PDA

View Full Version : The Tom Boyd Trade - Three Years On

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Tom Boyd:

40 Games (25 wins/15 losses), 36 Goals: Averages: 10.5 Disposals, 3.1 Marks, 2.5 Tackles, 10 Hit Outs - 4 Finals for 4 Wins - 100% (Inc. Premiership)

Ryan Gryphone:

39 Games (24 wins/15 losses), 16 Goals: Averages: 20.3 Disposls, 3.1 Marks, 4 Tackles, 1 Hit out - 2 Finals for 1 win, 1 Prelim Loss (50%) (Inc. No Premiership, and as a club no Grand Finals)

Misc:

- Tom's contract front loaded, so he's only on about $700,000.
- Tom was vital in winning a premiership.
- The draft pick GWS received, Caleb Marchbank, quit them too.
- Tom has 10-11 years left in his career to give to the WBFC. And a lot of potential still to unlock, he's a pup. Gryphone has one year on his contract/career left at GWS unless they pay him out.

Three years in, I think the media can and should call it: WBFC has officially won this trade. Or at least I will, and if GWS don't win it next year with Gryphone, then it will be a huge back fire on them.

S Coast Simon
24-09-2017, 01:49 PM
I'm with you. Griffin nearly done and Tom won't hit his straps til 24 onwards.

Rocket Science
24-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Shhh. Don't tell Barrett that. You'll blow his fetid mind.

anfo27
24-09-2017, 02:04 PM
We won the trade when we won the flag! if Boyd retires in the off season due to depression or struggles for the rest of his career we still win the trade. The question is by how far do we win the trade? the more Tom does the bigger the margin.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 02:07 PM
We won the trade when we won the flag! if Boyd retires in the off season due to depression or struggles for the rest of his career we still win the trade. The question is by how far do we win the trade? the more Tom does the bigger the margin.

Correct. I think what this shows is that if we lose a big player (who was/is under contract), if we nail the right player in return. We can turn a loss into a big gain.

ledge
24-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Can someone let these journos know so they can report we won the trade and they were all wrong AGAIN

Twodogs
24-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Can someone let these journos know so they can report we won the trade and they were all wrong AGAIN

The beauty is we don't have to do anything to tell them. The lazy parasites lurk here looking for stories although Robbo seems to have dropped off after we called him out on it a few times.

Twodogs
24-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Tom Boyd:

40 Games (25 wins/15 losses), 36 Goals: Averages: 10.5 Disposals, 3.1 Marks, 2.5 Tackles, 10 Hit Outs, 4 Finals for 4 Wins - 100% (Inc. Premiership)

Ryan Gryphone:

39 Games (24 wins/15 losses), 16 Goals: Averages: 20.3 Disposls, 3.1 Marks, 4 Tackles, 1 Hit out, 2 Finals for 1 win, 1 Prelim Loss (50%) (Inc. No Premiership, and as a club no Grand Finals)

Misc:

- Tom' contract front loaded, so he's only on about $700,000.
- Tom was vital in winning a premiership.
- The draft pick GWS received, Caleb Marchbank, quit them too.
- Tom has 10-11 years left in his career to give to the WBFC. And a lot of potential still to unlock, he's a pup. Gryphone has one year on his contract/career left at GWS unless they pay him out.

Three years in, I think the media can and should call it: WBFC has officially won this trade. Or at least I will, and if GWS don't win it next year with Gryphone, then it will be a huge back fire on them.

Serious question. Did Tom not play in the 2015 Elimination Final?

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Serious question. Did Tom not play in the 2015 Elimination Final?

Nope.

ledge
24-09-2017, 04:02 PM
The beauty is we don't have to do anything to tell them. The lazy parasites lurk here looking for stories although Robbo seems to have dropped off after we called him out on it a few times.

We can also add that his wage didn't destroy the club and no players left due to him coming. Oh and we had salary cap room due to forward thinking with which no journo actually looked at it realising we had extra due to not using it all in previous years.

Remi Moses
24-09-2017, 04:07 PM
The worst trade in history
New idea gossip columnist Caroline Wilson .
It's how far we win by, is the story .

ledge
24-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Isn't it funny how journos say it takes a tall until he is 25 until he shows his full potential but then called out Boyd as a terrible trade at 20.

ledge
24-09-2017, 04:51 PM
I find it amazing when you look at Ty Vickery , his career, his contracts and his wage and nothing is said.

Danny the snakeman
24-09-2017, 05:03 PM
If he never plays again we are still winners and so is Tom (just need to close my eyes and i can see the goal out of the center in the GF). Tho im sure he'll be back better than ever.

bornadog
24-09-2017, 05:03 PM
We won the trade by a mile. You thought he was pretty good in the Granny, wait till he matures over the next few seasons.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 05:17 PM
We won the trade by a mile. You thought he was pretty good in the Granny, wait till he matures over the next few seasons.

Absolutely. Dalrymple is just so strong in what he thinks Tom will become.

The trade would be drawn or a win for them if they'd won a premiership within Gryphones contract period (not sure they'll do it next year). They gave up the kid who was #1 in the draft by the length of the Flemington straight. Which helped us win a premiership, and they've got very little for it. With Mumford stuffed, and Lobb apparently going into first ruck I reckon they'd love to have Lobb & Boyd capable of forward & rucking, with Cameron & Patton as forwards who can pinch hit down back with contested marking. Now all they have his is Gryphone's arse imprint on a chair in the medico's room.

They threw so much top end merchandise away to get Shaw (Adams, first rounder), Deledio (first rounder) & Gryphone (Boyd, pick 1) that they really needed to have won by a premiership by 2017. If these guys fall off the cliff next year with Mumford, Mzungu and others... Well they'll be regretful about letting them go and then the serious questions start about how in the hell have they shit the bed with every opportunity they've been gifted.

Personally, I hope their list is raided again this year and relegate them into a middle of the road team for a long time to come.

josie
24-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Agree with your sentiments BT. I hope the plastics eventually fold and all the ridiculous $ helping keep them afloat is distributed across the other clubs. Middle of the road BT - you are being too kind. Really hanging out for Tommy Boyd's 2018 as I reckon' we will see a stronger, leaner Tom take the next step up.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Agree with your sentiments BT. I hope the plastics eventually fold and all the ridiculous $ helping keep them afloat is distributed across the other clubs. Middle of the road BT - you are being too kind. Really hanging out for Tommy Boyd's 2018 as I reckon' we will see a stronger, leaner Tom take the next step up.

How sweet all this will be!

The Underdog
24-09-2017, 09:23 PM
GWS have got very little out of Grifffen to this point. Boyd's best 2 games were at the right time at least, he's got another 4 years to prove himself further.

EasternWest
24-09-2017, 09:53 PM

Whilst I agree with this, Tom could retire tomorrow and he'll have been worth every cent.

Twodogs
24-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Absolutely. Dalrymple is just so strong in what he thinks Tom will become.

The trade would be drawn or a win for them if they'd won a premiership within Gryphones contract period (not sure they'll do it next year). They gave up the kid who was #1 in the draft by the length of the Flemington straight. Which helped us win a premiership, and they've got very little for it. With Mumford stuffed, and Lobb apparently going into first ruck I reckon they'd love to have Lobb & Boyd capable of forward & rucking, with Cameron & Patton as forwards who can pinch hit down back with contested marking. Now all they have his is Gryphone's arse imprint on a chair in the medico's room.

They threw so much top end merchandise away to get Shaw (Adams, first rounder), Deledio (first rounder) & Gryphone (Boyd, pick 1) that they really needed to have won by a premiership by 2017. If these guys fall off the cliff next year with Mumford, Mzungu and others... Well they'll be regretful about letting them go and then the serious questions start about how in the hell have they shit the bed with every opportunity they've been gifted.

Personally, I hope their list is raided again this year and relegate them into a middle of the road team for a long time to come.

These are questions that should be being asked now and they ought to start with Tony Sheoherd. Tony is very good at demanding finals at empty venues that embarrass the competition and spending the AFL's money. But he's not so good at answering questions about what return we should expect for the money it pours down that black hole outside of "this has to be a 20 year project in Western Sydney".

It's time for the AFL to rein him in or find somebody with more realistic expectations for the job. We haven't got 20 years to indulge ourselves in Wetern Sydney-that's just ridiculous. I think we should put a 5 year limit and if the people of western Sydney aren't packing out the stadium by then it's time to pack up and move on. There's nothing like a deadline to focus the mind, I'm sure that Tony often points out to his employees.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 10:53 PM
These are questions that should be being asked now and they ought to start with Tony Sheoherd. Tony is very good at demanding finals at empty venues that embarrass the competition and spending the AFL's money. But he's not so good at answering questions about what return we should expect for the money it pours down that black hole outside of "this has to be a 20 year project in Western Sydney".

It's time for the AFL to rein him in or find somebody with more realistic expectations for the job. We haven't got 20 years to indulge ourselves in Wetern Sydney-that's just ridiculous. I think we should put a 5 year limit and if the people of western Sydney aren't packing out the stadium by then it's time to pack up and move on. There's nothing like a deadline to focus the mind, I'm sure that Tony often points out to his employees.

I don't believe for a second they got 14,000 to the semi. Having been there last year, I reckon 10,000 would be more accurate and probably the lowest ever crowd in the history of VFL/AFL football. If that's a huge semi final, god help them when they're a mid and lower range team and the new-novelty factor is gone. They'll make Fitzroy crowds in the 1990's look huge.

But that's beside the point. Their smug press conferences after kick starting our ShockTober and then landing Gryphone must have felt great for them. And I hope it did. Because the reality 3 years later, is they have to accept that its backfired in their reviews. And now we can sit back watching Tommy for a decade while Gryphone can spend his days pig shooting as a 4 time prelim losing, multi club, deserting captain, former player. I hope he pulls up everyone at GWS that sold him a snake oil trade based on sorts of things they've not delivered.

Rocket Science
24-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Addendum: happened upon human skidmark Barrett on Footy Classified tonight who opines Gryphon may be out the door and on his way to Princes Park next year.

I'd love Purple to talk us through who won the trade if that eventuates.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 12:41 AM
I don't believe for a second they got 14,000 to the semi. Having been there last year, I reckon 10,000 would be more accurate and probably the lowest ever crowd in the history of VFL/AFL football. If that's a huge semi final, god help them when they're a mid and lower range team and the new-novelty factor is gone. They'll make Fitzroy crowds in the 1990's look huge.

But that's beside the point. Their smug press conferences after kick starting our ShockTober and then landing Gryphone must have felt great for them. And I hope it did. Because the reality 3 years later, is they have to accept that its backfired in their reviews. And now we can sit back watching Tommy for a decade while Gryphone can spend his days pig shooting as a 4 time prelim losing, multi club, deserting captain, former player. I hope he pulls up everyone at GWS that sold him a snake oil trade based on sorts of things they've not delivered.

It's just a matter of time until they will have to wind it up. It was foolish in the extreme to think it stood a snowflakes chance in hell of being a success.

But that's not their biggest problem. Leon Cameron is their biggest problem.

The boy is an idiot moron and has no idea what he is doing is their biggest problem. Thank Christ we appointed Bevo when we very nearly appointed Leon. Bless you Luke Darcy!

macca
25-09-2017, 01:05 AM
If he never plays again we are still winners and so is Tom (just need to close my eyes and i can see the goal out of the center in the GF). Tho im sure he'll be back better than ever.
I agree . Tom ruck efforts in the final series was huge . Considering roughead went down with an eye injury , he was carrying the full load for considerable amount of game. 4 goals in the GF.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 01:11 AM
I agree . Tom ruck efforts in the final series was huge . Considering roughead went down with an eye injury , he was carrying the full load for considerable amount of game. 4 goals in the GF.

And against Mumford the inform ruckman in the comp at the time.

hujsh
25-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Addendum: happened upon human skidmark Barrett on Footy Classified tonight who opines Gryphon may be out the door and on his way to Princes Park next year.

In no way does that trade make sense to me from any perspective aside from Carlton's obligation to take all unwanted GWS players.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 02:26 AM
In no way does that trade make sense to me from any perspective aside from Carlton's obligation to take all unwanted GWS players.

Carlton must be contractually obliged to take any GWS rejects or something. Or maybe SOS was just signing so many clearence papers for GWS rejects that Griffen's was slipped onto the bottom of the pile and he didn't notice.

macca
25-09-2017, 02:46 AM
Carlton must be contractually obliged to take any GWS rejects or something. Or maybe SOS was just signing so many clearence papers for GWS rejects that Griffen's was slipped onto the bottom of the pile and he didn't notice.

I wonder if they are offloading Griffey for salary cap reasons? His best is way past, may have 2 or 20 games left in him. Carlton need another mature midfielder to take the hits for young team. He would complement Thomas, as they are both goal kicking mids on their day.
But you got to laugh at Carlton being the second station for gws ex-players. How many are on carlton's list now ?

The irony is gws have traded away alot of depth in players like treloar, Boyd , marchbank , to name a few off top of my head.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 04:26 AM
I wonder if they are offloading Griffey for salary cap reasons? His best is way past, may have 2 or 20 games left in him. Carlton need another mature midfielder to take the hits for young team. He would complement Thomas, as they are both goal kicking mids on their day.
But you got to laugh at Carlton being the second station for gws ex-players. How many are on carlton's list now ?

The irony is gws have traded away alot of depth in players like treloar, Boyd , marchbank , to name a few off top of my head.

It'd be ironic if GWS had to pay some of his salary.

ledge
25-09-2017, 05:05 AM
Him going to Carlton seems ludicrous for two reasons
1 didn't he leave Melbourne because he doesn't like the fish bowl ? So now he comes back to it ?
2 why would any team take him when he can't even get on the ground through injury.
I also wonder if the move to GWS was a secret agreement between us and him, factor in his back was stuffed , we knew it and he knew it , so he wanted to get the biggest pay day he could and we were in on it as to get a great trade before his value dropped due to his injury being worse than anyone else knew .

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Him going to Carlton seems ludicrous for two reasons
1 didn't he leave Melbourne because he doesn't like the fish bowl ? So now he comes back to it ?
2 why would any team take him when he can't even get on the ground through injury.
I also wonder if the move to GWS was a secret agreement between us and him, factor in his back was stuffed , we knew it and he knew it , so he wanted to get the biggest pay day he could and we were in on it as to get a great trade before his value dropped due to his injury being worse than anyone else knew .

Like the old Kelvin Templeton conspiracy. It went that KT and the club both knew his knee was bunt so we cleared him to Melbourne before they did too.

Rocket Science
25-09-2017, 09:38 AM
If Grooffun to Blues eventuates you'd half suspect SOS is a double agent - or a Giants' plant.

Maybe the Blues 'owe' them for kindliness with a previous deal.

bornadog
25-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Not all are still on their list, but 13 players was the last count.

Bulldog Revolution
25-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Tom was fantastic when it counted

I hope his career kicks off again in 2018

I wish our former players the best but I have no real interest - they cease being to me

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Not all are still on their list, but 13 players was the last count.

Did you quote the right post here mate?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2017, 11:11 AM

Wrong thread my friend. It belongs in the Ekers thread! :D

Bulldog4life
25-09-2017, 11:43 AM

I don't want to ruin a good story but he kicked only 3 goals I am sure.

bornadog
25-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Did you quote the right post here mate?

whoops, wrong post. Fixed now. :o

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 12:54 PM
whoops, wrong post. Fixed now. :o

It was 8.42 am. Your caffeine levels were probably dangerously low.

boydogs
25-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Griffen & pick 6 for Boyd was considered overpaying at the time, as you would expect when our player has walked out and theirs is contracted. As it has turned out neither Griffen nor pick 6 have done a lot for GWS, though the Marchbank trade was part of GWS getting a first rounder in this year's draft which hasn't happened yet

The bigger issue though was the money, we've done pretty well with player retention but it's also about who else we may have been able to bring to the club. We always expected Boyd to peak towards the end of his contract so whilst it is 3 years on, it's still too early to call on that front

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 03:04 PM
What's your opinion on Marchbank Boydogs (or anybody)? He seems a perfectly decent third tall at the moment an he develop into a KP? As he was part of the Boyd trade I always feel compelled to compare the two.

Ozza
25-09-2017, 03:24 PM
I remember being asked by (non-bulldog) mates at the time what I thought of the trade.
My attitude was that whatever the cost, we simply HAD to try something, 60 years (at the time) without a flag - I'd rather fail spectacularly going for a big trade, than to do nothing. And history shows that the trade paid off - and we all got to retweet Robbo's post from Oct '14 back to him in Oct' 16.

AndrewP6
25-09-2017, 04:12 PM

3 goals in the GF.

Bulldog4life
25-09-2017, 04:54 PM
What's your opinion on Marchbank Boydogs (or anybody)? He seems a perfectly decent third tall at the moment an he develop into a KP? As he was part of the Boyd trade I always feel compelled to compare the two.

I will always compare Tom to 2 metre Peter. That is who we would have chosen with pick 6 I read. Not Marchbank.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 05:28 PM
I will always compare Tom to 2 metre Peter. That is who we would have chosen with pick 6 I read. Not Marchbank.

Yeah true that. I wonder if Peter Wright is on this now legendary list of Gold Coast players up for trade?

Bulldog4life
25-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Yeah true that. I wonder if Peter Wright is on this now legendary list of Gold Coast players up for trade?

Wish he was Td. Doubt it though.

The Doctor
25-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Apparantly Barrett saying griffen could go to Carlton??

Has anyone heard this?

If true, it means GWS are looking for a salary cap dump. The Silvagni led Carlton regime would be the only club stupid enough to fall for that. It would be better for the comp if GWS had to retain players like Griffen. How ironic it would be, a once proud club like Carlton becoming the dunny for GWS's unwanted waste.

AndrewP6
25-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Apparantly Barrett saying griffen could go to Carlton??

Has anyone heard this?

If true, it means GWS are looking for a salary cap dump. The Silvagni led Carlton regime would be the only club stupid enough to fall for that. It would be better for the comp if GWS had to retain players like Griffen. How ironic it would be, a once proud club like Carlton becoming the dunny for GWS's unwanted waste.

Reported on Footy Classified last night.

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Talking about it back on on page 23.

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17458-The-Tom-Boyd-Trade-Three-Years-On/page2

boydogs
25-09-2017, 07:34 PM

He's not bad mate. Was only traded because he wanted to go to Melbourne I think

The Doctor
25-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Talking about it back on on page 23.

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17458-The-Tom-Boyd-Trade-Three-Years-On/page2

I like to break the news after it's been broken!

I like that Carlton have become the GWS dunny!

GVGjr
25-09-2017, 07:47 PM
I'll buck the trend here but Tom Boyd hasn't repaid the faith and the investment we made in acquiring his services...not by a long way.

Now I'll be the first acknowledge and make allowances for Boyd in what what a very hard season for him but I think if all things work out for the better I can see a very long and productive career for him with us.
He's nowhere near his peak and I really hope the club can help him reach that.

3 years on and the appetite has just been whetted

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 08:13 PM
He's not bad mate. Was only traded because he wanted to go to Melbourne I think

Cheers bud. Marchbank is a good kick, that's something we should be fanatical about in our recruits at the moment

I like to break the news after it's been broken!

I like that Carlton have become the GWS dunny!

The man wiho knows... The man who can tell you what just happened again.

I'll buck the trend here but Tom Boyd hasn't repaid the faith and the investment we made in acquiring his services...not by a long way.

Now I'll be the first acknowledge and make allowances for Boyd in what what a very hard season for him but I think if all things work out for the better I can see a very long and productive career for him with us.

The fact that his real cameo came on the biggest day of he year is encouraging for mine. That he was able to step up in a grand final and match it with with some real stars. But it's producing that level of talent in standard games on a weekly basis that we need from Tom.

The Doctor
25-09-2017, 08:34 PM

However he repaid the faith when we needed it most.

ledge
25-09-2017, 08:37 PM
My only worry about Tom is he doesn't seem to demand the ball, make it his , crash the packs, get angry, scare the opposition.
Needs to get some real you know what In him.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-09-2017, 08:59 PM

Its an interesting argument.
I guess it depends how you set up the criteria for success. I guess i think of it as follows.
What was the purpose in signing him? Was he viewed as a necessary component toward attaining finals success? Was he a critical component towards winning our premiership?

If answering affirmative to those questions then I think you can judge his signing to be a success.
I personally think his prelim final was huge and his Grand Final even better. I actually think he deserved the Normie.

Now if we define success on criteria based on his consistency, quantity of match winning performances in relation to the terms of his contract then no.

But as someone who had given up on thinking I'd see a Bulldog premiership in my lifetime, I'm very happy with accepting the premise that if we didn't have Tom Boyd in either the Prelim or the GF then we don't have a premiership in 2016. And on that measure alone -even if he never plays another game I think its a successful trade.

That being said I truly hope Tom is revitalised next year and can contribute towards more success in the coming yearsand be the big time player we need, consistently.

Topdog
25-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Still annoyed we seemingly added pick 6 so easily

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Still annoyed we seemingly added pick 6 so easily

I don't think that GWS was going to consider a straight swap of Griffen for Boyd-an ageing injury prone super star for the #1 pick from the previous year (I think both were contracted at the time so it's not like one club held a whip hand there) but the offer should have been our second rounder instead of our first or we probably should have held out for a second rounder back our way. It would have been good to have another moving part to the trade.

Given the history of this trade I will predict that we trade Jake Stringer to GWS for the first round pick they got for Caleb Marchbank last year.

GVGjr
26-09-2017, 01:38 AM
However he repaid the faith when we needed it most.

If he was on a one or two year deal then yeah, but his deal is a bit longer than that

GVGjr
26-09-2017, 08:13 AM

He did well at Carlton last year, I was hoping we would have made a move for him when he was named as looking to come home.

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 09:43 AM
He did well at Carlton last year, I was hoping we would have made a move for him when he was named as looking to come home.

Yeah, Me too.

DOG GOD
26-09-2017, 11:58 AM
The GF certainly proved what Tommy is capable of. It's taking the bull by the horns mentality that's required on a weekly basis. For mine, he's too weak at the body, and he shouldn't be. He should be crashing packs, taking contested marks, and demanding the ball. Seems slow with decision making and kicking can be very erratic. I really hope he is a late developer, and over the next few years we see him being the player we are hoping.

He should just watch that GF over and over again...it shows he can do it....he's just got to believe it.

bornadog
26-09-2017, 12:09 PM
The GF certainly proved what Tommy is capable of. It's taking the bull by the horns mentality that's required on a weekly basis. For mine, he's too weak at the body, and he shouldn't be. He should be crashing packs, taking contested marks, and demanding the ball. Seems slow with decision making and kicking can be very erratic. I really hope he is a late developer, and over the next few years we see him being the player we are hoping.

He should just watch that GF over and over again...it shows he can do it....he's just got to believe it.

Did well in the prelim as well when Roughy went down and he basically had to ruck for the rest of the game

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 12:09 PM

It's a bit like Tom is scared of hurting somebody with the reluctance thing. If only we could replicate that gene or chemical or whatever it is that Zane Cordy has in him where he obviously takes great delight in hurting people and give some to Tom.

How ironic is it that all the trouble last year was over Tom punching Zaine?

Rocket Science
26-09-2017, 12:13 PM
It's a bit like Tom is scared of hurting somebody with the reluctance thing. If only we could replicate that gene or chemical or whatever it is that Zane Cordy has in him where he obviously takes great delight in hurting people and give some to Tom.

How ironic is it that all the trouble last year was over Tom punching Zaine?

I'll be very happy if he continues to have that effect on opponents.

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Did well in the prelim as well when Roughy went down and he basically had to ruck for the rest of the game

Sometimes ruckmen just come on with the responsibility of being the lone ruckman. Remember when Dempsey left we were all wondering what was going to happen and we discover a bloke, Ian Hamphire, who had played a 100 reserves games and who'd been sitting under our noses for five years was actually a champion ruckman?

Scott Wynd retires and Luke Darcy the bloke playing as a tall forward almost wins the Brownlow in his first year as he only ruckman (another bulldog player they changed he rules to stop dominating the ruck, God City Hal really, really hate us so much)

S Coast Simon
26-09-2017, 03:34 PM
That's right they did change the rules after that as he was dominating to much for the cronies in head office. Can't have that Footscray mob doing any good.
It was a smart trade as pick 6 is the dreaded top ten pick. It is cursed, not many champions from pick 6 in the history of the draft.

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 07:29 PM
That's right they did change the rules after that as he was dominating to much for the cronies in head office. Can't have that Footscray mob doing any good.
It was a smart trade as pick 6 is the dreaded top ten pick. It is cursed, not many champions from pick 6 in the history of the draft.

Jack Macrae.

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 11:21 PM
I'll be very happy if he continues to have that effect on opponents.

Driving people crazy mad at you is a special talent.

One of my old coaches told me that my most priceless asset on a football field was my "supremely punchable head"

Sedat
27-09-2017, 12:01 AM
We've already won the trade but we have the chance to double-down and humiliate GWS by making it look McLeod-esque. Griffen will be most likely retired in 12 months time and Boydy will have his best footy ahead of him for a further 8 years minimum.

Twodogs
27-09-2017, 01:25 AM
We've already won the trade but we have the chance to double-down and humiliate GWS by making it look McLeod-esque. Griffen will be most likely retired in 12 months time and Boydy will have his best footy ahead of him for a further 8 years minimum.

Who did they give up for Macleod? Was it Groom.

KT31
27-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Who did they give up for Macleod? Was it Groom.

It was Groom and Cornes who just got sacked as coach said he unhappy about the deal and would not have let it go through if he remained Adelades coach.

S Coast Simon
27-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Before Wingard no nuber 6 had won a flag, been named All Australian, won a best and fairest or even played 200 games. It's fair to say it's the cursed top ten pick. The best was Sampi 78 games or Walker 151 for Freo. I did like Machbank a bit this year in a terrible side under the pump.

Topdog
27-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Before Wingard no nuber 6 had won a flag, been named All Australian, won a best and fairest or even played 200 games. It's fair to say it's the cursed top ten pick. The best was Sampi 78 games or Walker 151 for Freo. I did like Machbank a bit this year in a terrible side under the pump.

Lol honestly can't believe someone has put so much thought into it

ledge
27-09-2017, 07:00 PM

Perfect for WOOF .. We need more !!

Twodogs
27-09-2017, 08:35 PM

I always thought it was common knowledge? Like our Guernsey #1 curse.

Topdog
28-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Sorry just don't believe in things being cursed

Twodogs
28-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Sorry just don't believe in things being cursed

Deep, deep down nobody does, it's just more fun.

westdog54
28-09-2017, 10:51 PM

Which makes Jack Macrae the first Pick 6 to win a premiership?

Twodogs
29-09-2017, 12:16 AM
Which makes Jack Macrae the first Pick 6 to win a premiership?

Next closest is Ashley Dampi playing in the 2005 GF then getting dropped through the year and missing the 2006 GF.