PDA

View Full Version : 2018 membership pack

ledge
12-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Just got my renewal email , choice of cap or beanie .. Shows a picture , Not sure if it's the new design but it has two little rectangles , one red and one white on a blue beanie.
The cap is blue with red visor
I'm social club so I get the scarfe ( no pic)
Added the 2018 polo $40.
Also VFL member again.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
13-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Beanie looks alright

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Haven't got the email yet but when I come to renew I'll probably go with the beanie again like I did this year. Got quite a number of Bulldog caps now.

azabob
13-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Should this thread be merged with the other 2018 membership thread that was created earlier?

ledge
13-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Should this thread be merged with the other 2018 membership thread that was created earlier?

Maybe .. That one was about figures and expectation though, this is more about what you get and what we are choosing in the pack and what we think of it.

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Maybe .. That one was about figures and expectation though, this is more about what you get and what we are choosing in the pack and what we think of it.

Yeah the one I created more for the membership figures but if the mods want to integrate this thread into that one I reckon that's alright as it is basically on the same topic about Doggies membership.

ledge
13-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Yeah the one I created more for the membership figures but if the mods want to integrate this thread into that one I reckon that's alright as it is basically on the same topic about Doggies membership.
I'm cool with it either way.

KT31
13-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Added the vest to my package, looks ok.

ledge
13-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Added the vest to my package, looks ok.

I like the vest but it has no sleeves and it's a winter sport , it's kind of confusing, warm body cold Arms ? I find it hard to wear more than one thing or I boil , hot blooded maybe.

KT31
13-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I like the vest but it has no sleeves and it's a winter sport , it's kind of confusing, warm body cold Arms ? I find it hard to wear more than one thing or I boil , hot blooded maybe.

Love a good vest, frees up the arms for work etc.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Is Stringer on all the marketing I wonder?

Too late to fix that?

Danny the snakeman
14-09-2017, 02:13 AM
Is Stringer on all the marketing I wonder?

Too late to fix that?

Not on front cover of calendar.

http://www.theaflstore.com.au/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-2018-calendar.html

Eastdog
15-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Beanie looks alright

Certainly have been wearing it a bit this year and is better as the footy season is during all of winter.

Eastdog
15-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Hoping that the 2018 WB member bumper sticker is a good size not too big but not too small either to put on my car. Hopefully like in 2016 we get a range of member stickers.

Eastdog
28-10-2017, 05:11 PM
All paid up for 2018 and chose the beanie.

Danny the snakeman
28-10-2017, 05:20 PM
All paid up for 2018 and chose the beanie.

Same here tho added members polo also.

Eastdog
28-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Same here tho added members polo also.

Hopefully we can win in Perth next year at the new stadium DTS.

Danny the snakeman
28-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Hopefully we can win in Perth next year at the new stadium DTS.

Would be nice, also from a selfish point of view i hope we get two games here.

Eastdog
28-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Would be nice, also from a selfish point of view i hope we get two games here.

Yes I'm very lucky being in Victoria being able to see the Dogs most weeks. It would be difficult for those interstate or overseas to see us live but at least now we have live footy. WOOF gets huge praise from interstate and overseas Doggies.

Eastdog
02-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Got an email from the club this morning.

My membership pack and card are in transit expected to be delievered between 7-14 days.

merantau
13-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Member pack just arrived. Very happy with it. Ticket features a famous EJ mark at Arden Street, Round 2, 1960. Ted is standing on full back, Frank Galle's back to mark over John 'Jerker' Jenkins (196 cm). The North player watching on could be John Waddington. EJ went back and roosted the ball to South Kensington Station - for a point! But we won the game 14.15.99 to 6.17.53. Ted kicked 3 goals. We only won 6 games that year. I was sitting in the grandstand 11 years old with my mate from Braybrook, Richard Crocker. It was a happy train ride home. Go Dogs!

Daughter of the West
13-12-2017, 02:40 PM
My pup's Baby Bulldog Membership arrived yesterday. Sadly his head is too fat for the beanie! (It is still a pretty cute beanie though).

I think I might have to let him wear mine.

Axe Man
13-12-2017, 04:46 PM
My pup's Baby Bulldog Membership arrived yesterday. Sadly his head is too fat for the beanie! (It is still a pretty cute beanie though).

Glad I switched my son to the toddler pack, he's over 18 months now and was born with a head in the 98% percentile so I doubt that beanie would have fit him.

Eastdog
13-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Got my membership pack today as well.

Go Dogs!

Eastdog
14-12-2017, 09:44 PM
For a minute I thought the bumper stickers were going to be hard to see on a white on white background but realised pulling it off slightly that it is white on clear. Will put it on the car after I clean it next. The scarf I reckon better than last year. Thought the beanie for 2017 was better.

Twodogs
14-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Glad I switched my son to the toddler pack, he's over 18 months now and was born with a head in the 98% percentile so I doubt that beanie would have fit him.

Do they still tell you the baby's head circumference on that card they give you with the length and weight and all that? I remember wondering what use knowing the baby's head circumference was. I still don't know and that baby is 19 now.

jazzadogs
14-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Do they still tell you the baby's head circumference on that card they give you with the length and weight and all that? I remember wondering what use knowing the baby's head circumference was. I still don't know and that baby is 19 now.

It's not so much important to know the size of a head at birth, but it's important to have the baseline measurement so that growth of the skull can be monitored. Early fusion of the 'soft spots' in a baby's skull needs to be identified quickly for effective management - they use the percentiles to monitor if the growth slows down.

Twodogs
15-12-2017, 12:28 AM
It's not so much important to know the size of a head at birth, but it's important to have the baseline measurement so that growth of the skull can be monitored. Early fusion of the 'soft spots' in a baby's skull needs to be identified quickly for effective management - they use the percentiles to monitor if the growth slows down.

TBH they could have told me anything at that stage and I wouldn't have questioned it. It had been a very long labour and I think the gas was still affecting me.

The baby's HC is probably of more than a passing interest to mum too given she's just pushed it out.

ledge
15-12-2017, 01:18 PM
I had two kids and didn't feel a thing :-)

Eastdog
15-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Member pack just arrived. Very happy with it. Ticket features a famous EJ mark at Arden Street, Round 2, 1960. Ted is standing on full back, Frank Galle's back to mark over John 'Jerker' Jenkins (196 cm). The North player watching on could be John Waddington. EJ went back and roosted the ball to South Kensington Station - for a point! But we won the game 14.15.99 to 6.17.53. Ted kicked 3 goals. We only won 6 games that year. I was sitting in the grandstand 11 years old with my mate from Braybrook, Richard Crocker. It was a happy train ride home. Go Dogs!

That's great merantau! 58 years ago nearly!

swampdau
16-12-2017, 11:17 AM
i got my scarf and beanie last night but i got two mugs and no membership card. am i right to assume that i should only have got one mug but got the member pack with card and stickers etc?

bornadog
16-12-2017, 05:13 PM
i got my scarf and beanie last night but i got two mugs and no membership card. am i right to assume that i should only have got one mug but got the member pack with card and stickers etc?

You need to ring the membership dept. Doesn't sound right

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 05:21 PM
You need to ring the membership dept. Doesn't sound right

Yep that would be the best thing to do. Got my scarf, beanie, membership card and stickers altogether.

swampdau
18-12-2017, 02:08 PM
crisis averted. there was a second package which arrived this morning, containing the membership card. still not sure why i got two mugs though....

LostDoggy
20-12-2017, 08:36 PM
My pack arrived today, happy with it we got the blanket with ours so happy with the change up

Eastdog
20-12-2017, 09:36 PM
crisis averted. there was a second package which arrived this morning, containing the membership card. still not sure why i got two mugs though....

Good to hear swampdau it all worked out in the end with getting the membership card which is the most important thing in the pack.

AndrewP6
21-12-2017, 01:02 AM
Mine arrived today. Happy with it all, except for the fact I'm sure I ordered the beanie, and I got the cap. Don't like the cap at all, going to get in touch with them tomorrow to see if I can do a swap. Or I'll just wear this year's beanie.

Eastdog
21-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Mine arrived today. Happy with it all, except for the fact I'm sure I ordered the beanie, and I got the cap. Don't like the cap at all, going to get in touch with them tomorrow to see if I can do a swap. Or I'll just wear this year's beanie.

Yeah I liked the beanie we got this year. Certainly wore it a number of times in those cold winter months.

Eastdog
21-12-2017, 10:47 PM
2017 yearbook arrived today. Great front cover and back cover featuring Bob and Matt.

ratsmac
22-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Has anyone successfully swapped the cap for something else? I personally hate it and so does my 17 year old son. I would much prefer a beanie or scarf. I can't recall getting a choice this year as I did last year.

Eastdog
22-12-2017, 01:43 AM
The sticker range is good. More size variety compared to only one last year.

We did again get the choice between the cap and beanie again for the 2018 membership.

I believe that every member regardless of Level gets the scarf now or is just the social club members which I'm one myself.

Webby
22-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Has anyone successfully swapped the cap for something else? I personally hate it and so does my 17 year old son. I would much prefer a beanie or scarf. I can't recall getting a choice this year as I did last year.

Yeah I did mine over the phone and thankfully, (it would seem!) I chose the beanies.
I also chose the new vest for the whole family, so hopefully they don't disappoint!

Daughter of the West
22-12-2017, 10:10 AM

I got the cap as well and was surprised that I would have chosen that, your comment now makes me think that I probably didn't... And agreed, I don't particularly like the cap either.

Axe Man
22-12-2017, 10:46 AM

There was an email where you got to choose between a cap, beanie or scarf. The default choice was a cap.

I believe that every member regardless of Level gets the scarf now or is just the social club members which I'm one myself.

No, non-social club members do not get a scarf unless they choose one over a cap or beanie.

Yeah I did mine over the phone and thankfully, (it would seem!) I chose the beanies.
I also chose the new vest for the whole family, so hopefully they don't disappoint!

That must be one big vest!

I meant to choose the beanie myself but forgot so I also received the disappointing cap.

LostDoggy
22-12-2017, 09:17 PM
The beanie is so much worse, really, really bad!

LostDoggy
22-12-2017, 09:18 PM

The vest is quite nice, reversible as well.

The Adelaide Connection
23-12-2017, 03:33 PM
The beanie is so much worse, really, really bad!

Personally, I love it. The reality is there is no way you will please 50,000 people no matter what you put out.

Twodogs
23-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Personally, I love it. The reality is there is no way you will please 50,000 people no matter what you put out.

So true.

I haven't got my footy loot yet so if you have a cap or a scarf or a beanie then you are one up on me!

KT31
24-12-2017, 01:03 AM

Looks ok but zipper is a bit dodgy.

Webby
24-12-2017, 01:15 PM

What colour is the reverse side? Navy?

LostDoggy
24-12-2017, 09:40 PM

Grey. Will try and post pictures when I get a chance.

merantau
24-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I got a blanket as well as a cap. The blanket was unexpected Maybe they looked at my age. Not sure how I feel about that!

Twodogs
24-12-2017, 11:00 PM
I got a blanket as well as a cap. The blanket was unexpected Maybe they looked at my age. Not sure how I feel about that!

Oh! I hope I get a blanket.

KT31
24-12-2017, 11:09 PM

Grey. Will try and post pictures when I get a chance.

Mines navy on the reverse.