PDA

View Full Version : Stack

Go_Dogs
20-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I know it's very early still, but this kid is getting me very, very excited.

How good could be potentially be, and for those who have seen more of him, what style of player do you see him developing into?

GVGjr
20-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I know it's very early still, but this kid is getting me very, very excited.

How good could be potentially be, and for those who have seen more of him, what style of player do you see him developing into?

Great question. I am generally impressed with his attacking style and his leap. If he adds that defensive side of his game then he should be a good one.
What position? At the moment he is probably best suited to a wing but really if he develops like he should then he could also play as a defender or a forward.
He is an attacking player by nature.

Bulldog Revolution
20-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Great question. I am generally impressed with his attacking style and his leap. If he adds that defensive side of his game then he should be a good one.
What position? At the moment he is probably best suited to a wing but really if he develops like he should then he could also play as a defender or a forward.
He is an attacking player by nature.

Yeah good question Griffenator - in flashes of action last year I saw an athletic running prospect, I think Wing is his best go at the moment, and I suspect they will be looking for him to have a strong year in the Willi 1's. Long term he seems to have fantastic athleticism and agility as a ruck rover type but hes got a lot to learn. Its encouraging that he seems to have had a big pre-season and is pushing hard to be part of the senior mix. I guess with Hill, Harbrow and Lynch all making their senior debuts last season he'd be pretty keen to get amongst it. I love a young guy who is prepared to give it everything they have.

Mantis
21-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah good question Griffenator - in flashes of action last year I saw an athletic running prospect, I think Wing is his best go at the moment, and I suspect they will be looking for him to have a strong year in the Willi 1's. Long term he seems to have fantastic athleticism and agility as a ruck rover type but hes got a lot to learn. Its encouraging that he seems to have had a big pre-season and is pushing hard to be part of the senior mix. I guess with Hill, Harbrow and Lynch all making their senior debuts last season he'd be pretty keen to get amongst it. I love a young guy who is prepared to give it everything they have.

I too see Stack developing into this role. His agility, evasiveness and clean hands will be wasted out on the wing once his body has developed in terms of size and stamina.

I am not expected too much from him this year, hopefully a few games, but would like him to become, especially in the mid part of the year, a solid player at Willi. He is still very young and his time will come in 2 or 3 years time. If he can fulfil his undoubted potential we may have a very good player on our hands.

Go_Dogs
21-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your replies.

It certainly seems that Stack is our most likely answer to the power-midfielder that other teams have in players like Kerr or a Shaun Burgoyne, who both took quite a while to develop.

Does anyone think he has the potential to play as a small forward or defender whilst he builds his motor, such as someone like Burgoyne did?

Bulldog Revolution
21-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your replies.

It certainly seems that Stack is our most likely answer to the power-midfielder that other teams have in players like Kerr or a Shaun Burgoyne, who both took quite a while to develop.

Does anyone think he has the potential to play as a small forward or defender whilst he builds his motor, such as someone like Burgoyne did?

I think thats the type of vision the club would have for him.

However Kerr was basically a gun from the get go wasn't he? whilst Burgoyne played forward and was a burst player, who seeminigly always had a knack for killing us even when he wasn't killing the rest of the competition

I haven't seen enough of Stack to have an informed view of whether he can play forward or back.

bulldogtragic
21-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I've been on him since day one, great to see he's showing enough to get people talking about him.

As stated on BF, he for me is absolutely the player to watch this year.

Mantis
21-01-2008, 12:56 PM

If he is your player to watch for this coming season what are your expectations for him taking in consideration that he is 19 and has only played a handful of senior VFL games.

Dogs 24/7
21-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I've been on him since day one, great to see he's showing enough to get people talking about him.

Yes he looks like he has the talent and we have all heard about his spring. I think he is at least one season off form becoming a regular senior player.
I would love to know what the club is doing drills and training wise to making him stronger on the defensive side of his game.

Mantis
21-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I would love to know what the club is doing drills and training wise to making him stronger on the defensive side of his game.

I would like to know what they were doing with the entire squad on this matter.

Cyberdoggie
21-01-2008, 05:10 PM
If he is your player to watch for this coming season what are your expectations for him taking in consideration that he is 19 and has only played a handful of senior VFL games.

true,

i saw the first werribee senior game he played which was against port melbourne,

he was pretty woefull. Obviously very nervous he made some collosal blunders and spent most of the day on the pine.

I heard from others that have seen him play bee's reserves games where he was easily the best on ground, carving them up like daniel wells on fire.

He could play a range of roles, he seems to be a cross between daniel wells and my fave past player mark west. He's got some of the ability of wells but he'll also have the crash and bash size of west before long. If he can get his act together he could be lethal.
Long way to go yet though.

STACKITUP
21-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi all new to the forum but like the people before me here also think Stack will be something special he has an attack on the ball that suggests he may be just what the doctor ordered as an attacking midfielder

BulldogBelle
21-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi all new to the forum but like the people before me here also think Stack will be something special he has an attack on the ball that suggests he may be just what the doctor ordered as an attacking midfielder

Welcome Stackitup, good to have you onboard.

Yes, I think Stack will become important to our team, I look forward to watching him grow within the group. He has a certain flair about him.

bulldogtragic
21-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I think he should be aiming for several BOGs for Willy and a half dozen games or so in the seniors.

Im not the traditional messiah hunter some are, when i say the one to watch, i mean where he was last year to where he should get to deserves the attention of watching.

However, i still think Trent Bartlett could still offer something forward. Now he was the messiah.

Dry Rot
21-01-2008, 11:14 PM
However, i still think Trent Bartlett could still offer something forward. Now he was the messiah.

Every now and then I like to look at the great man

http://www.geocities.com/kingsley_hunter25/trent.jpg

Bring Back Bartlett!

wb_age
21-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately I fail to see the hype with regard to Stack, although i must add I've only ever seen him at training and IMO he looked lazy out there..
On a positive note, Daniel Wells seems to look lazy at times so ot could be a matter of getting some adrenaline or game situations to give him some spark

The Coon Dog
21-01-2008, 11:58 PM
From all reports Stacky really struggled last season as he missed his girlfriend & young child who remained in Broome. The last I heard was that they were going to move to Melbourne after Christmas.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Every now and then I like to look at the great man

http://www.geocities.com/kingsley_hunter25/trent.jpg

Bring Back Bartlett!
Ah DR, my old BBB Brother.

BBB!

gohardorgohome
23-01-2008, 02:21 PM
true,

i saw the first werribee senior game he played which was against port melbourne,

he was pretty woefull. Obviously very nervous he made some collosal blunders and spent most of the day on the pine.

I heard from others that have seen him play bee's reserves games where he was easily the best on ground, carving them up like daniel wells on fire.

He could play a range of roles, he seems to be a cross between daniel wells and my fave past player mark west. He's got some of the ability of wells but he'll also have the crash and bash size of west before long. If he can get his act together he could be lethal.
Long way to go yet though.

I saw that game and agree. He was far from impressive. I hope it was just a case Of a young kid from warm and sunny WA struggling to come to terms with cold winter conditions in Melbourne.

From memory he didn't make the WA under 18 team and was a speculative pick. From what I have seen so far I'd rate him behind Lynch and Hill.

I really hope that we see the form that he reportedly shows on the training track in the Big League.

Long to medium I'd love to see all three of these guys in the team together.