PDA

View Full Version : Carn the Dogs!

Eastdog
29-07-2017, 08:22 PM
So important tomorrow's game. It has been a tough year in our premiership defence but a win tomorrow against a local rival will be huge and put us nearly pretty much in the box seat to make the 8. We need the red white and blue army to be out in force at Etihad making a lot of noise.

Twodogs
29-07-2017, 08:36 PM
arna*!*!*!*!ingscray!!!!

josie
29-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Well said Easty. There will be lots of bombers supporters so let's cheer loud and proud. We must start well. Webb I think will put in a pearler and Clokey too. Go Dogs!!

Eastdog
29-07-2017, 09:33 PM
The atmosphere I'm predicting will be electric tomorrow.

ledge
30-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Glad that's over , most nervous I've been since the gf.

Eastdog
30-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Great win today. Was jumping out of my seat a number of times today. Always great satisfaction beating that mob.

Go the Mighty Bulldogs!!

merantau
30-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Glad that's over , most nervous I've been since the gf.
You're getting soft ledge. That result was never in doubt! Excuse a moment ... while I take my tongue out of my cheek!

Yes,it's often a white knuckle ride with the Dogs as we all know. I really hate those games when we've been in front for nearly the whole game and the opposition gets a sniff at the death. Zaniness Cordy was immense when he had to be. He is developing into a fine player.

Eastdog
30-07-2017, 10:24 PM
I'll say it now but we are still a chance to win it again. Everyone is a chance right now as it stands.

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 10:30 PM
We've always been a chance Easty.

Eastdog
30-07-2017, 10:32 PM

Yep but at times this year it hasn't looked as great but now I firmly believe we are now but we always were a chance.

hujsh
30-07-2017, 11:32 PM

At one point that chance looked to be about 0.596% (after that Sydney, Melbourne, West Coast, Adelaide run)

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 11:35 PM
At one point that chance looked to be about 0.596% (after that Sydney, Melbourne, West Coast, Adelaide run)

Yep, but it's still a chance.

Where there is life there is hope.

Like The guy says in Dumb and Dumber when the girl tells him he's got a million to one shot at a date "so you're telling me I'm in with a chance?"

Eastdog
31-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Nowadays the way the competition is all teams who finish in the 8 can win the flag (I mean its no longer just the top 4 with the rest making up the numbers as even the top sides this year have been vunerable at times).

Wouldn't surprise me to see others win it from outside the 4 although still it is very hard. It is possible to have a 1 or 2 10 goals losses in the season and still win the flag

ratsmac
31-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Nowadays the way the competition is all teams who finish in the 8 can win the flag (I mean its no longer just the top 4 with the rest making up the numbers as even the top sides this year have been vunerable at times).

Wouldn't surprise me to see others win it from outside the 4 although still it is very hard. It is possible to have a 1 or 2 10 goals losses in the season and still win the flag
It would take a team of extraordinary skill, guts and determination to win the GF from outside the top 4. It's virtually impossible. It will never happen :) unless.....

Eastdog
31-07-2017, 01:15 PM
It would take a team of extraordinary skill, guts and determination to win the GF from outside the top 4. It's virtually impossible. It will never happen :) unless.....

Strange things can happen but yeah it still is a huge advantage to finish top 4 double chance and everything to win the whole thing but certainly with how close the comp is now the top 4 today is much more vulnerable now than it was 7-8 years. We are in period where we really don't have any all conquering teams.

Twodogs
31-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Are you insane? It will never happen.

Eastdog
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
We need all our members and supporters to pack Etihad out as much as we can this Friday night. We need to make it an environment the plastics will fear. A sea of red, white and blue.

Go Dogs!