PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Fixture

Eastdog
09-10-2017, 04:09 AM
What are we hoping for with our fixture for season 2018?

As we finished between 7th-12th will be getting a fixture in the "medium range". Nowadays no "easy" games.

Danny the snakeman
09-10-2017, 04:24 AM
What are we hoping for with our fixture for season 2018?

As we finished between 7th-12th will be getting a fixture in the "medium range". Nowadays no "easy" games.

Didn't help us this year.

bornadog
09-10-2017, 05:42 AM
I would expect at least 4 Friday night games, including Good Friday with North and us as the home team this time. Season opener to continue with Collingwood.

boydogs
09-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Should be pretty balanced, less Friday nights and more Sunday twilights than in 2017 but not as bad previous years

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
10-10-2017, 04:10 PM
And two at Ballarat

Throughandthrough
11-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I have to spend a week in Melbourne for work sometime in about 6 months, desperately want a Friday night match around that time so I can work out what week to be there!

Prince Imperial
26-10-2017, 10:23 PM
There are only five days between this round 1 Sunday game and Good Friday, so the AFL have surely booted us out of the fixture after just one year and despite large number of our supporters attending what was an away game for us this year.

Really hoping for North and St Kilda/Carlton to get a crap crowd and for the League to be roasted over this rubbish decision.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/greater-western-sydney-giants/afl-draw-2018-gws-giants-set-to-launch-season-against-western-bulldogs-at-manuka-oval-20171025-gz7x6k.html

http://www.footyology.com.au/afl-needs-to-show-some-good-faith-on-good-friday-fixture/

Greystache
26-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Brace yourselves, we are going to get pummeled by the AFL with their fixture. They were pissed about giving us a reasonable return last year (while still being so petty as to make nearly all Friday nights away games) and having not lived up to expectations they'll use that as an excuse to give us a draw worthy of a wooden spooner.

I predict;

- Good Friday gone. Justified by missing finals last year while giving it two teams that finished below us

- Zero Friday night games

- Heaps of Sunday games

- Majority of home games against interstate cubs

Gilligan and his Muppets are determined to create a have and have nots league.

Prince Imperial
26-10-2017, 11:15 PM
"Hello 4.40pm Sundays my old friend."

Hard to believe we will not be given another commercially garbage draw in 2018.

Eastdog
26-10-2017, 11:55 PM
AFL Round 1, 2018

Thursday, March 22

Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.25pm

Friday, March 23

Essendon v Adelaide, Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm

Saturday, March 24

St Kilda v Brisbane Lions, Etihad Stadium, 3.35pm

Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.35pm

Gold Coast v North Melbourne, Cazaly’s Stadium, Cairns, 7.25pm

Hawthorn v Collingwood, MCG, 7.25pm

Sunday, March 25

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs, Canberra, 1.10pm

Melbourne v Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

West Coast v Sydney, Perth Stadium, 7.10pm

ALL Melbourne times

jeemak
27-10-2017, 12:24 AM
Brace yourselves, we are going to get pummeled by the AFL with their fixture. They were pissed about giving us a reasonable return last year (while still being so petty as to make nearly all Friday nights away games) and having not lived up to expectations they'll use that as an excuse to give us a draw worthy of a wooden spooner.

I predict;

- Good Friday gone. Justified by missing finals last year while giving it two teams that finished below us

- Heaps of Sunday games

This attitude has permeated messaging through head office and the media even since our last fixture was released, and has gotten stronger post season this year.

The AFL is an idiotic and non-progressive organisation that hasn't realised inclusiveness is actually more profitable than the alternative. How can they seriously think that marginalising some groups of supporters is good for business? The *!*!*!*!ing idiots wouldn't know the benefits of diversity if they tripped over them, and once again - as I always say, they are really lucky they don't have any viable and natural competition in their heartlands.

Now, one more thing without being anti-elite - the AFL would do well with less people like Gill at the top of the tree, or the Simon Lethlean's or take your pick thereafter. These people are establishment pragmatists, they have no regard for what is beyond the establishment and what is important to an average punter. I have mixed and played with their ilk, they have no idea.

Axe Man
27-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Couldn't have asked for a much worse first game of the season than that.

Throughandthrough
27-10-2017, 10:39 AM
I'll take that

GWS will have had approx. 4 less weeks pre-season than us by that stage. We will be cherry ripe.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-10-2017, 10:44 AM

I predict;

- Heaps of Sunday games

Yep the AFEL strike again. North, Saints and Dogs handed the dud Round 1 draw. How predictable. And on the back of one poor year we've been banished to the wooden spoon timeslots and stripped off Good Friday. The double standards of this league are amazing. It's only a matter of time until it does them in.

ledge
27-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Yep the AFEL strike again. North, Saints and Dogs handed the dud Round 1 draw. How predictable. And on the back of one poor year we've been banished to the wooden spoon timeslots and stripped off Good Friday. The double standards of this league are amazing. It's only a matter of time until it does them in.

They have only released one game as far as I know, I will wait until they whole fixture is released before I go off tap , losing Friday night games would astound me,especially when most were away games last year for us . So we got bugger all out of it anyway.

SlimPickens
27-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Geez this slow release of the fixture dross is tedious.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-10-2017, 11:13 PM
So official according to Caro: Saints to replace us for Good Friday.
Seems as if we've well and truly been put back in our box.
Well...best we just use that and foster an us against the world mentality for 2018.
I have no doubt Stringer is going to tear it up next year and we'll hear all about it from a media that is less interested in the situation than it is the story.
We need to steel ourselves and take the crappy fixture and manufactured media narrative that will undoubtedly be revealed as further fuel to add to the fire.

Greystache
27-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Quelle surprise. Well in fairness they haven't played finals in 6 years and have won a wooden spoon in that time, so momentum is clearly behind them. We also haven't won a premiership in a whole year now, and didn't even finish that much higher on the ladder than them this year.

Remi Moses
28-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Complete joke . Just a contrived heap of crap dressed up as a “fixture”

Topdog
28-10-2017, 09:15 PM
So the equalisation strategy at the moment is the big teams get guaranteed blockbusters every year and us smaller clubs get 1 blockbuster a year to share between 4 clubs.

Flamethrower
28-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Sounds like something out of a George Orwell novel....

"All clubs are equal, but some clubs are more equal than others".

Eastdog
28-10-2017, 09:19 PM
So the equalisation strategy at the moment is the big teams get guaranteed blockbusters every year and us smaller clubs get 1 blockbuster a year to share between 4 clubs.

Yeah lots of hypocrisy for sure.

North get their guaranteed "blockbuster" game but us playing on Good Friday not a lock so a good chance we might not get it next year.

bornadog
28-10-2017, 09:21 PM

Sounds like something out of a George Orwell novel....

"All clubs are equal, but some clubs are more equal than others".

I once brought this up with Smorgan at a business lunch but it was quiet obvious he didn't want to rock the boat.

I would like to see our club be very vocal about the bullshit fixtures and unequal opportunities given to clubs like ours.

On the one hand it is great that the Saints get an opportunity to play good friday, but it actually stinks that we are booted out . This can only be justified if ANZAC Day, Queens Birthday, Opening game, Dreantime at the G and others are rotated as well.

Axe Man
30-10-2017, 06:24 PM
It's been reported that we will play West Coast, Port, Melbourne, North and Carlton twice in 2018.
https://s1.postimg.org/3pocvt091b/Capture.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/3f1j2nl0vv/)

bulldogtragic
30-10-2017, 06:27 PM
It's been reported that we will play the following teams twice in 2018:
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
North
Carlton

If we play at 100%. That’s mighty fine. I’d hope for 7 wins out of those 10 games. Find 8 of the other 12 games...

jeemak
30-10-2017, 06:30 PM
If we play at 100%. That’s mighty fine. I’d hope for 7 wins out of those 10 games. Find 8 of the other 12 games...

And we'll finish seventh, win a flag, but not get any credit for being a really good side all year.

Ozza
30-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Happy with the fixture on that basis - in terms of the ability, on paper, to win games.

I'm not at all surprised by not getting the good Friday game. It was always unconvincing/unrealistic that the match would end up a regular North v Dogs fixture. Getting 'blockbuster' fixtures certainly hasn't helped Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood over the years, and I'm happy enough for us to not go to Cairns again, even though we've won there as an away side (if we can't beat the suns interstate then that is a bigger problem).

Prefer we just carry our own weight as a good side, who brings a solid home ground audience.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2017, 06:46 PM
And we'll finish seventh, win a flag, but not get any credit for being a really good side all year.

It will be because of some change that all finals teams get. But really to your post, who cares! #Premiers2018 #BarrettCrying #RyhleeWest #BukuKhamis

bulldogtragic
30-10-2017, 06:55 PM
So if we can pick up 2 from North & Carlton (4)
One at least from Port, Dees & WCE (7) (10 games)
Wins: GCS (8), Brisbane (9), Freo (10), Collingwood (11), St Kilda (12), Hawthorn (13)
Unsure/loss: GWS, Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond, Essendon (9 with one from Port, Dees & WCE)

13 wins with scope for more, especially depending on home games status. This should be even more motivation for every player to give every bit they have in training over summer and then through the year. Finals and dreams of more (top 4 was on 14 & 15 wins this year) beckon again with a fixture like this. I’d hope we rebound with vigour.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 09:58 AM
4 Friday night games.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 10:34 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/Fixture2018.jpg

bornadog
31-10-2017, 10:40 AM
* First 9 games we play 7 interstate Clubs

* Play GC and Port in Ballarat

* 13 Games at Etihad

* 2 at MCG

* 2 trips to Perth as usual

* No trips to Geelong

* 3 Sunday 3.20pm games

* 5 Interstate - lowest for years

bulldogsthru&thru
31-10-2017, 10:41 AM
4 friday night games and a thursday. More than i expected.

No dreaded 4.40 slot either which is nice.

I still want an explanation for good friday though

2 trips to adelaide and perth but we don't travel north of victoria apart from round 1 in Canberra

Again, for whatever reason, we have a 6 day break on the back of going to Perth. I don't get why the AFL do this.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 10:44 AM
The Western Bulldogs will play three of its first four games at its Etihad Stadium home to kick off the 2018 AFL home and away season.

In the 2018 fixture announced by the AFL on Tuesday, the Bulldogs have been scheduled to travel to Canberra to play Greater Western Sydney in Round 1 on Sunday, March 25, in one of five interstate games for the season.

The Sunday clash in the opening round means the Bulldogs will not play in the Good Friday game five days later, after being involved in the success of the inaugural match against the Kangaroos in 2017, which attracted more than 42,000 fans.

“The Western Bulldogs would like to congratulate North Melbourne Football Club and St Kilda Football Club on being awarded the Good Friday game for season 2018,” said Club President Peter Gordon.

“The 2017 game was acknowledged by all as a tremendous success and we hope the 2018 game inspires even more support for the Good Friday Appeal.

“The Club’s Board, and its entire staff who worked so hard on the 2017 game, were disappointed to learn that the Bulldogs would not be involved in the game next year.

“The Board will seek a meeting with AFL Commissioners to understand whether there was any shortcoming in the Bulldogs’ 2017 support for or participation in the game, or any principle of competitive balance or fixturing, which provides an explanation for the AFL’s decision.

“The Club is otherwise satisfied with the Bulldogs’ draw for season 2018 and looking forward to the season.

“We are excited to be strengthening our commitment to Ballarat by being scheduled to play two home games at Mars Stadium, after the success of the inaugural game last season.

“The fixture is positive from a football perspective, giving us the opportunity to play 17 games in Victoria, including 13 games at Etihad Stadium and six home games against Victorian based clubs.”

After its opening round clash with the Giants, the Bulldogs will play three straight home games at Etihad Stadium – against West Coast, Essendon and the Sydney Swans.

The Bulldogs play four games on Friday nights – home matches against Carlton (Round 6) and Geelong (Round 15), and away against Adelaide (Round 9) and Collingwood (Round 10).

Compared to last season, the Club will play four fewer Friday night games in season 2018, and four extra Sunday games.

The Bulldogs will host two home games at Mars Stadium in Ballarat, in Round 7 against the Gold Coast Suns and Round 17 against Port Adelaide.

The Club will be on free to air television on 11 occasions (10 games on Fox Footy), with the schedule for the final round yet to be released.

For all your interstate travel packages for our 5 interstate games in 2018, make sure you book through our membership partner Geelong Travel. Call Stuart & team on 5244 3666 now.

bulldogtragic
31-10-2017, 10:47 AM
If the proper Bulldogs put in a decent season, that fixture is a 14+ win possibility.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 10:49 AM
If the proper Bulldogs put in a decent season, that fixture is a 14+ win possibility.

I want 17 H&A wins to break our record. :o

Grantysghost
31-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Last home game at Etihad Rd 16 is a fair way from end but get probably due to Ballarat. Good Friday is baffling, have they ever rotated another marquee game ?

Twodogs
31-10-2017, 10:50 AM
*!*!*!*! 'em. Line the obstructions up in front of us and we will knock the *!*!*!*!s down. That's what we do. We are the bulldogs. Come on, try us out and I promise you will piss down a tube attached to the inside of your leg for the rest of your life.

That is all, start the *!*!*!*!ing season now.

jeemak
31-10-2017, 10:51 AM
I'm glad we don't have to travel to Geelong. I'm looking forward to getting to see the Cats beat us at Etihad.

Topdog
31-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Fantastic start to the season. We have a good draw here.

Axe Man
31-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Commercially not a bad draw considering our average 2017.

Low drawing home games against Gold Coast and Port at Mars. Tick

Friday night home games against Carlton and Geelong should draw reasonable crowds.

Essendon should be a full house, Hawthorn should pull a good crowd.

Melbourne supporters don't usually travel to Etihad but if they having a good season you would expect them to jump on the bandwagon.

Sydney and West Coast games should be OK.

Brisbane will likely be a lowish crowd and I would expect North supporters to have given up by round 14.

bulldogsthru&thru
31-10-2017, 10:59 AM
An oddity of the draw is we have 1 home game in the last 7 rounds.....

It's actually a very strange draw when you think of home vs away consistency. Perhaps the AFL have relaxed on this a bit in order to be more accommodating to other things.

I'd expect our 2 replacements games to be in this batch of games as well.

bulldogsthru&thru
31-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Also the bye before finals has been confirmed.

Where is the uproar on this!!? How can we possibly allow the advantage of the top 4 to be taken away from them!!!!? What a disgrace!!

Happy Days
31-10-2017, 12:42 PM
That Carlton-GC-Brisbane 3 game home block is a thing of beauty.

AndrewP6
31-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Hate the Sunday games but aside from that it's pretty fair.

LostDoggy
31-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Good draw. Just dissapointing no games in Qld. Was a good showing in both Cairns and at the Gabba this season

Eastdog
31-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Not a bad fixture. Very happy to not be getting any 4:40pm games. Would have been good to get a few more Saturday afternoon games at the 1:45pm or 2:10pm timeslot but I'm alright with Saturday night and it's good that we have some Friday night games again. Would be good to see why we didn't get the Good Friday game. I was thinking we were a lock for that game for a few years at least.

Remi Moses
31-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Pretty decent draw . No Geelong, thank god .

The Bulldogs Bite
31-10-2017, 02:51 PM
It's pathetic that we get shafted from Good Friday footy, with the reasoning being that "it's good to rotate it".

Why don't they rotate Anzac Day? Queens Birthday? Dreamtime?

Nevermind the fact that Carltank are once again rewarded for being 16th on the ladder with 5 primetime slots. AFL already forgot about 2015?

But yes, that aside, our fixture is OK.

Remi Moses
31-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Carlton have got 4 Friday night games !
Incredible !Though you have to “earn” blockbuster stays ?

Pickenitup
31-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Great draw just spewing the only game I'll miss is Rd 3 against Jake of all games why a Sunday deserved a Friday or Saturday Night

jeemak
31-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Great draw just spewing the only game I'll miss is Rd 3 against Jake of all games why a Sunday deserved a Friday or Saturday Night

I'm not sure about that. He's not really a star player.

Ozza
31-10-2017, 03:30 PM
So Patrick Keane just highlighted via twitter that there was a media release last year saying that the Good Friday fixture would be rotated. So we obviously knew this was the case. Not sure what we are seeking to achieve by taking it up with the league.

Twodogs
31-10-2017, 03:36 PM
So Patrick Keane just highlighted via twitter that there was a media release last year saying that the Good Friday fixture would be rotated. So we obviously knew this was the case. Not sure what we are seeking to achieve by taking it up with the league.

Good. Rotate North out of then. Leave the club with more members, draws bigger crowds, more sponsors, more supporters, more success and doesn't drop half their team in round 23 when it suits them such is their arrogance and disdain for the AFL.

The bloody AFL. Just like a dog the more you kick it the more it loves you. Esendon and North spend most of their existences in utter contempt of their governing bodies and get everything. We "yes sir, good sir, three bags *!*!*!*!ing full sir" at every turn and get treated like something the AFL found wedged between their toes.

I hate our club sometimes.

The Pie Man
31-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Don’t mind that we’re seeking clarity around why we weren’t offered a spot - the answer might be that we didn’t do enough to promote the game in the lead up if the AFL’s Matt Thompson is to be believed.

:confused:

bornadog
31-10-2017, 03:54 PM

Let's see the media release Patrick

Edit: Here it is from October 2016

But it may not be a permanent arrangement for the Kangaroos, with the AFL confirming that the Good Friday teams and locations could change beyond 2017.

"The AFL acknowledges the requests from a number of clubs to play on Good Friday and we will consider the appropriate match-up and venue on a year-to-year basis," Auld said.

The AFL will release the full fixture for 2017 on Thursday.

Well North should be out next year

Ozza
31-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry but the whole 'the AFL doesn't give us a fair go' narrative doesn't really wash with me.
The equalisation measures brought in over the past few years have been significant - the last two premiers hadn't won a flag in decades, we're now finally getting plenty of Friday night games - I think we are doing alright in the scheme of things.

We've been the side rotated out of the Good Friday fixture first...is it really that much of a big deal. In one post its that the big clubs get everything, and then in the next post its 'well North should be rotated out because our crowds/membership is better'.

Just as long as there is something to blame the league for I guess. Last time I checked, there are 18 clubs demanding their fare share - not just us.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry but the whole 'the AFL doesn't give us a fair go' narrative doesn't really wash with me.
The equalisation measures brought in over the past few years have been significant - the last two premiers hadn't won a flag in decades, we're now finally getting plenty of Friday night games - I think we are doing alright in the scheme of things.

We've been the side rotated out of the Good Friday fixture first...is it really that much of a big deal. In one post its that the big clubs get everything, and then in the next post its 'well North should be rotated out because our crowds/membership is better'.

Just as long as there is something to blame the league for I guess. Last time I checked, there are 18 clubs demanding their fare share - not just us.

True equalisation will only happen when:

* the fixture is fair. With 22 games per year, each team should play each other once and then the remaining games either drawn out of a hat, or teams play each other twice over a set period of seasons.

* When every team gets access to Friday night

* When every team is featured equally on free to air

* When every team gets to travel to Geelong, Hobart, Launceston, and interstate - looking at you Collingwood/Essendon/Richmond/Carlton and others

But, this won't happen and we will continue to whinge and have the right to do so.

bulldogsthru&thru
31-10-2017, 04:17 PM
It's all fine if 2019 Good Friday is Bulldogs v Saints. Then it's all good. But it won't be. If you think for 1 second the AFL is being fair then you are deluded.

Carlton, who have not played finals in years, have 4 friday night games this year. And continue to be given friday night games despite being atrocious on the field. If we had the sort of performances they have had we would have been given ZERO friday night games and banished to 4.40 on sundays (like between 2012 and 2015).

Now the AFL come out saying they will rotate Good Friday football. Ok fine. I get it. But rotate all the others. I understand the ANZAC day thing but don't for one second say they can't rotate the opening round game or queens birthday or ANZAC eve. Makes no difference who plays those games either. I can't for the life of me work out why the AFL gives the opening game to Richmond and Carlton all the time. It makes no sense.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 04:30 PM
It's all fine if 2019 Good Friday is Bulldogs v Saints. Then it's all good. But it won't be. If you think for 1 second the AFL is being fair then you are deluded.

Carlton, who have not played finals in years, have 4 friday night games this year. And continue to be given friday night games despite being atrocious on the field. If we had the sort of performances they have had we would have been given ZERO friday night games and banished to 4.40 on sundays (like between 2012 and 2015).

Now the AFL come out saying they will rotate Good Friday football. Ok fine. I get it. But rotate all the others. I understand the ANZAC day thing but don't for one second say they can't rotate the opening round game or queens birthday or ANZAC eve. Makes no difference who plays those games either. I can't for the life of me work out why the AFL gives the opening game to Richmond and Carlton all the time. It makes no sense.

As far as I am concerned ANZAC day is not out of bounds either

Eastdog
31-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Ok Anzac Day, Dreamtime and Queens Birthday will keep them as is but The Opening Round, Anzac Eve along with Good Friday can be rotated. All great opportunities.

Nuggety Back Pocket
31-10-2017, 05:11 PM
The big disappointment for our Members is in the last 7 rounds we only draw Port Adelaide in Ballarat as our one home game. The other 6 are all away games including two at Etihad against St. Kilda and North Melbourne. Round 10 is also shown as an away game at Etihad against Collingwood.

S Coast Simon
31-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Have a look at which teams the commissioner and his cronies played for then you will truely understand the way the fixture is made. We were told we had to earn Friday night games. Carlton have had this many forever

Bulldog Revolution
31-10-2017, 05:19 PM
We have to raise this with the League

We may not have been guaranteed the game but why not?

Why don't they set up more of these games so all the teams get some marquee action?

Axe Man
31-10-2017, 05:32 PM
The big disappointment for our Members is in the last 7 rounds we only draw Port Adelaide in Ballarat as our one home game. The other 6 are all away games including two at Etihad against St. Kilda and North Melbourne. Round 10 is also shown as an away game at Etihad against Collingwood.

The club will provide replacement games for those that don't go to Ballarat so it's not like members are short changed. I reckon there is a fair chance at least one of those late season away games will be a replacement game.

The Pie Man
31-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Don’t mind that we’re seeking clarity around why we weren’t offered a spot - the answer might be that we didn’t do enough to promote the game in the lead up if the AFL’s Matt Thompson is to be believed.

:confused:

Any thoughts on this team?

G-Mo77
31-10-2017, 07:32 PM

Overall reasonably pleased with the draw for our club. I expected lots of Sunday 4.40 games but we did OK. As a reserved member (and GA Away) the quote above ticks me off. So I buy a seat I can't sit in for 2 home games but I can get GA to an away game which I already have access to? Hardly seems fair to me? I don't know? It's good for the club overall but makes me want to rethink were I throw my money in 2019.

The Adelaide Connection
31-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Overall reasonably pleased with the draw for our club. I expected lots of Sunday 4.40 games but we did OK. As a reserved member (and GA Away) the quote above ticks me off. So I buy a seat I can't sit in for 2 home games but I can get GA to an away game which I already have access to? Hardly seems fair to me? I don't know? It's good for the club overall but makes me want to rethink were I throw my money in 2019.

This might be a scenario the club has overlooked and it would be worth giving them feedback on this. Maybe they are able you a discount in the future or an upgrade to the replacement games.

G-Mo77
31-10-2017, 09:52 PM
This might be a scenario the club has overlooked and it would be worth giving them feedback on this. Maybe they are able you a discount in the future or an upgrade to the replacement games.

I do mention it every time they have a survey. If I get some spare time I'll punch something together and see if I get a response. I don't like being one of those supporters, I mean I'll support the club and be a member as long as I'm alive but it comes to a point when I don't think I am getting my moneys worth and make changes to my membership.

Scraggers
31-10-2017, 10:01 PM

I think when we get 13 games at our home ground, 17 games in total in Victoria, fans can't complain that much. Looking at Fremantle's draw where my 10 year old daughter's Category Three membership is going to cost $500 for 11 (possibly 12) games ... our members get a good deal.

bornadog
31-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Good summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNbZCphU8AAqYR1.jpg

Dry Rot
31-10-2017, 11:42 PM
No game at the SCG = shit draw.

Disgraceful.

kruder
01-11-2017, 12:42 AM
Geelong has 9 games at home add that too 8 so called away games in Melbourne surely they have the biggest advantage in the AFL? Lock in the top 4 again and another heavy finals exit when they get found out in the finals. Again....

jeemak
01-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Geelong has 9 games at home add that too 8 so called away games in Melbourne surely they have the biggest advantage in the AFL? Lock in the top 4 again and another heavy finals exit when they get found out in the finals. Again....

It's been a real issue for me, tempered only by the fact Geelong is no longer an Etihad tennant. *

They have a fantastic deal, and it always pissed me off that in previous years we've had to play them at their home ground for their away game against us at Etihad, but we've had to give them a genuine home ground advantage by playing at Geelong for their home game.

* None of it would be nearly as bad if they weren't so bloody entitled in their commentary on the issue. I often wonder what type of club they'd be if they didn't do so well in talent acquisition in the early 00's, or get so many cheap father and son picks at that time. When I do wonder, I know the answer, and it's that they'd be just like St Kilda, Norf or ourselves. Picking up the scraps and trying to land one against the odds with some really hard work going into it.

Ghost Dog
01-11-2017, 04:16 AM
AFL had singe weird parochial attitudes in it US sports seem to lack. It just seems unprofessional.

Twodogs
01-11-2017, 05:29 AM
As far as I am concerned ANZAC day is not out of bounds either

We got 750000 people on ANZAC day in 1983. The AFL can say what they like about it having to be Collingwood and Essendon but they are actually damaging the competition and artificially inflating the value of Essendon in particular. I reckon that Collingwood would survive losing ANZAC day, but it would really damage Essendon. That club gets such s free ride.

azabob
01-11-2017, 07:39 AM
Any thoughts on this team?

Heard Scott Gullan say that at a function we only sent one representative whereas north sent their coach, captain and CEO

bornadog
01-11-2017, 10:09 AM

We have 13 games at Etihad. ;)

bulldogsthru&thru
01-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Heard Scott Gullan say that at a function we only sent one representative whereas north sent their coach, captain and CEO

If that's true that's really poor on our part. We knew we had to do everything to promote the game. Surely we can't be that stupid.

Happy Days
01-11-2017, 02:07 PM
If that's true that's really poor on our part. We knew we had to do everything to promote the game. Surely we can't be that stupid.

Hmm disagree. If they've ignored off-field and on-field success as well as raw attendance date in favour of sending ancillary representatives to a business meeting then the process is flawed and stupid.

jeemak
01-11-2017, 02:11 PM
I'd like a little bit more context around this function story.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Hmm disagree. If they've ignored off-field and on-field success as well as raw attendance date in favour of sending ancillary representatives to a business meeting then the process is flawed and stupid.

Was it a business meeting or a function for the hospital? It's a big difference. Like the post above more context is required for sure.

The Pie Man
01-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Matt Thompson tweeted yesterday that ‘there is a view they could have done more to support the game, and the cause, in the lead up to the game.’

bornadog
01-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Matt Thompson tweeted yesterday that ‘there is a view they could have done more to support the game, and the cause, in the lead up to the game.’

Still don't believe it.

Doc26
01-11-2017, 03:27 PM

Still don't believe it.

PG probably doesn't believe (respect) Gil and co. either hence why he's requested a direct meeting with the AFL Commissioners on the matter.

Sedat
01-11-2017, 05:22 PM
From AFL Media - no doubt a voice of impartiality :rolleyes:

He's also the reporter that Clarko called a "c*ckhead" when he asked him a stupid question at an airport presser once. Clarko might be mad as a cut snake but he's a good judge of character.

The Pie Man
01-11-2017, 08:59 PM
From AFL Media - no doubt a voice of impartiality :rolleyes:

He's also the reporter that Clarko called a "c*ckhead" when he asked him a stupid question at an airport presser once. Clarko might be mad as a cut snake but he's a good judge of character.

His position would certainly lend itself to both legit inside word & propaganda. Genuinely can’t figure out which in relation to this.

FWIW, I reckon our fixture from a broader view is pretty decent

Rocket Science
01-11-2017, 09:17 PM

This was the talking rissole that was potting us during trade week over Stringer, the only time the beige bastard's expressed a 'position' on anything his employer didn't underwrite.

Twodogs
01-11-2017, 09:24 PM
This was the talking rissole that was potting us during trade week over Stringer, the only time the beige bastard's expressed a 'position' on anything his employer didn't underwrite.

I'm pretty sure it was him who said the Chinese food in Beijing was "more Chinesy" than Melbourne's was at the Bejing Olympics.

boydogs
02-11-2017, 02:40 AM

It was noticeable in a lot of the promos for the game that we were absent, and there were a lot of Essendon players involved. I think us playing in Perth the week prior may have had a bit to do with that

S Coast Simon
02-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Must admit I was expecting worse with their punishment setup. A lot of games at etihad which will suit us just fine

Eastdog
19-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Just got an email from the club.

Our 2 replacement games for 2018:

Round 21 vs Kangaroos at Etihad

Round 23 vs Tigers at the MCG

Eastdog
22-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Must admit I was expecting worse with their punishment setup. A lot of games at etihad which will suit us just fine

Need to make Etihad a Bulldog fortress in 2018 along with Eureka.

Grantysghost
23-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but we are the only club without a recognisable “blockbuster” game . Hard to work out how this has happened . (This is off the top of my head possible inaccuracies ).

Richmond : Rd 1, Anzac Day eve, Dreamtime .
Adelaide : 2 x showdowns
Geelong : Easter Monday, Farmers Rd
GWS : 2 x Battle of the bridge (Derby)
PA : 2 showdowns
Sydney : 2 x Battle of the bridge (Derby)
Essendon : Anzac Day, Dreamtime, Farmers Rd
West Coast : 2 x Perth Derby
Melbourne : Anzac Day eve, Queens bday
St Kilda : Good Friday
Hawthorn : Easter Monday
Collingwood : Anzac Day, Queens bday
Fremantle : 2 x Perth Derby
North Melbourne : Good Friday
Carlton : Rd 1
Gold Coast : Q clash x 2
Brisbane : Q clash x 2
Dogs : 0

Eastdog
30-03-2018, 05:54 PM
We can say we get Easter Sunday this year but it's against an interstate club not another Victorian club and also Sydney and Port are playing on Easter Sunday as well we aren't the only game on that day.

Scraggers
30-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Geez ... I can now see why we were booted from Good Friday footy. St Kilda were absolutely scintillating!!! Perfect team to advertise our great game. :confused:

Eastdog
30-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Need to make Etihad a Bulldog fortress in 2018 along with Eureka.

Hopefully starting this Sunday.