PDA

View Full Version : WOOF 2017 Player Awards - Round 21 vs GWS

GVGjr
11-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the WOOF Player Awards for season 2017, Round 21 clash between the Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants.

There are two awards that you can vote on once the game is completed.

Voting closes each Tuesday at 8.00pm.

The first award is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up
Remember the cut off age for a pup is 22 as at the 1st of January, 2017.

Pups available for selection –

Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Boyd, Lukas Webb, Toby McLean, Declan Hamilton, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Josh Dunkley, Bailey Williams, Kieran Collins, Patrick Lipinski, Fergus Green, Tim English and Lewis Young.

Rookie's – Roarke Smith, Brad Lynch and Nathan Mullenger-McHugh are also available for selection

Need to know more - The history of the WOOF Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8966)

always right
11-08-2017, 11:39 PM
4. McLean......only bloke who played four quarters of good footy.
3. Bont.....for his first half.
2. Roughy.....competitive effort.
1. Dahlhaus.....as always never gave up.

Biggs could also hold his head high and Murph had his moments. Cloke was pretty honest.

Anyone notice the same players appear to feature in the votes each week? One of our biggest issues.

Remi Moses
12-08-2017, 12:01 AM
4 Bont
3 McLean
2. Cloke
1. Dahl

2 Bont
1. McLean

Might as well bookmark the votes every week
Not good enough

Ozza
12-08-2017, 12:24 AM
4. Hunter
3. McLean
2. Biggs
1. Bontempelli

LostDoggy
12-08-2017, 01:09 AM
4 - Bont
3 - Murphy
2 - McLean
1 - Cloke

2 - Bont
1 - McLean

That was hard.

boydogs
12-08-2017, 01:11 AM
4. Bonts
3. Murphy
2. Cloke
1. Suckling

2. Bonts
1. McLean

Eastdog
12-08-2017, 02:06 AM
4. Bont
3. McLean
2. Murphy
1. Dickson

josie
12-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Maclean
Bont
Daniel
Biggs

Maclean
Bont

Twodogs
12-08-2017, 05:08 AM
4 Maclean
3 Bont
2 Daniel
1 Biggs

Pups
Maclean
Bont

ratsmac
12-08-2017, 09:48 AM
4. Bontempelli
3. McLean
2. Daniel
1. Cloke

2. Bontempelli
1. McLean

Bulldog4life
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
4.Bontempelli
3. McLean
2. Biggs
1. Murph

bornadog
12-08-2017, 05:33 PM
4. Mclean
3. Biggs
2. Suckling
1, Bont

2. Mclean
1. Bont

soupman
12-08-2017, 05:52 PM
4. Bontempelli
3. Suckling
2. Cloke
1. Mclean

2. Bontempelli
1. Mclean

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Marmo

4. Bontempelli
3. Mclean
2. Suckling
1. Dahlhaus

James

2. Bontempelli
1. Mclean

LostDoggy
14-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Bont
McLean
Roughy
Cloke

Bont
McLean

Mantis
14-08-2017, 09:57 AM
4. Hunter
3. McLean
2. Biggs
1. Bontempelli

You've given Hunter our best when all other voters haven't included him at all... What did you see in his game that everyone else missed?

always right
14-08-2017, 10:36 AM
You've given Hunter our best when all other voters haven't included him at all... What did you see in his game that everyone else missed?

Who would you have given votes to? IMO Hunter was certainly amongst our best.

Ozza
14-08-2017, 11:17 AM

At the game, watching ahead of the play when the Giants would get the ball and slice through us, I thought Hunter was reading the play and with his running ability was able to close down options for them across half back. On a night that we struggled to get our hands on the ball, struggled to take marks and struggled to defend - he was doing all of those things.

On the point about defending - rather, than watching an opposition player kick the ball - I often find myself watching ahead of the play to see what options our defenders choose (ie. picking the player in the most dangerous position to close down). For this reason, I've probably had a more positive take on Matthew Boyd's games since he has been a defender - as I think he almost always chooses the right defensive option. Compare that to Lewis Young (who is so inexperienced, as had less experienced players than normal around him on Friday) who chose the wrong option and let players get out the back into dangerous spots on a regular basis.
Hunter on the other hand, is a very smart footballer - he might not be the person we want taking the kick inside 50, but for reading the game and identifying who to close down defensively, he is one of our better players.

always right
14-08-2017, 12:05 PM
At the game, watching ahead of the play when the Giants would get the ball and slice through us, I thought Hunter was reading the play and with his running ability was able to close down options for them across half back. On a night that we struggled to get our hands on the ball, struggled to take marks and struggled to defend - he was doing all of those things.

On the point about defending - rather, than watching an opposition player kick the ball - I often find myself watching ahead of the play to see what options our defenders choose (ie. picking the player in the most dangerous position to close down). For this reason, I've probably had a more positive take on Matthew Boyd's games since he has been a defender - as I think he almost always chooses the right defensive option. Compare that to Lewis Young (who is so inexperienced, as had less experienced players than normal around him on Friday) who chose the wrong option and let players get out the back into dangerous spots on a regular basis.
Hunter on the other hand, is a very smart footballer - he might not be the person we want taking the kick inside 50, but for reading the game and identifying who to close down defensively, he is one of our better players.
Good response. I think in our haste to highlight the shortcomings in his game, we sometimes neglect to praise him for what he actually brings to the table. Works as hard as anyone in our side to support our defenders.

bornadog
14-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Good response. I think in our haste to highlight the shortcomings in his game, we sometimes neglect to praise I'm for what he actually brings to the table. Works as hard as anyone in our side to support our defenders.

If he could fix his kicking, he can become elite.

Mofra
14-08-2017, 01:22 PM
4. McLean
3. Biggs
2. Bont
1. Hunter

KT31
14-08-2017, 03:42 PM
4. Bonts (10 If I could :D)
3. McLean
2. Hunter
1. Suckers

2. Bonts
1. McLean

Mantis
14-08-2017, 04:12 PM

Agree it's a strong point of his game, he works back in transition as well as anyone in our team, but his field kicking on Friday was well below the standard an AFL player who plays as an outside mid/ flanker should be... just continually missed targets and it cost us badly.

merantau
14-08-2017, 04:50 PM
4 McLean
3 Bontempelli
2 Biggs
1 Daniel

2McLean
1 Bontempelli

LostDoggy
15-08-2017, 11:24 PM
4. Toby McLean
3. Marcus Bontempelli (Would have given him 4 but he missed too many shots at goal)
2. Shane Biggs
1. Lachlan Hunter

2. Toby McLean
1. Marcus Bontempelli