PDA

View Full Version : Rate Week One

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Free Agent In: Jackson Trengove (KPD/ruck)
Trade In: Hayden Crozier & Freo 2018 4th for Pick 40 & 82
Stringer: Pick 11 or no trade... No trade

Interest Out: Campbell, Honeychurch & Crameri officially looking for a home

Picks 9, 27 & 81 (upgrading Roarke?)

To me, it seems solid without anything really good coming in. This week would indicate that we think we can recover from the hangover without aggressive trading, but who knows next week. Trengove offers a body on gorilla forwards, and flexible ruck set ups and frees Adams, Cordy or Young forward. JMac says Crozier is primarily a half back flanker, so I guess that covers losing some half back flankers.

Next Week Wishes:

Hold firm on Stringer. If we are going to tell 17 clubs, our players and their managers something then do it. A great trade or invest in an extra welfare staff member.

I'm not sold on tinkering and the hangover will reverse and we will be ok. I'd look at putting 9 & 27 and three looking to another club in a pot (maybe Stringer picks if they happen) and see what we can do. There's a fair few talented players still sitting out there like Schache, Saad & Kennedy whose clubs are happy to trade them. That's just the ones we know about.

After a solid start, addressing good role players. Id like us to build upon it and be aggressive in going after top talent and looking at what we can do with draft picks.

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 09:08 PM
I sense a feeling this thread might not have great reviews for our trading in week one, if reporting is true.

azabob
13-10-2017, 09:14 PM
I sense a feeling this thread might not have great reviews for our trading in week one, if reporting is true.

As in Tom Browne reporting?

G-Mo77
13-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Stringer hasn't been traded yet but so far so good. Got Crozier for very little and grabbed Trengove for free. If that was the end of it I'd walk away happy. It is not though......

bulldogtragic
13-10-2017, 09:27 PM
As in Tom Browne reporting?

Yep. As I said in another thread, if true my judgement will come after what we've been able to do with the picks (on trading for better picks, or players).

Happy Days
13-10-2017, 10:05 PM
If Stringer goes for 2x 20's I'm gonna find his house and egg it.

The Doctor
13-10-2017, 10:47 PM
I think we have done very well.

Basically Trengove & Crozier for pick 40

I would have been disappointed had Stringer been traded, even for pick 11. hope he stays and they can all be big boys and sort it out.

big tick from me so far (as of Friday 13th!!)

GVGjr
13-10-2017, 11:55 PM
We missed out on Impey but the rest has been OK.
Trengove and Crozier will be good additions and I suspect we might make one more trade for a player.

Honeychurch and Crameri will be interesting next week and if we are shopping any players ie Tom Campbell or Fletcher Roberts.

Stringer remains the burning question.

Week one down and I think we are in a good position.

Remi Moses
14-10-2017, 01:20 AM
It all comes down to the Stringer trade or non trade for mine .
First week and it's been reasonably good , Trengove at a decent price, and good trade for Crozier
Let's not blink at the outside noise and opinion, and Jake will come back if he isn't traded.

macca
14-10-2017, 01:25 AM
Got royally screwed by EFC. They threw egg in our face by trading pick 11 for D.Smith, expected nothing less than unreasonable from this flith. I do hope that we had anticipated this ( I will give the club the benefit of the doubt as I believe JmC is wise in the daft trading by the dodo). Was hoping to be more creative with future pick in round 2 (EFC) , swap future round 3 from us. -WIP

If T.C goes we need to find another Ruck -WIP

Honey Church - sounds like there are discussions -WIP

Trengrove good money ball pick. We could see him return to his 2011 best, always optimistic

Cozier, he will be coming into his prime now. Bevo will get the best out of him.

Dodge a bullet with Impey

not sure where to place Crameri, as does not sound like there is much interest

2 trades done
3 WIP - with Stringer trade looking highly unlikely we are going to get anything adequate from our perspective i.e. round 1 and a round 2 now or future
1- dodged bullet

boydogs
14-10-2017, 01:58 AM
We missed out on Impey but the rest has been OK

Would have taken our second rounder to get him, which would have been overpaying IMO

We're going OK, Stringer interest has been lukewarm though and 3 other players may be going next week

bornadog
14-10-2017, 05:31 AM
I think we have done very well.

Basically Trengove & Crozier for pick 40

I would have been disappointed had Stringer been traded, even for pick 11. hope he stays and they can all be big boys and sort it out.

big tick from me so far (as of Friday 13th!!)

Ditto for me.

Go_Dogs
14-10-2017, 07:45 AM
I give us a 6/10 so far.

Trengove should be a great addition. He's on a 3-year deal, fair from a financial perspective and adds some leadership quality to our side, along with being a first choice key defender. He's still quite young in KP terms.

Crozier was cheap to acquire, adds some qualities we need and should be versatile enough to command a spot in our 22 - increased competition will do us wonders.

The Stringer trade is a tough one to gauge at the moment. Because we don't come out and posture in the media (other than saying our position hasn't changed) the narrative is being driven by Essendon and Paul Connors. This can lead us to think we're dropping the ball and going to get stitched up by DoDo. I don't mind that we don't come out and shout from the rafters the media is wrong every time they say something stupid (it would occupy all of the club's time if we did) so we need to stay firm.

My preference is to have higher end selections this year rather than receive mid-late second round picks, so it's disappointing 11 won't be part of any trade. Like Doc said, I hope we keep Jake.

I'm in the keep Honeychurch camp if we can.

If we do retain Jake, hopefully Crameri can find a new home and if Campbell can get some traction with another club, I hope we can assist him too.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 10:44 PM
The Doctor attached a link in the Stringer Thread. Perhaps WCE may be prepared to trade pick 13 for the Essendon picks. If that happened Stringer traded for pick 13 outright is not a bad result, as things stand.

Then look to put GWS & Honeychurch together for a one pick upgrade to 27. Then 27 & Campbell to Brisbne for Schache. They could push for an exchange of 9 & 12 and hand back 2018 4th

Ins: 9/12, 13, 81 (Roarke), Schache, Trengove, Crozier (6) - 2018 Freo 4th (& Brisbane 4th)
Outs: Stringer, Honey, Campbell, Bob, Boyd, Hamilton (6)

Two first rounders. A pick 2 KPP, KPD/ruck, HBF with neat skills, upgrade a kid. Points next year to help offset bidding on West & Khamis.

If our end rating time looks anything like this, I'm very happy.

bulldogtragic
19-10-2017, 03:09 PM
The Doctor attached a link in the Stringer Thread. Perhaps WCE may be prepared to trade pick 13 for the Essendon picks. If that happened Stringer traded for pick 13 outright is not a bad result, as things stand.

Then look to put GWS & Honeychurch together for a one pick upgrade to 27. Then 27 & Campbell to Brisbne for Schache. They could push for an exchange of 9 & 12 and hand back 2018 4th

Ins: 9/12, 13, 81 (Roarke), Schache, Trengove, Crozier (6) - 2018 Freo 4th (& Brisbane 4th)
Outs: Stringer, Honey, Campbell, Bob, Boyd, Hamilton (6)

Two first rounders. A pick 2 KPP, KPD/ruck, HBF with neat skills, upgrade a kid. Points next year to help offset bidding on West & Khamis.

If our end rating time looks anything like this, I'm very happy.

Ins: 9, 16, 81 (Roarke?), Schache, Trengove, Crozier & Freo 4th Round 2018 (6)
Outs: Bob, Boyd, Hamilton, Honey, Stringer, Crameri & 2nd Round 2018

Seems on last week's measure, I should be happy.