GWS v Sydney Spotless Stadium 7.25pm

Melbourne v Adelaide TIO Stadium 7.40pm

Sunday July 16

Richmond v Brisbane Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Carlton v Western Bulldogs MCG 3.20pm

Fremantle v West Coast Domain Stadium 4.40pm

jeemak
14-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Two teams with pretty ordinary structure but quick and frantic play going at it tonight and butchering opportunities because of the former.

They're very quick across the board. Both are immediately above us on the ladder, only a small uplift in form should have us account for them both. Unfortunately it looks as if St Kilda are going to let themselves get beaten up tonight, whilst it makes them easier to bypass with a few wins EFC with a good percentage will be that little bit harder to catch.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Two teams with pretty ordinary structure but quick and frantic play going at it tonight and butchering opportunities because of the former.

They're very quick across the board. Both are immediately above us on the ladder, only a small uplift in form should have us account for them both. Unfortunately it looks as if St Kilda are going to let themselves get beaten up tonight, whilst it makes them easier to bypass with a few wins EFC with a good percentage will be that little bit harder to catch.

Yep. I'm not sure on the percentages of us making it, but it's harder again, boarding now on 'mathematically possible'.

jeemak
14-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Interesting resource. Not sure I trust the probabilities/points apportioned to likely results:

http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

I'd take 9th if we have a decent win this week. Like the last couple of seasons just winning is the most important thing for us, we can still get there, particularly if we ignore any form or lack thereof going forward!

bulldogtragic
14-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Interesting resource. Not sure I trust the probabilities/points apportioned to likely results:

http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

I'd take 9th if we have a decent win this week. Like the last couple of seasons just winning is the most important thing for us, we can still get there, particularly if we ignore any form or lack thereof going forward!

This is my go to page for quick live updates, been using it for a couple of years. There's some parts of the ladder it seems reliable on, but on other parts it's been a fair bit off this year. Last time I looked that had us 9th and Essendon 10th. I think that might swap around and net us Pick 8.

Twodogs
14-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Last year we kept winning but couldn't make up any significant ground week after week, this year we keep losing but (until last week) didn't fall away.

Doc26
14-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Like last week :p, great example tonight of how one team, Essendon, can continually throw their way out of stoppages without penalty e.g Merrett, Heppell etc whilst we get all the scrutiny and subsequent punishment for actions far more discreet than what's on show tonight.

Remi Moses
14-07-2017, 11:50 PM
The game totally on Essendons terms . Barely any stoppages , whereas Stkilda are a blue collar side and if if they're off with their prsssure , they get pantsed . Riewoldt looks cooked to me , and Joe Daniher has reached superstar.Im still reeling from Bruce's comment that Essendon could become everyone's second team if they play finals.
Bruce get ya hand off it :rolleyes:

Remi Moses
14-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Like last week :p, great example tonight of how one team, Essendon, can continually throw their way out of stoppages without penalty e.g Merrett, Heppell etc whilst we get all the scrutiny and subsequent punishment for actions far more discreet than what's on show tonight.

No we throw it and other teams have "quick hands". Just another media myth

bulldogsthru&thru
15-07-2017, 12:04 AM
No we throw it and other teams have "quick hands". Just another media myth

Another myth that the AFL subscribes to. The league is fast becoming....well the AFEL. Just zero integrity in the chase for the all mighty ollar

jeemak
15-07-2017, 12:41 AM

I've seen this somewhere before......

jeemak
15-07-2017, 12:45 AM

It's the price we pay as "undeserved" premiers.

The key in all of it however, is that we are the premiers. They can take away the third man up, they can crunch our disposal by hand, but, they can't take away from us that we are the premiers.

I feel we've allowed ourselves as supporters to lose site of that. WE ARE THE PREMIERS!

Twodogs
15-07-2017, 01:38 PM
It's the price we pay as "undeserved" premiers.

The key in all of it however, is that we are the premiers. They can take away the third man up, they can crunch our disposal by hand, but, they can't take away from us that we are the premiers.

I feel we've allowed ourselves as supporters to lose site of that. WE ARE THE PREMIERS!

The special Premiers Gold AFL emblem reminds me every week.

I have had to check to make sure a couple of times though. :confused:

Happy Days
15-07-2017, 02:25 PM
I love Joe Daniher and think we should trade our entire team for him.

ledge
15-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Essendon are looking very good I must say . A team to be very wary of the next few years
I think Jobe is past it and the team looks so much quicker without him.
Daniher is a godsend to them making football enjoyable for the club and seems to be lifting the weight off the whole team this year with smiles and a positive effect

azabob
15-07-2017, 03:07 PM
I love Joe Daniher and think we should trade our entire team for him.

Let's keep #DaBont, reality is we only need those 2 players.

Twodogs
15-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Let's keep #DaBont, reality is we only need those 2 players.

I'd like to keep our Bendigo boys as well. Jake, Tory and one other I can't think of off the top of my head-might be Campbell (Castlemaine is close enough)

boydogs
15-07-2017, 04:05 PM
This is my go to page for quick live updates, been using it for a couple of years. There's some parts of the ladder it seems reliable on, but on other parts it's been a fair bit off this year. Last time I looked that had us 9th and Essendon 10th. I think that might swap around and net us Pick 8.

10th = pick 9. 18=1, 17=2, 16=3, 15=4, 14=5, 13=6, 12=7, 11=8, 10=9

Doc26
15-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Dangerfield on one leg and playing in the goal square from midway through the first quarter still looks a good chance of getting the 3 votes.
His courage and determination is off the scale.

bornadog
15-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Dangerfield on one leg and playing in the goal square from midway through the first quarter still looks a good chance of getting the 3 votes.
His courage and determination is off the scale.
Ended up with 5 goals 6.

Hawks should have won that with a chance in the last 18 seconds. Smith 45metres out played on and missed and siren went.

Grantysghost
15-07-2017, 06:08 PM
May has done his hamstring for Suns looks like he will miss a few weeks .

Rocco Jones
15-07-2017, 06:12 PM
May has done his hamstring for Suns looks like he will miss a few weeks .

Massive, massive out for them. We need all the help we can get. He is an absolute star and massive for that backline mentally.

The bulldog tragician
15-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Watching with very little interest in the match (cats v Hawks) it is evident how rubbish HTB has become. So rarely paid. Players can drop the ball with impunity, be swung around for an hour or so. There was a laughable non decision where Selwood was tackled, swung around, finally dispossessed ( no free, it eventually just fell free) and then seen whinging as he alone of everyone at the G believed he'd been tackled high.

Sedat
15-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a team use up so many lives in the one season as Geelong have used this year - I've counted 5 games this season they should have lost but managed to arse their way to a win or draw. Makes me sick actually thinking of the possibility of Selwood and Chris Scott holding up the premiership cup.

Twodogs
15-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Watching with very little interest in the match (cats v Hawks) it is evident how rubbish HTB has become. So rarely paid. Players can drop the ball with impunity, be swung around for an hour or so. There was a laughable non decision where Selwood was tackled, swung around, finally dispossessed ( no free, it eventually just fell free) and then seen whinging as he alone of everyone at the G believed he'd been tackled high.

HTB is a farce at the moment but it's funny how it becomes even more farcical when Selwood gets involved. It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous with the umpires and the reasons they invent not to penalise Joel Selwood.

"Holding the ball"
"no it wasn't"
"why? It was a textbook example of an infringement of the rule. He ran 5 metres with the ball, then he was tackled, spun in a full 360 four times and then threw the ball 30 metres away."
"Ummmm, the Selwood provision? Nobody called Joel Selwood ever gets pinged for HTB when the day of the week has a 'Y' in it"

westdog54
15-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Pretty good game on in Darwin.

That Jayden Hunt torp on the 3qt siren was joyful to watch. Struck it beautifully.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Have to admire Sydney's turnaround this year. As much as I don't really want to.

bornadog
15-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Have to admire Sydney's turnaround this year. As much as I don't really want to.

GWS last 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses

westdog54
16-07-2017, 07:56 PM
GWS last 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses

They've gone from having the minor premiership on a platter to being back in the peloton within a month

This season is unbelievable.

Rocket Science
16-07-2017, 08:51 PM
They've gone from having the minor premiership on a platter to being back in the peloton within a month

This season is unbelievable.

Which makes it all the more galling/heartbreaking we've decided to shit the bed thus far. There's another flag for the taking for whoever gets their act together at the right time of year.

Sound like anyone we know?

Twodogs
16-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Which makes it all the more galling/heartbreaking we've decided to shit the bed thus far. There's another flag for the taking for whoever gets their act together at the right time of year.

Sound like anyone we know?

I reckon it's Essendon as much as I hate to say it. I've got a horrible feeling they will come right through the middle while other teams implode. Hopefully they just don't have condition and durability in the players who missed last year.

merantau
17-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Sydney are playing at a frenetic pace re the pressure they apply to the ball carrier. They also get massive numbers around the ball and their mids have elite ability to get the ball out to advantage.
Geelong - lucky to win again. Issac Smith haunted by his missed shot from last year.
Adelaide - travelling well but have shown themselves to be flaky.
Port - have good players throughout and pace to burn.
Essendon - in a rich vein of form at the moment.
Melbourne - have lost two in a row and are on the slide.
Tigers - won but were not that impressive.
StKilda - up and down. Should seek out Otis Elevator Co. for sponsorship.
West Coast - Freo handed them victory on a platter.
Us - we just have to keep winning. Will be tough. Six wins and we are in for sure. Five and we'll be depending on percentage and hoping that some results fall our way.
Four more wins and were looking for a miracle. EVERY result would have to fall our way, we would need some huge wins ourselves and depend on others suffering massive defeats.
That's not going to happen.
In summary: win every game and we are in. Win five and we are dependent on others. Win four and we are looking for bone fide MIRACLES. It ain't gonna happen.
I have a bad feeling that our errant kicking for goal will come back to haunt us.

Twodogs
17-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Is that two games in a row Isaac smith has missed the winner against Geelong or have they played in between?

Ozza
17-07-2017, 02:23 AM
Is that two games in a row Isaac smith has missed the winner against Geelong or have they played in between?

They played in between on Easter Monday - Geelong won by 15 goals I think.

But 2 in 3 games missing the winner. Tough.

Twodogs
17-07-2017, 03:04 AM
They played in between on Easter Monday - Geelong won by 15 goals I think.

But 2 in 3 games missing the winner. Tough.

Very tough.

Topdog
17-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Are we talking about the same Essendon that lost to Brisbane at home?

Twodogs
17-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Are we talking about the same Essendon that lost to Brisbane at home?

Yep. I dunno why myself. It's a feeling I have. I don't know why but it's the same one I had about us this time last year when I said to my dad that we had to get Grand Final tickets. He laughed but I'd never insisted we needed Grand Final tickets before.