PDA

View Full Version : Stringer to break silence

bornadog
19-09-2017, 10:15 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/531569-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

JAKE Stringer will break his silence on his split with the Western Bulldogs on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old is on the trade table despite being contracted for 2018 after a dramatic falling out with coach Luke Beveridge (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-13/beveridge-confirms-stringer-is-on-trade-table).

The premiership forward played only 16 games this season, as poor form coincided with off field issues.
He's scheduled to speak at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio at 11am AEST.
AFL.com.au will stream the event live, ahead of Trade Radio's return to the website and AFL Live App in the first week of October.

The launch will include also include appearances from leading player agents Paul Connors and Liam Pickering as well as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro.

Since its humble beginnings on AFL.com.au, Trade Radio has evolved into a news-making machine during the annual trade and free agency period

bulldogsthru&thru
19-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Well i guess he's gone then. You don't go onto trade radio to say you hope to stay. What a weird scenario this is

Rocket Science
19-09-2017, 11:46 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/531569-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

JAKE Stringer will break his silence on his split with the Western Bulldogs on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old is on the trade table despite being contracted for 2018 after a dramatic falling out with coach Luke Beveridge (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-13/beveridge-confirms-stringer-is-on-trade-table).

The premiership forward played only 16 games this season, as poor form coincided with off field issues.
He's scheduled to speak at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio at 11am AEST.
AFL.com.au will stream the event live, ahead of Trade Radio's return to the website and AFL Live App in the first week of October.

The launch will include also include appearances from leading player agents Paul Connors and Liam Pickering as well as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro.

Since its humble beginnings on AFL.com.au, Trade Radio has evolved into a news-making machine during the annual trade and free agency period

FFS turn it up Hutchy.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Libba at 11.30am is on Sorry For This Year I'm Going Put In A Huge 2018 Radio

Should be a good interview.

Twodogs
19-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Libba at 11.30am is on Sorry For This Year I'm Going Put In A Huge 2018 Radio

Should be a good interview.

Drive us to more premierships and all is forgiven Libba.

The Doctor
19-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Jake looks nervous and a lost soul. He needs an arm around him and a good mentor.

Happy Days
19-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Jake looks nervous and a lost soul. He needs an arm around him and a good mentor.

Think he looks heartbroken personally. His words and the words of his cretinous manager were worlds apart; if Jake had his druthers I think he'd prefer to stay and this all didn't happen.

lemmon
19-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Anyone listen in?

Happy Days
19-09-2017, 12:21 PM
He also seemed to say that Beveridge hadn't spoken to him?

bornadog
19-09-2017, 12:23 PM
He also seemed to say that Beveridge hadn't spoken to him?

That is just a lie

Happy Days
19-09-2017, 12:25 PM
That is just a lie

I think I misheard it, or maybe Jake misspoke.

Also there was a gem from Barrett; "is it true that you were late to training, trying to organise care for your two young children?"

EDIT - here's the quote:

"Stringer said he was unsure of the reasons he had been put up for trade: "I don't know the exact details on why. I haven't spoken to Bevo. I've spoken to (list manager) Jason McCartney about those type of things."

hujsh
19-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Also there was a gem from Barrett; "is it true that you were late to training, trying to organise care for your two young children?"

EDIT - here's the quote:

"Stringer said he was unsure of the reasons he had been put up for trade: "I don't know the exact details on why. I haven't spoken to Bevo. I've spoken to (list manager) Jason McCartney about those type of things."
Yeah that one was great.

"Beveridge orders Stringer to leave kids on the street! More on page 4"

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 12:34 PM
The meeting was Bevo, JMac & Chris Grant. Three divisions of the footy dept/club involved. So the club seems as one.

Connors: Jake will nominate a single club to trade to
Connors: Jake will play in Victoria next year, and many of them have already enquired about him.
Stringer: Completely surprised by critiques. Put in a huge pre season.
Stringer: Loves the club and members (doesn't want to necessarily go)
Connors: It's not irretrievable (but then says he will be playing elsewhere)
Stringer: (about what he can improve specifically) I'm a young guy and I've learnt a lot.

always right
19-09-2017, 12:36 PM
We're not getting the full picture here whether it be from the club or Stringer, going by his comments at today's trade radio interview.

UNWANTED Western Bulldog Jake Stringer says he hasn't spoken to senior coach Luke Beveridge as he seeks a new club.

Beveridge told the Herald Sun last week while Stringer could still remain at the Dogs, both parties agreed to explore other options.

Stringer said he was uncertain why things had gone pear-shaped at the Bulldogs, but refuted suggestions him being late for training was a catalyst in the Dogs' willingness to offload the goalkicker.

"I had a good season but things have changed, I'm still contracted there , there's plenty of time and it's early but we will see what happens in the next three weeks.

"I'd be lying if I sat here and said I'd done everything right. I had a difficult year this year, we will see what happens but I'm confident I can get back to playing some good footy.

"I don't know the details on why, I haven't spoken to Bevo, there's a whole lots of things I could have done better. Training, games, a whole life sort of thing for me.

"I'm only young. I've never been late to training, Abbey is fully supportive of me, she's always there for the kids, so I've never been late or anything like that.

"You do everything you can, week in, week out, giving everything you can for your team mates, I feel like I did that last year and this year as well."

bornadog
19-09-2017, 12:38 PM

EDIT - here's the quote:

I am saying Stringer is lying that he hasn't spoken to Bevo.

Mofra
19-09-2017, 12:38 PM
I really hope he gets offered unders, we say trades are unacceptable and we decide to keep him. Will provide a real rocket to get him to knuckle down and lift his standards.

cinder
19-09-2017, 12:40 PM
I am saying Stringer is lying that he hasn't spoken to Bevo.

WTF is going on here, why would he say that? I think this confirms he has some serious problems.

bornadog
19-09-2017, 12:41 PM
We're not getting the full picture here whether it be from the club or Stringer, going by his comments at today's trade radio interview.

UNWANTED Western Bulldog Jake Stringer says he hasn't spoken to senior coach Luke Beveridge as he seeks a new club.

Beveridge told the Herald Sun last week while Stringer could still remain at the Dogs, both parties agreed to explore other options.

Stringer said he was uncertain why things had gone pear-shaped at the Bulldogs, but refuted suggestions him being late for training was a catalyst in the Dogs' willingness to offload the goalkicker.

"I had a good season but things have changed, I'm still contracted there , there's plenty of time and it's early but we will see what happens in the next three weeks.

"I'd be lying if I sat here and said I'd done everything right. I had a difficult year this year, we will see what happens but I'm confident I can get back to playing some good footy.

"I don't know the details on why, I haven't spoken to Bevo, there's a whole lots of things I could have done better. Training, games, a whole life sort of thing for me.

"I'm only young. I've never been late to training, Abbey is fully supportive of me, she's always there for the kids, so I've never been late or anything like that.

"You do everything you can, week in, week out, giving everything you can for your team mates, I feel like I did that last year and this year as well."

Don't believe a word Jake has said, but then in public you don't want to make a fool of yourself. But this bullshit that he doesn't know why the club wants to trade him - pull the other one.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Don't believe a word Jake has said, but then in public you don't want to make a fool of yourself. But this bullshit that he doesn't know why the club wants to trade him - pull the other one.

If people believe this, I have some magic beans for sale. A great price.

The Doctor
19-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Connors did say early in the interview that the situation was not irretrievable

Rocket Science
19-09-2017, 12:46 PM

There's no way Connors would've allowed him up there if he was going to say anything detrimental to his client's market value, nor his commission.

Find the whole charade a bit unsavoury given Jake's obvious unease.

Also find the account of events a bit mystifying: Exit interview went fine, then we place a later phone call to say, 'actually bud, scratch that, we've decided to trade you'.

Righto.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 12:48 PM
I think this is just likely to piss Bevo off more. If anyone at the club needed convincing that Bevo was right to be upset, here you go.

Grantysghost
19-09-2017, 12:53 PM
That's the strangest thing I've ever seen from a contracted player. Who is giving this guy advice on what moves to make? He even made a joke when asked would anyone else be traded he said "I don't know, I didn't know I was going to be" and laughed. Bevo will be further aggrieved by this apparent hit back at him coming out publicly with Slobbo last week.

Daughter of the West
19-09-2017, 12:53 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry, but all of this is giving me the sh*ts.

At what point does a so called "professional" club put up a player of Jake's calibre for trade, but then apparently the coach hasn't spoken to him? And of course, it's the Bulldogs.

And, no worries, we'll get bent over in a trade because we couldn't manage whatever the hell Jake's problem was and we've told the world he had a problem (but apparently not Jake himself).

And all the speculation, crap swirling online, rubbish from both sides, radio silence from the president only serves to make it worse. The whole thing playing out in the media, but no actual reasons.

AND ALL BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN ENDED PROPERLY! UGH!!

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I never actually know what has gone on. Much like Ggrryypphhonnne. Luckily that served us well, but I just don't see it in this scenario. And believe me, I mourned like I'd lost a relative when Shocktober went down.

...Thank you for indulging me a rant. I needed that.

bornadog
19-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Jake Stringer says Western Bulldogs offer to trade him left him ‘upset’ and full of ‘shock’ (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jake-stringer-says-western-bulldogs-offer-to-trade-him-left-him-upset-and-full-of-shock/news-story/72a91f67056d69424f7eb4eacd0f86a8)

A DEVASTATED Jake Stringer has opened up for the first time since becoming out of favour at the Western Bulldogs, admitting he was full of “shock” and “upset” when he was told he was up for trade.

Stringer, a premiership player last season and an All-Australian in 2015, endured a difficult campaign both on and off the field this year.

The 23-year-old and the Dogs have since agreed both parties could benefit if they parted ways, with coach Luke Beveridge claiming the move was a mutual decision by the Bulldogs and Stringer.

His manager, Paul Connors, said Stringer was a “certainty” to be at a Victorian-based club in 2018.

Asked what his first thoughts were when the Bulldogs told him they’d consider putting him up for trade, Stringer said he was “shocked and upset.”

“I played in a premiership with them, I love all the boys, I love the members, I love the club,” Stringer said at the NAB AFL Trade Radio launch.

“It was a shock to me, but I’ve just got to move on and we’ll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.”
Stringer was adamant that he gave his all for the Bulldogs both in 2016 and 2017, but “unfortunately things have changed”.

He admitted he had made mistakes in the past, but refuted suggestions he had been late to training.

“It’s just a whole lot of things I could have done better. Whether it was training or games or the whole life sort of thing for me,” Stringer said.

“I’m young and I had a difficult time this year. I am pretty confident that I can get back to playing some good footy. I’ve never been late to training.”

Stringer said Beveridge hadn’t personally informed him of the specificities around why he was let go, but understood that some habits at training and on gameday didn’t meet the Bulldogs’ standards.

“I’ve learnt a fair bit this year,” Stringer said.

Connors confirmed his player would not be playing outside of Victoria next year, with Essendon leading the charge to sign the All-Australian forward.

“Jake will be playing in Victoria next year, that’s one certainty I can give you,” Connors said.
“There is a few clubs without us having to tell you exactly who you are. We would prefer not to.”

Connors said Stringer would nominate which club he wanted to go to “in the next few weeks”, but the young forward is yet to decide what the club is.

“I think so (we will select a destination club),” Connors said.
“I think that’s fair. Just to reiterate, Jake didn’t seek a trade but now that we’ve got to this stage we probably need to see it through.

Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro confirmed the Dons had met with Stringer.
“It is still early days and there is a lot to play out,” Dodoro said.

“We had coffee with Jake and I’m sure he has a lot to digest over the next few weeks. We are just doing our due diligence at the moment. He’s a quality player who we would be that we would be extremely interested in talking further to.”

Scorlibo
19-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro confirmed the Dons had met with Stringer.
“It is still early days and there is a lot to play out,” Dodoro said.

“We had coffee with Jake and I’m sure he has a lot to digest over the next few weeks. We are just doing our due diligence at the moment. He’s a quality player who we would be that we would be extremely interested in talking further to.”

Please let us not deal with this moron again.

Sedat
19-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Interview was a necessary evil. Already the media narrative is running along the lines of 'poor Jake' and 'refreshingly honest', which can only help his trade value and in turn help the club. If the deals that come are rubbish (hello Geelong), he stays - win/win either way.

The Doctor
19-09-2017, 01:22 PM
No one asked if he wanted to stay!

Thats is the question I would have liked to see answered.

Throughandthrough
19-09-2017, 01:25 PM
I was surprised to read Stringer describing his performance as having had a good season.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Interview was a necessary evil. Already the media narrative is running along the lines of 'poor Jake' and 'refreshingly honest', which can only help his trade value and in turn help the club. If the deals that come are rubbish (hello Geelong), he stays - win/win either way.

Yep. If Jake stats and stinks it up in 2018. Say goodbye to earning big, big money for the next 7-8 years. So he'd have a point to prove and risk to avoid.

Connors said he wouldn't mention all the clubs by name because 'some' are playing 'in the finals'.... So Geelong & Richmond. One article last week said Richmond thought they could get Schache, but they couldn't do him and Stringer. What if Schache (if he's gettable) comes our way instead and Stringer to Richmond and Richmond meet Brisbane's need (pick 15 & player). Stringer & Schache should be around a top 10 pick so that's good from our side.

G-Mo77
19-09-2017, 01:27 PM
No one asked if he wanted to stay!

Thats is the question I would have liked to see answered.

That doesn't make a headline though.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2017, 01:30 PM
That doesn't make a headline though.

Yep. But Cleaning out lockers or not attending B&Fs do, yet this entire aspect was nowhere. There was just nothing, so my take away is this is a 100% done thing subject to a good trade.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Absolutely. The club has everything to lose by countering these claims. Let the market presume we've dropped the ball and done Jake wrong.
Even Jake's assertion that Bevo had not spoken to him since the interview is probably only a half-truth..and i would imagine that any lack of contact was along the lines of 'ball is in your court Jake, call me if you've changed your perspective of what we've just spoken about.'

bornadog
19-09-2017, 01:40 PM

It was all staged by Connors - get the best income for Stringer.

Dry Rot
19-09-2017, 01:49 PM
It was all staged by Connors - get the best income for Stringer.

Don't mind that if it equates to a better draft pick to us in the trade.

Connors was very smooth.

Rocco Jones
19-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Connors was very good at his job.

Dry Rot
19-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Connors was very good at his job.

But would you buy a used car from the other agent there? Pickering?

In an odd way, the interests of Connors, the club and Stringer are the same: maximise the new club's offer, and a better draft pick follows.

Rocco Jones
19-09-2017, 03:36 PM

In an odd way, the interests of Connors, the club and Stringer are the same: maximise the new club's offer, and a better draft pick follows.

And keep things civil if the trade doesn't get through and all parties will have to co-exist.

Pickering is very dodgy.

josie
19-09-2017, 05:50 PM
It just makes me sad. Geez how I wish Stringer would apologise to club and fellow players and commit to giving his all in 2018 for us. He has so much to offer the club if he can take on responsibility for consequences of his actions. Even if this is only to have a stellar 2018 in RWB and then seek big dollars and the big stage with another club.

And please, pretty please, do not go to EFC (or Geelong however him in Essendon colours just makes me feel very ill).

Twodogs
19-09-2017, 05:57 PM

And keep things civil if the trade doesn't get through and all parties will have to co-exist.

Pickering is very dodgy.

Don't mind Pickering. He was as good as his word and delivered Tom Boyd. A year early even.

chef
19-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I may have missed it but is there a link to the interview?

Cyberdoggie
19-09-2017, 06:15 PM
It just makes me sad. Geez how I wish Stringer would apologise to club and fellow players and commit to giving his all in 2018 for us. He has so much to offer the club if he can take on responsibility for consequences of his actions. Even if this is only to have a stellar 2018 in RWB and then seek big dollars and the big stage with another club.

And please, pretty please, do not go to EFC (or Geelong however him in Essendon colours just makes me feel very ill).

It is sad but i'm sure they would not want to trade a player like Stringer unless they were absolutely sure they had tried everything to get him up to standard. So either he wasn't able to meet the standard required, or they felt it was affecting the team and the best course was to move him on.

I'm as upset as you are that it has come to this but I have faith in the coach and coaching staff that they have tried everything they could, any other bs agenda that Barrett is pushing just doesn't make sense. You don't give up a player like Stringer without a very very good reason.

1eyedog
19-09-2017, 06:20 PM
It is sad but i'm sure they would not want to trade a player like Stringer unless they were absolutely sure they had tried everything to get him up to standard. So either he wasn't able to meet the standard required, or they felt it was affecting the team and the best course was to move him on.

I'm as upset as you are that it has come to this but I have faith in the coach and coaching staff that they have tried everything they could, any other bs agenda that Barrett is pushing just doesn't make sense. You don't give up a player like Stringer without a very very good reason.

Nail head hammer.

bornadog
19-09-2017, 06:36 PM
I may have missed it but is there a link to the interview?

yes go to https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14213-Bulldog-Sound-clouds-audio-and-podcasts/page14

chef
19-09-2017, 06:39 PM
yes go to https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14213-Bulldog-Sound-clouds-audio-and-podcasts/page14

Thanks mate.

always right
19-09-2017, 07:14 PM
I've heard there was a push for him to go from the players. Believe what you will.

ledge
19-09-2017, 08:41 PM
I've heard there was a push for him to go from the players. Believe what you will.

Would think the coach would be able to see it first hand than to be told by the players,
Personally no matter what the actual problem was I think Mitch Wallis hit the nail on the head by telling him "be fully committed".
That tells you he wasn't by a long way.

Remi Moses
19-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Stringers conceded he could have done things differently
Cue for I stuffed up

ledge
19-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Stringers conceded he could have done things differently
Cue for I stuffed up

A maturing moment.

Remi Moses
19-09-2017, 08:45 PM
He had to own his problems . Now the best deal possible .
God I'm worried