Throughandthrough
10-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Lock it in boys...

bulldogtragic
10-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Any idea what we will pay?

Cyberdoggie
10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Haven't seen much of him to be honest, where would he play and will he be worth a punt?

GVGjr
10-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Haven't seen much of him to be honest, where would he play and will he be worth a punt?

Half forward, wing and can play in the back line. Good kick and I think our pick 38 would be in play to get him

bulldogtragic
10-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Has nominated us. As BAD just posted.

LostDoggy
10-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Nathan Wilson is a lock to go to Freo from GWS (reportedly has already bought a house in Perth). GWS have signalled an interest in Honeychurch. How about a 3 way trade with us and Freo also giving low picks to GWS.

westdog54
10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Nathan Wilson is a lock to go to Freo from GWS (reportedly has already bought a house in Perth). GWS have signalled an interest in Honeychurch. How about a 3 way trade with us and Freo also giving low picks to GWS.

I'd take that in a heartbeat but I dare say that Crozier for Honeychurch is going to involve a sweetener. This will end up being a really convoluted swap of picks.

Maybe the Hrovat pick could come into play?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2017, 03:41 PM
So Dalrymple will finally get his man.

hujsh
10-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah Honey being involved in any trade will surely just be to get him somewhere he wants to go. We wouldn't be getting anything of value for him.

Scraggers
10-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Half forward, wing and can play in the back line. Good kick and I think our pick 38 would be in play to get him

Good set of hands too !!

Bulldog Revolution
10-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Has his contested, one on one stuff developed at the dockers?

He should be a ready to go option for us

Mofra
11-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Dockers fans think Lyon's gameplan is too stifling for someone like Crozier to really flourish.
I'd imagine he'll love playing under Bevo.

GVGjr
11-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Dockers fans think Lyon's gameplan is too stifling for someone like Crozier to really flourish.
I'd imagine he'll love playing under Bevo.

Yep, he will be given a chance to back his kicking skills and footy nous. He can play a few positions as well.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Confirmed:

Crozier & Future 4th Round Pick for Pick 40 & Pick 82.

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Good trade. Well done team.

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Deal getting done now.

Details soon.

Swap of picks I think was mentioned. Does that mean our pick 27 for Crozier and their pick 41?

Pick 27 would help them with landing Wilson.

Happy Days
13-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Fair trade. Crozier has been pretty underwhelming, but I can see the upside, especially moving away from a RTB coached side. Will be good to have someone that can get up for a hanger that might actually hold onto it too.

divvydan
13-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Pick 40 is the 3rd round pick we got from North Melbourne in last year's trading period (they got 45 back).

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 01:32 PM
So it's pick 40 and something in the 80's for Crozier and a future 4th rounder. Tidy deal.

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 01:33 PM
So it's pick 40 and something in the 80's for Crozier and a future 4th rounder. Tidy deal.

Some extra draft points next year. Not much, but it all adds up.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Happy with that. We've done well.

We trade fairly with Freo.

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Happy with that. We've done well.

We trade fairly with Freo.

Crozier will play plenty of football with us. Brings some kicking skills we will like. Probably play wing and half forward?

Axe Man
13-10-2017, 01:35 PM
https://s1.postimg.org/1vkwve2itr/d7175a6e-7f91-4ce8-97ee-9a634426060f_800.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The Bulldogs Bite
13-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Crozier will play plenty of football with us. Brings some kicking skills we will like. Probably play wing and half forward?

Crozier was always going to take time to play his best footy too. Very under developed when drafted.

We've got him coming into his prime now.

Suspect you're right GVG - wing/half forward.

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 01:37 PM
A mod, want to add 'welcome to the western bulldogs' to the thread?

Axe Man
13-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Has played half forward, wing and half back at Freo so has the versatility that Bevo seems to like. Good low risk trade.

1eyedog
13-10-2017, 01:39 PM

Something we desperately lack. Not only is he accurate he can thump them from 50 as well.

whythelongface
13-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Good trade well done. Lot of potential upside to Crozier.

LostDoggy
13-10-2017, 01:47 PM
So far this trade period we have attracted 2 players (Trengrove and Crozier) who will push for best 22 spots and address specific needs. In return we have given up a 3rd round pick we may not even need. For all of the gnashing of teeth over what may happen, the actual deals so far this year are, to my eye, excellent list management.

Axe Man
13-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Something we desperately lack. Not only is he accurate he can thump them from 50 as well.

Hopefully his goal kicking this year of 13.17 was an anomaly.

Remi Moses
13-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Good get , and a fair deal .

Bulldog Revolution
13-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Yeah the later pick swaps help each other with points at times where we both need them

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Half back flank: afl.com.au

HAYDEN Crozier has made his way to the Western Bulldogs after the club traded pick No.40 to Fremantle as part of a deal for the versatile Victorian.

The Dockers also received pick No.82 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and sent their future fourth-round selection back to the Bulldogs.

Crozier has played 69 games in six seasons with the Dockers, including 35 in the past two years before coming out of contract in 2017.

"Hayden's got a great athletic profile, which will allow us the flexibility to play him back, forward or wing, with his aerial game a particular strength," Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney told the club's website.

"We see him primarily at half-back which, with the retirements of Bob Murphy and Matthew Boyd this season, will help our defence transition in 2018 and beyond.

"It's a great result, securing Fremantle's future fourth-round pick enables us flexibility around draft value index points in the future."

Fremantle is seeking to improve its draft hand so it can trade for Greater Western Sydney defender Nathan Wilson.

The Dockers are also set to bring in Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera, likely for a late pick in this year's draft.

"It's good to get this trade completed, although Hayden is a player we value and respect, we're happy for him to facilitate the move to the Western Bulldogs for pick No.40," Fremantle list manager Brad Lloyd told the club's website.

"We had a clear list management strategy to add draft picks into our footy club and securing pick No.40 through this trade allows us to be well placed in the national draft.

"We currently have pick No.5, two third-round and two fourth-round picks and from a strategic point of view we’re really happy with those picks and we look forward to the draft in the coming months."

Crozier was recruited by the Dockers with pick No.20 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, arriving as a high-flying half-forward.

He enjoyed his best season in 2016 as a running defender, averaging a career-high 16.5 disposals and 3.2 rebound 50s.

The Rowville product played 19 games in 2017 and was used mostly inside 50, kicking 13 goals.

"It was a dream come true for me to come over here and play for the Dockers and now it’s time for me to move back with family and friends and I’m looking forward to the opportunity with the Western Bulldogs," Crozier said on the club's website.

Bulldog Revolution
13-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Now that I think about it the Matty Boyd role for Crozier might work well

Topdog
13-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Pick 40 is the 3rd round pick we got from North Melbourne in last year's trading period (they got 45 back).

So Hrovat for Crozier basically. Not bad at all

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 02:21 PM
So Hrovat for Crozier basically. Not bad at all

No, Hrovat was just an upgrade.

It's 40, 45, 83 & Hrovat for Crozier and 4th (2018)

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Now that I think about it the Matty Boyd role for Crozier might work well

Looks like they will use as a HBF. His kicking should be effective for us

Bulldog4life
13-10-2017, 04:03 PM
His highlights package surprised me. Some of his plays were sensational

BornInDroopSt'54
13-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Any idea what we will pay?

I read pick 40 and 82 and we get their 4th round pick from next year,

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 04:23 PM
I read pick 40 and 82 and we get their 4th round pick form next year,

Bargain.

Scraggers
13-10-2017, 04:23 PM
If you have a look at his Dream Team points and stats for 2017 he is exactly the same as Zayne Cordy. Both played 19 games, Zayne had one more kick, equal handballs, Hayden had 4 more marks, Hayden had 25 more tackles, and kicked 13 goals (where Zayne kicked none).

Overall, a good replacement for M Boyd or Murphy.

LostDoggy
13-10-2017, 04:28 PM
If he is primarily earmarked for the HBF/wing role, competition will be fierce; Crozier, JJ, Suckling, Biggs, Williams, R.Smith, Lynch others all vying for limited roles. Can't be a bad thing...

1eyedog
13-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Reckon we'll see JJ almost exclusively up the ground in 2018.

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Reckon we'll see JJ almost exclusively up the ground in 2018.

He needs to play mainly as a HFF in my view

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 04:45 PM
He needs to play mainly as a HFF in my view

With Dale's quality delivery inside 50 off a flank, and JJs pace off the other. Cloke in between them working up and back looks good in the HF line. That Crozier can take a run through there is a nice perk.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-10-2017, 04:53 PM
If he is primarily earmarked for the HBF/wing role, competition will be fierce; Crozier, JJ, Suckling, Biggs, Williams, R.Smith, Lynch others all vying for limited roles. Can't be a bad thing...

Let's face it the whole team are mid fielders.

Mofra
13-10-2017, 05:21 PM
If Bevo is true to his "play to our strengths" mantra, with Adams, Crozier and Wood in the backhalf we're going to have a strong focus on intercept marking.

JJ to the wing as a metres gained type, Bailey dale and Hunter the other two running outside.

Go_Dogs
13-10-2017, 06:48 PM
A couple of friends of mine who support Freo haven’t given Crozier a huge endorsement but I think we’ve done well here - he’s a player a number of us liked in his draft year and he adds some polish and flexibility to our side. Having the ability to compete in the air is an important quality for small to medium defenders which further strengthens us down back.

Welcome aboard to Hayden.

Scraggers
13-10-2017, 06:56 PM
A couple of friends of mine who support Freo haven’t given Crozier a huge endorsement but I think we’ve done well here - he’s a player a number of us liked in his draft year and he adds some polish and flexibility to our side. Having the ability to compete in the air is an important quality for small to medium defenders which further strengthens us down back.

Welcome aboard to Hayden.

I've watch quite a few Freo games live (my daughter and wife are members); his work rate behind play or ahead of play is outstanding. His hands are clean and he can dispose of the ball well. To exchange for a fourth round pick is a great result.

Eastdog
13-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the Dogs Hayden. A very good acquisition.

My brother knew of him a while ago pre-footy.

LostDoggy
13-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Happy with this.Bargain price and I think he'll be a solid player for us

boydogs
14-10-2017, 02:11 AM
No, Hrovat was just an upgrade.

It's 40, 45, 83 & Hrovat for Crozier and 4th (2018)

45, 83 & Hrovat. 45 & Hrovat got us 40

Greystache
16-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Really not excited about this trade, he's a fringe talent who's done well to still be on an AFL list.

He doesn't find the ball, doesn't hit the scoreboard, and in general has always looked a level below AFL. Hopefully he can defy what he's shown so far and make the grade, but he's about to turn 24, and has had 5 years in the system, and doesn't really have a role. He's ours now anyway, so good luck to him.

soupman
17-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm the opposite. I think there is a lot of upside. He has shown already that he is capable at AFL level, without particularly impressing. He is pacy, has a neat kick and an excellent leap. He hasn't excelled in a poor side with a very regimented gameplan, but I think he certainly has the attributes to make an impact with us.

I also think for his cost (pick 40) you aren't sacrificing much on a player that is a very good chance to be decent straight away.

hujsh
17-10-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm the opposite. I think there is a lot of upside. He has shown already that he is capable at AFL level, without particularly impressing. He is pacy, has a neat kick and an excellent leap. He hasn't excelled in a poor side with a very regimented gameplan, but I think he certainly has the attributes to make an impact with us.

I also think for his cost (pick 40) you aren't sacrificing much on a player that is a very good chance to be decent straight away.
Seems highly unlikely we'd use it and we get a late pick next year so it's a neat piece of business.

Maybe he'll Biggs, maybe he'll Veszpremi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Veszpremi)

jazzadogs
17-10-2017, 10:52 AM
From @FantasyFreako on Twitter:
Crozier ranked =1st at the club for effective kicks and 3rd for metres gained as a defender from Rnds 10-20 in 2016.

Obviously that has been posted with an emphasis on fantasy implications, and doesn't actually list what his numbers were, but I'm excited to see what he can bring.

bulldogsman
17-10-2017, 05:14 PM
If we get him playing a lot more instinctively, he will be a much better player for it. Good pickup for mine.

dukedog
17-10-2017, 06:41 PM
If we get him playing a lot more instinctively, he will be a much better player for it. Good pickup for mine.

Agree. Ross the boss will never make a grand final again. He had his strategy. Teams worked him out. You need to play with players strengths. Not stifle their instictive play. Crozier didnt fit his mould. He will be great with bevo.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the Dogs Hayden. A very good acquisition.

My brother knew of him a while ago pre-footy.

How did your brother know him Easty? What's he like (Crozier, not your brother) do you know if he has any brothers or sisters that were any good at sport?

Really not excited about this trade, he's a fringe talent who's done well to still be on an AFL list.

He doesn't find the ball, doesn't hit the scoreboard, and in general has always looked a level below AFL. Hopefully he can defy what he's shown so far and make the grade, but he's about to turn 24, and has had 5 years in the system, and doesn't really have a role. He's ours now anyway, so good luck to him.

I've never really noticed him. Who does he play like? Like you I want to know what our plan for him is, do we just park him behind the ball and he mops up in the back half or are we going to park him behind the other half dozen half back flankers we have?

I like that he led Freo's effective kicks. At the very least the players we recruit have to be good kicks.

SlimPickens
17-10-2017, 07:08 PM

He’s no Clay Smith!

Cyberdoggie
18-10-2017, 06:03 PM

That is a possibility, hopefully he just hasn't had the freedom to develop under the Lyon/Freo system. Let's face it, Lyon isn't known for developing much young talent.

We have had a good run with these fringe types, Biggs a similar example turned good. Hamling was another.

Happy to give Crozier a shot.

bulldogtragic
18-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Freo also said several clubs enquired about Hayden. But he only wanted to meet with us, so knocked back any other club even pitching to him.

Rocket Science
18-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Freo also said several clubs enquired about Hayden. But he only wanted to meet with us, so knocked back any other club even pitching to him.

DESTINATION CLUB

Think I want that on a tee shirt.

Eastdog
18-10-2017, 08:48 PM
How did your brother know him Easty? What's he like (Crozier, not your brother) do you know if he has any brothers or sisters that were any good at sport?

Went to a nearby school not the same school as my brother.

Twodogs
19-10-2017, 12:48 AM
DESTINATION CLUB

Think I want that on a tee shirt.

For Hayden Crozier in very small letters underneath

Bulldog Revolution
19-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Hayden was very light when drafted and now is physically ready to go

He will get a good chance and hopefully he takes it - needs a big pre season and to impress from day 1

bornadog
15-06-2018, 11:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfsRWYtV4AAHxmB.jpg

Eastdog
15-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Played a good game last night Hayden in an underwhelming year for him thus far.

Mantis
15-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Was Bont ineligible to win the award?

The social media dept are just as bad as the medical team.

bornadog
15-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Was Bont ineligible to win the award?

Despite that you must admit he played well.

Mantis
15-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Despite that you must admit he played well.

I'll admit nothing!

Got more of the ball than usual (was coming off a low base), but not sure how many ended up in our hands afterwards.

westdog54
15-06-2018, 12:24 PM
I'll admit nothing!

Got more of the ball than usual (was coming off a low base), but not sure how many ended up in our hands afterwards.

My biggest criticism last night was how unsecure he was under a high ball with minimal implied pressure oncoming. Dropped a couple of bad ones deep in defence.

Sedat
15-06-2018, 12:45 PM
I'll admit nothing!

With Biggs just about shot and this bloke contracted for another couple of years, we may as well keep him in D50 and transition Bailey Williams and Ed Richards to the midfield for the rest of the season. Not sold on Crozier but he is ours and he is under contract - last night was a belated small step in the right direction.

I would daresay the midfield minutes of Bont, Macrae, Hunter and McLean would be off the charts compared to the average, and we simply need some additional rotations through there to ease the burden on these 4, of which 3 are banged up after last night in any event.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-06-2018, 12:50 PM
It was his best game for us, and it reflects more on how poor he's been than anything else. He still looked flaky, prone to fumbles and worryingly displayed a tendency to just want to get rid of the ball by foot without care for where it was going.
For a player of his experience he really seems to be unsure of himself and is playing with self preservation in mind rather than trying to do the team thing.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-06-2018, 12:52 PM
How has Biggs fallen away so badly?

It's incredible. I can't see how he stays on the list next year.

bornadog
15-06-2018, 12:56 PM

What do you mean?

Created three goals last night in the first 10 minutes - for them :D

kruder
15-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Do you remember the repeat efforts from the flank into the forward line that ended up in Picken kicking one of my fav goals of all time?

Yeah agree looking unlikely. He isn't alone though our Captain has probably dropped off more than any player in the competition in the last 2 years. I find it more incredible to be honest.

macca
15-06-2018, 01:01 PM
My biggest criticism last night was how unsecure he was under a high ball with minimal implied pressure oncoming. Dropped a couple of bad ones deep in defence.

Sam gray outmarks 4 bulldogs players in the group al square last quarter , one of them was crozier standing back on the goal line . I’m Hopeful he improves upwards but a few clangers and mistakes like these leaves me sceptical

LostDoggy
15-06-2018, 02:32 PM
After looking completely at sea a month ago, Hayden has steadily improved over the last 2 or 3 matches. Last night he was good and now looks a solid enough part of the team. I suspect he's been struggling to get his body right and there might be more improvement to come.

Remi Moses
15-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Best game for the club . I think players should be allowed to settle into new environments
We do tend to jump quickly

Remi Moses
15-06-2018, 02:44 PM
What do you mean?

Created three goals last night in the first 10 minutes - for them :D
Honestly you’d think it was a different player from 15 and 16
Playing like a suburban footballer now

jeemak
15-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Not having the mindset or confidence to contest Gray for a spoil was the clear howler for me last night, but I think he has improved gradually and has more in him.

Let's face it, coming into this unbalanced side and having an immediate positive impact whilst facing injury wouldn't be the easiest thing to do. As long as he continues to improve he'll keep.

hujsh
15-06-2018, 06:07 PM

What drugs was he on last night?

Testekill
26-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Looking much better now that he has settled. Might be hope for him yet