PDA

View Full Version : Training 11/1/08

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I went again yesterday.
Paul Dimantina turned up with his 2 kids. The young boy has a pretty good left foot on him.

Same old same old on the track. In rehab were Lake(Harris), Harbrow, Skipper, Gia, Hill, Minson.
Welsh, Grant and a few other did limited stuff.

The rookie recruits were back.
Like the look of Tim Callan.

Questions?

southerncross
12-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I went again yesterday.
Paul Dimantina turned up with his 2 kids. The young boy has a pretty good left foot on him.

Some old some old on the track. In rehab were Lake(Harris), Harbrow, Skipper, Gia, Hill, Minson.
Welsh, Grant and a few other did limited stuff.

The rookie recruits were back.
Like the look of Tim Callan.

Questions?

How much bigger is Morris, Williams and Ray?
How did Ward perform?

Dry Rot
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Please expand on Tim Callan.

Is Everitt being used as a defender or forward in drills?

What are the rookies like?

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
How much bigger is Morris, Williams and Ray?
How did Ward perform?

Morris isn't noticably bigger, he isn't a young type in his first few season that will put on more muscle.
Ray well I don't think size is his problem from last season. Its his disposal.
Williams is noticably bigger legs and upper body. His first real preseason I believe at the club.

Ward was in midfield in the practice match. Didn't notcie much there

LostDoggy
12-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Please expand on Tim Callan.

Is Everitt being used as a defender or forward in drills?

What are the rookies like?

Tim callan is no nonsense, trains hard, and doing all the right things
He was playing deep in the backline. My father likes him.

Everitt was at HB playing on Hahn HF.

Mulligan is the most noticable rookie, tall and can see him with a 40yo girlfriend. Aker was doing 1 on 1 with him.

LostDoggy
13-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Tim callan is no nonsense, trains hard, and doing all the right things
He was playing deep in the backline. My father likes him.

Everitt was at HB playing on Hahn HF.

Mulligan is the most noticable rookie, tall and can see him with a 40yo girlfriend. Aker was doing 1 on 1 with him.

I got a report from training saying that Mulligan was super impressive. Is that how you saw him? I also had a glowing report on Ward nominating him in the same class as Cooney and Griffen although we might have to wait until 2009 to see that.
One last point that was made was that Everitt has put on 8kg over summer. If that is in anyway correct he will be one to watch this year.

LostDoggy
13-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the report Ernie. Does anyone know the training times this week?

LostDoggy
13-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I got a report from training saying that Mulligan was super impressive. Is that how you saw him? I also had a glowing report on Ward nominating him in the same class as Cooney and Griffen although we might have to wait until 2009 to see that.
One last point that was made was that Everitt has put on 8kg over summer. If that is in anyway correct he will be one to watch this year.

Hard for Mulligan not to stand out, he is tall. I haven't seen him handle a football too much yet.

Ward, he is very young and I think a many of us are putting a lot of pressure on him to be somethingh special right away when realistically its at least a couple years away. Hard to notice anything just at the moment.

I'd believe 8kg more on Everitt. As mentioned previously he looks taller and stronger in the upper body. His legs are still skinny. The dreeds might have weighed a bit too? :)

LostDoggy
13-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the report Ernie. Does anyone know the training times this week?

Think it Monday, Wednesday and Friday again. Possibly at 9:30 but I'm not certain.

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Think it Monday, Wednesday and Friday again. Possibly at 9:30 but I'm not certain.

It's a shame the club doesn't advertise this. I don't fancy the drive from Ballarat with my son just to find that it isn't on. Thanks anyway and I might just have to risk it.

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 01:44 PM
It's a shame the club doesn't advertise this. I don't fancy the drive from Ballarat with my son just to find that it isn't on. Thanks anyway and I might just have to risk it.
No sorry.:)
The place is a construction site. They don't advertise it for that reason.
A young girl last week tried to stop my father and I going through.

The Coon Dog
14-01-2008, 01:58 PM
No sorry.:)A young girl last week tried to stop my father and I going through.

How did you overcome that situation?

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 02:14 PM
How did you overcome that situation?

Said we'd been there before, other people were already outside and then ignored her.
It was a bit stupid as Rocket doesn't mind and you can get in from the side anyway.

Cyberdoggie
14-01-2008, 03:27 PM
No sorry.:)
The place is a construction site. They don't advertise it for that reason.
A young girl last week tried to stop my father and I going through.

and what happened after that?

i'm gathering you don't have to climb any fences or anything to get in there?

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 06:37 PM
i'm gathering you don't have to climb any fences or anything to get in there?

Its all open on West Footscray Station Side.