Gold Coast v Essendon Metricon Stadium 7.25pm

Carlton v Hawthorn Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Sunday August 20

Melbourne v Brisbane MCG 1.10pm

St Kilda v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Fremantle v Richmond Domain Stadium 4.40pm

westdog54
18-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Alex Keath is on a hiding to nothing here. Buddy is going to eat him alive.

Remi Moses
18-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Why wouldn't you put Talia on Buddy ?

Rocket Science
18-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I don't think it'll matter who you put on Buddy. That sprinting goal from the wing was a thing of raw beauty.

It's hot in the kitchen at Adelaide tonight. Wonder how we'd go.

Remi Moses
18-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Free kick count lopsided
Cue -epic umpire whinge

bornadog
18-08-2017, 10:39 PM
I don't think it'll matter who you put on Buddy. That sprinting goal from the wing was a thing of raw beauty.

He is an incredible footballer

Remi Moses
18-08-2017, 11:36 PM
He's a freak

merantau
18-08-2017, 11:52 PM
If the Swans make top 4 then I'm not too fussed. But we have to make the 8 first before there are any implications for us. Come on Dogs. Let's play manic football!

westdog54
18-08-2017, 11:53 PM

To be fair. Should have been pinged for running too far after his re-gather.

Still a *!*!*!*!ing freak though.

ratsmac
19-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Free kick count lopsided
Cue -epic umpire whinge
Yeah Pyke will be whingeing that 28 to 14 free kicks wasn't enough to get them over the line.

Twodogs
19-08-2017, 12:10 AM

He started running with an opponent on his tail from the HBF almost. Not many players start running after the ball out of defence and the opposition think "oh no"

Rocket Science
19-08-2017, 12:31 AM
He started running with an opponent on his tail from the HBF almost. Not many players start running after the ball out of defence and the opposition think "oh no"

Indeed. He was up playing his part in a defensive zone and as soon as they created an outlet he just went, right, I'll make something happen here.

Talia knew the chase was futile and looked like he was going to cark it trying to keep up.

Remi Moses
19-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Yeah Pyke will be whingeing that 28 to 14 free kicks wasn't enough to get them over the line.

I'm still trying to find the rule that there has to be equilibrium in the free kick count .
Fans and footy clubs complain way to much .
Thought the crows lost nothing . Started poorly ( poor matchup on buddy) won the footy, but just didn't convert chances .
Gotta hand it to Sydney, from 0 6 to a top 4 chance is incredible. Crows turned over in their forward half in the last to often.
Got nothing out of Walker as well

jeemak
19-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Just another example of how generally umpiring decisions across the course of a game make minimal difference to its outcome but one howler at a crucial time can.

GVGjr
19-08-2017, 07:43 AM
Great game to watch and the intensity level displayed by both sides was what you would expect in a final. They are going to be hard teams to beat

Twodogs
19-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Great game to watch and the intensity level displayed by both sides was what you would expect in a final. They are going to be hard teams to beat

We are kidding ourselves if we don't think everyone is going to be hard to beat from the Elimination Final on if we make it. That first weeks rest is going to be really important.

Sedat
19-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Just another example of how generally umpiring decisions across the course of a game make minimal difference to its outcome but one howler at a crucial time can.
Was it as big a howler as has been made out? Betts had contact on Mills before the mark was even completed and then proceeded to tackle him immediately. There was no chance at all for the umpire to pay the mark and then wave play on. Eddie isn't the umpire and needed to wait for the whistle - we are all taught to play to the whistle and Eddie didn't do that last night.

KT31
19-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Pies taking it right up to the Cats, 15 points up in the second.

Sedat
19-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Now that we're cooked, I want West Coke to drive a stake in the plasitc heart of GWS tonight. They will miss top 4 if they lose tonight and at the Cattery next week.

They always seem to struggle against West Coke.

westdog54
19-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Was it as big a howler as has been made out? Betts had contact on Mills before the mark was even completed and then proceeded to tackle him immediately. There was no chance at all for the umpire to pay the mark and then wave play on. Eddie isn't the umpire and needed to wait for the whistle - we are all taught to play to the whistle and Eddie didn't do that last night.

Firstly, for the sake of being pedantic, the umpire doesn't blow the whistle to call play on...😉

Second, I don't think it's as simple as that. If Eddie waits for a play on call Mills steals a 5-10 metre head start.

Mills stepped well beyond where the mark was and it was fair for Eddie to assume that was play on.

Sidebar: how many players in the league are referred to almost exclusively by their first name?

Remi Moses
19-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Now that we're cooked, I want West Coke to drive a stake in the plasitc heart of GWS tonight. They will miss top 4 if they lose tonight and at the Cattery next week.

They always seem to struggle against West Coke.

Fair to say the sound of affirmation is firmly on West Coast . More eagle fans than the plastics

Remi Moses
19-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Gotta say crows and swans look better than GWS. Just not convinced

Sedat
19-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Bombers won but left some serious percentage on the table - 12.18 to 9.3 and had 40 more I50's. Not relevant to us but very relevant to Melbourne and West Coke.

Hotdog60
20-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Jake Carlisle reported twice in the one match. Shades of Redpath hit all over it so it will interesting to what the penalty is.

bornadog
20-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Lions were very good today and could just about have won that game. They will be a good team if they can keep the young guys together.

Remi Moses
20-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Like the way the Lions are developing .
Have them ahead of a few other sides on the upward curve .
Every time the dees dropped off , the lions punished them .

ledge
20-08-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure how Ross Lyon is keeping his job, Freo are just getting worse and worse.

Remi Moses
20-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Freo are resembling witches hats