PDA

View Full Version : Other Club Delistings 2017 - Any interest.

bornadog
01-09-2017, 10:24 AM
List here all the delistings and whether you feel they may be of value to us.

Kick off with Kristian Jaksch, only 22 years old and a former pick 12 has been delisted. A costly mistake by Carlton.

Latest List - 12 Sept

ADELAIDE
Scott Thompson (retired)

BRISBANE
Ryan Harwood (delisted)
Jarrad Jansen (delisted)
Jonathan Freeman (delisted)
Josh Clayton (delisted)
Blake Grewar (delisted)

CARLTON
Denis Armfield (retired)
Daniel Gorringe (retired)
Matthew Korcheck (retired)
Kristian Jaksch (delisted)
Liam Sumner (delisted)
Andrew Gallucci (delisted)

COLLINGWOOD
Jesse White (retired)

ESSENDON
Jobe Watson (retired)
James Kelly (retired)
Yestin Eades (retired)
Brent Stanton (retired)

FREMANTLE
Shane Yarran (retired)
Zac Dawson (retired)
Garrick Ibbotson (retired)

GEELONG
Tom Lonergan (retired)
Andrew Mackie (retired)

GOLD COAST
Jarrad Grant (delisted)
Mitch Hallahan (delisted)
Keegan Brooksby (delisted)
Ryan Davis (delisted)
Cameron Loersch (delisted)

GWS GIANTS
Steve Johnson (retired)
Tom Downie (retired)

HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge (retired)
Josh Gibson (retired)
Jack Fitzpatrick (retired)
Luke Surman (retired)

MELBOURNE
Heritier Lumumba (retired)

NORTH MELBOURNE
Lachie Hansen (delisted)
Will Fordham (delisted)
Matt Taylor (delisted)

PORT ADELAIDE
---

RICHMOND
Ivan Maric (retired)
Chris Yarran (retired)

ST KILDA
Nick Riewoldt (retired)
Sean Dempster (retired)
Leigh Montagna (retired)
Nick Coughlan (delisted)
Joe Baker-Thoms (delisted)

SYDNEY

---

WEST COAST
Sam Mitchell (retired)
Matthew Priddis (retired)
Paddy Brophy (retired)
Sam Butler (retired)
Drew Petrie (retired)

G-Mo77
01-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Costly mistake to delist or pickup?

Bulldog Joe
01-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Perhaps it was a welcome mistake, as I recall we were strongly linked when he moved from GWS.

If he can't keep himself ahead of Liam Jones, why would anyone be interested?

Remi Moses
01-09-2017, 11:26 AM
God no , he shows no intensity

bornadog
01-09-2017, 12:14 PM

Both. Carlton used pick 7, but there were some other picks and swaps in the mix.

Axe Man
01-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Both. Carlton used pick 7, but there were some other picks and swaps in the mix.

Carlton gave up pick 7 for Jaksch (delisted), Whiley (delisted) and pick 19 that they used on Boekhorst (potential delisting). They also gave Jaksch $1 milion over 3 years for 7 games.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with our reported interest at the time, lets not jump back in the bullet's path!

Happy Days
01-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Carlton delisted a pick 7, 10, and 12, all in the cuts before trade week. Two of these three were picks from GWS.

Remind me again what a fantastic job the Giants did building their list, and how not any idiot with that level of access to top talent couldn't have done the same? Note the pick they got from Carlton for Jaksch was also pissed up against a wall.

boydogs
02-09-2017, 01:24 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

GVGjr
02-09-2017, 08:05 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

There isn't too much there at the moment but there will be more to come.

The Doctor
02-09-2017, 10:02 AM
List here all the delistings and whether you feel they may be of value to us.

Kick off with Kristian Jaksch, only 22 years old and a former pick 12 has been delisted. A costly mistake by Carlton.

The net result of that trade with GWS means Carlton effectively gave up pick 7 for Boekhorst! God love them :)

Doc26
02-09-2017, 11:24 AM
The net result of that trade with GWS means Carlton effectively gave up pick 7 for Boekhorst! God love them :)

Although if playing draft hypotheticals the pick 7 Carlton did give up is yet to play a game, has had two knee reconstructions, and has been subsequently traded from GWS to North for a pick 69.

Right now I'd be more concerned with the trade value of us effectively giving up Charlie Curnow for Dunks and Collins.

hujsh
02-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Although if playing draft hypotheticals the pick 7 Carlton did give up is yet to play a game, has had two knee reconstructions, and has been subsequently traded from GWS to North for a pick 69.

Right now I'd be more concerned with the trade value of us effectively giving up Charlie Curnow for Dunks and Collins.

Dunks was in a premiership team. You can't regret any move that plays a part in that. For Collins we'll wait and see but the noise around him has been growing more positive this last half year.

bulldogtragic
02-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Dunks was in a premiership team. You can't regret any move that plays a part in that. For Collins we'll wait and see but the noise around him has been growing more positive this last half year.

Fair point. Would we have selected either boy (Dunks/Dad) at 11 and not Curnow? Dalrymple says we likely would have. I was at an event the day after that draft and heard Bevo and many others talk about things. I don't think we could confidently say we would've taken Curnow.

The other mostly forgotten part of that trade was a later swapping of third & fourth rounders in Carlton's favour. But because we rocketed up the ladder quicker than expected, they got very little from that. So we won that trade easily. However, who they drafted/selected looks the goods. But that's a different discussion.

I've still got some disposal and goal kicking concerns on Dunks, and I'm still bullish about Dad. He was always going to take some time to develop and seems to progressing well through the VFL level.

bornadog
04-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Gold Coast part ways with Jarrad Grant, Mitch Hallahan, Keegan Brooksby, Ryan Davis and Cameron Loersch.

comrade
04-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Gold Coast part ways with Jarrad Grant, Mitch Hallahan, Keegan Brooksby, Ryan Davis and Cameron Loersch.

Surely this isn't the end for microphone head.

Remi Moses
04-09-2017, 05:53 PM
When does Clayton get the budgie smugglers on?

ledge
04-09-2017, 07:26 PM

That's bad when you have 5 players you don't think you can get anything for.
How many players on a list now 35?
That's 1/7. To be honest I hadn't heard of 3 of them either.

westdog54
04-09-2017, 09:22 PM

I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure the last 3 are rookies

The Doctor
05-09-2017, 09:09 AM

Wonder when the powers that be will start pointing the finger at Scott clayton for the mess they are in. They seem to blame everyone else like the coaches, the footy dept heads etc, yet he is the guy who has given them the crap they have to work with in the first place.

westdog54
05-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Wonder when the powers that be will start pointing the finger at Scott clayton for the mess they are in. They seem to blame everyone else like the coaches, the footy dept heads etc, yet he is the guy who has given them the crap they have to work with in the first place.

Its a fair call to make. There is just so little quality on their list.

Twodogs
05-09-2017, 11:32 AM

Plenty of middle distance runners though. They should leave the AFL and try out for the Olympics.

bornadog
05-09-2017, 12:12 PM

They do have a lot of quality on their list and have lost some too.

To me the issue is not just the top picks but the other picks for the bottom 6 to 10 players. That is where the difference is.

GVGjr
05-09-2017, 08:09 PM

He should enter the show survivor because he somehow never gets voted off the island despite not getting results.

ledge
05-09-2017, 08:23 PM
He should enter the show survivor because he somehow never gets voted off the island despite not getting results.

I can see him and Buckley being signed for that show.

GVGjr
05-09-2017, 08:26 PM
I can see him and Buckley being signed for that show.

I think the Buckley comparison is a touch harsh but I get it. The difference is he cops his whack whereas Clayton sneaks by mostly undetected

ledge
05-09-2017, 08:41 PM
I think the Buckley comparison is a touch harsh but I get it. The difference is he cops his whack whereas Clayton sneaks by mostly undetected

Harsh ? The bloke would have been sacked no questions asked if Eddie wasn't so in awe of him.
The mate ship between them to is akin to Smiths and Okeefe in the Australian cricket team.

ratsmac
05-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Harsh ? The bloke would have been sacked no questions asked if Eddie wasn't so in awe of him.
The mate ship between them to is akin to Smiths and Okeefe in the Australian cricket team.

Bucks must have dirt on Ed. If not it's getting proper creepy

ledge
05-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Listening to Sen the other day and Mick Malthouse was on and said he couldn't believe the Bucks signature wasn't signed weeks ago. Alluding to Eddie being up his bum for about 20 years it was never in question.

Topdog
06-09-2017, 06:27 AM

Cops his whack? By the media only so who cares? Even the media - knowing he would be kept on by Eddie - talked him up towards the end of the season.

GVGjr
06-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Cops his whack? By the media only so who cares? Even the media - knowing he would be kept on by Eddie - talked him up towards the end of the season.

I've responded to why I don't think the Buckley and Clayton comparison is a good one. I don't particularly care about Buckley.

You don't think Clayton's list of failures deserves some media scrutiny? I'd say he has been under delivering on strong positions in the drafts for more than a little while now and coaches are losing their jobs but Clayton remains. At some point someone will wise up.

Topdog
06-09-2017, 07:04 AM
I've responded to why I don't think the Buckley and Clayton comparison is a good one. I don't particularly care about Buckley.

You don't think Clayton's list of failures deserves some media scrutiny? I'd say he has been under delivering on strong positions in the drafts for more than a little while now and coaches are losing their jobs but Clayton remains. At some point someone will wise up.

He deserves to lose his job and should have done so 3 years ago. Media never really talk about a recruiter but there has been plenty of talk that the GC list is not good enough

bornadog
06-09-2017, 10:37 AM
He deserves to lose his job and should have done so 3 years ago. Media never really talk about a recruiter but there has been plenty of talk that the GC list is not good enough

Clayton has been the List manager at GC for some time now, but agree he needs to come under scrutiny.

I would say the whole club is under review at the moment, so he and the recruiters need to be looked at.

Topdog
06-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Clayton has been the List manager at GC for some time now, but agree he needs to come under scrutiny.

I would say the whole club is under review at the moment, so he and the recruiters need to be looked at.

Yep and the list is poor and their trades are not great.

bornadog
12-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Latest List - 12 Sept

ADELAIDE
Scott Thompson (retired)

BRISBANE
Ryan Harwood (delisted)
Jarrad Jansen (delisted)
Josh Clayton (delisted)
Blake Grewar (delisted)

CARLTON
Denis Armfield (retired)
Liam Sumner (delisted)

COLLINGWOOD
Jesse White (retired)

ESSENDON
Jobe Watson (retired)
James Kelly (retired)
Yestin Eades (retired)
Brent Stanton (retired)

FREMANTLE
Shane Yarran (retired)
Zac Dawson (retired)

GEELONG
Tom Lonergan (retired)
Andrew Mackie (retired)

GOLD COAST
Jarrad Grant (delisted)
Ryan Davis (delisted)

GWS GIANTS
Steve Johnson (retired)
Tom Downie (retired)

HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge (retired)
Josh Gibson (retired)
Luke Surman (retired)

MELBOURNE

NORTH MELBOURNE
Lachie Hansen (delisted)
Will Fordham (delisted)
Matt Taylor (delisted)

PORT ADELAIDE
---

RICHMOND
Ivan Maric (retired)
Chris Yarran (retired)

ST KILDA
Nick Riewoldt (retired)
Sean Dempster (retired)
Leigh Montagna (retired)
Nick Coughlan (delisted)

SYDNEY

---

WEST COAST
Sam Mitchell (retired)
Paddy Brophy (retired)
Sam Butler (retired)
Drew Petrie (retired)

Update

Happy Days
12-09-2017, 05:42 PM
That is a bleak list of cuts at Brisbane.

ledge
12-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Kristian Jaksch would be the biggest dissapointment ever.
He was a top pick from what I remember and didn't even make it at Carlton ..
I wonder what his downfall was.

bornadog
12-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Port Adelaide has eight players still without contracts for next season as end-of-year reviews continue (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-has-eight-players-still-without-contracts-for-next-season-as-endofyear-reviews-continue/news-story/316d3f1580daa601a37559b16b3c6a23)

Extract:

PORT Adelaide has eight players in the end-of-season reviews at Alberton without AFL contracts for next year.

They are free-agent utility Jackson Trengove, seasoned trio Angus Monfries, Nathan Krakouer and Matt White, forward Aaron Young who has become accustomed to one-year deals and novices Brendon AhChee, Aidyn Johnson and Jesse Palmer.

1eyedog
13-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Melbourne has delisted Jack Trengove I'm open to throwing him a lifeline.

Axe Man
13-09-2017, 11:28 AM

That will cause mass confusion if we get Jackson Trengove as well!

ledge
13-09-2017, 11:36 AM
That will cause mass confusion if we get Jackson Trengove as well!

Bit of luck the umpires get confused to and one wins a Brownlow ;-)

Happy Days
13-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Jack Trengove is so finished; incredibly slow, Smithian turning circle, doesn't use the ball well and just isn't good. It's sad to see such a promising player fail but he's a list clogger at this stage.

comrade
13-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I'd have a look at Coughlan from St Kilda. Played at Footscray a few years back and looked a likely type, but never got a crack with the Saints.

GVGjr
13-09-2017, 01:45 PM

He still has a bit to give. At the very least he would be good for the younger players

Ozza
14-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Yep, Gold Coast has been pretty disastrous all round - but the list management/recruiting really stands out.
I find it pretty strange the venom with which people chose to lay the boots into GWS about the club and the players after they lost last week's final - when you consider the cavernous gap between what they have been able to do in nearly 6 seasons, compared to Gold Coast's 8. And a lot of it comes down to recruiting the right kind of players from the draft, and targeting the right kind of mature players from opposition clubs.

Gold Coast selections have been baffling at times. Just heaps of classic Clayton-esque skinny athletic types who are lacking in the contested footy, or footy-smarts department.

Topdog
14-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Ozza, GWS actually had more hand outs than GC and are arrogant flogs

Go_Dogs
14-09-2017, 07:37 PM
He still has a bit to give. At the very least he would be good for the younger players

Was a very promising junior and in his early years. I wonder what a change of scenes another pre-season of continuity could do for him?

Could he become a Matt Boyd replacement down back? A neat player with good endurance, noting I'm unsure how he'd go defensively.

bornadog
19-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Harley Balic confirms he wants to leave Freo

bornadog
21-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Updated

ADELAIDE
Scott Thompson (retired)

BRISBANE
Ryan Harwood (delisted)
Jarrad Jansen (delisted)
Josh Clayton (delisted)
Blake Grewar (delisted)

CARLTON
Denis Armfield (retired)
Liam Sumner (delisted)

COLLINGWOOD
Jesse White (retired)

ESSENDON
Jobe Watson (retired)
James Kelly (retired)
Yestin Eades (retired)
Brent Stanton (retired)
Heath Hocking (delisted)

FREMANTLE
Shane Yarran (retired)
Zac Dawson (retired)

GEELONG
Tom Lonergan (retired)
Andrew Mackie (retired)

GOLD COAST
Jarrad Grant (delisted)
Ryan Davis (delisted)

GWS GIANTS
Steve Johnson (retired)
Tom Downie (retired)
HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge (retired)
Josh Gibson (retired)
Luke Surman (retired)

MELBOURNE
Jack Trengove (delisted)
Jake Spencer (delisted)
Mitch White (delisted)
Liam Hulett (delisted)

NORTH MELBOURNE
Lachie Hansen (delisted)
Will Fordham (delisted)
Matt Taylor (delisted)

PORT ADELAIDE
---
RICHMOND
Ivan Maric (retired)
Chris Yarran (retired)

ST KILDA
Nick Riewoldt (retired)
Sean Dempster (retired)
Leigh Montagna (retired)
Nick Coughlan (delisted)

SYDNEY

---
WEST COAST
Sam Mitchell (retired)
Paddy Brophy (retired)
Sam Butler (retired)
Drew Petrie (retired)
Jonathan Giles (retired)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Matthew Boyd (retired)
Bob Murphy (retired)
Josh Prudden (delisted)
Declan Hamilton (delisted)
Tristan Tweedie (delisted)

ledge
21-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I see nothing in any of these players.

ratsmac
21-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Harley Balic confirms he wants to leave Freo

I don't know anything about him. Is he worth a look at?

bornadog
21-09-2017, 08:10 PM

He is 20 years old and only played 4 average games. Was pick 38 in 2015 draft.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Pretty sure GVGjr mentioned him a month or two back from memory. He might have seen Balic as a junior or had a thought on him. Inside midfielder I think he may of said.

Bulldog Revolution
21-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Kristian Jaksch would be the biggest dissapointment ever.
He was a top pick from what I remember and didn't even make it at Carlton ..
I wonder what his downfall was.

Attitude

bornadog
22-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Swans update:

Shaun Edwards (Retired), Brandon Jack (Delisted), Tyrone Leonardis (Delisted), Michael Talia (Delisted)

bulldogtragic
22-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Swans update:

Shaun Edwards (Retired), Brandon Jack (Delisted), Tyrone Leonardis (Delisted), Michael Talia (Delisted)

Good.

bornadog
22-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Good.

Another dickhead that let an opportunity go. Bevo would have backed him in all the way if his attitude and training was up to scratch. FMD

bulldogtragic
22-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Another dickhead that let an opportunity go. Bevo would have backed him in all the way if his attitude and training was up to scratch. FMD

And not given game plans to his brother before a elim final.

bornadog
22-09-2017, 05:34 PM
And not given game plans to his brother before a elim final.

He wanted to leave so that is why he did that. Thought he could get regular games elsewhere.

We need tall CHB = Opportunity. Talia too impatient, didn't follow team defensive rules, didn't train hard enough, partied too hard and expected to be best 22. (sounds familiar)

I still think he had potential, but all thrown away. (shakes head)

Grantysghost
22-09-2017, 06:22 PM
He wanted to leave so that is why he did that. Thought he could get regular games elsewhere.

We need tall CHB = Opportunity. Talia too impatient, didn't follow team defensive rules, didn't train hard enough, partied too hard and expected to be best 22. (sounds familiar)

I still think he had potential, but all thrown away. (shakes head)

On a positive note he'll have plenty of time to find his phone now.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Heath Shaw has apparently been given a week to make a decision on his future. It would appear he has been told he is no longer regarded as a best 22 player and with a year to go on his contract he could spend it on the outer or negotiate a pay out

Happy Days
02-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Heath Shaw has apparently been given a week to make a decision on his future. It would appear he has been told he is no longer regarded as a best 22 player and with a year to go on his contract he could spend it on the outer or negotiate a pay out

Great move by the Giants. Heath isn't explosive or skilled enough to play on his own terms any more, and was pretty average all year long. Could see his 2018 being very rough.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Great move by the Giants. Heath isn't explosive or skilled enough to play on his own terms any more, and was pretty average all year long. Could see his 2018 being very rough.

Poor finals and overall his impact in games was well down on previous seasons

He has a footy brain but it could be a risk for a club to bring him in as a skills coach

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 10:59 AM
The Saints are prepared to have a chat Michael Talia.

Might be thrown a lifeline.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 11:30 AM

A reason to detest St Kilda more. Cool.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Shane Mumford might have been given a similar message to Heath Shaw subject to a medical assessment

GWS appear to be getting in the front foot with changes

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Shane Mumford might have been given a similar message to Heath Shaw subject to a medical assessment

GWS appear to be getting in the front foot with changes

For sure. Mzungu 'retired' after one season. Johnson genuinely retired. Talk of Gryphone going maybe. That's 5 oldies. I guess they're hoping Lids can stay injury free and have some form.

With Wilson, Smith and Kennedy ask out, they might back into the first round in a meaningful way.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Smart by GWS.

They have quickly realised their list isn't going to cut it and they appear to be making meaningful decisions.

Hope we do the same.

Happy Days
02-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Smart by GWS.

They have quickly realised their list isn't going to cut it and they appear to be making meaningful decisions.

Hope we do the same.

Easy to make the big calls on "club" "greats" when you don't stand for anything.

ratsmac
02-10-2017, 01:45 PM

I hope they don't try call his mobile because they'll be waiting awhile.;)

Axe Man
02-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Hawthorn have delisted their CEO Tracey Gaudry after 5 months in the job.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 02:00 PM

Will Hawthorn get the same treatment as when we've parted with a CEO ......................

ledge
02-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Will Hawthorn get the same treatment as when we've parted with a CEO ......................

Of course not , Barrett and Caro only target us when it might damage our club.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 04:29 PM

Gee it would appear we are the victims of a conspiracy

Rocket Science
02-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Apparently the Hawks have had a senior board member of five odd years just walk on them too.

The conspiracy theorists will be relieved to hear Purple making the most of this "absolute mess" down at Glenferrie Oval, with "plenty more to come", though I reckon he'd instinctively belch the same line if his morning coffee was a little too hot for his liking.

Sedat
02-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Not true. Barrett has already chased the ambulance all the way down the Monash Fwy to Mulgrave with some inflammatory comments on trade radio.

He is a grub who chases the negative story, wherever it emanates from. Why we obsess over his opinions is a mystery to me - just another dickhead scribe.

hujsh
02-10-2017, 06:15 PM

You can delist CEOs?!

This could revolutionise Corporate pay

G-Mo77
02-10-2017, 06:30 PM

I love to stick the boots into Barrett as much as I can but he mentioned something about this on trade radio about this today. Not the typical sky is falling bullshit every time something happens with us but I think the word "worrying" was used.

Axe Man
02-10-2017, 06:40 PM
You can delist CEOs?!

This could revolutionise Corporate pay

I am pushing for the term to be used in all aspects of life, eg "Yeah I delisted my girlfriend last week"

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 07:06 PM
I am pushing for the term to be used in all aspects of life, eg "Yeah I delisted my girlfriend last week"

With a view to rookie listing?

Ozza
02-10-2017, 07:13 PM
I reckon Hawthorn have really tough times ahead. They have put a mountain of pressure on themselves with this enormous financial commitment (might be wrong - but thought I heard $100m) to move their HQ to Dingley - and at the end of all of that, they will be in Dingley!!

And during the years that they have to fund the move, history would suggest that their membership and attendances will drop off sharply as they won't have the same success that they've enjoy in the last decade.

I don't think it is a coincidence that things aren't rosy off-field.

Twodogs
03-10-2017, 06:38 AM

Had to delist one of the kids yesterday. I couldn't decide which one myself so I got them to prove how much they loved me. Really it was the only fair method.

Bulldog4life
03-10-2017, 03:35 PM
With a view to rookie listing?

That's if no one picks her up beforehand.

Ghost Dog
03-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Not true. Barrett has already chased the ambulance all the way down the Monash Fwy to Mulgrave with some inflammatory comments on trade radio.

He is a grub who chases the negative story, wherever it emanates from. Why we obsess over his opinions is a mystery to me - just another dickhead scribe.

What gets me with this type of journalist is their lack of being contrite when they are wrong.

There was some report about a Lions player who was wanted to leave, etc etc. Barrette didn't bother to check with the player and announced it on Footy show I think. Player tweets it wasn't true ( can't remember his name.) Barrett, No apology, just tried to argue he was correct.

Wilson does this as well. She 'broke' the story that Hird had been fired. Went to print, but it it wasn't true at the time. No apology or anything.
They occupy a necessary part of the game but when they try to peddle on field analysis and take themselves too seriously ( FFS do we have to be reminded how many walkley's they have one when they are introduced? ) it becomes laughable.
Dislike negative, muckraking journos.

Axe Man
04-10-2017, 12:48 PM

Now the President Richard Garvey has been delisted and Jeff Kennett signed as a delisted free agent!

bulldogtragic
04-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Now the President Richard Garvey has been delisted and Jeff Kennett signed as a delisted free agent!

Lost their President, CEO after 5 months, recent captain Hodge quit to go to another club, lost their Brownlow medallist and vice captain last year. No draft pick inside 31 this year.

#Shocktober - What's Robbo got to say?

Twodogs
04-10-2017, 05:20 PM

Is that the idiot Hawthorn president who said that he would like to see us to win a premiership? Good I'm glad. Patronise us...

Bulldog4life
04-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Is that the idiot Hawthorn president who said that he would like to see us to win a premiership? Good I'm glad. Patronise us...

Same bloke who wanted to drop Clarkson to coach Box Hill

ledge
05-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Did I hear the president resigned because the CEO got sacked ?
Well that means not everyone is on the same page.

Happy Days
06-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Freo just delisted Clarke and Griffin. I wouldn't be adverse to one of them on the rookie list; they...aren't great footballers but as a "break glass" ruckman you could do worse.

ratsmac
06-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Freo just delisted Clarke and Griffin. I wouldn't be adverse to one of them on the rookie list; they...aren't great footballers but as a "break glass" ruckman you could do worse.

Those poor bastards were just fillers while Sandi was injured. They were never going to get a proper run at it and their development as afl standard ruckman probably suffered.

GVGjr
06-10-2017, 08:25 PM

The drafting of Sean Darcy last year has made both players redundant for Fremantle
I think it would be hard for them to accept rookie contracts but you never know

Twodogs
06-10-2017, 08:54 PM
The drafting of Sean Darcy last year has made both players redundant for Fremantle
I think it would be hard for them to accept rookie contracts but you never know

When you think about it moving from Perth for a Rookie contract is a big commitment. But if you wanna play...

Bulldog Revolution
06-10-2017, 10:50 PM
When you think about it moving from Perth for a Rookie contract is a big commitment. But if you wanna play...

Griffin is an underrated footballer but is now 31

Clarke has always looked like he would become a player but kind of hasn't - you want a real good look at his medical records on his kneee

Go_Dogs
07-10-2017, 12:06 AM
Sam Gibson delisted, hasn't he played 140 games in a row???!

GVGjr
07-10-2017, 12:20 AM

A real socks down hard at it type. Apparently he's taken the news well and realised his time was closing.

jazzadogs
07-10-2017, 12:29 AM

Zac Clarke is originally from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne so I'd imagine he'll be heading home regardless. If he passed a medical you'd consider it.

Sedat
07-10-2017, 01:52 AM
The surprising one from Freo was Sam Collins. I thought he was a best 22 type for them when fit.

hujsh
07-10-2017, 02:53 AM
Griffin is an underrated footballer but is now 31

Clarke has always looked like he would become a player but kind of hasn't - you want a real good look at his medical records on his kneee

Plenty of rucks start off that way, got to a new club and take off and the number one guy

GVGjr
07-10-2017, 04:29 AM
The surprising one from Freo was Sam Collins. I thought he was a best 22 type for them when fit.

So did I but then I checked and saw that he only played 2 senior games this year and hardly missed a WAFL game

lemmon
07-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Gold Coast could do far worse. He's no star but he works hard and won't leave anything in the tank

Bulldog4life
07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Zac Clarke is originally from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne so I'd imagine he'll be heading home regardless. If he passed a medical you'd consider it.

Zac Clarke could be the "second ruck type" that Bevo likes. Over 200cm's. Still only 27 years old he has been injured a lot over the last 2 years. Maybe a rookie spot.

divvydan
07-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Gold Coast could do far worse. He's no star but he works hard and won't leave anything in the tank

Agreed, GC need someone who is professional and a hard trainer to lift the standards at the club and he would bring both those qualities.

anfo27
07-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Troy Menzel delisted. Any interest?

bulldogtragic
07-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Troy Menzel delisted. Any interest?

He's a curious player. Looked OK at Carlton, but they happily shipped him out. Adelaide happy to have got him, yet only got 4 games. I'm not sure why this is? Attitude, commitment?

GVGjr
07-10-2017, 05:09 PM
He's a curious player. Looked OK at Carlton, but they happily shipped him out. Adelaide happy to have got him, yet only got 4 games. I'm not sure why this is? Attitude, commitment?

I wouldn't think he would be even worth having a talk to.

Bulldog Revolution
07-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Billy Hartung if delisted may be of interest to us

I know we have some list constraints but he fills a need

Go_Dogs
07-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Is there talk he won't be offered a new deal?

I haven't followed him too closely in recent times but seemed a promising young running player - looking at his stats he averaged career high disposals and played 18 games for the season, which wouldn't indicate he's on the edge.

GVGjr
07-10-2017, 08:30 PM

A Hawks mate of mine who's opinion I will listen to doesn't rate Hartung at all. Any time his name is mentioned he trots out the "He can run" line.

As you say we have a tight list and I think we should look elsewhere.

bornadog
07-10-2017, 08:37 PM
A Hawks mate of mine who's opinion I will listen to doesn't rate Hartung at all. Any time his name is mentioned he trots out the "He can run" line.

My Hawks mate feels the same, says his decision making is pretty bad.

Happy Days
07-10-2017, 09:35 PM

My Hawks mate feels the same, says his decision making is pretty bad.

I agree with your Hawks mates. He's the archetypal "well he can't do anything but he can not do it all game long".

If Ed Barlow was short.

Bulldog Revolution
07-10-2017, 10:31 PM
I agree with your Hawks mates. He's the archetypal "well he can't do anything but he can not do it all game long".
Y
If Ed Barlow was short.

We all agree he can run - he's in a similar spot to Honeychurch and Crameri were the hawks will wait until after the trade period to make a decision

comrade
07-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Hartung's deficiencies have been well covered by Hawthorn's dominance. His lack of composure and average disposal would stick out like the proverbials in a lesser team.

boydogs
07-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Is there talk he won't be offered a new deal?

I haven't followed him too closely in recent times but seemed a promising young running player - looking at his stats he averaged career high disposals and played 18 games for the season, which wouldn't indicate he's on the edge.

Don't think he would manage 18 for us. Poor man's Lachie Hunter

Twodogs
08-10-2017, 08:18 AM

From debut. Poor guy has made his debut 7 years ago and then he's never been dropped and played 140 games in a row and then he's delisted. Brutal.

Home sweet home.

Happy Days
08-10-2017, 12:47 PM
From debut. Poor guy has made his debut 7 years ago and then he's never been dropped and played 140 games in a row and then he's delisted. Brutal.

Maybe, but, and I say this with a healthy respect for his work ethic and for getting the most out of himself as a player, doesn't this kind of sum up North?

That a zero-upside, slow, skill-deficient 25 year old can walk into their best 22 and rack up 140 straight games without leaving any sort of impression is pretty much the definition of malaise.

Twodogs
09-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Maybe, but, and I say this with a healthy respect for his work ethic and for getting the most out of himself as a player, doesn't this kind of sum up North?

That a zero-upside, slow, skill-deficient 25 year old can walk into their best 22 and rack up 140 straight games without leaving any sort of impression is pretty much the definition of malaise.

I must admit that I had thought he'd disappeared years ago.

GVGjr
09-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Conflicting reports about Jack Watts nominating Port as his preferred club. Trade Radio is saying it's not correct.

I initially had some interest in Watts but if he is lacking intensity as reported then he's not for us

Bulldog4life
09-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Conflicting reports about Jack Watts nominating Port as his preferred club. Trade Radio is saying it's not correct.

I initially had some interest in Watts but if he is lacking intensity as reported then he's not for us

What put me off Watts is that he came back in a not flash condition to pre season training this year. We don't want to add to our woes.

Axe Man
11-10-2017, 04:58 PM
If Campbell leaves Clarke could be a good cheap option. Wonder if we have shown interest?

Host of clubs want to bring Zac back (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-11/host-of-clubs-want-to-bring-zac-back)

DELISTED free agent Zac Clarke has had interest from up to five AFL clubs, including one that is considering him as a No.1 ruck option.

The 27-year-old ruck-forward did not add to his 101 games and 46 goals at Fremantle this year as he recovered from two surgeries and related complications with the patella in his left knee.

Clarke's most recent operation was in February and he chose to sit out the entire season rather than make a late return for Peel Thunder's finals campaign.

But the athletic 203cm Victorian is back running and finally pain free, with interested clubs declaring him medically ready to go from the start of pre-season in November.

Among the clubs potentially on the hunt for an experienced ruckman are Greater Western Sydney, the Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs.

Clarke's manager, Jason Dover, of Stride Sports, said they were taking heart from West Coast ruckman Nathan Vardy's ability to have a career-best season after a string of injuries at Geelong.

"I feel like a club that takes him is going to get something really good," Dover told AFL.com.au.

"We saw Vardy have a lot of issues over previous years, then he gets a fresh start at a new club and he had his most successful year by a mile, so we're looking at that and hoping Zac can do something similar.

"It's been tough on him, because he's played injured for the last couple of years, hence the surgery, and then the complications around the surgery pretty much wrote off his year.

"So, he's had to pony up and tough it out and now focus on the rehab and build into the season, and he is telling me he feels as good as he's ever felt."

Clarke has proven he can be an effective marking target up forward, on top of his ruck duties – a combination Dover said made him an appealing commodity.

He kicked double-digit goals in 2012 and 2014, as well as averaging almost 21 hit-outs in 2013 and more than 19 last year as a back-up to Sandilands.

"With the change of the game now, with not playing two dominant ruckmen, he can play forward, so a couple of clubs I've spoken to really like that," Dover said.

"He's going to give them flexibility, because they saw him as a marking forward when he played his best footy a few years back.

"Then, if he's the one who goes in and pinch-hits in the ruck against other guys who are not real ruckmen, they feel like they're getting a real ruckman in there as well.

"But another club I've spoken to are looking at him as potentially a No.1 ruck option. They think he's good enough to do that, with some of the real big ruckmen coming out of the game."

Clarke posted on Instagram last week that he was keen to continue his AFL career elsewhere.

"Thanks to friends and family for the support over the journey and especially all my teammates who I'll miss the most!" Clarke wrote.

"One door closes, another one opens and I'm excited for what's next #plentyleft"

The Dockers re-signed four-time All Australian Aaron Sandilands for another year and first-year big man Sean Darcy impressively led the club's ruck division down the stretch in Sandilands' injury absence.

GVGjr
11-10-2017, 05:12 PM
It says we could have a spot for a player like him. An injury free Clarke is that type of ruckman/midfielder we would have liked this year. You're right if Campbell is moving on then Clarke might suit us. He's a unique player and I think that would suit us

hujsh
11-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Definitely a good option.

If that many are interested a rookie spot may not cut it though.

GVGjr
11-10-2017, 07:02 PM
If we were in any way interested in Clarke would we have rolled up an offer for both him and Crozier?
At the moment I'd say we aren't interested although he might be able to be acquired as a delisted FA

Axe Man
12-10-2017, 11:03 AM
If we were in any way interested in Clarke would we have rolled up an offer for both him and Crozier?
At the moment I'd say we aren't interested although he might be able to be acquired as a delisted FA

He's already been delisted so why would we make an offer to Freo for him?

Ozza
12-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Hartung is quick. But I'd have him on the podium for worst footballers in the AFL.

GVGjr
12-10-2017, 11:15 AM

If we were interested and Fremantle were going to delist him couldn't we have just put forward an offer for both?
Would Freo get any compensation for him?

Axe Man
12-10-2017, 11:29 AM
If we were interested and Fremantle were going to delist him couldn't we have just put forward an offer for both?
Would Freo get any compensation for him?

If Campbell stays I doubt we would be adding anymore ruckmen, so we can't really make an offer for Clarke unless a trade for Campbell is done. We also may be interested in Martin as our first choice and Clarke as a fall back position. Chances are of course that we aren't into Clarke at all.

Doubtful anybody would offer an injury plagued Clarke a long or lucrative enough contract for Freo to receive any compensation.

westdog54
12-10-2017, 11:47 AM

If he has been delisted then I imagine it becomes a matter of who puts the best offer to him.

He'll end up on a senior list

Bulldog4life
14-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Worth a look: We rank the top 10 delisted players

ALMOST 30 delisted footballers have found a new AFL home since free agency changed the game forever in 2012.

Saints Dylan Roberton and Tim Membrey, Western Bulldogs premiership defender Joel Hamling – who moved again last year to Fremantle – Carlton's Matthew Wright, Brisbane Lion Mitch Robinson and ex-Demon Daniel Cross all thrived after being cut.

Ricky Henderson (Hawthorn), Michael Barlow (Gold Coast) and Josh Green (Essendon) also played a combined 47 matches at their second clubs this year.

Kangaroo-turned-Eagle Drew Petrie and Docker-cum-Blue Alex Silvagni were NAB AFL Rookie Draft selections.

There were misses, too, but there are bargains to be found.

There could still be more delistings in the coming weeks, but AFL.com.au has ranked this year's current top 10 delisted free agents according to their likelihood of receiving an AFL lifeline.

1. Zac Clarke (Fremantle)

101 games, 46 goals, 28/3/90 (27 years old)
The spring-heeled ruckman, who boasts good endurance and is also capable of playing up forward, made his living in Aaron Sandilands' shadow. Clarke managed double-digit games each season between 2011 and 2016 before knee problems took their toll. Two surgeries, the most recent in February, saw him miss this season, but he is fit again and has attracted genuine interest.

2. Sam Gibson (North Melbourne)

130 games, 51 goals, 27/5/87 (31)
Gibson's 130 straight matches is the AFL's longest active streak and the second-most ever from debut, a feat that made his delisting "hard to fathom". His advanced age hurt him, and his foot skills were also questioned. But Gibson has an outstanding aerobic capacity and is versatile enough to play on the wing, as a tagger – just ask Rory Sloane – or even across half-forward.

3. Aaron Mullett (North Melbourne)

85 games, 31 goals, 23/2/92 (25)
The small defender averaged career-high disposals (20) and only three players in the AFL topped his 5.6 rebound 50s per game, but admitted his physicality in the contest wasn't where it needed to be after past shoulder issues. Mullett has added weight to his frame, says his body is rid of injury and is willing to go anywhere to revive his career.

4. Michael Talia (Sydney)

31 games, 3 goals, 11/2/93 (24)
St Kilda has already indicated it is interested in becoming the 192cm defender's third AFL club, behind his stints at the Western Bulldogs and the Swans. That seems Talia's best chance of continuing at AFL level after controversies at each of his previous two stops. Played a career-most 14 matches for the Bulldogs in 2015, but only one in two seasons in the Harbour City.

5. Lachy Hansen (North Melbourne)

151 games, 81 goals, 17/8/88 (29)
Started the season well enough, but the temptation to play young key defensive prospects Sam Durdin and Dan Nielson only grew as the Roos' losses mounted. Hansen's only match after round 13 was a farewell in the final round. Can play forward or back and is still young enough to perform a role for a club in the right situation to take on a veteran.

6. Lachie Keeffe (Collingwood)

40 games, 7 goals, 14/4/90 (27)
Last played an AFL game in 2014, when he played a career-high 18 matches in what was his best campaign at the elite level. The 204cm, 101kg giant served a two-year anti-doping ban, then was unable to break into the Pies' senior line-up this past season. Prefers to play as a key back, but spent significant time in attack in the VFL this year, booting multiple goals four times.

7. Sam Collins (Fremantle)

14 games, 0 goals, 15/6/94 (23)
Collins fell out of favour this season after playing 12 games in 2016 as a mature-age recruit from the Box Hill Hawks. The key defender stands 192cm and won the Dockers' WAFL affiliate Peel Thunder's club champion award, but struggled to get a look in behind Joel Hamling, Michael Johnson and young prospects Griffin Logue and Brennan Cox. His manager has already taken calls.

8. Jack Trengove (Melbourne)

86 games, 39 goals, 2/9/91 (26)
The No.2 pick in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft never reached his potential at the Demons, in large part because of a serious left foot injury that first surfaced in late 2012. Trengove played only seven senior games across the past four seasons, but was a strong performer at VFL level, is a solid citizen and could add midfield depth somewhere.

9. Ben Kennedy (Melbourne)

40 games, 28 goals, 3/3/94 (23)
Consistently put up big numbers in the VFL, but the closest he got to an AFL game was as an emergency. Kennedy, a goalkicking midfielder, was once rated so highly the ex-Magpie was a top-20 draft pick five years ago, but was one of four Demons suspended mid-season for breaking team rules regarding to alcohol. May still have enough currency to find a third AFL club.

10. Henry Schade (Collingwood)

28 games, 1 goal, 8/10/93 (24)
The twice-delisted tall defender played eight of the first nine games for the Magpies, but was unsighted at AFL level after that. Kept Lance Franklin to three behinds in round three and seemed set to make the most of his second chance after 20 games for the Gold Coast. Schade is pretty athletic for a man of 197cm, so could attract some interest.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-14/worth-a-look-we-rank-the-top-10-delisted-players

bulldogtragic
14-10-2017, 06:28 PM
There's some potential Ekers in this list. I like what I see with so many Ekers leaving this season.

Bulldog4life
14-10-2017, 07:10 PM
There's some potential Ekers in this list. I like what I see with so many Ekers leaving this season.

I love the Ekers.

bornadog
25-10-2017, 11:27 PM
West Coast a real clean Out:

Paddy Brophy (ret)
Sam Butler (ret)
Jonathan Giles (ret)
Tom Gorter (del)
Josh Hill (del)
Tom Lamb (del)
Sam Mitchell (ret)
Drew Petrie (ret)
Matt Priddis (ret)
Jordan Snadden (del)
Simon Tunbridge (del)
Sharrod Wellingham (del)

Always thought Wellingham was a pretty good player

Rocket Science
26-10-2017, 12:24 AM
West Coast a real clean Out:

Paddy Brophy (ret)
Sam Butler (ret)
Jonathan Giles (ret)
Tom Gorter (del)
Josh Hill (del)
Tom Lamb (del)
Sam Mitchell (ret)
Drew Petrie (ret)
Matt Priddis (ret)
Jordan Snadden (del)
Simon Tunbridge (del)
Sharrod Wellingham (del)

Always thought Wellingham was a pretty good player

I think he was their Eagleton.

Mildly surprising. You'd reckon they shopped him if this was in the pipeline. Apparently the rest of the league agrees.

boydogs
26-10-2017, 01:23 AM
Josh Hill even younger than Wellingham

The Doctor
26-10-2017, 08:36 AM
West Coast have positioned themselves well to snare some of the WAFL players who have been doing well. Players like Kelly, Ryan & Schloithe, maybe Marsh, could well be on their radar as young but experienced ready to play types.

Grantysghost
26-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Wellingham never really recaptured that 2010 intensity he had in the pies premiership season . I remember Rd 1 at Etihad, we were coming off the back of our nab cup win and thought this could be the year and the pies took it to another level. Wellingham went back with the flight getting inbetween Barry Hall and the ball and ended up with the pill and got crunched but straight back up. I realised at that point the pies were all in that season although it was early. He might be an ok rookie but not sure if he’s got the commitment so I’d say pass.

Bulldog4life
27-10-2017, 10:41 AM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/billy-hartung-and-kade-stewart-delisted-by-hawthorn-new-deals-for-jono-orourke-and-kurt-heatherley/news-story/6d6a869e85aa471d9acb79c75b20aef8

SPEEDY wingman Billy Hartung can now be picked up as a delisted free agent after being delisted by Hawthorn on Thursday afternoon.

Hartung was one of three players delisted by the Hawks, with Kade Stewart and Dallas Willsmore also removed from the senior list. However the Hawks have committed to re-drafting Willsmore as a rookie in November.

The delisting of Hartung comes as the biggest surprise after the 22-year-old featured in 18 of a possible 22 senior games and averaged a career-high 22 disposals for the Hawks in 2017. He finished the season strongly as well, producing career-high disposals (32), contested possessions (10), marks (nine) and inside 50s (five) against Carlton in Round 22.

OFF-SEASON CENTRAL: EVERY CLUB’S LIST CHANGES

However the Hawks’ recent acquisition of fellow speedster Jarman Impey via Port Adelaide didn’t help Hartung’s cause.

“We would also like to extend our thanks to Billy and Kade for their contribution to Hawthorn,” club recruiting and list manager Graham Wright said.

“Both players have demonstrated great commitment to the club and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.”

Hartung, who holds the record for the best beep test result (16.06) in AFL draft combine history, was one of the Hawks’ key outside line-breakers over recent years.

He came within a whisker of being a premiership player in 2015, representing the Hawks in the preliminary final against Fremantle before being replaced by the returning Jack Gunston for the Grand Final. That came after playing 20 senior games and earning a Rising Star nomination in the same season.

But Melbourne great David Schwarz said Hartung needed to improve the defensive aspect of his game.

“His lack of pressure was the issue I think that the Hawks had problems with and just his overall toughness,” Schwarz told SEN’s The Run Home.

“But he’s got speed and he’s got the know-how. If he can get the other side of his game right, he could be a handy pick up for someone.”

Hartung can now not only be picked up as a delisted free agent, but also nominate to be taken in either the national or rookie drafts in November.

Scott Lucas, Hartung’s manager, did indicate during the AFL trade period that there had been “some interest from other clubs”.

In other Hawthorn list news, midfielder Jono O’Rourke and key backman Kurt Heatherley have signed one-year deals to remain at the Hawks.

“Jonathan had an injury interrupted season, so we trust with a full pre-season under his belt he’ll be able to perform at his best next year,” Wright said.

“Kurt had a solid year at VFL level and also managed four senior games. We hope he can continue to develop his craft as a key backman next season.”

Ozza
27-10-2017, 02:45 PM
I wonder if our club would be interested in trying to re-invigorate the career of Ben Lennon, who has been delisted by Richmond.

If I recall correctly, he came through 18s with Bonti at the Knights, and was a first round pick in the draft. Kicks the ball really well - just never seemed to quite cut through.

I think there is something there to work with talent-wise.

Axe Man
27-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Was just speaking to someone who knows others that have sat in the Hawthorn coaching box on occasion. Apparently Clarkson was constantly frustrated with Hartung, thinks he's soft.

bornadog
27-10-2017, 02:58 PM
I wonder if our club would be interested in trying to re-invigorate the career of Ben Lennon, who has been delisted by Richmond.

If I recall correctly, he came through 18s with Bonti at the Knights, and was a first round pick in the draft. Kicks the ball really well - just never seemed to quite cut through.

I think there is something there to work with talent-wise.

I read he was a pick 12

anfo27
27-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Was just speaking to someone who knows others that have sat in the Hawthorn coaching box on occasion. Apparently Clarkson was constantly frustrated with Hartung, thinks he's soft.

Not surprised. Kicking skills & decision making wasn't good either. Prime example why speed isn't everything. I would take someone who can use it over someone who can run everyday.

Twodogs
28-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Not surprised. Kicking skills & decision making wasn't good either. Prime example why speed isn't everything. I would take someone who can use it over someone who can run everyday.

You can kick a ball faster to a spot than any man in history would be able to run there so kicking is more important than foot speed I reckon.

Remi Moses
28-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Hartung runs quickly and that’s it . Bit of a question mark on Lennon’s workrate, certainly has the talent

lemmon
28-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Hartung runs quickly and that’s it . Bit of a question mark on Lennon’s workrate, certainly has the talent

I'd consider rookie listing Lennon if he's still around - we need the depth.

We're a group that should be in tbe premiership window but our forward line looks significantly weaker than it did 12 months ago. He could be one out of the box.

anfo27
28-10-2017, 02:35 PM
I'd consider rookie listing Lennon if he's still around - we need the depth.

We're a group that should be in tbe premiership window but our forward line looks significantly weaker than it did 12 months ago. He could be one out of the box.

Seems like a selfish player Lennon & one who doesn't work hard enough for his team mates. I'd be staying away from him.

GVGjr
28-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Seems like a selfish player Lennon & one who doesn't work hard enough for his team mates. I'd be staying away from him.

I agree, unless someone else has seen something more in him than I have I don't think we need him.

Happy Days
28-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Sacking Stringer for concerns over his workrate and fitness levels and then bringing in Ben Lennon, a fatter, far worse version of Stringer, would be ridiculous.

Go_Dogs
28-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Nick Suban officially delisted. Any interest as a rookie list option for us?

GVGjr
28-10-2017, 05:16 PM

I think we will go for the younger guys but I quite like him as a player

Happy Days
28-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Thread just keeps getting grimmer.

Bulldog Revolution
28-10-2017, 07:34 PM
I agree, unless someone else has seen something more in him than I have I don't think we need him.

He hasn't kicked on the way I thought he would - he lacks mobility as a small/medium forward

bulldogtragic
28-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Thread just keeps getting grimmer.

Contrast. How brilliant is elevating Roarke Smith with Pick 82? *!*!*!*!ing amazing.

Go_Dogs
28-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Contrast. How brilliant is elevating Roarke Smith with Pick 82? *!*!*!*!ing amazing.

Can you elaborate on this post? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why Roarke at 82 is something that holds significant appeal (this is probably the wrong thread, so please feel free to copy my quote and move it to the pick 82 thread on the off season board).

hujsh
28-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Can you elaborate on this post? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why Roarke at 82 is something that holds significant appeal (this is probably the wrong thread, so please feel free to copy my quote and move it to the pick 82 thread on the off season board).

I believe it was sarcastic?

bulldogtragic
28-10-2017, 09:54 PM

Tongue in side of mouth. I've been confused for the most part post trade period.

bulldogtragic
28-10-2017, 09:55 PM
I believe it was sarcastic?

Belief well founded.

comrade
29-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Sacking Stringer for concerns over his workrate and fitness levels and then bringing in Ben Lennon, a fatter, far worse version of Stringer, would be ridiculous.

Stringer wasn't sacked just because he was lazy and has the fitness levels of a bush footballer. They were symptoms of a much larger issue.

Bulldog Revolution
30-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Interesting that an afl.com.au article covering Collingwood list changes intimated that they were still deciding what to do with Chris Maybe and his remaining three years

Surely they aren't considering paying out the 1.4-5 remaining?

bulldogtragic
30-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Interesting that an afl.com.au article covering Collingwood list changes intimated that they were still deciding what to do with Chris Maybe and his remaining three years

Surely they aren't considering paying out the 1.4-5 remaining?

If that eventuates, that could be a contender for worst ever trade. The Dogs, Carlton & Richmond have some good nominations, but on balance it would be a genuine contender, if it happens.

Throughandthrough
30-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Cam Ellis Yoeman with our last pick would be interesting...g

Go_Dogs
30-10-2017, 07:22 PM

Surprised to see he's been delisted. Was his knee injury this year or last? Adds some pace.

bornadog
30-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Surprised to see he's been delisted. Was his knee injury this year or last? Adds some pace.

They did say he was delisted due to his injuries.

Throughandthrough
30-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Did his knee 12 months ago. The cows have said they want to pick him up as a rookie

Axe Man
31-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Is he quick? I never thought of him as having all that much pace, more of a battering ram. Certainly can play, somebody will pick him up. I would definitely rookie him if he's available and a reasonable chance of overcoming his injuries.

Axe Man
31-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Did his knee 12 months ago. The cows have said they want to pick him up as a rookie

Not quite 12 months ago, did it in the pre-season comp.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Under drafting rules, are we able to pick two in the draft and one in delisted free agents?

Axe Man
31-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Under drafting rules, are we able to pick two in the draft and one in delisted free agents?

I don't think so. Pretty sure you have to take at least 3 open list spots to the draft which you can fill with draft picks or rookie upgrades.

The only way we can pick up a delisted player now is via the national or rookie draft.

Twodogs
01-11-2017, 02:05 AM
I don't think so. Pretty sure you have to take at least 3 open list spots to the draft which you can fill with draft picks or rookie upgrades.

The only way we can pick up a delisted player now is via the national or rookie draft.

Could we pay out another contract like we did with Cloke?

Axe Man
01-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Could we pay out another contract like we did with Cloke?

List lodgement 1 was yesterday (which is why a bunch of players got delisted across the league) so I imagine that is it. Not sure if it is permitted to payout and delist someone now, but even if it was it would seem highly unlikely.

Twodogs
01-11-2017, 03:53 PM
List lodgement 1 was yesterday (which is why a bunch of players got delisted across the league) so I imagine that is it. Not sure if it is permitted to payout and delist someone now, but even if it was it would seem highly unlikely.

Cheers Axe Man.

Bulldog Revolution
02-11-2017, 07:42 PM
I always liked Trent McKenzie so it will be interesting to see if he can rediscover some good footy at Port

westdog54
03-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Lachie Keeffe picked up by Gold Coast.

I wonder if we're looking at using pick 82 on a delisted player?

Mantis
03-11-2017, 09:15 AM
I always liked Trent McKenzie so it will be interesting to see if he can rediscover some good footy at Port

What do you like about him?

His contested work is as bad as anyone in the AFL.

Bulldog Revolution
03-11-2017, 09:37 AM
What do you like about him?

His contested work is as bad as anyone in the AFL.

It's all kicking and ball use - I have a recruiting blind spot for playmaking half backs who are elite kicks and can run - my SuperCoach teams have been historically full of the

Lindsay Gilbee - is one of my all time favourites

I do appreciate that the outside receiver is not to everybody's taste

LostDoggy
03-11-2017, 09:55 AM
It's all kicking and ball use - I have a recruiting blind spot for playmaking half backs who are elite kicks and can run - my SuperCoach teams have been historically full of the

Lindsay Gilbee - is one of my all time favourites

I do appreciate that the outside receiver is not to everybody's taste

I agree with you BR. Although very limited, there is something about a player that can move the ball 80-100 metres. He is the type that needs to be in a good team. Jared Polec thrived once getting to Port (despite his limitations inside/contested) and TM is probably more dynamic. May well do SFA but he's a Willy boy so wish him well.

azabob
03-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Lachie Keeffe picked up by Gold Coast.

I wonder if we're looking at using pick 82 on a delisted player?

The Giants signed him.

bornadog
03-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Lindsay Thomas delisted

bulldogtragic
03-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Lindsay Thomas delisted

Wasn't he contracted?

azabob
03-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Wasn't he contracted?

Heading to Port Adelaide

westdog54
03-11-2017, 12:17 PM
The Giants signed him.

I stand corrected.

lemmon
04-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Heading to Port Adelaide

Wow. They've laid their hand on the table and gone all in

bornadog
15-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Ty Vickery retires ( ha ha kicked out, funny on same day his business partner Jake King appears in court on extortion charges )

bulldogtragic
15-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Ty Vickery retires ( ha ha kicked out, funny on same day his business partner Jake King appears in court on extortion charges )

I wonder if he gets the $500,000 in salary he had in contract for 2018?

Mofra
16-11-2017, 11:20 AM
I wonder if he gets the $500,000 in salary he had in contract for 2018?
Apparently yes, or at least a substantial portion of it. It's certainly included in their cap and I was told months ago that Vickery would not be returning to the Hawks in 2018 but that decision was out of Ty's hands. They wanted him out of the club.

bulldogtragic
16-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Apparently yes, or at least a substantial portion of it. It's certainly included in their cap and I was told months ago that Vickery would not be returning to the Hawks in 2018 but that decision was out of Ty's hands. They wanted him out of the club.

Talk about blowing $1,000,000 for absolutely nothing!

bornadog
16-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Talk about blowing $1,000,000 for absolutely nothing!

Hawks have had a few busts with recycling tall players. (Lake the exception)

Axe Man
16-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Hawks have had a few busts with recycling tall players. (Lake the exception)

David Hale worked out alright for them as well.

bulldogtragic
16-11-2017, 11:49 AM
David Hale worked out alright for them as well.

McEvoy, Gunston, Frawley, Gibson.

A million dollars for Vickery to do virtually nothing. That's a howler. Richmond must be stoked watching this.

Axe Man
16-11-2017, 12:15 PM

A million dollars for Vickery to do virtually nothing. That's a howler. Richmond must be stoked watching this.

I liked Titus O'Reily's post on the subject.
https://s7.postimg.org/fg9qdxs4b/Capture.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

macca
16-11-2017, 11:11 PM
It must be one of the few trades where Richmond have come out on TOP
1millionn salary cap free and pick 29 in draft which they got shai Bolton in. 2016

Should be called the victory trade

westdog54
16-11-2017, 11:22 PM

I don't know that any of the above qualify as 'recycled' players given they were actively pursued.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Vickery himself qualifies.

bulldogtragic
16-11-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't know that any of the above qualify as 'recycled' players given they were actively pursued.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Vickery himself qualifies.

Yep, the point being all the same category whether recycled or second home. Hawthorn have done pretty well with getting in tall talent from other clubs. This Vickery blunder aside.

bornadog
16-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Yep, the point being all the same category whether recycled or second home. Hawthorn have done pretty well with getting in tall talent from other clubs. This Vickery blunder aside.

Bowman, Skipper say hello :D

bulldogtragic
16-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Bowman, Skipper say hello :D

Jack Fitzpatrick too. We live in a big glass recruited KPP house. So I don’t throw stones... :D

LostDoggy
17-11-2017, 09:21 AM
I always thought Skipper was a bit hard done by at the Hawks. They picked him up as a DFA Rookie, he played 15 games in 1 year then they cut him again after recruiting Hale and/or McEvoy. I wouldn't classify him as a bust for them.