PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs 2018 - Land of the giants

lemmon
25-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Cordy, Campbell, Boyd, Roberts, Roughead, Adams, Collins, Young, Morris, Redpath, English, Schache, Trengrove, Naughton...I don't think I forgot anyone?

It must be the tallest list the club has ever put together and you could genuinely have any of those boys playing consistent time in the seniors next year.

It's very early to say but for a coach that seems to enjoy playing a smaller side, how does Bevo fit them in? Especially when the trend seems to be less in favour of key talls (particularly forwards).

Getting another key back last night made me suspect we might even see Trengrove as a ruck.

I think it's a good place to be in, the competition for spots is going to be huge. How this crop develops over the next 12 months is going to be one of the more interesting things to happen next year.

bulldogtragic
25-11-2017, 11:35 AM
One crazy theory I have is that Bevo hs come up with a new gameplan. His last coach, Al Clarkson, changes things up all the time. Perhaps Bevo thinks everyone will chase the Richmond model which allows him to go in another direction with versatile talls in a new gameplan.

bornadog
25-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Bevo mentioned early this year something about lack of marking power around the ground, maybe he feels we need more talls.

LostDoggy
25-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Bevo mentioned early this year something about lack of marking power around the ground, maybe he feels we need more talls.

Even some of the mids we have bought in are apparently strong overhead. We know Crozier is, whilst scouting notes for Richards and Porter both note a strength overhead. Promising as it is an area we could be stronger in.

GVGjr
26-11-2017, 12:06 AM

When the zone defence set-up that we use breaks down then having a couple of players capable of taking a mark steadies a team.
With the injuries we had last year and without ruckman at times we have taken a substantial step forward to addressing it for 2018.

We will be able to play in form talls as match-up suits us not play a tall or two just for the sake of it.

Twodogs
26-11-2017, 02:18 AM
One crazy theory I have is that Bevo hs come up with a new gameplan. His last coach, Al Clarkson, changes things up all the time. Perhaps Bevo thinks everyone will chase the Richmond model which allows him to go in another direction with versatile talls in a new gameplan.

Even some of the mids we have bought in are apparently strong overhead. We know Crozier is, whilst scouting notes for Richards and Porter both note a strength overhead. Promising as it is an area we could be stronger in.

God knows we are lousy at holding chest marks. Some of the puddings we drop in the forward line are borderline criminal!

S Coast Simon
26-11-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm happy we have stockpiled talls as they are worth their weight in gold when trading. I would also like to see Trengove in the ruck. He played his best year when Paddy Rider went down.

bornadog
26-11-2017, 01:24 PM
20 players over 190cm

Name
Height

English, Timothy
205cm

Roughead, Jordan
200cm

Boyd, Thomas
200cm

Campbell, Tom
200cm

Schache, Josh
199cm

Trengove, Jackson
197cm

Young, Lewis
197cm

Mullenger-McHugh, Nathan
196cm

Roberts, Fletcher
196cm

Naughton, Aaron
194cm

Redpath, Jack
194cm

Collins, Kieran
194cm

Cordy, Zaine
193cm

Bontempelli, Marcus
193cm

Adams, Marcus
192cm

Macrae, Jackson
191cm

Morris, Dale
190cm

Dunkley, Josh
190cm

bulldogtragic
26-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Did we trade Stringer back? :D

bornadog
26-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Did we trade Stringer back? :D

Are you seeing things? :D Bloody Footywire didn't delete him and I missed it:o

ratsmac
26-11-2017, 02:43 PM
20 players over 190cm

Name
Height

English, Timothy
205cm

Roughead, Jordan
200cm

Boyd, Thomas
200cm

Campbell, Tom
200cm

Schache, Josh
199cm

Trengove, Jackson
197cm

Young, Lewis
197cm

Mullenger-McHugh, Nathan
196cm

Roberts, Fletcher
196cm

Naughton, Aaron
194cm

Redpath, Jack
194cm

Collins, Kieran
194cm

Cordy, Zaine
193cm

Bontempelli, Marcus
193cm

Adams, Marcus
192cm

Macrae, Jackson
191cm

Morris, Dale
190cm

Dunkley, Josh
190cm

There's some serious height there. Hopefully we have a good game plan to suit.

It's hard to believe that Bontempelli and Cordy are the same height.