Port Adelaide v Richmond Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday July 2

Essendon v Brisbane Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Hawthorn v Collingwood MCG 3.20pm

Fremantle v St Kilda Domain Stadium 4.40pm

Bulldog Joe
30-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Tough gig for Melbourne tonight

Coming off a 3rd 6 day break with a return from Perth is always tough.

They are down a few of their best 22, with 4 missing due to injury from the team that played us.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Bugg with the best/worst punch thrown on a footy field since Barry Hall. That's got to be a 4-6 week suspension surely.

Flamethrower
30-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Can't see Bugg playing again until 2018. In fact he should be facing a criminal charge for that, and definitely should have been sent off.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-06-2017, 09:14 PM
If Houli got 4... Bugg should get 6...maybe 10 if he submits character references..

bulldogtragic
30-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Can't see Bugg playing again until 2018. In fact he should be facing a criminal charge for that, and definitely should have been sent off.

A lot of similarities I reckon to the Hall punch, even down to the way he threw it. Hall got 7 weeks. If he doesn't get that then the tribunal is piss weak. Intentional, high, very forceful, behind play, player out with injury and a gutless act of violence to boot.

Remi Moses
30-06-2017, 09:26 PM
That has to be 6 to 7 weeks . Complete gutless dog act

Doc26
30-06-2017, 09:42 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjope3wd3hekr89/Bugg.jpg?raw=1

bulldogtragic
30-06-2017, 09:44 PM
4.0 to 2.14 and two on the full.

Bizarre.

Twodogs
30-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Enjoy your holiday #Thomasbugg. If you are looking for something to do you can clean Jason Johannison's premiership and Norm Smith medals. Let's face it, it's the closest you are going to get to a premiership medal.

Twodogs
30-06-2017, 10:41 PM
The deliberate OOB rule has to go. Umpires can't be trusted to (and neither is it fair that we expect them to) administer it properly.

Dancin' Douggy
30-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Bugg should get 12 weeks AND a criminal charge of unprovoked assault. That was actually worse than the Barry hall one, and I never thought I'd ever see one worse.

Remi Moses
30-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Sydney just smashed Melbourne around the ball.
Luke Parker clearly best on, but Melbourne were there for the taking .
Three 6 day breaks, and numerous injuries . Big injury to Viney as well

bulldogtragic
01-07-2017, 10:54 PM
I really wanted to see GWS lose, but watching that arse clown Geelong coach cry and scream with every painfully obvious free kick get paid against his team, I'm happy to see a draw or maybe even a GWS win. The audacity of an umpire to pay only the ridiculously obvious frees while letting the 50/50s go their way all night... Maybe he should coach and not carry on looking to see when the cameras are on him...

bulldogtragic
01-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Yes, both don't win!

AndrewP6
01-07-2017, 11:02 PM
GWS v Cats draw. I hate draws.

Remi Moses
01-07-2017, 11:16 PM
I really wanted to see GWS lose, but watching that arse clown Geelong coach cry and scream with every painfully obvious free kick get paid against his team, I'm happy to see a draw or maybe even a GWS win. The audacity of an umpire to pay only the ridiculously obvious frees while letting the 50/50s go their way all night... Maybe he should coach and not carry on looking to see when the cameras are on him...

Scott's carry on is a complete embarrassment. Pretty good coaching effort though in just stifled the GWS run

GVGjr
02-07-2017, 01:28 AM
I'd say Rocket would have to be a very strong chance now to get another contract. Good luck to him

Twodogs
02-07-2017, 08:33 AM
I'd say Rocket would have to be a very strong chance now to get another contract. Good luck to him

Yep. Really pleased for him.

jeemak
02-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Can't see it happening for Eade, the AFL will put in someone completely willing to drink the Koolaide to coach and say painfully positive things.

bornadog
02-07-2017, 12:17 PM

How good was Ablett in his 300th game with another 37 disposals. For me, without a doubt the greatest midfielder to ever play the game.

Twodogs
02-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Yeah I'm starting to come round on GAJ. He had so many great players around him at Geelong it was easy to see past him and the fact he was involved in every bit of play because he was just sort of there.

But at Gold Coast it really stands out how good he is when he's actually playing and playing well.

bornadog
02-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Great win by the Lions over Essendon. WTF did we not take our chance yesterday, we would be right in the 8, with another contender falling over. :mad:

Rocket Science
02-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Great win by the Lions over Essendon. WTF did we not take our chance yesterday, we would be right in the 8, with another contender falling over. :mad:

Always a good day when Essendon gets knocked over ... and Brissy might've done us a small favour given the Dons' run home is incredibly soft and *should* we get our act together likely one of the mobs we'll be in direct competition with to scrape into the eight.

merantau
02-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Always a good day when Essendon gets knocked over ... and Brissy might've done us a small favour given the Dons' run home is incredibly soft and *should* we get our act together likely one of the mobs we'll be in direct competition with to scrape into the eight.

Great win by the Lions. They salvaged something out of the weekend for us. Bombers fans gutted. What's not to like. After they kicked the first in the last they were licking their lips; they ended up licking their wounds.

Sedat
02-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Essendon are in for a world of hurt. They have absolutely no injuries and are mid table plodders. They also have all of their salary cap chewed up by former dopers that are well past their best. They are also one of the oldest lists in the comp. And their coach is a dud with the worst group of assistant behind him. Going nowhere.

Other clubs should get stuck into their young underpaid players in the off season.

macca
02-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Which young players can we play pick and off Essendon ? Parish and fantasia rem2 who come the mind

Sedat
02-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Which young players can we play pick and off Essendon ? Parish and fantasia rem2 who come the mind
I'd start with Z Merrett and work my way down. Francis not getting much game time - worth an enquiry as well.

All the doping 12 are on inflated wages and most are on long term deals.

Sedat
02-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Saints winning has cut the race for the top 8 down to 10 - we're notionally there but clearly not on form.

bulldogtragic
02-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Saints winning has cut the race for the top 8 down to 10 - we're notionally there but clearly not on form.

Its also pushing Freo down to a finish around 15th. That gives them excellent Fyfe compo. If they get pick 4 & pick 5 compo, they might just take that and a seperate good deal on another player rather than hold out like Adelaide/Dangerfield. A team with salary cap room and a decent player to trade might be more interested if it's going the FA route.

bornadog
02-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Its also pushing Freo down to a finish around 15th. That gives them excellent Fyfe compo. If they get pick 4 & pick 5 compo, they might just take that and a seperate good deal on another player rather than hold out like Adelaide/Dangerfield. A team with salary cap room and a decent player to trade might be more interested if it's going the FA route.

Fyfe has commenced negotiations to stay with Freo.

Doc26
02-07-2017, 09:26 PM
I'd start with Z Merrett and work my way down. Francis not getting much game time - worth an enquiry as well.

All the doping 12 are on inflated wages and most are on long term deals.

Of course that's all assuming that these 'wages' are transparent within Essendon's TPP and not immersed within the dopers insurance payouts . Essendon have proven in the worst possible way that they are an immoral outfit so why would they just limit their rorting to injecting their players with WADA banned drugs? I suspect not. As they themselves once heavily marketed 'Whatever It Takes'.

bulldogtragic
02-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Fyfe has commenced negotiations to stay with Freo.

So much for the media 'he's all but gone and signed at (insert club here)' commentary.

Twodogs
02-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Mcdonald Tipungwuti please.

Doc26
02-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Mcdonald Tipungwuti please.

Fasika my choice.

bornadog
03-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Riewoldt caught cheating again.

Diver calls for the ball from the Freo player after a free kick given to his teammate - seen raising his arms. Freo player not knowing whose free, throws the ball to Nick the diver.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDxwG7qV0AALRvK.jpg

then let's the ball fall to the ground because it wasn't his free and calls for the umpire to give a 50 metre penalty - Saints get the 50m and goal.

Really blots his copy book with these cheating antics.

Mantis
03-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Riewoldt caught cheating again.

Diver calls for the ball from the Freo player after a free kick given to his teammate - seen raising his arms. Freo player not knowing whose free, throws the ball to Nick the diver.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDxwG7qV0AALRvK.jpg

then let's the ball fall to the ground because it wasn't his free and calls for the umpire to give a 50 metre penalty - Saints get the 50m and goal.

Really blots his copy book with these cheating antics.

He really is a 'rex hunt'... *!*!*!*! I hate him.

1eyedog
03-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Partly yeah, but Logue's a greenhorn and was a bit in the highlights it seems. Really needed to take advice from the officiating umpire rather than Diver.

bornadog
03-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Partly yeah, but Logue's a greenhorn and was a bit in the highlights it seems. Really needed to take advice from the officiating umpire rather than Diver.

The umpire has done the right thing, but Diver is just a bloody cheat - not a sportsman at all.

soupman
03-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Pretty poor sportsmanship. Real dick move and it was at a crucial stage of the match.

bornadog
03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/dxxXCCWyz3VnO/giphy.gif

Happy Days
05-07-2017, 12:33 PM
I'd start with Z Merrett and work my way down.

Getting Merrett back would scrub the last vestige of the horrors of the McCartney regime and his "Cheap as Chips but also really stubborn and stupid" approach to trading.

Wonder if they want Crameri back?

Doc26
05-07-2017, 07:11 PM
The umpire has done the right thing, but Diver is just a bloody cheat - not a sportsman at all.

There's your John Landy's of this world where sportmanship is personified in and then there are the Nick Riewoldt's where the route taken is gamesmanship.

He's been a wonderful player but a good sportsman he's not which blots what would be an otherwise impeccable career.

boydogs
05-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Pretty good coaching effort though in just stifled the GWS run

GWS would be the most talented side in the comp, but at the same time the easiest to coach against. If they can't get quick ball movement they are ordinary