PDA

View Full Version : Macrae commits to the Kennel

bornadog
09-11-2017, 02:31 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/544631-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

The Western Bulldogs have secured midfielder Jackson Macrae until at least the end of the 2022 season.
Macrae, who was already contracted until the end of 2018, moved early to sign a four-year contract extension.

The 23-year-old was selected with pick six in the 2012 National Draft, and has played 99 games for the Bulldogs since his debut in Round 4, 2013.

“Jackson took his game to another level in 2017, and has become one of our most consistent performers,” said Bulldogs’ List Manager Jason McCartney.

“While he is already an important member of our midfield, he still has massive upside, and it’s fantastic to see him recommit for the long term.”

Macrae, a member of the Bulldogs’ 2016 AFL Premiership team, placed third in the Club’s Charles Sutton Medal in October, and was runner-up in 2014.

A dominant 2017 season saw him lead the disposal count for the Bulldogs, averaging 27.5 per game.
He amassed 30 or more possessions in eight games last season, with a high of 41 against Port Adelaide in Round 22.

In each of his last four seasons, he has averaged more than 26 disposals.
“It was an easy decision for me to recommit to the Bulldogs, because I’ve loved playing for the Club and am excited about what the future holds,” Macrae said.

“I’m proud to be on the verge of being a 100-game player at the Club, and motivated to continue to improve my game every season.

“I believe we have a young and talented group which is capable of achieving more success in the coming years, and I want to be a part of that.”

bornadog
09-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Great News, he is now contracted 5 more years.

Murphy'sLore
09-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Yay! Happy to have Jack locked away (insofar as that is meaningful these days)

SlimPickens
09-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Outstanding. Most underrated player in the comp!

hujsh
09-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Great news. Happy to have this done in advance (now Bont pls)

ledge
09-11-2017, 02:47 PM
To sign 4 years and read his statement, I think we are in a better position than the scribes rate us.

Topdog
09-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Very very nice

bornadog
09-11-2017, 03:09 PM
To sign 4 years and read his statement, I think we are in a better position than the scribes rate us.

4 more years and he was already contracted to end 2018 - so he will be contracted for 5 years more.

Doc26
09-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Great news and incredibly pleasing to see that Jack's somewhat bucked the trend of A graders holding out to the eleventh hour to maximise their dollar worth.

Now for Marcus to re-commit.

Twodogs
09-11-2017, 03:40 PM
He's our second most important player because he doesn't ever drop below an already high level. When we plan for the game we know we can put him down for 25 possies at the least. If we know that we pretty much always win a game when we get the ball 500 times then knowing we have a player that we can absolutely rely on to provide at least 25 of them is like gold.

He's already doing more than his bit at his very minimum output. The rest is gravy.

Mantis
09-11-2017, 03:46 PM
He's our second most important player because he doesn't ever drop below an already high level. When we plan for the game we know we can put him down for 25 possies at the least. If we know that we pretty much always win a game when we get the ball 500 times then knowing we have a player that we can absolutely rely on to provide at least 25 of them is like gold.

One of, if not the most consistent performer on our list, but a fair way down the list in terms of importance.... in my eyes anyway.

Very happy he's locked away, looking forward to watching his game develop over the next few years, with his ability to affect the scoreboard either by kicking goals or creating goals high on the 'get better now' list.

Remi Moses
09-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Great re-signing . Very very underrated

jeemak
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
This is fantastic news. I think Jack's a player whose importance is realised when he's not around almost more son than when he is.

We all know he needs to hit the score board more, and improve some of the finer points in his kicking however, he is as tough as nails and does more grunt work than a lot of midfielders of his ilk.

bulldogtragic
09-11-2017, 04:19 PM
We are wasting no time signing our main targets out of contract in 2018 it seems.

Can we do Cordy next please.

Twodogs
09-11-2017, 04:35 PM
One of, if not the most consistent performer on our list, but a fair way down the list in terms of importance.... in my eyes anyway.

Very happy he's locked away, looking forward to watching his game develop over the next few years, with his ability to affect the scoreboard either by kicking goals or creating goals high on the 'get better now' list.

I see what you mean. Not every touch torches the opposition as much as it could but we can expect Jack to imporove aspects of his game year on year, he seems the sort of kid not content to rest on his laurels.

I really rate knowing you can book him in for a certain of touches every game. For me that pushes him into the role that West and Cross filled for so long. The uber consistent onballer that we can build a team around. They might not be 25 flashy touches but they will be 25 touches that will find a teamate that we can rely on week in week out while everyone else's numbers go up and down.

bulldogsman
09-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Very happy to hear this. One of our most reliable and durable players on the list.

He's a personal favourite of mine, I was on board before we drafted him. If he can kick a few more goals like in his junior days, he will take his game to another level.

BornInDroopSt'54
09-11-2017, 05:51 PM
A huge commitment both from him and the club. Macrae works so hard at his craft and seems to expect that of others. My guess is he is one who stood up to the cowboy element in the playing group this year.
Now if Jackson can work on his kicking and start to believe in it, he could go another level to elite.

Smads57
09-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Best news for this week. Rate him highly for what he brought to our 2016 finals series

bulldogtragic
09-11-2017, 06:15 PM
It's unfortunate that's there's Wood & Marcus for him, because I think he'd be a great captain. If he can work through his phobia of taking shots at goal, the media folks will all of a sudden see he's a lot better than give him credit for.

Eastdog
09-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Great news. Very happy that Jack has recommitted to the club. He had a great year in a year we were well down. Unlucky not to win the Charlie Sutton medal.

Greystache
09-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Excellent

Go_Dogs
09-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Very happy to hear this. One of our most reliable and durable players on the list.

He's a personal favourite of mine, I was on board before we drafted him. If he can kick a few more goals like in his junior days, he will take his game to another level.

Was definitely an attribute he had so hopefully he rekindles it.

Stoked to have him sign up - hope we have a few more announcements between now and the start of the season.

ratsmac
09-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Jack is a jet, no two ways about it! This is a great and important signing. I'm rapt.

Webby
09-11-2017, 08:29 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T:

B&F count might not have... but great to see the purse string holders of the club have their heads screwed on..!

(Had a blood bath at Flemington today... but this makes it a break-even!)

The Doctor
09-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Thats fantastic news. Gun player

The Underdog
09-11-2017, 09:09 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T:

B&F count might not have... but great to see the purse string holders of the club have their heads screwed on..!

How did they not respect him at the B&F? He came 3rd in the club.

This is awesome news though. Definitely a candidate to be in the leadership group this year I’d suggest.

Webby
09-11-2017, 09:47 PM
How did they not respect him at the B&F? He came 3rd in the club.

He was a distant third - despite being our most reliable player for the year. Can't necessarily say he had the Bont covered, but he definitely had JJ covered. He's a modern day Stevie Wallis

josie
09-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Go Jackson!! Great news. Keep replaying that goal from prelim and believe you can more of that and guaranteed you will poll better in Brownlow. More importantly there will be more team success like ‘16.

dadsgirl16
09-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Very Good News...Very Happy DG16

The bulldog tragician
09-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Wonderful news that our often under-rated champ has signed. How typical that there was no fuss. He did it before we even began fretting about whether he would - that’s class!

whythelongface
09-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Outstanding. Most underrated player in the comp!

Extremely underrated by all opposition fans and the media. Love his work and that he has committed to another five seasons

WBFC4FFC
10-11-2017, 05:26 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T:

The Club's focus should now be on The Bont (obviously) and Lewis Young, in-terms of re-signings!

G-Mo77
11-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Macrae continues to be underrated and quietly signed and extension with us which hardly got a story in main stream media. Love it!!!

Eastdog
11-11-2017, 04:31 PM
The Club's focus should now be on The Bont (obviously) and Lewis Young, in-terms of re-signings!

Lewis Young I was very impressed with. What a great debut he had.