PDA

View Full Version : CEO message to members and fans

bornadog
20-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-09-20/ceo-message-to-members-and-fans)

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/GaryKent_Marathon.jpg

Bulldogs CEO Gary Kent responds to media speculation over his tenure at the Club.

Over the past few weeks, questions have continued to surface in the media over my tenure as CEO at the Club. I’ve tried to address these questions with our staff, but this industry being what it is, questions and rumours still abide.
So here is some further clarification.

I was asked by the Club Board to step into the role of Club CEO at a critical point mid-way through the 2016 season following the departure of David Stevenson. Though I had retired from full-time executive roles and had taken up a number of executive consultancies, I agreed to the Board’s request out of a sense of obligation to this footy club which I have loved all my life.

Initially, I wanted my appointment as CEO to be characterised as interim. But as things progressed and the unique circumstances of 2016 unfolded, the Board and I both thought it was in the Club’s best interests that I stay on into 2017.

Our President Peter Gordon has said in recent weeks and so have I, that I never intended to take up the CEO job for the long term. And this is true. The Board and I haven’t had a set leave-by date for me to depart. We haven’t needed to. We have simply maintained a dialogue about it as the events of the year have unfolded.

In June this year, I wrote to the Board and said I would prefer a new CEO be in place by the first AFL Premiership season game of 2018. The reasons for my preference as to the timing of that departure are in that letter. Needless to say, they are a far cry from some of the recent media reporting. The letter was a statement of my intentions. It was not a letter of resignation. Despite a recent false media report to the contrary, I have not resigned.

Since my letter, the Board has gone about its business of identifying a replacement CEO quietly and professionally, and I have been kept informed of the Board’s work.

The task of appointing a new CEO during this period comes at a time when the Club has the greatest set of on-field and off-field opportunities in its long history. The job will have greater breadth than in times past. So it is appropriate that selection process take place with caution and with professionalism.

Some of the recent media commentary about our club, especially the false report that I have resigned, the allegation that the club is ‘imploding’ and the suggestion the whole club is run by an ‘autocrat’ President, is particularly disappointing to me especially in the light of the demonstrated results which have occurred under my leadership as CEO this year and our Board’s governance of the Club since 2013.

The Club has virtually eradicated our debt, we will pay out our long-held Westpac overdraft this year, we have had our third straight year of record membership, and our third straight year of record revenue, and last year we posted the biggest profit in our history. We have had record attendances, record tv viewing results, and outstanding growth in social media metrics.

Our investment in new and innovative community activities is at an all-time high. We broke a 62-year AFL premiership drought and have won two out of the last four VFL flags. We led the introduction of AFL Women’s football. This year, we will again post a profit in excess of a million dollars.

Despite all this, this week, a football talk show tweeted that we as a club “have more issues than ever”. The same program made the claim that the ‘problem’ lies in the fact that our President is ‘an autocrat.’ When I joined the board in 2012, the Club had a total accrued debt of over $12 million, one of the largest debts in the competition.

It had a multi-million dollar liability risk hanging over its head due to the failing Edgewater development. It was struggling to break even from year to year, had membership of 30,000, had finished 15th on the AFL ladder and had not won a premiership in 59 years. It had no VFL team and no women’s team.

The idea that in September 2017, we ‘have more issues than ever’ suggests we are worse off as a club now compared to then. It is a ridiculous and totally indefensible claim being made by journalists who claim expertise and experience in the AFL industry and who should know better.

Western Bulldogs members can count on us to inform them of matters when there is a genuine need to. We can’t comment on every individual player trade rumour or piece of gossip that comes up. It’s not in the Club’s interests to do so. Let us do our talking to our players, and where relevant, to their managers. Obviously our goal is to get the best outcome for the club we can.

In the meantime, we will all get on with our job of preparing for 2018 and delivering on the significant opportunities we have for future success on and off the field.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

bornadog
20-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Fantastic letter, get stuffed all media and rumour mongers

bulldogtragic
20-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Any truth that this update was actually written by PG with Gary's blood on the entrance of WO?

That's about as big as a swipe back as you can have.

bornadog
20-09-2017, 12:46 PM
No debts, No Loans - I have waited for that for a long time.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2017, 12:48 PM

I thought you'd like that in particular.

bornadog
20-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Any truth that this update was actually written by PG with Gary's blood on the entrance of WO?

That's about as big as a swipe back as you can have.

If he is stepping down, then I would hope we get an experienced person who has been a CEO before.

Ozza
20-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Strongest work from the club in weeks, maybe months! On or off the field!!!

Twodogs
20-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Isn't it great news? Almost as good as the premiership. Our club is safe! It will still be there when we wake up in the morning.:D

Bulldog Joe
20-09-2017, 01:15 PM
It is fantastic that we have come out with this clarity.

We certainly have done exceptionally well off field over the past 5 years, while also providing our members with the best on field moments of their entire football supporting lives.

Onward and upward
GO DOGS!!!!!

The Doctor
20-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Well done by Gary Kent. He said what needed to be said and giving a backhander to those media flogs he refers to in doing so.

Our club is in excellent shape.

If we need to kick the backsides of a few in the organisation who aren't performing then that is what we should be doing.

aker39
20-09-2017, 01:37 PM
For those that aren't aware, this is what has triggered the excellent response from the club.

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2017/clip-cj7qy2rfv000q0ipdhgew2n83

Insufficient Intent
20-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Thanks, Aker. More cr*p from Carro. Sensationalist, tabloid-style drivel; sort of ordure that Barrett and Slobbo churn out.
Great statement from Gary Kent. Congratulations to all concerned who have worked so damned hard to get the club to where we now are.

Pickenitup
20-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Great statement from the club bugger off Wilson and Barrett you flogs have no idea

ledge
20-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Shows she hasn't done her research on what's happens at the club since Peter took over.
Pretty amazing facts to prove the opposite.

Remi Moses
20-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Did anyone hear that gossip columnist Wilson rattling on about another CEO going by the wayside ?
When are the likes of Carro and Grub Barrett going to be held accountable for just bare faced lies ?
Sadly now you have to swim through the steaming pile of poo which is the media coverage to get a decent story .

ledge
20-09-2017, 02:32 PM
When will journos be made responsible for the things they say and write that are proven untrue ?

hujsh
20-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Very good that the overdraft will be paid off. One thing to have loans but an overdraft would have a much higher interest rate I'd imagine

jeemak
20-09-2017, 02:43 PM
When will journos be made responsible for the things they say and write that are proven untrue ?

They can be, providing what they write actually causes harm.

KT31
20-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Whilst watching Carro come up with this dribble on Monday night my thoughts where that Eddie comments weren't strong enough.
She is a gutter dweller only second to Barrett and for that matter the majority on that show are.
Its says a lot about a TV show if the 'Velvet Sledgehammer' is the endearing one.

Well said by Gary Kent a true Doggies man, only complaint is I wish the club had come out with something sooner.

I know we like to bitch, its only human nature but realistically the club in great nick with a very bright future on and off the field.

Go Doggies

comrade
20-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Nothing Caro said was really that out of line and beyond anything spoken about here. She didn't say 'we've got more issues than ever' as referenced in the letter so I'm guessing that was directed elsewhere.

I like the letter and it's a good response but it doesn't excuse the facts: we are spluttering from a list management and on field perspective right now when we should be ascending off the back of 2016. All the financial success is great but it goes away very quickly if we can't get back to winning.

bornadog
20-09-2017, 03:25 PM
we are spluttering from a list management

I don't think that is true.

josie
20-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Bravo Gary Kent. Well done Board for guiding Ng us to financial and on field success. Go you Dogs!! (We always do better when We have faced adverse press/challenging issues so 2018 should be a good 'un!!

Rocket Science
20-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Did anyone hear that gossip columnist Wilson rattling on about another CEO going by the wayside ?

It's a fine thing that Richmond are either going to lose a prelim, or a granny.

In spite of the beneficiary of that, either will be lovely thank you.

bornadog
20-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Funny no media outlet has commented on this letter from Gary

G-Mo77
20-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Nor would they. Once again it will prove their reporting incorrect and it wouldn't get as many hits as the word Implosion.

ledge
20-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Nor would they. Once again it will prove their reporting incorrect and it wouldn't get as many hits as the word Implosion.

They are trying to find a conspiracy theory in it somewhere.
A bit like the lochness monster we all know it doesn't exist but we will keep going on about it.

Cyberdoggie
20-09-2017, 05:21 PM
When are the likes of Carro and Grub Barrett going to be held accountable for just bare faced lies ?
Sadly now you have to swim through the steaming pile of poo which is the media coverage to get a decent story .

I can't believe anyone even watches that show anymore, it's just rubbish.
It used to have some balance when Grant Thomas was on the panel as he would call their bluff. Since he's gone those journalists just have free reign to splurt out any bs they want with no reply back.

Throughandthrough
20-09-2017, 05:54 PM
to be honest i cant recall reading how this was only an interim appt

WBFC4FFC
20-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Very good that the overdraft will be paid off. One thing to have loans but an overdraft would have a much higher interest rate I'd imagine

At least 10% from memory and that was a few years ago when I last looked. Could/Would be higher now.

always right
20-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Nothing Caro said was really that out of line and beyond anything spoken about here. She didn't say 'we've got more issues than ever' as referenced in the letter so I'm guessing that was directed elsewhere.

I like the letter and it's a good response but it doesn't excuse the facts: we are spluttering from a list management and on field perspective right now when we should be ascending off the back of 2016. All the financial success is great but it goes away very quickly if we can't get back to winning.
She inferred that Kent had resigned and that it was largely due to Gordon's autocratic style.

comrade
20-09-2017, 06:35 PM
She inferred that Kent had resigned and that it was largely due to Gordon's autocratic style.

She said we will have had 3 CEOs within 3 years (she didn't say Kent resigned, though he kind of is) and that we have a president who is known for his autocratic style. Which of those statements is incorrect?

Twodogs
20-09-2017, 06:40 PM

They won't. Nobody will ever climb up on stage and announce "I was wrong" especially the amount of times they get it wrong. They would spend their lives getting up and down off the stage.

I can't believe anyone even watches that show anymore, it's just rubbish.
It used to have some balance when Grant Thomas was on the panel as he would call their bluff. Since he's gone those journalists just have free reign to splurt out any bs they want with no reply back.

Me either.

always right
20-09-2017, 07:49 PM
She said we will have had 3 CEOs within 3 years (she didn't say Kent resigned, though he kind of is) and that we have a president who is known for his autocratic style. Which of those statements is incorrect?

You've clearly watched the clip but not the show. The discussion continued where she made statements around CEO resignations (including Kent's) and inferred they were caused by Gordon's autocratic style. It's disingenuous to claim Kent is resigning when it was never his intention to stay beyond an initial period. You could argue he actually resigned before he began.

comrade
20-09-2017, 07:51 PM
You've clearly watched the clip but not the show. The discussion continued where she made statements around CEO resignations (including Kent's) and inferred they were caused by Gordon's autocratic style.

Yep, have only watched the above clip so can only go by that. Perhaps Kent's tenure hasn't been impacted by Gordon's style but I doubt anyone can disagree that his 2 predecessors were.

aker39
20-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Caro wrote herself back in 2016 that it was an interim position

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-chief-executive-david-stevenson-resigns-20160724-gqcv68.html

bulldogtragic
20-09-2017, 07:54 PM
#BringBackCampbellRose

Doc26
20-09-2017, 08:02 PM

I don't believe that it was announced externally that it would be an 'interim' appointment, which I understand Gary refers to in his article. What is understood, at least internally, is that Gary would step in to fill the role from mid 2016 following the abrupt departure of Stephenson. The fact that Gary is looking to continue in this key position up to the start of the season 2018 season is a significantly greater duration than what would've been considered at the time of his interim appointment in mid June of 2016.

The fact that it is being reported as a resignation of a CEO, or interpreted as one, is simply a falsehood and very mischievous reporting when he's simply been acting, after agreeing to fill the void left by Stephenson, with a known end point by the Board, and through a period of our greatest on and off-field success.

always right
20-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Yep, have only watched the above clip so can only go by that. Perhaps Kent's tenure hasn't been impacted by Gordon's style but I doubt anyone can disagree that his 2 predecessors were.

So you only have half the story. Garlick was sacked and nothing was mentioned of Gordon's style at the time. Stevenson was perhaps the only victim of Gordon's style.....although there appeared to be considerable doubt as to whether he was up to the job. That would suggest there was something terribly wrong with our recruiting process.

always right
20-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't believe that it was announced externally that it would be an 'interim' appointment, which I understand Gary refers to in his article. What is understood, at least internally, is that Gary would step in to fill the role from mid 2016 following the abrupt departure of Stephenson. The fact that Gary is looking to continue in this key position up to the start of the season 2018 season is a significantly greater duration than what would've been considered at the time of his interim appointment in mid June of 2016.

The fact that it is being reported as a resignation of a CEO, or interpreted as one, is simply a falsehood and very mischievous reporting when he's simply been acting, after agreeing to fill the void left by Stephenson, with a known end point by the Board, and through a period of our greatest on and off-field success.

Spot on.

comrade
20-09-2017, 08:13 PM
So you only have half the story. Garlick was sacked and nothing was mentioned of Gordon's style at the time. Stevenson was perhaps the only victim of Gordon's style.....although there appeared to be considerable doubt as to whether he was up to the job. That would suggest there was something terribly wrong with our recruiting process.

Well obviously it's all rosy then...

always right
20-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Well obviously it's all rosy then...
Yeah...that's clearly what I'm saying.:rolleyes:

I've simply called out people on their inaccurate statements in an effort to deal with the facts.

comrade
20-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah...that's clearly what I'm saying.:rolleyes:

I've simply called out people on their inaccurate statements in an effort to deal with the facts.

Fair enough.

Personally, I don't think Caro is too far off the mark in general. You can nitpick over whether a CEO resigned or was sacked, or was an interim choice but the fact is we've had 3 in 3 years combined with some significant turn over of our administration staff this year. From an outside perspective - which both you and I can only go by - does this sound like a positive working environment being cultivated by our President, who is notoriously hands on?

always right
20-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Fair enough.

Personally, I don't think Caro is too far off the mark in general. You can nitpick over whether a CEO resigned or was sacked, or was an interim choice but the fact is we've had 3 in 3 years combined with some significant turn over of our administration staff this year. From an outside perspective - which both you and I can only go by - does this sound like a positive working environment being cultivated by our President, who is notoriously hands on?
It certainly appears that we have a President whose style "might" be an issue. There is no need however to throw in stuff to support an argument that is simply inaccurate.....as Wilson has done.

ledge
20-09-2017, 08:45 PM
He can't be all that bad , whatever he has done worked , VFL , AFL premierships. No more debt , might be hands on but results prove -A lot of management people get through by talking the talk, but can't walk the walk and get found out when things they promise don't happen.
Maybe Peter doesn't suffer these talk the talk people when he finds out they can't walk .
He is hands on and expects results if you don't deliver your out.
Caro never pointed out the success of the club since he came but Gary did. You can't argue that Peter has been no good,the proof is in black and white.
Shove it up your arse Caro being a president of an AFL club can mean making hard decisions he has made them and they have all turned out 100% right in the end.

Sedat
20-09-2017, 09:01 PM
For those that aren't aware, this is what has triggered the excellent response from the club.

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2017/clip-cj7qy2rfv000q0ipdhgew2n83
She even borrowed Jerry Seinfeld's puffy shirt for the occasion

Sedat
20-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Caro's problem is that she has barely driven across Footscray Rd in her entire life - the west of Melbourne is completely foreign territory to her.

She also 'specialises' in the political side of footy, which to 99% of us is as boring as batshit. It is also a side of the footy industry that thrives on innuendo, shades of grey and mistruths masquerading as gospel in order to add mayo to the most tenuous of stories in order to engender even a modicum of interest in the general public.

ledge
20-09-2017, 09:25 PM
I find it amazing that Caro or Barrett never have any good stories to tell, Always negative and always the worst outcome will happen.

Sedat
20-09-2017, 09:35 PM
I find it amazing that Caro or Barrett never have any good stories to tell, Always negative and always the worst outcome will happen.
Why is it surprising? Would a story by Caro of "AFL Footy Ops Manager in a committed monogamous relationship" sell papers? Much better to write a story along the lines of "AFL Footy Ops Manager rooting around for a few weeks last year so let's whip this story up into a frenzy and to hell with the impact on innocent people's lives"

bulldogtragic
20-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Or. Stick with me. Ignore them, their columns, radio spots and the shows their on.

Ghost Dog
20-09-2017, 09:46 PM

Litigation. One day shortly some club will come out swinging.

bornadog
20-09-2017, 09:55 PM
To some people PG will come across as hard to work with, maybe even consider him too tough on them. I can tell you, Peter is hard working and demands high standards, and if you cant meet those high standards, then maybe you need to find another job.

At all times he has the best of intentions and will ultimately achieve his goal. Mrs BAD worked with Peter for about 10 years and found him extremely professional in all aspects and a pleasure to work with.

The only whingers you hear about are the ones that just don't work out, and maybe they need to take a good hard look at themselves. Maybe they are the problem. As always there are two sides to every story. Obviously Caro has only spoken to the disgruntled.

WBFC4FFC
20-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Caro's problem is that she has barely driven across Footscray Rd in her entire life - the west of Melbourne is completely foreign territory to her.

She also 'specialises' in the political side of footy, which to 99% of us is as boring as batshit. It is also a side of the footy industry that thrives on innuendo, shades of grey and mistruths masquerading as gospel in order to add mayo to the most tenuous of stories in order to engender even a modicum of interest in the general public.
Have always thought this about her. Overall I reckon she is good but she gets stuck on things that do not matter. For example, in 2010 I think, she wrote an article stating she was astonished the Bullies were doing well considering a few of the players wives had a falling-out over a childcare centre a number of the players were involved with. She missed the point totally and had no understanding of how a footy club operates.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Have always thought this about her. Overall I reckon she is good but she gets stuck on things that do not matter. For example, in 2010 I think, she wrote an article stating she was astonished the Bullies were doing well considering a few of the players wives had a falling-out over a childcare centre a number of the players were involved with. She missed the point totally and had no understanding of how a footy club operates.

The astonishing thing was really that Cooney & Lake had this great idea and convinced Eagleton to join as a 1/3 partner. That was the story. Surely it's a life rule, that if Cooney & Lake agree that something is good, it's really, really not.

ledge
20-09-2017, 10:14 PM
To some people PG will come across as hard to work with, maybe even consider him too tough on them. I can tell you, Peter is hard working and demands high standards, and if you cant meet those high standards, then maybe you need to find another job.

At all times he has the best of intentions and will ultimately achieve his goal. Mrs BAD worked with Peter for about 10 years and found him extremely professional in all aspects and a pleasure to work with.

The only whingers you hear about are the ones that just don't work out, and maybe they need to take a good hard look at themselves. Maybe they are the problem. As always there are two sides to every story. Obviously Caro has only spoken to the disgruntled.

I would be surprised if she has spoken to anyone, research isn't in her dictionary obviously from last nights rant.

Eastdog
21-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Great letter Gary. The people who are running our club are the ones we need to hear from not media gossip. Our club is in very good hands and financially we have been the strongest we ever have been.

always right
24-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Caro doing her usual schtick tonight.
"I wasn't criticising Peter Gordon"
"I think the club is overreacting"
And of course no context given to Kent's resignation.

She's such a piece of work.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Would we consider Simon Lethlean?

Doc26
02-10-2017, 07:26 PM

I can see a benefit given Lethlean's friendship with Gil and no doubt he would bring strong business acumen but not sure on the timing for us. He was effectively forced out of his senior position with the AFL on grounds of unacceptable behaviour and now we're putting many on our playing group in the crosshairs for bringing an unacceptable attitude, level of preparation and for some, unacceptable behaviour.

Just feels a conflicting message in there given the timing of where we're at.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 07:27 PM
I can see a benefit given Lethlean's friendship with Gil and no doubt he would bring strong business acumen but not sure on the timing for us. He was effectively forced out of his senior position with the AFL on grounds of unacceptable behaviour and now we're putting many on our playing group in the crosshairs for bringing an unacceptable level of performance. Just feels a conflicting message in there given the timing of where we're at.

Perfect synopsis.

azabob
02-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Most definitely and I hope we are.

However Hawthorn are also now in the market for a CEO after sacking their one within 5 months of appointing her.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Most definitely and I hope we are.

However Hawthorn are also now in the market for a CEO after sacking their one within 5 months of appointing her.

And the Pies haven't replaced Pert yet either have they? Plenty of competition at the moment

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 08:06 PM
I can see a benefit given Lethlean's friendship with Gil and no doubt he would bring strong business acumen but not sure on the timing for us. He was effectively forced out of his senior position with the AFL on grounds of unacceptable behaviour and now we're putting many on our playing group in the crosshairs for bringing an unacceptable attitude, level of preparation and for some, unacceptable behaviour.

Just feels a conflicting message in there given the timing of where we're at.

I get that, but if he is a great candidate I'm sure we can put in some additional measure to mitigate. At some point Lethlean will get back into a senior position.

jazzadogs
02-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Gary Kent has still not officially resigned has he? According to someone close to his family he only ever took on the role as an interim measure, and the club is continuing to wait until the right candidate for a full time role is found.

But no formal resignation has been tabled - just the original plan still in effect.

ledge
03-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Gary Kent has still not officially resigned has he? According to someone close to his family he only ever took on the role as an interim measure, and the club is continuing to wait until the right candidate for a full time role is found.

But no formal resignation has been tabled - just the original plan still in effect.

As an interim CEO I don't think you resign you just wait for them to appoint a new one unless you actually don't want to do it anymore.

jazzadogs
03-10-2017, 02:42 AM
As an interim CEO I don't think you resign you just wait for them to appoint a new one unless you actually don't want to do it anymore.

I agree. That's why the resignation talk was confusing me.

Hope we find a strong candidate but it seems like Kent is doing a more than satisfactory job in the mean time.

Axe Man
03-10-2017, 11:39 AM

It's in the OP of this thread:

Our President Peter Gordon has said in recent weeks and so have I, that I never intended to take up the CEO job for the long term. And this is true. The Board and I haven’t had a set leave-by date for me to depart. We haven’t needed to. We have simply maintained a dialogue about it as the events of the year have unfolded.

In June this year, I wrote to the Board and said I would prefer a new CEO be in place by the first AFL Premiership season game of 2018.

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Damo has just reported that while we sounded out Lethlean he wasn't that keen perhaps looking for a more high profile club

Looks like he is off to Carlton

Happy Days
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Damo has just reported that while we sounded out Lethlean he wasn't that keen perhaps looking for a more high profile club

Looks like he is off to Carlton

Good. Would have been some bullshit to ship off/condemn Stringer but get in Lethlean.

Topdog
05-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Good. Would have been some bullshit to ship off/condemn Stringer but get in Lethlean.

Why we aren't getting rid of Stringer because he slept around

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 07:11 PM

To be honest I don't think these are similar examples but I get why some might see it that way.

Happy Days
05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
To be honest I don't think these are similar examples but I get why some might see it that way.

They both have older men in desirable positions, using that position to sleep with women in vulnerable positions. They're both morons but at least Jake isn't 41 years old.

You can't demonise a footy boys culture and then at the same time turn around and hire an embodiment of it.

comrade
05-10-2017, 07:38 PM
They both have older men in desirable positions, using that position to sleep with women in vulnerable positions. They're both morons but at least Jake isn't 41 years old.

You can't demonise a footy boys culture and then at the same time turn around and hire an embodiment of it.

The women involved in Leathlen's case weren't 17 either.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Can't both be undeserible types in our new culture, rights & responsibilities, connection to our staff and women's team and in conjunction with our no dickheads policy?

Topdog
05-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Who is demonising a footy boys culture? Stringer has not been asked to leave because he slept around with other women

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Who is demonising a footy boys culture? Stringer has not been asked to leave because he slept around with other women

Agreed, there were other reasons at play.
Anyway it looks like Lethlean is headed to the Blues or maybe the Saints.