PDA

View Full Version : Rumour rumour - fact fact

ledge
13-09-2017, 11:11 AM
So we have rumours going around like a cyclone at the club . I am sick and hurt by them and am over them all, we seem to be going round in circles discussing them ( or I do )
Can we make this post just a facts post and only put what we know Is fact so hopefully we can clear up things or at least know where we are actually at ?
The only fact I have is
1 Mitch Wallis had reported Stringer needs to be more committed.
2 Bob Murphy is shocked about trade talk.
3 PG has come out and denied a lot of the stuff is true ( what stuff we don't actually know)
That's really all the facts I have the rest is by reporters who love to start rumours and blow up stuff.
I don't want to hear reporters claims here I want facts from the club or players.
So if you have any facts and can actually confirm please add. It's doing my head in!

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Good thread ledge. Let's deal with facts not fantasy.

cinder
13-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Anyone have the PG comments link?

1eyedog
13-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Ledge you seem to be the only one in the universe who is unsure about what is happening with Stringer. The drums sound very loud to me and I think the silence from the club is deafening.

I understand you not wanting to jump at shadows but don't stress yourself out waiting to hear an official statement from the club. There will be nothing from us until the lead up to trade week.

ledge
13-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Ledge you seem to be the only one in the universe who is unsure about what is happening with Stringer. The drums sound very loud to me and I think the silence from the club is deafening.

I understand you not wanting to jump at shadows but don't stress yourself out waiting to hear an official statement from the club. There will be nothing from us until the lead up to trade week.

I remember PG coming out after the Boyd trade and saying we won't say anything until things are done.

Wouldn't say I'm the only one, the media comes out with different stories about it every day and comments keep happening on here about it,so no ones sure what the hell is happening.
That's why I started this thread.
Facts only on everything. Not just Stringer , I'm reading Gary Kent has gone too but give me the fact !
If you have a fact post it here but only fact .

bornadog
13-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Anyone have the PG comments link?

The only thing I have seen/heard was when PG was on 774 in his normal Friday slot at 9.30am. John Faine asked him about Stringer and he was a little aloof and said all players are under review as we didn't make finals.

Happy Days
13-09-2017, 12:46 PM
I feel like the only difference between a rumour and a fact on here sometimes is whether or not we like the implication.

ledge
13-09-2017, 12:50 PM
I feel like the only difference between a rumour and a fact on here sometimes is whether or not we like the implication.

Well we are all bulldogs and defend the club I guess. No one likes to hear bad stuff.

cinder
13-09-2017, 12:52 PM
The only thing I have seen/heard was when PG was on 774 in his normal Friday slot at 9.30am. John Faine asked him about Stringer and he was a little aloof and said all players are under review as we didn't make finals.

Yeah. He commented on the 'in-fighting' back in June/July but not on this recent stuff as far as I know.

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 01:38 PM

Stringer certainly would not have been the only one who got some things told during his exit interview. Others who have been out of form this year would have been told very similar things.

Rocket Science
13-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Fact: We bounced from implosion - to flag - to implosion again apparently, so clearly there's another flag coming next.

Fantasy: Barracking for the Dogs not being an emotional roller coaster.

MrMahatma
13-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Is it a fact that Libba is going to be starting pre-season 2 weeks early? I've read it... and hope it's fact. Good on him.

ledge
13-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Is it a fact that Libba is going to be starting pre-season 2 weeks early? I've read it... and hope it's fact. Good on him.

According to his manager and the club yes, so I would base that as fact and he isn't going anywhere .

always right
13-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Whether it's the fault of the club or the player, I will be suitably pissed off if we blow any chance of sustained success. Why does everything about our club appear so difficult?

1eyedog
13-09-2017, 07:05 PM
It's ok I'm still ok with everything. I mean when was the last time St. Kilda, Melbourne or Richmond won a flag? Things aren't that bad.

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Fact: Jake Stringer is parting ways with us.

GVGjr
13-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Fact: Jake Stringer is parting ways with us.

Not quite, the fact is both the club and player are looking at other options.
A logical conclusion Easty but not fact yet :)

Eastdog
13-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Not quite, the fact is both the club and player are looking at other options.
A logical conclusion Easty but not fact yet :)

Quite right GVGjr :)

ledge
13-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Fact Jake stringer will be put up for trade and traded if the club is satisfied with the offer otherwise he stays with us and hopefully sorts out his life.

Throughandthrough
14-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Fact: He's a party boy and younger players have been warned by management to be wary of spending time with him away from Footy.

Topdog
14-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Fact: He's a party boy and younger players have been warned by management to be wary of spending time with him away from Footy.

See to me that is rumour

BornInDroopSt'54
14-09-2017, 02:04 PM
If you only want facts you will be a lonely person. Life and football are about human reaction, human nature.
" I think therefore I am" is the only certain fact and even that should be "I doubt therefore I am". The only certainty is uncertainty.
The good news is that life is better without having to rely on cold hard certainties. Trust your instincts and trust others without expecting facts every time.

Twodogs
14-09-2017, 02:07 PM
If you only want facts you will be a lonely person. Life and football are about human reaction, human nature.
" I think therefore I am" is the only certain fact and even that should be "I doubt therefore I am". The only certainty is uncertainty.
The good news is that life is better without having to rely on cold hard certainties. Trust your instincts and trust others without expecting facts every time.

Oh god no, Not Cartesian logic. I can never win a debate when Rene raises his ugly head!:)

Jake would probably be better going with "no man is an island entire of itself." They are good words to keep in mind no matter who you are.

Murphy'sLore
14-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I love when Decartes and Donne are raised in football discussion :)

Only on WOOF!

hujsh
14-09-2017, 04:27 PM

The facts very much matter in a situation like this. If the the innuendo around him is true or false to me has a massive bearing on his ability to reach his potential as well as the possible consequences of keeping him at the club.

The bulldog tragician
14-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Only on WOOF!

When did they play? Half back flankers in the 60s, from memory?

westdog54
14-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Oh god no, Not Cartesian logic. I can never win a debate when Rene raises his ugly head!:)

Jake would probably be better going with "no man is an island entire of itself." They are good words to keep in mind no matter who you are.

Reminds me of an joke an old nun once told me.

Descartes was sitting in his favourite restaurant, when the waiter approached and asked "Would you like to order a drink, monsieur?"

Rene replied "I think not." He vanished and was never seen again.

GVGjr
14-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Well this thread has taken a huge turn for the worse. Most of you should know a lot better than to be making subtle references I've just read.

The thread title is pretty clear cut, discuss reported facts not 2nd hand information from mates.

I'm cleaning off a few posts, contact me if you wish to discuss.

ledge
14-09-2017, 08:23 PM
I just caught the end of a radio report that Kelly signed for another two years , can anyone report it as fact ?

chef
14-09-2017, 08:33 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/908252024231280640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.h tml%23908252024231280640

Into Crozier apparenty

bulldogtragic
14-09-2017, 08:43 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/908252024231280640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.h tml%23908252024231280640

Into Crozier apparenty

I like Davo tweeting back that Dal wanted Crozier but BMac over rode him to get Smith. Another BMac list legacy. Interested in the 10 suns players on the trade table.

What would Crozier cost I wonder?

Remi Moses
14-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Bit tough tragic on McCartney . Crozier has been in and out at Freo his whole career, and before this year Smith has had more runs in the board , even after all those recos .

chef
I like Davo tweeting back that Dal wanted Crozier but BMac over rode him to get Smith. Another BMac list legacy. Interested in the 10 suns players on the trade table.

Would love Saad from GC, just what we need.

Crozier for our Kangas pick?

bornadog
I just caught the end of a radio report that Kelly signed for another two years , can anyone report it as fact ?

Not fact, he has put it off till next week

bulldogtragic
14-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Would love Saad from GC, just what we need.

Crozier for our Kangas pick?

Ohhhh. Foot skills. I wonder if Kolo is on the table too? I'd take GAJ for two years in the right head space and fitness too. And Peter Wright.

Imagine having a whole punch of players who can hit targets kicking inside 50. Stuff of dreams.

Remi Moses
14-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Saad fits our needs perfectly . More than Crozier I would have thought

Ozza
14-09-2017, 11:14 PM

Was pretty happy with the BMac list legacy when Smith was BOG in a prelim win.

merantau
15-09-2017, 02:39 AM

Only on WOOF!

Speaking of philosophers
https://youtu.be/B6nI1v7mwwA

chef
15-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Was pretty happy with the BMac list legacy when Smith was BOG in a prelim win.

Yep. Clay will always be a legend of our club, we wouldn't win that game without him.

Daughter of the West
15-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Speaking of philosophers
https://youtu.be/B6nI1v7mwwA

I thought of the Philosopher's Song, but that's just as good.

I was musing before that the first (and up until now) only place I'd heard of Decartes was via Monty Python, where he was referred to as a drunken fart!

EasternWest
15-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Yep. Clay will always be a legend of our club, we wouldn't win that game without him.

For me, the best thing he did was go in lower and harder against Griffen in a 50-50 that led to Daniel goaling. A player without the intensity of Smith might have lost that 50-50.

Twodogs
15-09-2017, 11:22 AM

I was musing before that the first (and up until now) only place I'd heard of Decartes was via Monty Python, where he was referred to as a drunken fart!

I was convinced that "I think therefore I am" meant something different to what it actually meant and used to taunt my dad with what I thought Cartesian logic meant. But I think now that I just thought that the word Cartesian sounded pretty cool.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-09-2017, 11:48 AM

That's the million dollar question. The answer my friend is blown in the wind but when it blows in, we'll have a better idea but not necessarily a fact about what we may get for Jake.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-09-2017, 01:13 PM

The Greeks win that game unfortunately, because the referees favour logic and facts. However the Germans are much more interesting and intuitive and are looking good for the next century. Immanuel Kant is one to watch, has some lovely preconceived ideas and a beautiful kicking action. Nota bene: This German philosophers team bear little resemblance to the real German soccer team who are more like the Greek philosophers in style.oo

Twodogs
15-09-2017, 02:51 PM
The Greeks win that game unfortunately, because the referees favour logic and facts. However the Germans are much more interesting and intuitive and are looking good for the next century. Immanuel Kant is one to watch, has some lovely preconceived ideas and a beautiful kicking action. Nota bene: This German philosophers team bear little resemblance to the real German soccer team who are more like the Greek philosophers in style.oo

Don't forget the Brazillian soccer team if the '80s. They had Plato and Socrates playing for them.

doughawkinswing
16-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Just realised I posted this in a FACT thread, dear me. Please move or delete mods! Cheers

Can imagine you'll all take with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as it's my second post and that's fair enough! But the mail I'm getting here suggests that Jakey was pretty straight laced, straight home after training etc, isolated from the party side of things as a really young recruit as he'd have the kids to tend to at home every day. Since his split he's had trouble with the moderation side of things, lacking the grounding and structure he'd become so used to as a young fellow.

bulldogtragic
16-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Can imagine you'll all take with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as it's my second post and that's fair enough! But the mail I'm getting here suggests that Jakey was pretty straight laced, straight home after training etc, isolated from the party side of things as a really young recruit as he'd have the kids to tend to at home every day. Since his split he's had trouble with the moderation side of things, lacking the grounding and structure he'd become so used to as a young fellow.

Tends to be similar mail around. My guess from mail, media, interviews and stuff you read on here from informed folks is the club has tried to address things with him and it got to a tipping point with the club, coaches and players. It's a tough life lesson for him now to admit mistakes, to make success. Or react ala Homer Simpson and say 'everyone's wrong but me'. If he wants the trade out then it's the right call for the club. If he has the guts and personal strength to admit failings, meaningfully promise to do what he needs to do and work at repairing trust and relationships then my view of him will rise strongly. I hope the latter, but it's clear that things aren't simple here as much as we probably all want them to be. But that's life.

Great to have you on board too!

ledge
18-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Fact , kelly signed at GWS for another two years.
Fact Hinkley is a big talking point for the GC job.. Wait for the outcome.

Topdog
18-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Fact: Most journalists in the footy world are guessing a lot

Remi Moses
18-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Fact- There are to many talking heads earning a living in this caper
Far to mutch scuttlebutt

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-09-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm still waiting for David Swartz to apologise for his baseless crap about Johannisen. I wonder if someone from the club is having a lend of him

ledge
19-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Fact Hinkley staying

Remi Moses
19-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Well played Ken Hinkley and his manager
Gold Coast come sniffing and very public about it , and Koch soils his strides and gives him a contract extension

ledge
19-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Well played Ken Hinkley and his manager
Gold Coast come sniffing and very public about it , and Koch soils his strides and gives him a contract extension

It's actually quite different apparently .. GC weren't sniffing , Hinkley approached them !
Bang same result and manager deserves his percentage.