Geelong v Greater Western Sydney Simonds Stadium 7:25PM AEST

Port Adelaide v Gold Coast Adelaide Oval 7:10PM ACST

Sunday, August 27

Essendon v Fremantle Etihad Stadium 1:10PM AEST

Richmond v St Kilda MCG 3:20PM AEST

West Coast v Adelaide Domain Stadium 2:40PM AWST

Rocket Science
26-08-2017, 04:26 PM
There's a certain joy to be had in what's happening to Melbourne.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Anyone know how much west coast need to win by to knock the dees out of the 8?

G-Mo77
26-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Anyone know how much west coast need to win by to knock the dees out of the 8?

4 goals

Sedat
26-08-2017, 05:40 PM
4 goals
Bit less - if they win 86 to 66 for example Melbourne are gone. West Coke have a better defence so require less points-for than Melbourne.

If Geelong win tonight, it guarantees Adelaide finish on top. That is bad news for Melbourne as the Crows will go half rat power tomorrow - they've already rested Walker and Talia from the selected side.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2017, 05:46 PM
So if they keep Adelaide under 70pts, a 20pt win gets them in. Over 70 but under 90 a 21pt win gets them in. Above that 22-23pts will do it. Certainly possible given Adelaide might have nothing to play for. Talia and Walker already rested. As bad as this year was we're still not Melbourne!

G-Mo77
26-08-2017, 05:51 PM
I hope it happens. Dees fans will always have their GF win they can look back on: A comfortable win over the reigning premiers.

Remi Moses
26-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Oh dear ! Melbourne
Not over impressed with them last week

Sedat
26-08-2017, 11:08 PM
GWS are imposters this year. Very good chance they finish 4th and cop Adelaide away in the first final.

Remi Moses
26-08-2017, 11:19 PM
How on earth did Stevie J get a game ahead of someone like De Boer who has been decent ?
The plastics just don't defend well enough to win it. To easy to score from their forward 50

Remi Moses
26-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Massive problem for hq Gold Coast . Just witches hats

Flamethrower
26-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Massive problem for hq Gold Coast . Just witches hats

Is it any wonder Gaz keeps faking injury to avoid playing for this rabble.

Topdog
26-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Only in gold coast could you sack a coach and then end up losing by an average of 70 points in the next 3 weeks

ledge
26-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Can see the AFL stepping in at GC over the summer and putting in an over riding committee and also choosing the coach / assistants etc. Might even give them the first 10 draft picks you know just to make it an even competition.

boydogs
27-08-2017, 01:14 AM
GWS are imposters this year. Very good chance they finish 4th and cop Adelaide away in the first final.

Gold Coast only needed to get within 10 goals of Port to keep Sydney 5th for GWS in week 2. Now GWS will probably host Port

Sedat
27-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Gold Coast only needed to get within 10 goals of Port to keep Sydney 5th for GWS in week 2. Now GWS will probably host Port
Tigers will win today and consign GWS to Adelaide in week 1, which they'll probably lose. Then they'll more than likely cop Sydney in week 2 at ANZ Stadium. Straight sets right on the cards.

Twodogs
27-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Tigers will win today and consign GWS to Adelaide in week 1, which they'll probably lose. Then they'll more than likely cop Sydney in week 2 at ANZ Stadium. Straight sets right on the cards.

Go Tiges!

Hotdog60
27-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Can see the AFL stepping in at GC over the summer and putting in an over riding committee and also choosing the coach / assistants etc. Might even give them the first 10 draft picks you know just to make it an even competition.

As long as we don't get raped and pillaged again.

azabob
27-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Isn't that why Mark Evans is there already?

AFL has already done the above and it's still failing.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Go Tiges!

As long as their win is under 5 goals. Too big a win and we go above the saints on the ladder!

ledge
27-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Isn't that why Mark Evans is there already?

AFL has already done the above and it's still failing.

Doesn't stop them repeating it.
Guess Solomon won't be getting the job permanent.
Might chase Bucks he might not get results on field but I think he might be one to change the culture.
Offer him the football managers role.

Remi Moses
27-08-2017, 10:48 AM

Just don't reckon the giants play a contested finals style for long enough . Always a lot of space in their games

Twodogs
27-08-2017, 11:06 AM
As long as we don't get raped and pillaged again.

Might chase Bucks he might not get results on field but I think he might be one to change the culture.

The AFL will never admit defeat. They will keep pouring money into Gold Coast until we stop them. They would rather bankrupt the competition than admit that a team on the GC wiont work.

It will only stop when somebody stops them.

GWS are in exactly the same position (actually worse) financially and membership wise, it's just been covered by onfield success nobody but the media care about. The only difference between GWS and GC is if you think about it is it makes a little more sense to have a team on the Gold Coast given they actually like AFL football. GWS are the real leech on the comp.

boydogs
27-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Then they'll more than likely cop Sydney in week 2 at ANZ Stadium

Sydney had to finish above Port for that

azabob
27-08-2017, 11:22 AM

For some reason Brad Scott appears their target for coach.

Sedat
27-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Sydney had to finish above Port for that
Sorry you're right. They now get Port in week 2.

Loser of Geelong v Richmond now has Sydney to contend with in week 2 - straight sets a real possibility for either team, both of whom struggle against the Swans.

Remi Moses
27-08-2017, 02:01 PM
How did the best defender in the comp go on Buddy ?

boydogs
27-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Sorry you're right. They now get Port in week 2.

Loser of Geelong v Richmond now has Sydney to contend with in week 2 - straight sets a real possibility for either team, both of whom struggle against the Swans.

Sydney are a massive flag chance IMO. Essendon or West Coast at home week 1, loser of Geelong and Richmond away week 2, Adelaide or GWS away week 3. GWS would be a home game for them, and they beat Adelaide in Adelaide last week

They have gone 14-2 since round 6

bornadog
27-08-2017, 06:40 PM
If West Coast win by 20 points it's good bye Melbourne

bulldogtragic
27-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Cmon Saints. Another goal please!

Rocket Science
27-08-2017, 07:33 PM
If West Coast win by 20 points it's good bye Melbourne

Good bye Melbourne it seems.

Gives me a warm glow.

Bulldog4life
27-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Very happy if the Dees don't make it. Not a fan.

hujsh
27-08-2017, 07:52 PM
With Melbourne losing it absolves us of some guilt in letting Essendon in the finals.

ledge
27-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Even if Melbourne make it they won't go any further.

chef
27-08-2017, 08:10 PM
WCE are choking. Would rather Dees make it.

Sedat
27-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Last time we won the flag in 1954 we missed the finals by 0.6% the year after, which was the smallest percentage gap ever to miss finals. We win the flag in 2016 and Melbourne miss the finals by 0.5% the year after - that's a record I'm glad to pass over to someone else.

At the start of the year all we heard was how Melbourne and St Kilda were not only going to storm the top 8, they were going to storm the top 4. Both have bottled it big time in 2017.

bulldogtragic
27-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Last time we won the flag in 1954 we missed the finals by 0.6% the year after, which was the smallest percentage gap ever to miss finals. We win the flag in 2016 and Melbourne miss the finals.by 0.5% - they are welcome to the new record.

At the start of the year all we heard was how Melbourne and St Kilda were not only going to storm the top 8, they were going to.storm the top 4. Both have bottled it big time in 2017.

To be fair, so did we Big time.

Sedat
27-08-2017, 08:34 PM
To be fair, so did we Big time.
Yeah we did. But I'd much bottle it after a flag and the best September run in history.

bulldogtragic
27-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah we did. But I'd much bottle it after a flag and the best September run in history.

Yep. Was is it our pre season game against Melbourne where Gerard Healy said Melbourne will finish top 4?

Sedat
27-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Yep. Was is it our pre season game against Melbourne where Gerard Healy said Melbourne will finish top 4?

Yep. All the scribes were also talking up the Saints big time after the NAB Challenge.

Bulldog4life
27-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I heard that Richmond has a full list bar one player to choose from.

azabob
27-08-2017, 08:48 PM
I heard that Richmond has a full list bar one player to choose from.

You heard correctly.

Bulldog4life
27-08-2017, 08:56 PM
You heard correctly.

Incredible timing.

Remi Moses
27-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Wonderful recovery from disaster from Richmond .
Didn't blow the place up, and traded well . Melbourne got what they deserved after yesterday's soft effort .
Bit of karma for Watts and Bugg as well . Stkilda have been terribly disappointing after just missing out last year
Going to be an unpredictable finals series, and feel annoyed we're not participating.

ledge
27-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Can we recruit their medical staff ?

Remi Moses
27-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Incredible timing.

They've had a great run all year with injury . No coincidence when you get your best players on the park and firing you can go places .

bornadog
27-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Geelong v Tigers should be played at the MCG, not at the craap ground in sleepy hollow

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Nice Meme doing the rounds on social media of the Bugg Watts pic they used to stir JJ with... new wording ' Are you ready...for Mad Monday'.

bornadog
27-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Nice Meme doing the rounds on social media of the Bugg Watts pic they used to stir JJ with... new wording ' Are you ready...for Mad Monday'.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIObvx8UMAAvEQr.jpg

LostDoggy
28-08-2017, 04:30 AM
Wonderful recovery from disaster from Richmond .
Didn't blow the place up, and traded well . Melbourne got what they deserved after yesterday's soft effort .
Bit of karma for Watts and Bugg as well . Stkilda have been terribly disappointing after just missing out last year
Going to be an unpredictable finals series, and feel annoyed we're not participating.

They've just missed out enough for now. So it's about time they go out in straight sets just to change it up a bit.

Twodogs
28-08-2017, 06:44 AM
They've just missed out enough for now. So it's about time they go out in straight sets just to change it up a bit.

That'd be nice.

comrade
28-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Melbourne just performed the most epic bed ***ting of all time.

The Paul Roos magic has really rubbed off on the culture there.

Flamethrower
28-08-2017, 10:42 AM
The tanking culture at Melbourne is so ingrained that they go and lose in the last round as a matter of habit even when they aren't supposed to.

At least they can comfort themselves with having an earlier draft pick.

merantau
28-08-2017, 12:02 PM
My happiness at seeing Melbourne miss out is dampened alittle as the Cokers got in.
But I have a long memory. Hello Robbie Flower. Hello Jeff White.
MFC - oh how you flatter - only to DEE-ceive. Must be very DEE-flating. Soul DEE-stroying even.

KT31
28-08-2017, 06:04 PM
My happiness at seeing Melbourne miss out is dampened alittle as the Cokers got in.
But I have a long memory. Hello Robbie Flower. Hello Jeff White.
MFC - oh how you flatter - only to DEE-ceive. Must be very DEE-flating. Soul DEE-stroying even.

Not a fan Merantau, White a =I can understand but why Flower ?

merantau
28-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Flower kicked a late time on goal at the Western Oval to sink us in the last round way back when and the Dees snuck into the five courtesy of I think Geelong losing. Someone will know. All I know is that we lead for practically the whole game and had a finals spot ripped from our grasp at the death.

Twodogs
28-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Flower kicked a late time on goal at the Western Oval to sink us in the last round way back when and the Dees snuck into the five courtesy of I think Geelong losing. Someone will know. All I know is that we lead for practically the whole game and had a finals spot ripped from our grasp at the death.

1987 round 22. They won by 8 points and leptfrogged us into the five. As disappointed as I was at missing a spot I don't remember being that upset about it being Melbourne. We gave it our best shot, they gave it their best shot and theirs was better. No point getting upset about that, that's just how footy turns out sometimes.

Sedat
28-08-2017, 08:05 PM
1987 round 22. They won by 8 points and leptfrogged us into the five. As disappointed as I was at missing a spot I don't remember being that upset about it being Melbourne. We gave it our best shot, they gave it their best shot and theirs was better. No point getting upset about that, that's just how footy turns out sometimes.
I'm with merantau on this one - I hated Melbourne with a passion when they beat us and I laughed at them when they lost the PF after the siren. But it was Ricky Jackson's late goal that pissed me off more than Robbie Flower's. And of course when we picked him up a couple of years later he gave us donuts.

merantau
28-08-2017, 09:10 PM
I hated them more after that ludicrous free kick paid against Wayde Skipper. We were barnstorming home that year and could have done some damage. If Skipper had been a high profile player I doubt the free would have been paid. That was my feeling at the time.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-08-2017, 09:11 PM

I was in yr 9 at St Brendan's boarding school in Yeppoon Qld and had managed to convince my rugby league indoctrinated classmates to keep changing the channel all arvo to Ch 7 to keep eyes on the score..my negative feelings toward Melbourne may have something to do with the sound of 20 odd yr 9 rugby league following knob heads laughing their asses off when Flower kicked that goal...as i stood there screaming No!!No!!!No!! as the play unfolded.

merantau
28-08-2017, 09:26 PM

I'm less sanguine about these near misses. Having been at the 61 GF and then waiting until 76 for the next finals game that I witnessed. That was the one when Geelong over ran us with a couple of late goals. Cousins or Sheanne I think were the culprits

Twodogs
28-08-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm with merantau on this one - I hated Melbourne with a passion when they beat us and I laughed at them when they lost the PF after the siren. But it was Ricky Jackson's late goal that pissed me off more than Robbie Flower's. And of course when we picked him up a couple of years later he gave us donuts.

I hated them more after that ludicrous free kick paid against Wayde Skipper. We were barnstorming home that year and could have done some damage. If Skipper had been a high profile player I doubt the free would have been paid. That was my feeling at the time.

Don't get me wrong I hate Melbourne too. I remember with fondness the 20 goal win in 1985 and taunting their supporters as they left the ground. But if ever a bloke deserved to play on a final it was Robby Flower. He stuck with them all those years they were rubbish even though he would have been getting huge offers from Carlton and Collingwood and Essendon. Anyway if it happens you may as well be sporting about it. I think that annoys people

I'm less sanguine about these near misses. Having been at the 61 GF and then waiting until 76 for the next finals game that I witnessed. That was the one when Geelong over ran us with a couple of late goals. Cousins or Sheanne I think were the culprits

Larry Donahue kicked the sealer I think.

bornadog
28-08-2017, 10:57 PM

1974 v Collingwood

Dry Rot
29-08-2017, 12:44 AM
How did the best defender in the comp go on Buddy ?

Jones had a terrific game, stopping Buddy from kicking eleven.

No other defender this season can claim that.

merantau
29-08-2017, 02:06 AM
1974 v Collingwood

I was overseas in 1974 so missed that one. In 76 we had the game sewn up with 7 minutes to go. It was an incredible let down.
BTW, agree that Robbie Flower was a champion player and loyal to the core. Just wish he hadn't kicked that goal.

merantau
29-08-2017, 02:17 AM
1974 v Collingwood

I was overseas in 1974 so missed that one. In 76 we had the game sewn up with 7 minutes to go. It was an incredible let down.
BTW, agree that Robbie Flower was a champion player and loyal to the core. Just wish he hadn't kicked that goal.

Twodogs
29-08-2017, 05:00 AM

It was a mighty game. One of the best I've seen.

jeemak
29-08-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm really happy to see Melbourne miss out. I've never seen a team so cocky for no reason whatsoever.

It started with Hogan sledging Boyd in 2015 - and missing finals. Between then and this year we have won a premiership, it still didn't stop their rubbish JJ insta-wank or apparently rubbing it into St Kilda players three weeks ago suggesting they'll have differing workloads in September this year.

There's also the staging and the faux tough guy stunts they pull repeatedly.

How can a side that is now going into its eleventh year of a rebuild allow itself to be so full of upstart dickheads?

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm really happy to see Melbourne miss out. I've never seen a team so cocky for no reason whatsoever.

It started with Hogan sledging Boyd in 2015 - and missing finals. Between then and this year we have won a premiership, it still didn't stop their rubbish JJ insta-wank or apparently rubbing it into St Kilda players three weeks ago suggesting they'll have differing workloads in September this year.

How can a side that is now going into its eleventh year of a rebuild allow itself to be so full of upstart dickheads?

Paul Roos

Daughter of the West
29-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Paul Roos

And yet he is spruiking his book round the traps about how wonderful he is at the moment.

All about Sydney, but funny how MFC doesn't rate a mention...

bornadog
29-08-2017, 10:13 AM
It was a mighty game. One of the best I've seen.

Which game, I am confused.

bornadog
29-08-2017, 10:15 AM
And yet he is spruiking his book round the traps about how wonderful he is at the moment.

I didn't like him as a player, a coach or commentator. He is so far up himself it's not funny.

Twodogs
29-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Which game, I am confused.

R22 1987 at WO v Melbourne.

Twodogs
29-08-2017, 12:19 PM

This. Real tough guys don't tell you they are tough. That's usually the first thing that occurs to you as you pick yourself up off the ground and your jaw stops hurting so much.

Paul Roos

Paul Roos is the most overhyped product on the AFL landscape.