PDA

View Full Version : Impey trade worth

Topdog
01-10-2017, 06:15 PM
So talk of the town is that we are after him.
It's probably BS just based on him having dinner with Bont but anyway...

What's he worth? What would you be willing to give up?

bulldogtragic
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Key numbers

Draft pick 21, 2013 afl draft. 22 years, 75 games.

This year 20 games - 15 goals, 14 behinds - Average 12 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 inside 50's

Rocco Jones
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
So talk of the town is that we are after him.
It's probably BS just based on him having dinner with Bont but anyway...

What's he worth? What would you be willing to give up?

I would say a pick in early-mid 20s.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Tend to agree. Scuttlebutt on here that Port want Watts and vice versa. He'd be worth the same.

Watts - Port
Impey - Dogs
Pick 26 - Melbourne (possibly lower with FA compo involved)

That then helps the Lever deal for Melbourne.

Not sure what role we have for him. His career and 2017 stats aren't great.

azabob
01-10-2017, 06:33 PM

I think he is closer to a pick in the 40’s. His disposal efficiency is only mid 60%.
Not sure other than pace what he will add to our side?

ledge
01-10-2017, 06:34 PM
It might be a player .. Honeychurch ?

azabob
01-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Tend to agree. Scuttlebutt on here that Port want Watts and vice versa. He'd be worth the same.

Watts - Port
Impey - Dogs
Pick 26 - Melbourne (possibly lower with FA compo involved)

That then helps the Lever deal for Melbourne.

Not sure what role we have for him. His career and 2017 stats aren't great.

As you alude to his stats are poor - why would you give up a second round pick for him?

hujsh
01-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Is he a potential Rioli type? Seems to have played more half back but given his height and disposal numbers JJ maybe be better suited there (especially with our defensive structure). Don't know if he's worth a mid 30s pick based on stats (hard to gauge potential not having seen him play much) but 30s might be right.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2017, 06:38 PM
It might be a player .. Honeychurch ?

Maybe Crameri. Impey has 75 games and heading into his best years. Honeychurch has no runs on the board. But Crameri in a three way trade is closer to value I think.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2017, 06:45 PM
As you alude to his stats are poor - why would you give up a second round pick for him?

I'm actually thinking that the more I ponder. Thinking especially of what we can get from Crameri. I think if we could get a 30's pick for Crameri, I'd be a lot more comfortable with that. Geelong have reportably made an offer to Stew for 2 years. If we could nab their pick 34, that's about right. Then 39 for Crozier. Trengove as a FA. Leaving 9 & 26 still in tact.

azabob
01-10-2017, 06:47 PM
If we trade Impey for pick 26 and Stringer for pick 11 we will see a melt down to end all melt downs.

azabob
01-10-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm actually thinking that the more I ponder. Thinking especially of what we can get from Crameri. I think if we could get a 30's pick for Crameri, I'd be a lot more comfortable with that. Geelong have reportably made an offer to Stew for 2 years. If we could nab their pick 34, that's about right. Then 39 for Crozier. Trengove as a FA. Leaving 9 & 26 still in tact.

BT I think you are being generous with Crameri value. We’d more likely get their third round at best.

GVGjr
01-10-2017, 06:53 PM
While he would provide us with an effective small forward and midfielder we don't necessarily need him.
If it means talking an extra pick to the draft then that might be best for us.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2017, 07:06 PM
BT I think you are being generous with Crameri value. We’d more likely get their third round at best.

There would have to be some massaging. But 34 with possibly 4 free agent compos (Rockliff, Trengove, Motlop, other) makes it pick 38. Crameri for about pick 40 isn't too bad a deal. By the time they've finished with GAJ they'll likely have a new set of numbers.

Would Port take 38 for him? He's under contract, so I don't think so. But I'm not sure what role he's going to play. If it's because he's quick, I'd rather spend more on Saad. I get the link with Trengove, but on our list, im just trying to see how much he's going to add on the ground.

Bullies
01-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Supporters of Port don't rate him highly at all.

Rocco Jones
01-10-2017, 08:25 PM

They also don't rate literacy.

ledge
01-10-2017, 08:39 PM

They don't run the club, they have as much say as we do at our club with these decisions.

jazzadogs
01-10-2017, 08:51 PM
They don't run the club, they have as much say as we do at our club with these decisions.

I think he's providing that info as more of a 'buyer beware' scenario. From what I've read it is his skills and decision making that let him down, as well as a preference to play outside.

I don't want him.

Happy Days
01-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Impey is a very honest footballer with a good turn of pace, nothing more. I wouldn't be adverse to bringing him in but I also would hope we aren't exhausting ourselves over his recruitment.

jazzadogs
01-10-2017, 10:51 PM
FWIW I think there is probably limited substance to the rumours of us being interested in him anyway. The reporter only mentioned it a few hours after the photo of Bont eating dinner came out.

From the sounds of Trengove/Impey's friendship, it's not inconceivable that he was just there as a mate. Doesn't mean the club is chasing him.

Bulldog Revolution
02-10-2017, 09:47 AM
He's a moneyball pick - could be good value as a player with experience in a new environment but giving up pick 26 is ridiculous

My suspicion is Port are clearing cap for others and Inpey on moderate money is a target to be got rid of, as they don't rate his output they highly

anfo27
02-10-2017, 11:45 AM
I think Impey would be a decent pick up. Seems a player to me that still has plenty of room for improvement in his game & his attributes are in short supply at the kennel. Bevo is the type that can get his game to the next level.

G-Mo77
02-10-2017, 11:57 AM
What'd we get for Stevens and Hrovat. That's about what he's worth

chef
02-10-2017, 12:01 PM
The biggest worry with Impey is he isn't clean with his hands and his disposal is erratic from the games I've seen him play.

Not sure he's a great need for us. Would rather hit the draft than use a spot for him.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 12:09 PM
The biggest worry with Impey is he isn't clean with his hands and his disposal is erratic from the games I've seen him play.

Not sure he's a great need for us. Would rather hit the draft than use a spot for him.

I quite like him but like you I don't know how badly we need him. We might have more pressing needs

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 12:11 PM
What'd we get for Stevens and Hrovat. That's about what he's worth

Both the boys above were out of contract, Impey still has year to go on a contract. He might be worth a bit more than our two just on that factor.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Impey as a pressure small forward would be a good addition, but I can't speak to his work rate. He did have some issues this year though, which could explain a down year.

2 years ago Port were praising him and mentioning him as their biggest improver and one to watch.

Agree there's a question mark on his ball handling - he can be fumbly. I think his skills can be improved, especially if stationed in the forward line. Not sure he copes well with midfield/half back traffic.

Cost is an interesting one - probably depends on a few factors, such as Port likely needing to clear cap space for a few players and how close of a relationship the Trengove/Impey one is.

Sedat
02-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I quite like him but like you I don't know how badly we need him. We might have more pressing needs
I reckon our defensive pressure in the forward line was deplorable this season and placed enormous pressure on our backline as a result. It's an area we need to improve - only need to look at the 2017 premiers to see how effective it can be in nullifying opposition strengths.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
I reckon our defensive pressure in the forward line was deplorable this season and placed enormous pressure on our backline as a result. It's an area we need to improve - only need to look at the 2017 premiers to see how effective it can be in nullifying opposition strengths.

That's cute. You thought we had any defensive pressure in the forward line this year. :D

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
He's gonna be a very good player he's got a lot of things going for him but he'll be extremely hard to pry loose. I don't think there's anything in the rumors at all.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2017, 12:31 PM

The beauty of it is that they don't need to be stars either - Richmond's small forwards are average, with Rioli being the exception.

GVGjr
02-10-2017, 12:35 PM

I think that is why we are interested in Crozier who does the same. Agree it's an area we need to improve on but I think Crozier is more likely to be headed our way.
I don't mind Impey but we could also find the same type at the draft this year.

ledge
02-10-2017, 12:42 PM
I think that is why we are interested in Crozier who does the same. Agree it's an area we need to improve on but I think Crozier is more likely to be headed our way.
I don't mind Impey but we could also find the same type at the draft this year.

Nowadays it's all about playing your role, Biggs is great example of this, you don't need to be a star just play your role.
I would go to say he got us that flag with his unbelievable tackling and never give up attitude in that one play.
It lifted us and got us the goal that probably started the doubt in Sydney.

G-Mo77
02-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Both the boys above were out of contract, Impey still has year to go on a contract. He might be worth a bit more than our two just on that factor.

Then we should go and draft someone rather than pay overs for a fringe player.

ratsmac
02-10-2017, 01:41 PM
He's gonna be a very good player he's got a lot of things going for him but he'll be extremely hard to pry loose. I don't think there's anything in the rumors at all.
I agree. He was in Melbourne for the grand final sprint. Being close to Trengove he joined him for dinner with his new team mate Bontempelli. Someone saw them and took a quick snap and the rumours start. I've heard nothing else to suggest that he is even up for trade.

And as far as being a fast player in concerned, Suckling made it into the final of the grand final sprints and Impey didn't. Now that's concerning:D

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Yeah. Impey can run a 10.20sec 100 metres which is almost as fast as me.

Rocco Jones
02-10-2017, 03:01 PM
In terms of footy, it is more important to be (repetitively) fast over 20m than 100m.

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 04:21 PM
In terms of footy, it is more important to be (repetitively) fast over 20m than 100m.

Sure, it's great to be pacy and have high constitution. Still, it's far easier to work on your fitness and repeat efforts than it is to gain an extra yard or two of pace. He gets to 20 metres faster than most.

Twodogs
02-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Yeah. Impey can run a 10.20sec 100 metres which is almost as fast as me.

I lose interest in running after about 2.5 seconds,

Rocco Jones
02-10-2017, 05:03 PM
I saw an article about players at their peak speed and Impey was second in the league. Along with his defensive pressure, I see him as a moneyball signing as in a small forward pressure role.

Rocket Science
02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
While on paper we could use more pace, and scoring options, and forward pressure, recruiting a bloke because he's quick is a bit like recruiting a bloke because he's tall.

He's not terribly creative nor a particularly clean user and most of Impey's goals are out the back specials, which he'd have to work twice as hard for in our forward line. His tackle averages are also about half of Clay Smith's over the past 2 years, and we rag on Clay for lack of forward pressure.

Unsure if he has the ability to offer some run and carry further upfield, but unless he was chipping in with a couple of timely goals each week I also suspect he'd be one of those guys consistently on the selection bubble.

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I lose interest in running after about 2.5 seconds,

Yeah I get bored driving 100 metres

bulldogtragic
02-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Impey did kick 15.14 this year. So he's not accurate goal kicking with Port. But with us that's impressive.

Also, it negates our R. Smith playing on a Jarman. Put them in the same team so I never have to think about it.

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 07:17 PM
While on paper we could use more pace, and scoring options, and forward pressure, recruiting a bloke because he's quick is a bit like recruiting a bloke because he's tall.

He's not terribly creative nor a particularly clean user and most of Impey's goals are out the back specials, which he'd have to work twice as hard for in our forward line. His tackle averages are also about half of Clay Smith's over the past 2 years, and we rag on Clay for lack of forward pressure.

Unsure if he has the ability to offer some run and carry further upfield, but unless he was chipping in with a couple of timely goals each week I also suspect he'd be one of those guys consistently on the selection bubble.

Your under-rating him IMO. He's young, an a bustling big-bodied Indigenous player. I don't like him cause he's Indigenous but I have watched him closely because of it. He's a bit of a wrecking ball, runs hard in straight lines, breaks tackles because he has good core strength and works hard. He's certainly not just quick he's a young bull who works hard and has footy nous. We need him he'll be shit hot after 100 games, provided you can accept his disposal inefficiency.

Our biggest asset in the Impey trade is Trengove. Impey is the better footballer but Trengove the more mature person and Impey knows it. Impey needs Trengove in his life and we have Trengove. Aside form all the photos and news articles, the only reason I think we have a chance with Impey is because we appear to have Trengove. Impey's old man passed a while back and he hangs with Trengove constantly. It's potentially a two for one deal and I don't mind the acquisition of Impey at all.

Twodogs
02-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Your under-rating him IMO. He's young, an a bustling big-bodied Indigenous player. I don't like him cause he's Indigenous but I have watched him closely because of it. He's a bit of a wrecking ball, runs hard in straight lines, breaks tackles because he has good core strength and works hard. He's certainly not just quick he's a young bull who works hard and has footy nous. We need him he'll be shit hot after 100 games, provided you can accept his disposal inefficiency.

Our biggest asset in the Impey trade is Trengove. Impey is the better footballer but Trengove the more mature person and Impey knows it. Impey needs Trengove in his life and we have Trengove. Aside form all the photos and news articles, the only reason I think we have a chance with Impey is because we appear to have Trengove. Impey's old man passed a while back and he hangs with Trengove constantly. It's potentially a two for one deal and I don't mind the acquisition of Impey at all.

You actually mean "the fact he's indigineous isn't the only reason I like him" rather than "I don't like him cause he's indigineous" don't you?

jazzadogs
02-10-2017, 09:59 PM
You actually mean "the fact he's indigineous isn't the only reason I like him" rather than "I don't like him cause he's indigineous" don't you?

It took me a few goes to find the meaning there as well but I'm confident that's what he meant.

"I don't like him purely because he's indigenous, but I have watched him closely because I am interested by the development of indigenous players"

1eyedog
02-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Sorry yes I'm Indigenous as a few on here know. I'm on school hols with the kids and had an early session with some fishing on the river earlier :D

Twodogs
03-10-2017, 04:05 AM
Sorry yes I'm Indigenous as a few on here know. I'm on school hols with the kids and had an early session with some fishing on the river earlier :D

I thought so. I knew you were indigineous so I kind of extrapolated what you must have meant.

Ozza
03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
There doesn't appear to be anything behind the link of Impey/Bulldogs.

Kane Cornes dismissed it this morning, saying that Port love Impey and he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Mofra
03-10-2017, 04:52 PM
There doesn't appear to be anything behind the link of Impey/Bulldogs.

Kane Cornes dismissed it this morning, saying that Port love Impey and he wouldn't be going anywhere.
Acccording to Port fans Impey's dad asked Trengove to look after him shortly before Impey's dad passed away.
I imagine the closeness of the pair is where the rumours started.

Axe Man
04-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Port seem open to the possibility of Impey leaving (not sure who the quote is from):

HAS JARMAN IMPEY PLAYED HIS LAST GAME FOR PORT?

“You never say never, he's certainly a player that Ken (Hinkley) likes. He's out of contract end of next year.
“We understand nature of the trade period.... If Jarman wants to go, then we'll have to look at what deals are there.”

The Bulldogs Bite
04-10-2017, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_WsnuxJAg

Very impressive highlights.

Big fan of Impey and hope we can land him, gives us everything we are crying out for - super quick, aggressive and a willingness to run and carry the footy.

Think he was poor this year for various reasons, namely his father passing.

Will be extremely disappointed if Hawthorn beat us to the punch here.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Big fan of Impey and hope we can land him, gives us everything we are crying out for - super quick, aggressive and a willingness to run and carry the footy.

Hawthorn's first pick is 32 (34 after FA). Assuming they offer that, we'd have to offer our 26 (27 after FA).

GVGjr
04-10-2017, 12:04 PM

As BT mentioned, right at this moment we can beat the Hawks to the punch and the fact that his good mate is most likely coming to us then that could factor into the decision.

Given the positions available currently on our list then trading for Impey could put a ruler through Crozier unless we are going to trade a player or two form our list.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2017, 12:11 PM
As BT mentioned, right at this moment we can beat the Hawks to the punch and the fact that his good mate is most likely coming to us then that could factor into the decision.

Given the positions available currently on our list then trading for Impey could put a ruler through Crozier unless we are going to trade a player or two form our list.

I'd be happy with 6-7 turnover:

In: Impey, Trengove, Crozier, pick 9, pick 11, pick 40-50 (from Crameri), pick 80 (Smith elevation) - 7 incoming, with 3 live picks

Out: Bob, Boyd, Hamilton, Stringer, Crameri, Honeychurch, Campbell - 7 outgoing

Stringer & 11 cancel each other if there's no deal. If we can land a gun with 9, either straight or a sizable downgrade, I'd think about a 2 pick strategy.

ratsmac
04-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Yep, after watching that highlight package I want him. I love how he constantly backs himself to run and bounce. With how footy is played today, players that can run into space breaks open zones and creates opportunity for others. Exactly the player we need.

Now can someone post a lowlights package. Highlight packages can be deceiving.

jazzadogs
04-10-2017, 12:16 PM

His one handed bounces and kicking action at pace could do with work, but I'd be happy with a second rounder for him. Think we could snag a 2018 3rd or 4th back in the deal?

The Bulldogs Bite
04-10-2017, 12:19 PM

I would think we could get both.

Possible Outs: Stringer (potentially), Crameri (potentially), Honeychurch (potentially), Campbell (potentially), Boyd, Murphy, Hamilton.
Possible Ins: Pick 9, Pick 11, Pick 26, Pick 39, Trengove, Impey, Crozier

We have a bit to play with in terms of 7 possible outs - there may be more outside of this list too - but it does highlight to me that we cannot upgrade R. Smith to the senior list. If I had it my way, I'd delist and re-rookie and I'd also delist Lynch.

I would assume Crozier could be got on the cheap, either through a late pick or pick upgrade. I would do 26 for Impey + 47 or 66 and pass this onto Fremantle for Crozier.

Take Pick 9, Pick 11 and Pick 39 to the draft.

GVGjr
04-10-2017, 12:20 PM
I'd be happy with 6-7 turnover:

In: Impey, Trengove, Crozier, pick 9, pick 11, pick 40-50 (from Crameri), pick 80 (Smith elevation) - 7 incoming, with 3 live picks

Out: Bob, Boyd, Hamilton, Stringer, Crameri, Honeychurch, Campbell - 7 outgoing

Stringer & 11 cancel each other if there's no deal. If we can land a gun with 9, I'd think about a 2 pick strategy.

Seems OK to me, as you know I'd prefer that we are active each year. At the moment the indications are that we will make 5 changes or maybe 6 changes if Stringer goes. That would leave us with 2 (if 5 changes) and maybe 3 (if 6) players arriving from other clubs and 2 (if 5 changes) or maybe 3 (if 6) live picks at the draft.

The Underdog
04-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I’m not convinced Impey is on the move but if we can pick him up for 26, Crozier for a 3rd, Trengove as a FA and get an early pick back for Stringer then I’d be pretty happy. I’m not as convinced on the need to bring in a ruck unless we have severe doubts over Boyd or Roughead’s fitness. English will need to start playing at some point too. A 4th option after that should see us through.

Twodogs
04-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Yep, after watching that highlight package I want him. I love how he constantly backs himself to run and bounce. With how footy is played today, players that can run into space breaks open zones and creates opportunity for others. Exactly the player we need.

Now can someone post a lowlights package. Highlight packages can be deceiving.

There's a niche YouTube channel right there.

boydogs
04-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Impey is a bit kamikaze with the ball, wouldn't give more than a third rounder

anfo27
04-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I think if Motlop ends up at Port than Impey might be surplus to requirements. I'm very keen on Impey, so heres hoping Motlop chooses Port.

azabob
04-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Impey is a bit kamikaze with the ball, wouldn't give more than a third rounder

My thoughts exactly.

Rocket Science
04-10-2017, 09:45 PM
My thoughts exactly.

+1

Shades of Dahlhaus and his tendency towards haphazard, scrappy ball handling that kills possession chains dead and too often hurts us going the other way.

It's a sin of commission rather than omission but that makes it no less costly.

Axe Man
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
IMPEY OUT OF THE POWER?

PORT Adelaide premiership player Kane Cornes says Jarman Impey has played his last game for the Power.

Cornes believes Impey will return to Victoria during the trade period, with Hawthorn keen to secure his services.

“I’m hearing that Jarman Impey will be leaving the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Cornes said on AFL Trade Radio.

“Hawthorn have a really keen interest in Jarman Impey. How they get that deal done, I’m not exactly sure. When you look at Hawthorn, they aren’t exactly blessed with draft picks.

“They (Hawthorn) have shown a huge interest in Jarman Impey who has struggled since the passing of his father and does want to be closer to family back in Victoria.

“He does have a close relationship with Jackson Tregrove. The fact that he (Tregrove) is leaving means that Impey will be leaving the Port Adelaide Football Club.”

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Hawks thinks they will get him with pick 32 or later

1eyedog
05-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Hawks thinks they will get him with pick 32 or later

Would you give up 26 for him? He's officially informed Port he's out.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Might be more interesting to guess FA compo. Rockliff first round, Trengove second round, Motlop mid second round.

Dogs: Pick 27
Hawks: Pick 35

That's a big difference to Port, 8 picks higher. Is he worth 27?

Edit: unless Taylor Duryea goes as a free agent for a second rounder, netting them Pick 25.

1eyedog
05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Might be more interesting to guess FA compo. Rockliff first round, Trengove second round, Motlop mid second round.

It's slightly overs but not much and I'd yield that up. Depends how much we want him.

Actually despite his deficiences I think we really need his type. If we are into him we're in the box seat.

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Edit: unless Taylor Duryea goes as a free agent for a second rounder, netting them Pick 25.

There will be no compo for Trengove will there because Port are getting a FA themselves. Rockcliff will be end of first round I suspect

Pick 38 is probably on the money but maybe it has to be 26 with potentially something coming back to us.

jeemak
05-10-2017, 01:49 PM
I love that in a reasonable market Impey is worth more than Stringer is in an unreasonable market.

Essendon eh.....

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 02:26 PM
There will be no compo for Trengove will there because Port are getting a FA themselves. Rockcliff will be end of first round I suspect

Pick 38 is probably on the money but maybe it has to be 26 with potentially something coming back to us.

Then it's our 27 to Hawks 34 (7 picks). Hawks beat us with 34 over our 38, unless they have a fringe player of ours that makes them happy with a lower pick.

Bulldog Revolution
05-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Then it's our 27 to Hawks 34 (7 picks). Hawks beat us with 34 over our 38, unless they have a fringe player of ours that makes them happy with a lower pick.

I'm not keen on offering up 27 for him - I'd like to take either 2 or 3 picks in the top 30 and add some run and dash, and elite kicking - basically 3 Lindsay Gilbee types

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm not keen on offering up 27 for him - I'd like to take either 2 or 3 picks in the top 30 and add some run and dash, and elite kicking - basically 3 Lindsay Gilbee types

And guess what, they're available

The problem is at the moment we probably don't have the spots for 3 if we acquire Trengove and one other in a trade.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 03:14 PM

I tend to agree unless guns come out of the woodwork. Depends what we can get for Crameri also, with pick 38 and any fringe players as to whether we can work a way to grab he and Crozier if that's our desire to get both.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 03:17 PM
And guess what, they're available

The problem is at the moment we probably don't have the spots for 3 if we acquire Trengove and one other in a trade.

Then we need to cut harder. Bob, Boyd, Stringer, Crameri, Hamilton, Honey & Campbell = 7 (Trengove, 2 trades, 4 draft picks)

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Then we need to cut harder. Bob, Boyd, Stringer, Crameri, Hamilton, Honey & Campbell = 7 (Trengove, 2 trades, 4 draft picks)

I haven't factored in Stringer or Campbell because they're contracted plus I think we have to concede that R.Smith will be upgraded
That means as it currently stands we have Trengove and one other player we can trade for, R.Smith as an upgrade and 2 live picks in the draft.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 03:25 PM
I haven't factored in Stringer or Campbell because they're contracted plus I think we have to concede that R.Smith will be upgraded
That means as it currently stands we have Trengove and one other player we can trade for, R.Smith as an upgrade and 2 live picks in the draft.

Everyone is going to Essendon so we can all relax.

Go_Dogs
05-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Everyone is going to Essendon so we can all relax.

We need a spongey floor.

Twodogs
06-10-2017, 03:04 AM
We need a spongey floor.

And we will get a 30 yo Cooney type with a knee that really loves a spongey floor.

1eyedog
06-10-2017, 11:22 AM
TRENGOVE THE RECURITER
Soon to be Western Bulldogs player Jackson Trengove has mention on Trade Radio that he's been trying to recruit Jarman Impey to the Bulldogs.
Trengove on Impey: He's got a really big decision to make. I've been working on trying to get him to the Dogs!

bulldogtragic
06-10-2017, 11:24 AM
TRENGOVE THE RECURITER
Soon to be Western Bulldogs player Jackson Trengove has mention on Trade Radio that he's been trying to recruit Jarman Impey to the Bulldogs.
Trengove on Impey: He's got a really big decision to make. I've been working on trying to get him to the Dogs!

So two salaries, player and assistant list manager! Interesting to see what happens.

1eyedog
06-10-2017, 11:25 AM
So two salaries, player and assistant list manager! Interesting to see what happens.

Yeah looks like you've got a new assistant mate.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-10-2017, 11:27 AM
TRENGOVE THE RECURITER

I like Trengove already.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah looks like you've got a new assistant mate.

Only if he pulls it off on the cheap. I have Peter Gordon like standards. :D

bulldogsthru&thru
06-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Apparently visited both Dogs and Hawks yesterday.....

GVGjr
06-10-2017, 11:48 AM

It's in his best interest to nominate us. He can continue to develop his game with a great mentor and club

bulldogsthru&thru
06-10-2017, 11:54 AM
It's in his best interest to nominate us. He can continue to develop his game with a great mentor and club

Might come down to $$? He can continue to play with his best mate and for a side that desperately needs his pace and should play finals for the next few years. The hawks are an unknown and will be in transition for a few more years.

GVGjr
06-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Might come down to $$? He can continue to play with his best mate and for a side that desperately needs his pace and should play finals for the next few years. The hawks are an unknown and will be in transition for a few more years.

It shouldn't come down to dollars with Impey. The smart play is to go where you think you will fit in the best and enjoy playing footy.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2017, 12:02 PM
It shouldn't come down to dollars with Impey. The smart play is to go where you think you will fit in the best and enjoy playing footy.

We know we have Hawks covered for trade currency. I guess it’s how much we want him.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2017, 12:02 PM

And where was JT yesterday...

Doc26
06-10-2017, 12:12 PM
I did like how Jackson said in his interview on TradeRadio this morning, to Cooney, that he knows which Club he would be recommending Jarman to move to if he has a say in it. He's clearly keen on Jarman to join him at the kennel.

He was further asked about his thoughts on Luke Beveridge, to which he couldn't have been more glowing in his appraisal to date, saying how he's clearly a coach who cares for his players.

It was just the right tonic to hear given the shenanigans that are continuing to play out with Jake, and the hyperbole being spewed out by those in the media who have little clue with managing lists and understanding value and who are often so conflicted (and lacking professionalism) that their bias is leading their agenda.

Bulldog Revolution
07-10-2017, 10:59 PM
For a 3-4 pick advantage is the real difference now on Inpey telling Port where he wants to go?

Im getting keener to add him

bulldogtragic
07-10-2017, 11:35 PM
For a 3-4 pick advantage is the real difference now on Inpey telling Port where he wants to go?

Im getting keener to add him

If our years & dollars are good, compared to Hawks, hopefully he takes our clubs offer.

1eyedog
07-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Impey doesn't get it enough. I like him when he has it but you can't impact games averaging 12 disposals unless you're kicking goals, and he's not. I'm not sure I'd give up 27 for him.

Remi Moses
08-10-2017, 01:02 AM
I reckon a pick in the 30's for impey, he's not an earlier pick for mine .

Avoid the rush
08-10-2017, 10:20 AM
I did like how Jackson said in his interview on TradeRadio this morning, to Cooney, that he knows which Club he would be recommending Jarman to move to if he has a say in it. He's clearly keen on Jarman to join him at the kennel.

He was further asked about his thoughts on Luke Beveridge, to which he couldn't have been more glowing in his appraisal to date, saying how he's clearly a coach who cares for his players.

It was just the right tonic to hear given the shenanigans that are continuing to play out with Jake, and the hyperbole being spewed out by those in the media who have little clue with managing lists and understanding value and who are often so conflicted (and lacking professionalism) that their bias is leading their agenda.

Spot on Doc !!! Bloody "list manager" now trying to downgrade Stringer's worth, saying he is not worth 1st round pick. Lloyd, Cooney (Essendon sycophant) and Robbo also downplaying his worth in the draft. We should hold out for what we are asking for and stuff them all if we don't get it. Not the worst result to keep him if we have to.

Avoid the rush
08-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Spot on Doc !!! Bloody "list manager" now trying to downgrade Stringer's worth, saying he is not worth 1st round pick. Lloyd, Cooney (Essendon sycophant) and Robbo also downplaying his worth in the draft. We should hold out for what we are asking for and stuff them all if we don't get it. Not the worst result to keep him if we have to.

Now I hear a player manager putting his 2 bob worth. Oh...yea... Scott Lucas another Essendon flog.

bornadog
08-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Tom Browne reporting Impey has chosen Hawks

comrade
08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Seems whoever does the pitching for our club isn't very good at it.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Still a young team. Lots of guys your age, like Bonts who you had dinner with. Your best mate has joined us.

... No thanks.

bornadog
08-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Perhaps he prefers a bottom 8 club.

macca
08-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Hawks must see lots of upside , as his disposal efficient is only 67% . He was recruited in 2013', I believe our 2014 players like McLean , bailey Dale and Caleb are way ahead of him
Some good stats at footywire
Interesting Amon has 71% efficiency and more meters gained . Will do a comparison when infront of cOmputer

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-port-adelaide-power--jarman-impe

Hawks must like th idea of getting a Jarman

There is a half back role there for Lynch to be filled !

bornadog
08-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Hawks must see lots of upside , as his disposal efficient is only 67% . He was recruited in 2013', I believe our 2014 players like McLean , bailey Dale and Caleb are way ahead of him
Some good stats at footywire
Interesting Amon has 71% efficiency and more meters gained . Will do a comparison when infront of cOmputer

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-port-adelaide-power--jarman-impe

Hawks must like th idea of getting a Jarmen !

#dodgedabullit

The Bulldogs Bite
08-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Whenever we are in competition with another club for a player, we routinely miss out.

Needs to change.

Remi Moses
08-10-2017, 08:57 PM
For Jarman Impey ? Just a player

Topdog
08-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Only Browne reporting it. No announcement. Doubt a decision has been made and the of person who knows is Browne AND he waited until the news to announce it.

He very may well choose the Hawks but i believe Stringer chose Geelong 4 times before actually making a decision to join the bombers

bulldogtragic
08-10-2017, 09:04 PM
For Jarman Impey ? Just a player

I think TBB is saying why on most occasions can't we convince a player, in a two horse race, to pick us? Irrespective of the player. In some cases, like throwing years and huge money at Lonergan, we couldn't convince him.

Come to think of it we've done really well with players whose teams, and most teams didn't want like Biggs & Hamling.

If we only get Trengove & Crozier with out currency and huge cap to use, that's a meek trade period. If Stringer goes for anything under 11 it will be another poor trade period.

GVGjr
08-10-2017, 09:11 PM

That's not too bad. It means we can now have look at other options

He's made a mistake picking the Hawks though

GVGjr
08-10-2017, 09:15 PM
I think TBB is saying why on most occasions can't we convince a player, in a two horse race, to pick us? Irrespective of the player. In some cases, like throwing years and huge money at Lonergan, we couldn't convince him.

Come to think of it we've done really well with players whose teams, and most teams didn't want like Biggs & Hamling.

If we only get Trengove & Crozier with out currency and huge cap to use, that's a meek trade period. If Stringer goes for anything under 11 it will be another poor trade period.

We thought we were a destination club but in reality we aren't. It's the nature of the AFL at the moment.

There is a certain amount of compromise we need to accept. I'm not happy about it but we just need to keep rolling up the sleeves.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2017, 09:18 PM
We thought we were a destination club but in reality we aren't. It's the nature of the AFL at the moment.

There is a certain amount of compromise we need to accept. I'm not happy about it but we just need to keep rolling up the sleeves.

Bang on. I would've thought a young team winning a premiership, with huge parade, GF sweet hearts, crowds, Friday night games ... Would count for something with players. But not. As you say, scratch his name off the list and keep on truckin.

Bulldog4life
08-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Possibly he wants to play with Cyril

ratsmac
08-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Only Browne reporting it. No announcement. Doubt a decision has been made and the of person who knows is Browne AND he waited until the news to announce it.

He very may well choose the Hawks but i believe Stringer chose Geelong 4 times before actually making a decision to join the bombers

Off topic but from my knowledge Jake hasn't yet made a decision has he? Yet again all the journal's have said for the past 3 weeks that Jake will make his decision is the next couple of days. They just guess and hope they get it right .

Remi Moses
08-10-2017, 09:44 PM

I'm upset if we don't land a big fish ( Hurley)but to be honest Impey is pretty small fry .

GVGjr
08-10-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm upset if we don't land a big fish ( Hurley)but to be honest Impey is pretty small fry .

And yet we did a great job there and left noting to chance but in the end the player opted for a god father offer by a club that manipulated the system.
Players are often poorly advised by their managers as well.

kruder
08-10-2017, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if poppy was on his way out after the Impey news

Remi Moses
08-10-2017, 09:54 PM
And yet we did a great job there and left noting to chance but in the end the player opted for a god father offer by a club that manipulated the system.
Players are often poorly advised by their managers as well.

We did , and they had to up their offer . I reckon that's what Dodoro is annoyed about with us .

Remi Moses
08-10-2017, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if poppy was on his way out after the Impey news

There was murmurings GWS were into Poppy .
He'd be handy for us with his forward pressure, and we were keen in his draft year.

Bulldog Revolution
08-10-2017, 10:08 PM
There was murmurings GWS were into Poppy .
He'd be handy for us with his forward pressure, and we were keen in his draft year.

Do you mean WOOF was keen or the club

Because I know woofers thought he was the logical Harbrow replacement

Twodogs
08-10-2017, 10:38 PM
#dodgedabullit

I agree. Looking at his disposal it's a little on the Kamikaze side we'd be tearing our hair out a fortnight into the season.

Bang on. I would've thought a young team winning a premiership, with huge parade, GF sweet hearts, crowds, Friday night games ... Would count for something with players. But not. As you say, scratch his name off the list and keep on truckin.

What else can we do or offer than what you've listed? Do we lie to players and say "join the Bulldogs and your reward will be 76 virgins"? We can only offer what we can offer and it's a fair bit.

I reckon we are underselling the lure of playing in blockbuster games at the MCG in the home and away season has on players. Look at Melbourne. They are a joke of a club. They have acheived nothing and will more than likely continue to deliver nothing. But players nominate them. Is it because they have the Queens Birthday game to sell to them?

Webby
08-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Genuine bad blood has developed between Adelaide and Melbourne re Lever.

Any chance it could play out that we're suddenly in the frame?

GVGjr
08-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Genuine bad blood has developed between Adelaide and Melbourne re Lever.

Any chance it could play out that we're suddenly in the frame?

That would make it interesting. With Trengove locked we actually might have enough defensive talls but we'd have to consider it.

Would we be prepared to cough up 2 x first rounders?

bornadog
09-10-2017, 12:05 AM
That would make it interesting. With Trengove locked we actually might have enough defensive talls but we'd have to consider it.

Do you honestly believe Lever is worth two first rounders? I personally don't, I think a top ten pick and maybe throw in a player.

Webby
09-10-2017, 12:09 AM
I couldn't see us giving up two first rounders. However I couldn't see Melbourne doing so, either.

jazzadogs
09-10-2017, 12:11 AM

I'd actually be really annoyed if we went back into the frame. To give up even one first rounder for a key defender would be poor list management, given our current excess of tall defenders. I understand that Lever is better than others on our list, but he should not be in any way a priority.

If our first rounder is being traded, it needs to be for a quick skillful outside midfielder. Otherwise it goes to the draft, and does not get used on a KPP.

Dry Rot
09-10-2017, 12:59 AM

So do we now go hard for Saad?

Twodogs
09-10-2017, 01:17 AM
Do you honestly believe Lever is worth two first rounders? I personally don't, I think a top ten pick and maybe throw in a player.

No. I wouldn't.

I'd actually be really annoyed if we went back into the frame. To give up even one first rounder for a key defender would be poor list management, given our current excess of tall defenders. I understand that Lever is better than others on our list, but he should not be in any way a priority.

If our first rounder is being traded, it needs to be for a quick skillful outside midfielder. Otherwise it goes to the draft, and does not get used on a KPP.

Say we got a first rounder for Jake Stringer? Then we have two first round picks. Would you then give that pick (say pick 11) and Lewis Young for him?

Happy Days
09-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Say we got a first rounder for Jake Stringer? Then we have two first round picks. Would you then give that pick (say pick 11) and Lewis Young for him?

Yes. Instantly. I would run away afterward too.

macca
09-10-2017, 01:42 AM

He got toweled by Townsend, who at the start of the year could not get a game. On Big stage , little return . Second rounder , Adelaide know it, Melbourne have offered.

How the hell managed to get Hibberd

Twodogs
09-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Yes. Instantly. I would run away afterward too.

Of course Lewis would go on to captain coach Adelalaide to a hatrick of premierships by the age of 25.

GVGjr
09-10-2017, 02:46 AM
So do we now go hard for Saad?

I'm surprised he's not on our radar but losing out on Impey probably means we focus more on Crozier

Bulldog4life
09-10-2017, 09:58 AM
He got toweled by Townsend, who at the start of the year could not get a game. On Big stage , little return . Second rounder , Adelaide know it, Melbourne have offered.

How the hell managed to get Hibberd

Yes Lever had only a fair finals series.

hujsh
10-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Has chosen the Hawks after meeting Clarkson (who'd have guessed)

Apparently felt Clarkson had a good report with Indigenous players.

Rocket Science
10-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Getting to play and develop alongside Cyril would've been attractive too I'd imagine.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Has chosen the Hawks after meeting Clarkson (who'd have guessed)

Apparently felt Clarkson had a good report with Indigenous players.

Did our trade team and Bevo turn up to meet him with Tiki torches? How do our guys not have a good rapport with indigenous players? Or do most indigenous players know how poor our recent record is in keeping and developing them?

Twodogs
10-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Getting to play and develop alongside Cyril would've been attractive too I'd imagine.

And a better than average chance of playing finals and winning flags.