PDA

View Full Version : Inside the mind of Stuart Dew

Dry Rot
08-10-2017, 03:24 AM
OK, say you are Stuart Dew and you have taken on the poison chalice of coaching the Suns. What do you do in this trade and draft period?

First up, coming from the mythical Bloods culture (that folds in finals), you'll want a lot tougher Suns midfield group. Maybe he can persuade an old trooper like Jack to go north for a couple of seasons, but he needs more.

We have a lot of inside mids. I wonder if we'll get some interesting offers? And should we take them?

boydogs
08-10-2017, 03:33 AM
They need some hard at it, consistent triers. Mitch Wallis types

GVGjr
08-10-2017, 03:59 AM
They need a couple of solid players that want to play and lead the club. They need also need to have a good think if Clayton should be at the club because they haven't got a good enough return for the draft picks they have.

Dew will bring in a player or two from Sydney without doubt. Perhaps Towers

They need to build a team first culture and to follow the Lions approach of drafting good citizens.

He needs a season to bring a harder edge to the team

Twodogs
08-10-2017, 05:57 AM
I reckon the first thing Stuart Dew will ask himself is "where are all the pies? They said there would be pies?"

macca
08-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Sam Gibson be one who would fit he profile of hard Trainers and triers

Lachlan Hansen could be another good fit.

Both players believe they have some years left in footy

bornadog
08-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Personally, I think GC are a lost cause being stuck on the Gold Coast and I hope they fold and become Tassie. As for GWS, well they can still relocate to Canberra where there is a bit of a following of AFL.

macca
08-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Personally, I think GC are a lost cause being stuck on the Gold Coast and I hope they fold and become Tassie. As for GWS, well they can still relocate to Canberra where there is a bit of a following of AFL.

They can rebadge the club : greater south west sydney

Twodogs
08-10-2017, 09:27 PM
They can rebadge the club : (Now a) greater (distance) south west (of) sydney (than we started out being)

Further rebadged. To Tassie.

Dry Rot
10-10-2017, 01:54 AM
Sam Gibson be one who would fit he profile of hard Trainers and triers

Lachlan Hansen could be another good fit.

Both players believe they have some years left in footy

Players like Dahlhaus and Wallis would be on his radar.

Twodogs
10-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Players like Dahlhaus and Wallis would be on his radar.

Mitch Wallis wouldn't be interested.

LostDoggy
10-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Mitch Honeychurch would fit them fairly well too. GWS are reportedly keen on HC. Suddenly, we may get something useful for HC when he was widely seen as a likely delistee not long ago.