PDA

View Full Version : old winners episodes 1982-1986

langers1971
28-06-2017, 09:04 PM
i am searching for old copies of the abc replay show - "the Winners"

If anyone has any of these episodes, in full, then i would love to hear from you.

These aired on the original fox footy channel back in around 2005-2006. I am not interested in Winners - Rebooted though.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-06-2017, 09:10 PM
If no one here can assist is it something the ABC can assist with.
I recall my sister appeared on Countdown in the 70's (having won a min-bike in a competition) and we approached the ABC for a copy in the 90's. They were unable to help, but not for lack of trying. They replied that a whole swathe of countdown episodes were completely destroyed from their archives.
More's the pity because apparently my sister got completely mesmerised by the camera and was unable to answer coherently to any of Molly's questions.

langers1971
28-06-2017, 09:27 PM
If no one here can assist is it something the ABC can assist with.
I recall my sister appeared on Countdown in the 70's (having won a min-bike in a competition) and we approached the ABC for a copy in the 90's. They were unable to help, but not for lack of trying. They replied that a whole swathe of countdown episodes were completely destroyed from their archives.
More's the pity because apparently my sister got completely mesmerised by the camera and was unable to answer coherently to any of Molly's questions.

I do know for a fact that the ABC have some old copies of "the winners" for sale, however, each copy is $80, so its quite expensive. At this stage, i would much rather find people who may have old copies, and swap footage with them.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
29-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Try Als Highlights

Twodogs
29-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Try Als Highlights

Or YouTube in general has a lot of old videos from the '80s. It's easy to lose whole afternoons there.

bornadog
29-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Knowing Langers, he has already done that, ie checked Youtube and been in contact with Al.