PDA

View Full Version : 2017 All Australian Team

KT31
30-08-2017, 10:54 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/live-afl-allaustralian-team-for-2017-afl-season-to-be-announced/news-story/76ddedcbfe3e9a54e1e46740cca5a830

FULL 2017 ALL-AUSTRALIAN TEAM

B: Michael Hibberd (Melb), Alex Rance (Rich), Jeremy McGovern (WCE)

HB: Rory Laird (Adel), Michael Hurley (Ess), Sam Docherty (Carl)

C: Josh Kelly (GWS), Dustin Martin (Rich), Zach Merrett (Ess)

HF: Robbie Gray (Port), Lance Franklin (Syd), Dayne Zorko (Bris)

F: Joe Daniher (Ess), Josh Kennedy (WCE), Eddie Betts (Adel)

FOLL: Paddy Ryder (Port), Patrick Dangerfield (Geel), Tom Mitchell (Haw)

I/C: Matt Crouch (Adel), Elliot Yeo (WCE) Joel Selwood (Geel), Dylan Shiel (GWS)

VICE-CAPTAIN: Josh Kennedy (WCE)

CAPTAIN: Alex Rance (Rich)

No Bonts ?????

divvydan
31-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Fair enough on Bonts imo, didn't really believe any of our players deserved a spot in the All-Aus team this year. Personally, I would've had Kreuzer over Ryder as first ruck and both in the 22 but Daniher has done some rucking so I can understand them not picking a 2nd ruck. Looking at the 22, Selwood is the only club captain, so I probably would've made him captain of the team if he's in the 22, although I don't really think he should've been in the 22 to begin with as I thought other mids were better over the course of the season. Rest of the team looks fair enough.

jeemak
31-08-2017, 02:51 AM
I loved what Bont did this year and his great games were amazing, but, he had too many down games to be considered.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 09:59 AM
I loved what Bont did this year and his great games were amazing, but, he had too many down games to be considered.

Being biased, I think Macrae should have been considered.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 10:23 AM
How the hell did Selwood get in????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIeTy9SUMAAFdRd.jpg:large

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Its always a strange team selected - they simultaneously overly reward reputation (Selwood), and past performance (Betts) whilst deciding new players should be selected (Hibberd, MCrouch, Docherty)

Rocket Science
31-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Being biased, I think Macrae should have been considered.

Suspect he'll be able to console himself with a B&F.