PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me ???

Scraggers
12-09-2017, 10:16 PM
So when I'm driving, my car radio starts out at about Toby McLean; but if the air-con is on then it will sit anywhere from Tom Liberatore to Shane Biggs. Unless a good song comes on ... I tend to turn it up to Tory Dickson or even up to Caleb Daniel. Of course, if you get AC/DC, Midnight Oil or Cold Chisel then it will go all the way up to Liam Picken.

My beard trimmer sits at Lachie Hunter in winter and Marcus Bontempelli in summer.

All countdowns start at Easton Wood and finish at Matty Suckling ... but when the kids are doing the wrong thing, I give them until Mitch Wallis to get their butts into gear.

So ... Is it just me ??

bulldogtragic
12-09-2017, 10:22 PM
*!*!*!*! this is scary. Second it.

I was going to post this last week, but couldn't work out how to articulate it. For memory short cuts, I use players or former players. But for which is interesting. Recently I found myself trying to remember my car park on level Chris Grant, park Doug Hawkins. All my little things I use for memorising something are former and current players, parking time, references, settings, everything. I'm not sure I didn't go with EJ Whitten and Scott West though.

Twodogs
12-09-2017, 10:33 PM
All the time.

It's how I taught my kids to count.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2017, 10:35 PM
All the time.

It's how I taught my kids to count.

Strictly current players, or combo of both?

Max469
12-09-2017, 11:01 PM
I tell everyone that I sit on Gia's lap at the footy. Yep seat 13

LostDoggy
12-09-2017, 11:18 PM
We have a couple of digital clocks at work that are set to show tme the 24h scale eg. 15:24, far to often Ill look at the time and see how many bulldog player numbers I can make out .

15:24

1 - suckers
5 - boyd
2 - bob
4 - bont
15 - big tom
24 - biggs
12 - zane
14 - clay

Twodogs
13-09-2017, 12:01 AM
Strictly current players, or combo of both?

IIRC for twopups it went "Andrew Wills is number 1, Steve Kolyniuk is number 2, Chris Gramt is number 3, Simon Garlick is number 4, Bubba Smith is number 5, Brad Johnson is number 6, Scott West is number 7, Mitch Hahn is number 8, Paul Hudson is number 9 and Nathan Eagleton is number 10." so must have been around 99-00 and for herself it started with Farren Ray and Bob Murphy and had Daniel Cross in there but the rest were the same. Must have been 2005 or 06 I guess.

I'd recommend it as a system. It was a lot of fun.

1eyedog
13-09-2017, 01:13 AM
What about Tatts numbers? Horse numbers? Hell if a guy is wearing number 3 in the Stawell Gift I'm on him.

ledge
13-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Funny my dad used to do the bingo at sunshine RSL , I rolled up with a couple of mates (I am talking 1980s) we had a few beers and went into bingo , everytime my dad called out a number we called out the first VFL player to come to mind, didn't matter what team. We ended up getting booted out, but it was hilarious.

ledge
13-09-2017, 01:43 AM
I went and saw Stephen Kings "IT" the other day and 27 came up a lot, even worked out when the first one was made (1990) I was 27 . The clown comes back every 27 years and the actor who plays Pennywise turned 27 during the movie, since then any thing I do that relates to picking numbers 27 is first off the cuff.
Nothing to do with footy I know but just found it a sign.

Twodogs
13-09-2017, 01:45 AM
Funny my dad used to do the bingo at sunshine RSL , I rolled up with a couple of mates (I am talking 1980s) we had a few beers and went into bingo , everytime my dad called out a number we called out the first VFL player to come to mind, didn't matter what team. We ended up getting booted out, but it was hilarious.

At the DJ Evans hall?

ledge
13-09-2017, 04:42 AM
At the DJ Evans hall?

Geez man You are as old as me I remember going there when dad was the darts champion and they had the huge snooker tables, actually dropped in a month ago and saw my dads name on one of the darts flags.

Twodogs
13-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Geez man You are as old as me I remember going there when dad was the darts champion and they had the huge snooker tables, actually dropped in a month ago and saw my dads name on one of the darts flags.

I had my 21st at DJ Evans in 1985.

ledge
13-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Mine was at the railway hall behind the squash courts off south road in 1984.

craigsahibee
13-09-2017, 08:59 AM
The last 4 numbers of my rarely used land line number at home (unless your from the Mumbai Admin Centre of the Australian Taxation Office warning me that I'm about to be arrested) are Premiership Year, Mr Football. 5403. A combination of probably our greatest player in our greatest ever year (pre 2016).

One of my previous work mobile numbers ended in 8507. Again, one of our greatest players in a great(ish) year.

craigsahibee
13-09-2017, 09:05 AM

I use past players numbers to call out my scores after each hole on the golf course when I play (rarely). Far too many Ian Morrison's and Stan Davidson's (post 53) to impact my handicap. :D

jazzadogs
13-09-2017, 11:08 AM
When I can't sleep instead of counting sheep I run through the Bulldogs playing list in number order. Sometimes I try to give myself a challenge by going back to another year.
Doesn't always work for putting me to sleep though because I get so desperate to know the answers!

Twodogs
13-09-2017, 02:19 PM
When I can't sleep instead of counting sheep I run through the Bulldogs playing list in number order. Sometimes I try to give myself a challenge by going back to another year.
Doesn't always work for putting me to sleep though because I get so desperate to know the answers!

I commentate cricket games where I am bowling to Mark Taylor. That'd be enough to put anyone to sleep.

dadsgirl16
13-09-2017, 09:36 PM
At work I post to general ledger numbers and that's the way I remember them..also won a little bit on last years Melb Cup (17)

KT31
13-09-2017, 10:06 PM

I do the same thing, sometimes I try numbers by decades as well.
Couple of times I've had to pull out the ipad to look up numbers and get stuck awake with a quick look at Woof.:)

Twodogs
13-09-2017, 10:11 PM
I do the same thing, sometimes I try numbers by decades as well.
Couple of times I've had to pull out the ipad to look up numbers and get stuck awake with a quick look at Woof.:)

What's numbers by decades?

I can be watching a show or reading a book and they will mention a sum or an equation and that's me done. I have to check that it's right. Old time footy scores have to be checked to make sure they all add up. I can get a bit obsessive at times about numbers.

KT31
13-09-2017, 10:28 PM
What's numbers by decades?
Example say you decide on the 80's.

1 - Andrew Purser
2- Sewell
3- Kellett
4- Hardie
5- Shorty
et cetera

Murphy'sLore
13-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I amuse myself when walking the dog by taking the house numbers and applying an appropriate player description eg number 2, good for its age; number 9, FOR SALE, that kind of thing.

I also do the same as jazzadogs when I can't sleep but I go backwards.

SquirrelGrip
13-09-2017, 11:02 PM
I went and saw Stephen Kings "IT" the other day and 27 came up a lot, even worked out when the first one was made (1990) I was 27 . The clown comes back every 27 years and the actor who plays Pennywise turned 27 during the movie, since then any thing I do that relates to picking numbers 27 is first off the cuff.
Nothing to do with footy I know but just found it a sign.

Nothing to do with footy? Luke Penny was no. 27!

westdog54
14-09-2017, 12:03 AM

The treasurer at Bacchus Marsh Bowls Club is also one of the bingo callers.

An avid Melbourne supporter, you'll often hear 'Ron Barassi, 3 and 1, 31.'

Twodogs
14-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Example say you decide on the 80's.

1 - Andrew Purser
2- Sewell
3- Kellett
4- Hardie
5- Shorty
et cetera

Cheers KT. That'd just get my whirling worse I reckon. I'd just have to know who number 60 was in 1987 or I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Danny the snakeman
14-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Anything to do with 7 is a "Dougie" for me. 7 = dougie 21=3 dougies.

Scraggers
14-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Anything to do with 7 is a "Dougie" for me. 7 = dougie 21=3 dougies.

7th of July is Dougie Day ... a non-public holiday observed in my family

Twodogs
14-09-2017, 12:44 PM
7th of July is Dougie Day ... a non-public holiday observed in my family

Doug misses inaugurating 1977 as the first Doug Hawkins day by 1 year. He debuted in 1978 but at least he had the good grace to make it April Fools day, 1/4/1978.

Bulldog4life
14-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Born the same year as my wife Td. A very good year.:)

Twodogs
14-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Born the same year as my wife Td. A very good year.:)

1964 was a wonderful year for babies.