PDA

View Full Version : Assistant coaches for 2018

bornadog
22-09-2017, 03:30 PM
I just noticed in the press, Collingwood have poached the senior assistant from West Coast (Justin Longmuir).

I think it is time for a revamp of our coaches, and I don't mean just a shuffle like this year, which seemingly didn't work.

Who should go, should we bring in a new senior person?

bulldogtragic
22-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Some new people, with some new ideas. No need to swing the axe, but fresh blood is needed.

ledge
22-09-2017, 03:47 PM
I just noticed in the press, Collingwood have poached the senior assistant from West Coast (Justin Longmuir).

I think it is time for a revamp of our coaches, and I don't mean just a shuffle like this year, which seemingly didn't work.

Who should go, should we bring in a new senior person?

They also took Matty Boyd

Twodogs
22-09-2017, 03:54 PM

They are doing what Richmond did last year. They replaced all the assistants and kept Hardwick, Collingwood have signed Buckley for two more years so all the assistants go.

ledge
22-09-2017, 04:53 PM
They are doing what Richmond did last year. They replaced all the assistants and kept Hardwick, Collingwood have signed Buckley for two more years so all the assistants go.

Funny isn't it , first you blame the players then you blame middle management but it's the head that's rotted.

Bulldog4life
22-09-2017, 06:08 PM

They are also interviewing David Teague. He is an assistant at Adelaide

bornadog
22-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Personally I would love to see Bevo with a new team of assistants, including a senior assistant. We need a refresh in the coaching area, Bevo can't do it all alone.

Bulldog4life
22-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Personally I would love to see Bevo with a new team of assistants, including a senior assistant. We need a refresh in the coaching area, Bevo can't do it all alone.

Bevo is very loyal to his current assistants. Just read this
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-12/afl-coaches-contracts-find-out-what-disturbs-bevo

bornadog
22-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Bevo is very loyal to his current assistants. Just read this
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-12/afl-coaches-contracts-find-out-what-disturbs-bevo

That article is 4 months old, maybe he has changed his mind.

Bulldog4life
22-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Doubt it.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2017, 07:16 PM

Hopefully the assistants got 'intimidating' exit interviews like Dale Morris said he got.

And whosever idea it was to shuffle them all around. Fixing something that ain't broke.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Richmond has built a very strong off field coaching panel all with a Premiership background. This includes Hardwick Leppitsch Caracalla and Macrae plus an outstanding football manager in Neil Balme who was highly regarded in the Cats 3 Premierships. They also have a quality CEO in former player Brendan Gale. This is the recipe for success and something we need to seriously consider going forward.

Doc26
22-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Richmond has built a very strong off field coaching panel all with a Premiership background. This includes Hardwick Leppitsch Caracalla and Macrae plus an outstanding football manager in Neil Balme who was highly regarded in the Cats 3 Premierships. They also have a quality CEO in former player Brendan Gale. This is the recipe for success and something we need to seriously consider going forward.

Geez, it really does feel like we've moved to a parallel universe quoting Richmond coaching and administration successes.

Bulldog4life
22-09-2017, 08:07 PM

All our assistants have got premiership backgrounds too:)

Twodogs
23-09-2017, 06:18 AM
Funny isn't it , first you blame the players then you blame middle management but it's the head that's rotted.

It's pretty funny that Collingwood are slavishly following something that Richmond did too.

SquirrelGrip
23-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Just got around to watching Dale Morris’s interview on AFL Tonight during the week. I love his football brain. Could he be appointed a playing assistant coach?

Webby
23-09-2017, 09:01 AM
It's pretty funny that Collingwood are slavishly following something that Richmond did too.

Perhaps they could appoint Neil Balme as their director of football.... oh, wait..

Nice one, Eddie..!

S Coast Simon
23-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Our coaches got us a premiership in the modern era. In my opinion I didn't like it at the start of the year when they did the shuffle. Logic would say we need to reverse that shuffle a bit. I think the whole club suffered a small slump in form. We are well aware now what has to happen and are well on their way to rectifying this. It was uncharted waters in my life time

Dry Rot
21-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Hardwick gave great credit to getting two new experienced assistant coaches for his 2017 season.

So what about us? Is Bevo getting some new experienced help in?

ledge
21-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Hardwick gave great credit to getting two new experienced assistant coaches for his 2017 season.

Have any left ? I believe there was a new rule about assistants being told after the home and away season finished so they could investigate other avenues.

The Doctor
21-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Bring Monty Back!

bornadog
22-10-2017, 04:18 AM

You didn't like my thread DR ;)

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17453-Assistant-coaches-for-2018&highlight=assistant+coaches

MODS please merge

Go_Dogs
22-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Who is available out there that would interest us?

A senior assistant would be good, but it might be hard to attract someone if they're looking to move to boost their chances of getting a senior coaches role. I think we also need to review who coaches which line because we seemed to go backwards this year and the changes we made, whilst good for the development of our assistants, didn't seem to benefit the team.

Our VFL and development coaches seem to be doing well with our younger players.