PDA

View Full Version : Welcome (back ) to the club, Jake Stringer

Ghost Dog
14-10-2017, 01:07 PM
A forum to express your thoughts to Jake, our club on the matter.
Jake, we love nothing better than to develop youth and community. This is the ultimate purpose of our club.
Your recent experience will give you great empathy for others and you can overcome your difficulties with your mates. We believe in you, are behind you, if you are with us.

Happy Days
14-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Wishful thinking my dude.

Bulldog4life
14-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Too early at this stage Ghost Dog.

Ghost Dog
14-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Welcome him as the group does.
If he accepts or not, it's up to him.
Man, I remember being a young guy from the country, going to the city and all the temptations of the world.
But it's just a sugar hit Jake and you can rack up a ton of damage quite easily. Ruin yourself for life if you are not careful.
Stick with your mates, get on track and back to your best. We really hope get over your demons and back to your best.

GVGjr
14-10-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree, lets roll out the welcome mat and even if we end up trading him at least we have done our best.

I think the Doctor mentioned something about we are all big boys so lets keep the door ajar for a return.

The bulldog tragician
14-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Welcome him as the group does.
If he accepts or not, it's up to him.
Man, I remember being a young guy from the country, going to the city and all the temptations of the world.
But it's just a sugar hit Jake and you can rack up a ton of damage quite easily. Ruin yourself for life if you are not careful.
Stick with your mates, get on track and back to your best. We really hope get over your demons and back to your best.
ultimately this is the key and also the problem. If the playing group are sick of him it's irrelevant whether we open our arms to him or not. There was an extraordinary trust and camaraderie in 16. If Jake is the reason it disappeared in 17 then we have a massive, massive problem.

boydogs
14-10-2017, 05:10 PM
0:49

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/919024420517117952

Jeanette54
14-10-2017, 07:56 PM
ultimately this is the key and also the problem. If the playing group are sick of him it's irrelevant whether we open our arms to him or not. There was an extraordinary trust and camaraderie in 16. If Jake is the reason it disappeared in 17 then we have a massive, massive problem.

I would like to think that if Jake stayed, and is genuine in his attempt to turn things around, then no one would be onboard with him quicker than his team mates and our supporters.

Ghost Dog
14-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. But the respect has to be there, and Jake has to change.

Ghost Dog
14-10-2017, 08:52 PM
I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. Jordan and Moz have expressed professionalism and respect for Jake, which I hope can appreciate.

The bulldog tragician
14-10-2017, 09:21 PM
I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. Jordan and Moz have expressed professionalism and respect for Jake, which I hope can appreciate.

It depends on the nature of what has gone wrong though. Liking different books, movies, music, being interested in politics or not - yeah, you can all just rattle along with a 'live and let live' vibe - but if there's a sense of betrayal and not living up to team values, then harder to accommodate. Though a footy club is often called a workplace, it's an unusual one with unique aspects - I don't exactly expect my work colleagues to risk broken bones alongside me week in week out.

And in the 80s, guys still had professional jobs and weren't at their clubs 7 days a week. They trained 2 times a week and then played matches, with much less public attention.

Like the rest of us, I don't know how deep the rift between jake and his team mates lie or what their grievances with him might be - I'm just saying that if it's deep and irretrievable, then I feel concerned at its impact in an environment where trust and togetherness is demanded.

Ghost Dog
14-10-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm guessing there was a sense of betrayal, hence being shopped around. But that's the past and if Jake can change off field and be professional, I don't see why anyone would hold a grudge. Here's hoping.

Jam Donuts
19-10-2017, 02:16 PM
How can one man destroy a club like he has, surely steps were taken to avoid this, anyway he can piss off for what he has done to us and our playing group apparently.

bulldogtragic
19-10-2017, 02:17 PM
The good news is never gets the privilege to wear our colours or enter our club ever again.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-10-2017, 02:18 PM
I hope he destroys Essendon.

Bulldog4life
19-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Too early at this stage Ghost Dog.

Agree B4L. Oops that's me.

Daughter of the West
19-10-2017, 02:36 PM
I hope he destroys Essendon.

I'd settle for him just being a complete non-contributor. Like most of this season with us.

bornadog
19-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Although he is an immature dick of a bloke, he will be remembered as a premiership player. Could have been anything at the club but he stuffed up.

Ghost Dog
19-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Dodoro claiming " Essendon has won back its respect in the industry". Not on this forum buddy!
Expunge this thread and let's welcome some true Bulldogs, not fake ones. Premiership player, but not a premier club man.

Remi Moses
21-10-2017, 10:43 AM
I don’t think he’s coming back

Twodogs
21-10-2017, 10:44 AM
I don’t think he’s coming back

He might after Essendon are sick of him.

ledge
21-10-2017, 12:21 PM
It would be nice to get the thoughts of the Ox on where he thinks Jake is at with his gambling addiction, and I don't mean an on radio speech but a real honest thought on jakes age how far he has gone down and his chance of getting better and signs that Ox would recognise.
One thing I rekon Ox would say is he needs to recognise his problems before he can fix them and I don't think he has.

Twodogs
24-10-2017, 10:56 AM
It would be nice to get the thoughts of the Ox on where he thinks Jake is at with his gambling addiction, and I don't mean an on radio speech but a real honest thought on jakes age how far he has gone down and his chance of getting better and signs that Ox would recognise.
One thing I rekon Ox would say is he needs to recognise his problems before he can fix them and I don't think he has.

Spot on ledge. You can push an addict toward a solution to their problems but the big step has to be made by them, but that doesn't come until they say to themselves "shit I really need some help here"

Bulldog Revolution
25-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I look forward to welcoming Jake back to the club as a premiership player

But I don't care what he does from this point on with his footy and can only hope I won't have to see thousands of posts updating me on this former player

Sedat
25-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Happy to welcome him back for the 2026 premiership reunion and all other future premiership reunions.

Hope it's the only reunion he'll ever enjoy.

Twodogs
25-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Happy to welcome him back for the 2026 premiership reunion and all other future premiership reunions.

Hope it's the only reunion he'll ever enjoy.

I dunno. I'd make a point of inviting him to all the reunions for the premierships he misses out on. You're right he probably wouldn't go but I'd enjoy asking him.

PedroArvy
02-11-2017, 09:33 PM
An underwhelming year and dare I say it career. Clearly had issues and if a people person like Bevo couldn't sort him he is lost to the Dogs. Will be interesting to see if he lifts his socks at Essendon.