the Daily Mail in my FB news feed is way over the top. Some of the caca you read in the comments sections to articles (you don't read the articles) are just mind blowing.

Twodogs
22-06-2017, 12:34 AM
The prominence of the Daily Mail in my FB news feed is way over the top. Some of the caca you read in the comments sections to articles (you don't read the articles) are just mind blowing.

Honestly I get you. Sometimes I read a comment and think "how does someone that stupid remember to breathe and walk at the same time?"