Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

West Coast Eagles v Melbourne Domain Stadium 7.40pm

Sunday June 25

Geelong v Fremantle Simonds Stadium 1.10pm

Richmond v Carlton MCG 3.20pm

St Kilda v Gold Coast Etihad Stadium 4.40pm

westdog54
22-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Adelaide are in trouble at home against the Hawks.

Hawthorn seem to have all the running and Adelaide are blowing their chances. Betts' miss was a bad one and Poppy made them pay.

This season gets weirder and weirder.

Twodogs
22-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Oh. My. God. Adelaide must be about to explode with fear that the sky is going to fall down on them after the Chicken Littling some of us were indulging themselves in last weekend...

jeemak
22-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Comprehensive beating down structure wise in the last twenty minutes.

Ozza
22-06-2017, 11:48 PM
I know that it has been a bit much seeing the mic'd up Hodge footage 4 or 5 times now - but it is an incredible insight.
In a frantic sport - pretty amazing that Hodge has such a great hold on what the opposition is trying to do, what his team mates are doing/need to do better - and all the while playing the game himself. I guess that's why he has been such a great player and influence on that team.

bornadog
22-06-2017, 11:54 PM
I know that it has been a bit much seeing the mic'd up Hodge footage 4 or 5 times now - but it is an incredible insight.
In a frantic sport - pretty amazing that Hodge has such a great hold on what the opposition is trying to do, what his team mates are doing/need to do better - and all the while playing the game himself. I guess that's why he has been such a great player and influence on that team.

I wonder who does that for us? Great on field coaching for the young players.

Twodogs
22-06-2017, 11:57 PM

Murph.

jeemak
22-06-2017, 11:58 PM
I just want to have a beer with him even more now. :)

1eyedog
23-06-2017, 12:45 AM
Hawthorn showing up Adelaide's lack of midfield options tonight. Sloane tagged hard.

LostDoggy
23-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Sure is an odd year. Usually there are 3 or 4 teams who win a handful of games or less. This year, at R13 Hawthorn are sitting 16th (potentially 17th) at 5-8. The lack of hopeless teams is really unusual and probably a pretty good result for all of the AFEL's efforts to have an even competition.

Ozza
23-06-2017, 09:52 AM

I'm sure that M.Boyd, Murphy, Woody, Morris and Bont all do that to a certain extent. But its hard for me to imagine that anyone in the game would be equal to Hodge in that regard. He makes them a significantly better team and will be a big hole when he retires.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 10:16 AM

This may not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind offering Hodge an assistant coaching role for next year. He clearly reads the game really well, understands it very well, has an intensity about everything he does, drives standards (and drives over .05) and has an insight about winning a premiership early, falling off the next year and what a playing group needs to do to get back quickly to get more success. I think he can play the 'bad cop' role that Montgomery used to play within the coaching group, a seemingly important dimension. He obviously goes way back with Bevo too.

Ozza
23-06-2017, 11:07 AM
This may not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind offering Hodge an assistant coaching role for next year. He clearly reads the game really well, understands it very well, has an intensity about everything he does, drives standards (and drives over .05) and has an insight about winning a premiership early, falling off the next year and what a playing group needs to do to get back quickly to get more success. I think he can play the 'bad cop' role that Montgomery used to play within the coaching group, a seemingly important dimension. He obviously goes way back with Bevo too.

I don't know why your suggestion would be unpopular. He would be the first ex-player I'd be going after if and when he retires.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 11:10 AM
I don't know why your suggestion would be unpopular. He would be the first ex-player I'd be going after if and when he retires.

Good to have an allie. I don't think he's popular with many posters on Woof.

Ozza
23-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Yeah, well people will have their digs at him being a rough player, and having a drink driving indiscretion.
I've 'loved to hate' him as a player also.
But in reality, he has been almost peerless in leading and influencing a football club to certain standards that have seen them be the most successful club in AFL history.

Topdog
23-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Yeah, well people will have their digs at him being a rough player, and having a drink driving indiscretion.
I've 'loved to hate' him as a player also.
But in reality, he has been almost peerless in leading and influencing a football club to certain standards that have seen them be the most successful club in AFL history.

Yep, he has made some poor choices in his life but on field he is peerless as a leader IMO.

Remi Moses
23-06-2017, 04:27 PM
I've only seen the first half , but fair to say I had to double check the score on the phone .
One weird whacky season this one

Ozza
23-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I've only seen the first half , but fair to say I had to double check the score on the phone .
One weird whacky season this one

Adelaide were out-coached/out-structured (I'm sure that's not a word! But you know what I mean). They just weren't allowed to get their normal game going for more than a few bursts during the game.

The game itself was probably quite representative of footy at the moment, in that, anybody can beat anybody - if they come in with a plan that prevents the opposition from being able to play their way - and they stick to it.

josie
23-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Though I have not liked Hodge's sometimes borderline on field dirty tactics he is a great on field leader and yep, would be good to have some new, fresh voices in the coaching group. Great thinking BT. Have a chat with Bevo or Gordon and make it happen!

hujsh
23-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Neither was Hall. Things change once they join the right side

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Neither was Hall. Things change once they join the right side

True. Although I recall 'Fat' Crameri taking a while longer to bring some around. I wouldn't mind Hall working with Tom Boyd either. Hall's leading was brilliant, even Moreso for a huge bloke.

bornadog
23-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Swans win and they are in the 8, for now.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Swans win and they are in the 8, for now.

It'll mean even more competition just to make the 8 for us. I was thinking a week ago, worst case was 7th or 8th. If results go a certain way, notably us not winning consistently, we could well miss if the boys can't find their spark. Which is staggering to even think about, considering the players we have.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Sydney not getting paid some pretty obvious free kicks this last half. Wait for the outrage.

Doc26
23-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Hoping this week's root is for Essendon??

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 11:12 PM
I guess thanks to Essendon for snuffing out Sydney as a top 8 threat.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I guess thanks to Essendon for snuffing out Sydney as a top 8 threat.

*!*!*!*! you Essendon. *!*!*!*! you.

westdog54
23-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Wow.

Wow.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2017, 11:23 PM
If only they had a way to be a bit stronger, for a bit longer. A James Hird team would've never lost that.

Doc26
23-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Amazing by the Swans to claw back. Bruce trying his utmost to morph into Tom Hardy is hysterical.

AndrewP6
23-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Amazing by the Swans to claw back. Bruce trying his utmost to morph into Tom Hardy is hysterical.

I turned it on to hear him gushing "Buddy. He kicked 0.6 tonight. But he played a role. Boy, did he play a role". I turned it off.

A guy like Cloke kicks 0.6 and everyone jumps on him, Franklin does it and they gush.

Remi Moses
23-06-2017, 11:43 PM
Just on twitter
You wouldn't be wanting to leave the pretzels out in the Essendon rooms

ratsmac
24-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Well that was fun watching Essendon lose from an un-losable position.

jeemak
24-06-2017, 01:08 AM
I turned it on to hear him gushing "Buddy. He kicked 0.6 tonight. But he played a role. Boy, did he play a role". I turned it off.

A guy like Cloke kicks 0.6 and everyone jumps on him, Franklin does it and they gush.

I know my continual references to Bruce being a strange pervert can be tiresome, but this is the epitome of why I think it's important that I fight the good fight on that front. He's a sycophant, nothing more (apart from being a pervert), and nothing less (apart from being a pervert).

It's too much.

Dry Rot
24-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Best game I've been to this year, absolute ripper.

Very impressed with Daniher watching him live. The best of the young talls?

merantau
24-06-2017, 03:16 AM
The game is played above the shoulders in finishes like that. I'm sure a lot of Essendon players put the cue in the rack psychologically speaking.

westdog54
24-06-2017, 07:41 AM

I thought he'd won the match with that last mark. It was a beauty. He's a damned good footballer.

soupman
24-06-2017, 09:31 AM

He is incredible to watch. So mobile and a bit like Buddy you feel like he is a threat to kick a goal if he gets the ball anywhere inside of 80m.

Topdog
24-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Took 2 very important marks in the backline in the last 2 minutes and made 2 very big mistakes, playing on both times.

Topdog
24-06-2017, 09:47 AM
That game has made my weekend and restored my faith in football. *!*!*!*! I HATE essendon.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Hopefully the AFEL doesn't feel sorry for Essendon and give them the 4 points anyway. I mean it was so heartbreaking for the club and players with what they had to go through. They fully deserved the number one pick last year. What an incredible story

bulldogsthru&thru
24-06-2017, 10:48 AM
So Sydney now I'm the 8 after starting 0-6. What a crazy season. It's great the comp is so close but just adds to the competition we have to make the 8. On the plus side of the comp being so close, if we do happen to miss the eight we can turn it into a top 5 pick fairly easily. I'm not advocating it but it would be a silver lining in a horrid year and give us some great tools to reload for 2018. Of course I'd much prefer to eventually find our spark and get in the 8

jeemak
24-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Should Bellchambers have received a free in the final seconds at the throw in?

It looked like he was pushed.

bornadog
24-06-2017, 12:16 PM
That game has made my weekend and restored my faith in football. *!*!*!*! I HATE essendon.

I am with you TD.

Remi Moses
24-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a great game . It was close , and the way Essendon did a Richmond was hilarious.
Soon as Essendon levelled the midfield Sydney got killed on the outside, but when Sydney dominated in there they should have been 5 or 6 goals up .

Remi Moses
24-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Brereton and GWS need to get a room
Seriously

GVGjr
24-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Brereton and GWS need to get a room
Seriously
Can you elaborate for people who arent listening to him?

Remi Moses
24-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Put it this way
Might as well hand in the keys as the premiership is over
He's told us 100 times how talented this team is

LostDoggy
24-06-2017, 11:21 PM
Tom Mconald is playing some game in Perth.

bulldogtragic
24-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Thank god that wasn't us...

Flamethrower
24-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Dees should finish top 4 now. And then get knocked out in straight sets.

macca
25-06-2017, 01:18 AM
What a great round so far
It was a entertaining watching eassendon lead and I thought they were going to win with 3 mins to go,, and even better to see sydney win on the siren. Cannot wipe the smile off my face seeing eassendon and their supporters anguish , another one year wasted zaharakis

Are melbourne the real deal ? Win by 3 points

It was a fun to see collingwood get smashed today

Topdog
25-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Are melbourne the real deal ? Win 3 points

Without Josh Kennedy we win in Perth fairly comfortably.

Rocco Jones
25-06-2017, 11:51 AM
'Real deal' is very much at the moment (at the moment).

Let's have a look ladder wise.

GWS- to me the only side I am really sold on as a legit premiership side but they lost to Carlton last week and have escaped with a few wins. Just rate their ability to constantly get over the line with so many out.

Crows- mid depth looks a real issue and I have real doubts over them winning at least 3 games in the month that counts.

Port- does their style match what's needed when it counts?

Cats- they have lost their last four games away from Geelong.

Dees- looking the best side in the comp at the moment. Still not proven, but getting there.

Tigers- I know people have a laugh at them (rightly so) but they are best side in the comp in terms of being at least competitive week in, week out. Obvious doubts whenever a game gets close!

Eagles- away from home= obviously not good enough.

Dogs- we all know

Swans- on the rise, early loses holding them back of course

Essendon- lots of upside, massive loss on Friday.

Remi Moses
25-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Freo taking up it to the handbaggers at Tax payer funded park
In fairness Geelong have half their side off

westdog54
25-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Freo taking up it to the handbaggers at Tax payer funded park
In fairness Geelong have half their side off

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at that.

bulldogtragic
25-06-2017, 04:45 PM
What a finish!!!!

Wolters should've really kicked that for the win. Geelong steal another close game.

Rocket Science
25-06-2017, 06:42 PM
It's that time of the week again people.

Please please please please please PLEASE Carlton run over the top of Richmond at the death knell.

*rubs hands together*

bornadog
25-06-2017, 06:45 PM
It's that time of the week again people.

Please please please please please PLEASE Carlton run over the top of Richmond at the death knell.

*rubs hands together*

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/giphy.gif

Rocket Science
25-06-2017, 06:51 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/giphy.gif

Sigh. Oh well. Even the mere prospect was good while it lasted.

jeemak
25-06-2017, 07:31 PM
I'm loving how uppity Melbourne players are becoming after their 12 year rebuild.

Clayton Oliver is giving it back to Damien Martyn in twitter wars 'n' shit.

bulldogtragic
25-06-2017, 07:34 PM
I'm loving how uppity Melbourne players are becoming after their 12 year rebuild.

I think they'll be a deer in the headlights come a cut throat final. I wouldn't mind getting them if we make finals.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-06-2017, 09:06 PM

Clayton Oliver is giving it back to Damien Martyn in twitter wars 'n' shit.

Yeah it's funny. They're a fair bit ahead of us in their rebuild. They've also next in line in the handout after GWS. But they are looking good. Although no one is really playing "finals footy".

bornadog
25-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Saints into the 8 at our expense, on %. Must win game again next week for us and Saints travel to Perth to play freo.

Mantis
26-06-2017, 09:49 AM
I think they'll be a deer in the headlights come a cut throat final. I wouldn't mind getting them if we make finals.

I'm sure sides would've said the same about us.. Lot to like about Melb with Gawn just returning and Hogan to come.

bulldogtragic
26-06-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm sure sides would've said the same about us.. Lot to like about Melb with Gawn just returning and Hogan to come.

True. I tend to think their first campaign will be like ours in 2015 against Adelaide, better for the experience but not the win. I'd say they've jumped towards their window quicker than I'd thought. Even Moreso if they have a good trade/free agency period.

Ozza
26-06-2017, 10:09 AM
True. I tend to think their first campaign will be like ours in 2015 against Adelaide, better for the experience but not the win. I'd say they've jumped towards their window quicker than I'd thought. Even Moreso if they have a good trade/free agency period.

They've been rebuilding for a decade though!!

bornadog
26-06-2017, 10:10 AM

Yeah, how many first rounders have they had over that period.

bulldogtragic
26-06-2017, 10:21 AM

Outrageous and biased. I expected better from you. To be fair it's just a rebuild.

Of a rebuild. Of a rebuild. Of a rebuild. Of a rebuild. :D

westdog54
26-06-2017, 05:36 PM

You can only take about the last three or four years of the 'rebuild' all that seriously, as the club was in disarray prior to that.

Their recent recruiting has been particularly good and bringing in Lewis when they have is starting to look like a master stroke.

ledge
27-06-2017, 11:26 AM
4 wins in a row is awesome at the right time of year Melbourne.

Twodogs
01-07-2017, 12:33 AM
Put it this way
Might as well hand in the keys as the premiership is over
He's told us 100 times how talented this team is

Still haven't got any players who want it enough. All the talent, no grunt and will always fail when push comes to shove in a big final.

We will make the finals. Not sure Melbourne will though.