1, 2, 3

3, 3, 3 things you've learned today.

GVGjr
30-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Bump

bulldogtragic
30-07-2017, 04:54 PM
1. We can win after playing in Cairns
2. We still haven't lost when Lewis Young has played.
3. Where's has this been? It's damn good.

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 05:18 PM
3. That's one loss back, I didn't expect to win today.
2 Winning a premiership is better than beating Essendon in front of a thumping home crowd. But only just.
1. It's nice to have the drug thing out the way and just get back to hating Essendon just because they are Essendon. And their supporters smell funny. That club song is a bit of a drag. And who matches black with red? With a sash. Puhlease! :rolleyes:

SlimPickens
30-07-2017, 06:10 PM
1. Jobe Watson is done. Wasn't sad to watch, but geez he is slow and ordinary.
2. We should give Libba a negating role each week, he played a good game today.
3. Working on our goal kicking is having an effect. Good to see our conversion getting better.

bornadog
30-07-2017, 06:15 PM
1. Love beating one of my most hated clubs

2. We have a very young backline but it functioned beautifully without Boyd, Morris and Murph (played mostly forward.

3. All the teams in the 8 must be panicking that we have found our mojo.

jazzadogs
30-07-2017, 06:35 PM
1. Flog Goddard is a flog. Pushing McLean's head into the turf was low, even for him.

2. Zaine Cordy's defensive efforts continue to grow. His importance in the finals last year was underrated, and he is consolidating now. Forming a great partnership with Lewis Young.

3. JJ has got his mojo back. He was also left completely alone by the opposition, but it was so nice to see him running and accelerating with ball in hand.

ledge
30-07-2017, 06:56 PM
1 the Bont when it matters he explodes.
2 Libber Is coming
3 Cordy is a general down back already.

boydogs
30-07-2017, 07:18 PM
1. Tory Dickson is back! So important to our forward line with his marking, leading, crumbing, speed and accuracy

2. Libba still not getting it enough but he hasn't forgotten how to kick

3. Game. On.
May the first 15 games be remembered only for the position they put us in when we started to turn things around

AndrewP6
30-07-2017, 07:33 PM
1. We can win the week after the Cairns trip (I knew this, but worth mentioning!)
2. Cloke and Dicko make us better.
3. Libba is not done with season 2017. Some great signs today.

Topdog
30-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Cale Hooker is hilarious

merantau
30-07-2017, 07:59 PM
1. Our new young young'uns are doing very well - Webb, Young, Williams, Dale, McLean and - saving the best for last - Zaine Cordy had some epic moments
2 Some of our old uns are back in form. Dahl was really good today. Ran hard, linked well, delivered well, sure hands. Dicko made every kick count. JJ was blistering. Libba played his best game for 12 weeks. Picken - just so ultra competitive. Murph - class is eternal, form is ephemeral. Biggsie played like a mobile barrier that gave us a lot of drive.
3. Cale Hooker got touched up by the Karma Gods.

always right
30-07-2017, 08:18 PM
2. Libba still not getting it enough but he hasn't forgotten how to kick

Considering he effectively tagged Merrett today, I reckon his performance was his best for sometime. Merrett can carve up sides.

1. How much quicker do we look when JJ is up and about? Electric today.
2. Biggs is in the middle of a purple patch and is currently our best defender.
3. Dahlhaus has really lowered his eyes the last few weeks and has stopped just blazing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2017, 08:32 PM
1. Libba, a different challenge set for him today. Did it well, nullified Merret's effect and also got on the scoreboard. More pleasingly I saw him lift his workrate at the contest, second, third and 4th efforts to scrabble for the ball.
2. Big moment's Bont..just crucial when we needed someone to say 'Not on my watch'.
3. The composure of our young guys. Lewis Young, Bailey Williams, Zaine Cordy & Lukas Webb. They took the game on, stood tall when things got hot and ultimately are growing in stature before our eyes.
3. JJ & Biggs...their resurgence is welcome and vital to our gameplan working.

hujsh
30-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Considering he effectively tagged Merrett today, I reckon his performance was his best for sometime. Merrett can carve up sides.

1. How much quicker do we look when JJ is up and about? Electric today.
2. Biggs is in the middle of a purple patch and is currently our best defender.
3. Dahlhaus has really lowered his eyes the last few weeks and has stopped just blazing.

Very true. Had felt like forever since he'd hit a target inside 50

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2017, 09:06 PM
1. Bob isn't done yet.
2. JJ might not be our best player but he is probably our most important player.
3. I really want us to keep Lukas Webb who often seems hard done by in the selection decisions.

Remi Moses
30-07-2017, 09:21 PM
1. Always enjoy beating them
2. Matched and bettered them in a shootout. I think worsfold thought they could get us that way.
3. We can win all four

westdog54
30-07-2017, 10:03 PM
1. There really is no bigger flog in football than Brendon Goddard.
2. Versatility is a good thing. Isn't it JJ?
3. We need to remind ourselves that were still nowhere near full strength.

whythelongface
30-07-2017, 10:30 PM
1. Our defense is in good hands with the likes of Corey, Williams and Young
2. Webb needs to play ahead of Honeychurch
3. We play like that for the remainder of the year we will give the comp a real shake

jeemak
31-07-2017, 12:37 AM
1. Our defense is in good hands with the likes of Corey, Williams and Young
2. Webb needs to play ahead of Honeychurch
3. We play like that for the remainder of the year we will give the comp a real shake

Webb was exceptional in the first half but that doesn't mean he deserved his spot ahead of HC who did what was required to keep his spot this week due to his past few performances.

However, HC now is unlucky again, and it's Webb's spot to lose.

westbulldog
31-07-2017, 02:19 AM
1. On the basis of GVGjr's post "Did anyone see Joe Danihers class act at the start of the game where he offered his hand to Lewis Young? Rather than bumping into him he gave the young fella some respect." I too applaud Daniher.
2. Brendan Goddard is a petulant sore loser and is not the role model he should be.
3. Young and Williams are going to be serously good. Loved Young giving it to Hooker when Hooker missed from close range.

always right
31-07-2017, 09:49 AM
1. On the basis of GVGjr's post "Did anyone see Joe Danihers class act at the start of the game where he offered his hand to Lewis Young? Rather than bumping into him he gave the young fella some respect." I too applaud Daniher.
2. Brendan Goddard is a petulant sore loser and is not the role model he should be.
3. Young and Williams are going to be serously good. Loved Young giving it to Hooker when Hooker missed from close range.

William's kicking is going to be a serious weapon. Long, flat and quick. Would prefer him taking the kick outs to Suckling.

Bullies
31-07-2017, 10:01 AM
1. Bob isn't done yet.
2. JJ might not be our best player but he is probably our most important player.
3. I really want us to keep Lukas Webb who often seems hard done by in the selection decisions.Bob is not done but the end is coming quick. Ditto for Morris and M Boyd. We were a lot quicker down back without Morris and Murphy yesterday. As much as people don't want to hear it there comes a time.

bornadog
31-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Bob is not done but the end is coming quick. Ditto for Morris and M Boyd. We were a lot quicker down back without Morris and Murphy yesterday. As much as people don't want to hear it there comes a time.

I would like to see Bob play in the forward line for the rest of the year.

Ozza
31-07-2017, 10:26 AM
1. We look better when (a fit) Dickson plays deep forward.
2. There is not many better ways to spend a Sunday afternoon, than beating Essendon.
3. Getting the best out of Roughy and JJ is a huge influence for us.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-07-2017, 11:09 AM
1. Daniher is a phenomenal player and a great sport - hard not to like him TBH. Capable of kicking 100 in a year.
2. When we are intense, we can't be beaten.
3. The energy of the crowd, the intensity of the game? Felt a lot like last year's finals..

Sedat
31-07-2017, 11:20 AM
1. Daniher is a phenomenal player and a great sport - hard not to like him TBH. Capable of kicking 100 in a year.
His jumper is not a bad place to start ;)

LostDoggy
31-07-2017, 12:29 PM
1 - Maybe we need to concede the first 3 goals every week? Has worked for us the last 3 weeks.

2 - Bont is just amazing. We are so lucky. He just took over the game.

3 - Biggs is back to last years finals form. He was exceptional.

Doc26
31-07-2017, 12:35 PM
His jumper is not a bad place to start ;)

And his wayward leg.

But this aside he is a great talent and seems a genuine guy.

westdog54
31-07-2017, 06:32 PM
2. When we are intense, we can't be beaten.
3. The energy of the crowd, the intensity of the game? Felt a lot like last year's finals..

Daniher is the best key forward in the comp by a country like at the moment. To hear he shook Young's hand at the start of the game is fantastic.

hujsh
31-07-2017, 07:01 PM
William's kicking is going to be a serious weapon. Long, flat and quick. Would prefer him taking the kick outs to Suckling.

I was quite relieved to see him take over for Sucking at one point (after his bomb down the middle to a 3 on 1 IIRC)

FrediKanoute
31-07-2017, 10:10 PM
1. Ayce Cordy was the pain we had to go through to convince Zaine Cordy to be a Bulldog - if you average the picks we are on par
2. Lucas Webb is seriously skilled - good flanker - forward or back
3. Biggs on song releases JJ and Murphy to be more attacking

ratsmac
31-07-2017, 10:43 PM
1. The players played with a bit of the some flair and looked to be really enjoying their football atm. It's something (enjoyment) that seemed to have gone missing for a while.

2. We have clean skills. I used to know this already but had to re-learn it. Our skill with the footy yesterday was the best it has been for a while. Its really encouraging to see the good ball handling skill come from the younger crop of players too.

3. JJ is a good forward. His marking and set shots were terrific.

hujsh
31-07-2017, 11:32 PM
3. JJ is a good forward. His marking and set shots were terrific.
Has a great leap which serves him well both forward and back

Topdog
01-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Has a great leap which serves him well both forward and back

He does have a good leap. Tippa's "efforts" in one of the marking contests with JJ was deplorable

Webby
01-08-2017, 09:55 AM
He does have a good leap. Tippa's "efforts" in one of the marking contests with JJ was deplorable

I'm not a huge fan of M-Tw - mainly because he's an Essendon player and gets hyped an extra 10% on the back of their bath water drinking. But in that marking contest that I think you're referring to, M-Tw was out positioned and out sized - in much the same way Lewis Young was baked by Danniher on several occasions.

In short, JJ is taller, faster and better than the hyped up M-Tw. It was fun to see him touched up in front of their famously reality-challenged fans!

Topdog
01-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Oh he was way out of position but he didnt even try and jump or spoil. He just literally did nothing.

Webby
01-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Oh he was way out of position but he didnt even try and jump or spoil. He just literally did nothing.

One thing he probably should've done is simply made JJ earn it with some bodily contact. Only thing is, he then runs the risk of JJ marking it clean and thus providing him with a bonus 50m penalty. Seemed a classic rock and a hard place scenario, for mine.

Somewhere right now I'll bet there's an Essendon forum saying "Geez, Dogs fans hype up this Lewis Young kid!.... Joey D jumped on his head 3 or 4 times...!"

Of course glossing over the superior delivery very and positioning of Danniher - and delivery - and the 'baked by his teammates' factor.

The Pie Man
01-08-2017, 11:33 AM
One thing he probably should've done is simply made JJ earn it with some bodily contact. Only thing is, he then runs the risk of JJ marking it clean and thus providing him with a bonus 50m penalty. Seemed a classic rock and a hard place scenario, for mine.

Somewhere right now I'll bet there's an Essendon forum saying "Geez, Dogs fans hype up this Lewis Young kid!.... Joey D jumped on his head 3 or 4 times...!"

Of course glossing over the superior delivery very and positioning of Danniher - and delivery - and the 'baked by his teammates' factor.

Absolutely - Joe D had a great game but probably always will with the way we structure a high line.

I'm still in a bit of shock we pulled that off on Sunday

Bulldog Joe
01-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Saying he did nothing is a little unfair.

He did turn around and watch JJ take the mark. The only other thing he could have done was applaud and complete the correct role of an impartial spectator.

always right
01-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Tippa made an error of judgement but I really like him. Even when he struggles to get in the game like Sunday, he still works his arse off to pressure defenders. In addition to his fantastic foot skills, he chases like his life depends on it which you have to admire.

Keeping him quiet was a significant factor in our win.

Topdog
01-08-2017, 12:37 PM
I love Tippa btw just that play was a shocker.

Nuggety Back Pocket
01-08-2017, 01:23 PM
1. The move of JJ to half forward was a master stroke and a means of curbing the Bombers attack from half back.
2. Webb's return to the line up was long overdue which together with JJ and a return to form of Dickson gave us some badly needed spark up forward.
3. The run of Bailey Williams off half back was significant to allow JJ to be a match winner up forward.

Cyberdoggie
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
1. Finally we saw Roughead, JJ and Libba having games near what they are capable of. JJ has had a down period as we know but is coming back with a vengeance, the other two have been poor all year.

2. Shows that if your mids and forwards are winning their game, you can still win with an undersized backline. We have 2 skinny tall guys and 4 mobile creative types and there is not one of them that has any glaring deficiencies in their disposal. Without Morris and Adams (who are sorely missed for other reasons), it means that we have more options down back when moving the ball forward. Cordy is probably the worst kick out of all of them and he's pretty reliable with both feet.
We will be conceding more scores naturally but it is also forcing us to be more attacking and score more at the same time.

3. 8 Premiership bulldogs not in that side (including Hamling). First 3 key defenders not playing or selected (Morris, Fletcher, Adams), First 2 key forwards not playing (Boyd, Stringer), and we scored our highest score for the year I believe.

Sedat
01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Tippa made an error of judgement but I really like him. Even when he struggles to get in the game like Sunday, he still works his arse off to pressure defenders. In addition to his fantastic foot skills, he chases like his life depends on it which you have to admire.

Keeping him quiet was a significant factor in our win.
Yep we did a good job on both Tippa and Fantasia - they are real barometers for them.

Twodogs
01-08-2017, 06:22 PM
JJ might be the small forward we've been looking for on other club's lists. Wouldn't that be the ideal thing to find out at this time of the year? Maybe we should leave him there for a couple of weeks. Biggs had him covered on Saturday.

I'd love to see JJ kicking a few each week. Actually with Picken kicking 6 the other week and JJ kicking 4 we are finding goal kicking options we didn't know existed.

ledge
04-08-2017, 09:51 AM
1. Finally we saw Roughead, JJ and Libba having games near what they are capable of. JJ has had a down period as we know but is coming back with a vengeance, the other two have been poor all year.

2. Shows that if your mids and forwards are winning their game, you can still win with an undersized backline. We have 2 skinny tall guys and 4 mobile creative types and there is not one of them that has any glaring deficiencies in their disposal. Without Morris and Adams (who are sorely missed for other reasons), it means that we have more options down back when moving the ball forward. Cordy is probably the worst kick out of all of them and he's pretty reliable with both feet.
We will be conceding more scores naturally but it is also forcing us to be more attacking and score more at the same time.

3. 8 Premiership bulldogs not in that side (including Hamling). First 3 key defenders not playing or selected (Morris, Fletcher, Adams), First 2 key forwards not playing (Boyd, Stringer), and we scored our highest score for the year I believe.

With JJ playing forward did we have any of our premiership back line playing ? How good is that !!
And with Collins and Adams not playing who are ranked as our future, this is one hard all utility team to beat in the near future. Maybe it's now.

westdog54
04-08-2017, 03:07 PM
With JJ playing forward did we have any of our premiership back line playing ? How good is that !!
And with Collins and Adams not playing who are ranked as our future, this is one hard all utility team to beat in the near future. Maybe it's now.

Only Wood and Biggs.

Williams and Suckling missed the GF, Young wasn't on the list, and Cordy was our premiership CHF.