PDA

View Full Version : Round 23

aker39
18-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Mark Stevens has tweeted that the Hawks v Dogs game in Rnd 23 will be the Friday night game.

Doc26
18-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Mark Stevens has tweeted that the Hawks v Dogs game in Rnd 23 will be the Friday night game.

Great, two lots of 'Roaming Brian with our lads to look forward to on IQ.

Eastdog
18-07-2017, 08:30 PM
So 2 more Friday night games for the year a home game at Etihad R21 v Giants and Away game v Hawks at Etihad R23. Complete opposite to last year when we were the last game on Sunday although now it doesn't matter as much with the week break before the final series which hopefully will make in 2017.

Eastdog
18-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Also I believe a replacement game too - so can use your membership to access GA areas.

Eastdog
18-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Great, two lots of 'Roaming Brian with our lads to look forward to on IQ.

Yeah BT is a big sticky beak :)

Twodogs
18-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Also I believe a replacement game too - so can use your membership to access GA areas.

Indeed it is.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Assuming this is the Hodge and probably Murphy factor?

Neither side would have a claim to Friday night otherwise.

bulldogtragic
18-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Assuming this is the Hodge and probably Murphy factor?

Neither side would have a claim to Friday night otherwise.

Does Matty Boyd get to squeeze in too? So there's two each, Hawthorn can also send off Vickery.

Sedat
18-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Why is there even a floating schedule for R23 now that the bye is in place? More AFL idiocy.

hujsh
18-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Why is there even a floating schedule for R23 now that the bye is in place? More AFL idiocy.

Great point.

Absolutely no reason for it now

Eastdog
18-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Totally right Sedat. Should just of been decided right from the start. Pointless now.

Twodogs
18-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Umm, arrr, GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Happy Days
18-07-2017, 09:54 PM

Because it creates more content to fill the ridiculous amount of media hours that AFL talk has to fill.

westdog54
19-07-2017, 11:06 PM

Great point.

Absolutely no reason for it now

https://meblogwritegood.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/screen-shot-2012-01-09-at-12-27-00-pm.png

"It appears I just plum forgot about it, he he he"

Ozza
20-07-2017, 11:16 AM

Devils advocate.....

It gives the league the flexibility to schedule Hawthorn v Dogs on a Friday night now that they know it will be Hodge (and probably Bob and Boyd's) last game, rather than it potentially end up on a 4:40pm Saturday arvo fixture or something like that.

Similarly they now know that the Tigers\Saints game will be one of big consequence for finals spots - and potentially Riewoldt and Montagna's last game - and maybe it gets a Saturday night slot.

I realize it is not necessary in terms of fairness and breaks before finals - but still gives the league the opportunity to showcase the biggest 'events' of the weekend at the best times.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If the important games, or the farewell games are in the bad timeslots - then they get criticized for that too.

Twodogs
20-07-2017, 12:56 PM
All good points Oz. Very devilish.

In the end it really doesn't matter I guess.

hujsh
20-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Devils advocate.....

It gives the league the flexibility to schedule Hawthorn v Dogs on a Friday night now that they know it will be Hodge (and probably Bob and Boyd's) last game, rather than it potentially end up on a 4:40pm Saturday arvo fixture or something like that.

Similarly they now know that the Tigers\Saints game will be one of big consequence for finals spots - and potentially Riewoldt and Montagna's last game - and maybe it gets a Saturday night slot.

I realize it is not necessary in terms of fairness and breaks before finals - but still gives the league the opportunity to showcase the biggest 'events' of the weekend at the best times.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If the important games, or the farewell games are in the bad timeslots - then they get criticized for that too.

Counter devil to that is why not do it for round 22-21-20 19-18 etc etc. Every week there are important matches not on FTA and you just live with it.

Most people won't criticise the AFL for not predicting what games will be important in round 23.

Twodogs
20-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Counter devil to that is why not do it for round 22-21-20 19-18 etc etc. Every week there are important matches not on FTA and you just live with it.

Most people won't criticise the AFL for not predicting what games will be important in round 23.

Would you have a bye in between each round?

Flamethrower
20-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Considering how close the ladder is this year, perhaps it's time for the AFL to adopt the EPL way and play all nine fixtures at the same time Saturday afternoon to stop manipulation of results by the teams. (Leave that for the AFL and their umpires).

LostDoggy
20-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Considering how close the ladder is this year, perhaps it's time for the AFL to adopt the EPL way and play all nine fixtures at the same time Saturday afternoon to stop manipulation of results by the teams. (Leave that for the AFL and their umpires).
Where would you play the matches?

Only one game played at the MCG and one game played at Etihad isn't going to please the AFL.

hujsh
20-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Would you have a bye in between each round?

Not a bye, an unset fixture so you can make sure the important games are on TV.

And I wouldn't do it was more my point

Twodogs
20-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Not a bye, an unset fixture so you can make sure the important games are on TV.

And I wouldn't do it was more my point

Yeah, I was just extracting the urine. If we did have byes the season would run a couple of months longer.

jeemak
21-07-2017, 02:21 AM

Percentage apparently takes care of any manipulation that may occur.

westdog54
21-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Where would you play the matches?

Only one game played at the MCG and one game played at Etihad isn't going to please the AFL.

Etihad
MCG
Adelaide Oval
Gabba
SCG
Metricon
Spotless
Subiaco
Kardinia Park

You're basically handing a big "*!*!*!*! you" to all bar three Victorian clubs.

It's a great big no from me.

bornadog
21-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Etihad
MCG
Adelaide Oval
Gabba
SCG
Metricon
Spotless
Subiaco
Kardinia Park

You're basically handing a big "*!*!*!*! you" to all bar three Victorian clubs.

It's a great big no from me.

Whitten Oval :D

Eastdog
21-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Whitten Oval :D

Yes I would love that :)

Sedat
21-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Devils advocate.....

All it gives is the chance for the AFL to garner even more unwarranted media exposure and column inches. We survived perfectly well until a couple of years ago without a floating fixture, and the only reason we have the bye is because the code is completely beholden to the gambling companies, who do not respond kindly to mass player resting in R23.

Now that we have the bye, the floating fixture is not needed at all IMO.

Eastdog
21-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Cool idea but would be tough to implement nowadays with most of the suburban grounds no longer used.

hujsh
21-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I was just extracting the urine. If we did have byes the season would run a couple of months longer.

arg

Thought that might be the case as soon as I posted. Now I shall never recover from my shame

LostDoggy
22-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Because the TV networks would hate it, the AFEL would never start all R23 games simultaneously. The only reasonable argument I can see for retaining a floating draw for R23 would be to at least start the 2 or 3 games that direcly impact each other at the same time. So if 2 teams sitting 8th and 9th are on the same points with similar percentage, they could be both put on Saturday night (for example).

bornadog
01-08-2017, 05:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGH46BVUwAES2EQ.jpg

bornadog
01-08-2017, 05:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGH4-LrVoAAMpQM.jpg

bornadog
01-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Our ninth Friday night game for the season, and only 2 are home games.

LostDoggy
01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Two years in a row we have copped a legend retiring. We may have our own legends retiring this time.

Eastdog
01-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Our ninth Friday night game for the season, and only 2 are home games.

It has been good exposure but our recent Friday night games haven't been great for us although the first 2 rounds we got good results. Hopefully that changes against the Giants

Twodogs
11-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Two years in a row we have copped a legend retiring. We may have our own legends retiring this time.

Pav last year, who was the year before mate?

ledge
11-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Would say he means last year and this year.

Happy Days
11-08-2017, 12:44 PM

I think he means Hodge this year.

We were stiff to cop McCartney's last game as coach in 2014. As well as all the ones previous, but I digress.

Twodogs
11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Would say he means last year and this year.

Ah yeah, of course. it was too early in the morning for my brain to be switched on.

azabob
11-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Who else got tickets?

Twodogs
11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Who else got tickets?

What's the deal? Last time it was a free ticket with your membership but this time it seems to be a bit different.

Eastdog
11-08-2017, 02:02 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-08-07/hawks-clash-a-dogs-member-replacement-game?camefrom=EMCL_1782583_70896788

Hawks clash a Dogs member replacement game
westernbulldogs.com.au
7 August 2017 3:51 PM

The Western Bulldogs’ round 23 Friday night clash against Hawthorn is a member replacement game

With the Western Bulldogs playing two of its allocated 11 home games in Cairns and Ballarat this year, access members who were unable to attend those matches were given access to two allocated replacement games in Melbourne, with the first replacement game the Round 1 season opener against Collingwood at the MCG.

While access members can scan in to gain entry to general admission areas, due to the high demand for this match we encourage members to upgrade to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry.

Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

For more information on how to scan in for general admission access, or upgrade to a reserved seat, read below or call the Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.

Match Details

Round 23 - Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs
Etihad Stadium

7:50pm, Friday 25 August

Member access

Both 2017 home and home & away access members will be able to gain entry to general admission areas available at the above matches.

Reserved seat holders will not have access to a reserved seat at these games but can access general admission areas.

Members can upgrade from general admission to a reserved seat for these matches via Ticketmaster (Round 23 vs Hawks) from 9am, Wednesday 9 August, where you can enter your 12 digit barcode to access the discounted member prices.

Due to the high demand of this match we encourage members with general admission access to to consider upgrading to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry. Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

General Admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium advise capacity has been reached.

Cheer Squad member
Please note our Cheer Squad will be in Aisle 25 for this match which is the same end as we have for all home games at Etihad Stadium.

More fixture questions around Cairns and Ballarat? Click here.

Twodogs
11-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Who else got tickets?

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-08-07/hawks-clash-a-dogs-member-replacement-game?camefrom=EMCL_1782583_70896788

Hawks clash a Dogs member replacement game
westernbulldogs.com.au
7 August 2017 3:51 PM

The Western Bulldogs’ round 23 Friday night clash against Hawthorn is a member replacement game

With the Western Bulldogs playing two of its allocated 11 home games in Cairns and Ballarat this year, access members who were unable to attend those matches were given access to two allocated replacement games in Melbourne, with the first replacement game the Round 1 season opener against Collingwood at the MCG.

While access members can scan in to gain entry to general admission areas, due to the high demand for this match we encourage members to upgrade to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry.

Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

For more information on how to scan in for general admission access, or upgrade to a reserved seat, read below or call the Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.

Match Details

Round 23 - Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs
Etihad Stadium

7:50pm, Friday 25 August

Member access

Both 2017 home and home & away access members will be able to gain entry to general admission areas available at the above matches.

Reserved seat holders will not have access to a reserved seat at these games but can access general admission areas.

Members can upgrade from general admission to a reserved seat for these matches via Ticketmaster (Round 23 vs Hawks) from 9am, Wednesday 9 August, where you can enter your 12 digit barcode to access the discounted member prices.

Due to the high demand of this match we encourage members with general admission access to to consider upgrading to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry. Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

General Admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium advise capacity has been reached.

Cheer Squad member
Please note our Cheer Squad will be in Aisle 25 for this match which is the same end as we have for all home games at Etihad Stadium.

More fixture questions around Cairns and Ballarat? Click here.

Cheers Easty, but I just realised that I asked the wrong question. Or the right question in the wrong place.

cinder
16-08-2017, 02:19 PM
My sis upgrade to reserved seating and only managed to get row P on level 3. That seems quite far back for reserved seating, I wonder if all level 3 is going to be reserved??

The Pie Man
16-08-2017, 02:33 PM
I could only get W today

Eastdog
16-08-2017, 08:18 PM
If you just wanted to do standing on Level 1 you can just scan your Doggies membership at the turnstile. I don't think I'll sit up on Level 3 much prefer Level 1 and if it's only standing I'm good with that being a Dogs away game.

hujsh
16-08-2017, 08:55 PM
I really dislike that when you want to upgrade your membership for seating tickets you don't get to choose your seats. Decided to not bother with it so I could pick better seats than what the automatic thing was giving me.

Bullies
17-08-2017, 08:55 AM
By all accounts the Hawks are looking at making this game a money spinner for them which is why the majority of Level 3 is only available if you want to pay for a seat.

Eastdog
19-08-2017, 10:29 PM
So we just scan our membership if you intend to do standing on Level 1 if the GA seating is full I believe.

azabob
19-08-2017, 10:32 PM
So we just scan our membership if you intend to do standing on Level 1 if the GA seating is full I believe.

I don't think so.

Eastdog
19-08-2017, 10:42 PM
I don't think so.

Might just get a ticket then if that's the case.

Eastdog
20-08-2017, 12:42 AM
Got my ticket for next Friday night Level 1 Aisle 27 close to where our cheer squad is going to be in Aisle 25.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Some interesting games:

GWS vs Geelong - Winner gets a home final
North vs Brisbane - Loser gets the wooden spoon (& pick 1)

bornadog
23-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Friday's game is a members replacement game.

LostDoggy
23-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Regardless of what happens in our game I still would love to see Essendon get rolled.

bornadog
23-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Regardless of what happens in our game I still would love to see Essendon get rolled.

Yeah, that would be great to see them miss finals after being in the box seat.

Twodogs
24-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Some interesting games:

GWS vs Geelong - Winner gets a home final
North vs Brisbane - Loser gets the wooden spoon (& pick 1)

Pick 1 is an overrated outcome. Usually the best player in the draft is someone else. It's hardly ever the number 1 pick.

Ozza
24-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Me too. Can't stand them.

I really didn't expect them to be able to put together the season they have after half their side missed 12 months. They've actually played some very good footy - hopefully they get belted in the finals (like they have almost every other time they've got there in the last 12 years).

dadsgirl16
24-08-2017, 11:13 AM
M Boyd and Lipinski playing according to SEN

Ozza
24-08-2017, 11:18 AM
M Boyd and Lipinski playing according to SEN

Would be very happy with this.

azabob
25-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Me too. Can't stand them.

I really didn't expect them to be able to put together the season they have after half their side missed 12 months. They've actually played some very good footy - hopefully they get belted in the finals (like they have almost every other time they've got there in the last 12 years).

I think you are overstating saying half their side. Maybe a third of their side at most.